A 2021 PTR: HHN30 & More Updated 10/22 Denver Mini TR Art Museum & 13th Floor Haunted House

PlutosRHM55

Currently: No HHN Depression
I was just stopping to see what I could find on the UO boards and saw that you had a PTR so I decided to jump in.

I'm sorry your trip got cancelled and that you lost your job too. Sounds all too familiar (can sadly relate). It's been so rough, but I agree it's for the better that we get to apply for unemployment benefits than not get paid at all. I wish you the best on that.

I'm not going to lie, I'm so nervous about HHN30. I've been looking forward to it since HHN ended this year. All of my friends have, even ones who left FL and weren't going to be living there again. It's been dominating my life currently since I see it as the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been looking at the speculation maps, listening to podcasts about it and everything. Ultimately, I'm kinda coming to terms with it potentially being cancelled, since the opposite might be a VERY watered down HHN and that just seems sad on an anniversary year. If it gets moved to October, fine, I just want this year to be done right and if that's 2021, so be it. Even though it would suck to wait until 2021 for a Beetlejuice house and a Legendary Truth house, at least they would be in prime.

Fingers still crossed though.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
I was just stopping to see what I could find on the UO boards and saw that you had a PTR so I decided to jump in.
Hey there! :wave2:

I'm sorry your trip got cancelled and that you lost your job too. Sounds all too familiar (can sadly relate). It's been so rough, but I agree it's for the better that we get to apply for unemployment benefits than not get paid at all. I wish you the best on that.
Thank you, I'm sorry again about your DCP ending. :hug: So far they've been saying our job will open as normal when they can which I think might be before/during early June with the newest info about re-opening plans. The unemployment benefits have actually been very helpful with the added amount they've given during this crisis, but without that extra amount I'd be making very little. Luckily, Josh is still working too.

I'm not going to lie, I'm so nervous about HHN30. I've been looking forward to it since HHN ended this year.
I've been nervous here and there, but the official news has been optimistic so far, so I've been trying to stay optimistic. I really think things will be operating again by Sep (though maybe not at fully what they were). I spend all year looking forward to HHN so it would be very disappointing to not have it.

Ultimately, I'm kinda coming to terms with it potentially being cancelled, since the opposite might be a VERY watered down HHN and that just seems sad on an anniversary year.
I am too. It was something I wouldn't have even dreamed of at first, but now with all this going on it seems like it could be a possibility, and depending on what's going on it could be the best choice; but I guess we just have to wait and see. I agree, I don't want it to be watered down, but I'm hoping if things start opening over the summer that maybe by then we'll have moved farther in the re-opening procedures, and it won't be super watered down? But I don't know. If it's going to have that many restrictions I think they would come to the conclusion that it isn't worth having. But even if it was watered down I think I'd still attend at least for a long weekend.

Depending on what happens this year if theme parks are still operating with everything severely restricted (Disney too), but other tourist attractions and areas we want to travel aren't (because they don't see as many people as theme parks do), then we may change up our travel plans a little for this year or cancel some of them.

If it gets moved to October, fine, I just want this year to be done right and if that's 2021, so be it
Ah, I didn't hear anything about October. My job doesn't let me take time off in Oct and my approved vacation was for the supposed opening week in Sep so I hope it doesn't come to that. We could find a way to maybe go in Oct for a long weekend if they did, but it would be kind of tricky. I really do think things will be operating by Sep, but I'm not entirely sure if they'll decide to have HHN this year or next. Either way I'll be there!

Monykalyn

DIS Veteran
I've been off the boards for a while, actually most social media-the amount of panic and sheer misinformation etc was just too much.
Sorry about your job - that has to be stressful. I'm still working from home-not as many hours but close enough. My hubs does fundraising with schools though, and with schools closed-just as spring fundraisers were kicking off---well I think we have over 500 cases of chocolate bars sitting in the lower lever right now LOL. But it means his income has pretty much evaporated. We were lucky enough to get that SBA loan that will be forgiven if the money goes to payroll-technically he is SBA with one employee with the way he works.

I hope your Chicago trip happens, but if not something to look forward to at a later date. We had a May Paris trip cancelled obviously-Disneyland paris got in contact a few weeks ago but still haven't gotten the refund, nor has the airline gotten back about the refund. But both these happened around beginning of April so hasn't really been the months it feels like.

Your dates are for the first weekend of HHN? I've got booked 9/23-9/30 with the 23-27 at Universal. Was planning on the last couple days at Disney for F&W - really hoping things are nearly back to normal then! Well actually by August as our middle kid has decided on UCF for her college. Almost - almost - booked a couple other long weekend flight for october as Frontier was running $11 flights!!! If they do run that special again I think I will book-even if ends up I can't run off to Orlando I think I could spare losing $22!

I'm keeping up the optimism that by end of summer most of this will be under control and behind us. DH's oldest daughter (lives in Jacksonville and works as researcher at Mayo there) has her annual conference at Disney in late August-and it is still on. It's a physician conference and if THEY haven't cancelled yet I see no reason to panic.

Here's hoping the plans stay together and happen!!

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I've been off the boards for a while, actually most social media-the amount of panic and sheer misinformation etc was just too much.
    I understand, the threads on here with rumors about reopening etc have been too much for me to look at too often.

Sorry about your job - that has to be stressful.
    Thank you. It's been a bit, mostly because before we left some people were freaking out that we wouldn't open back up and they've had very little communication with us since then, but Josh is still working and I was able to apply for unemployment so currently it's not too stressful.

I hope your Chicago trip happens, but if not something to look forward to at a later date.
    I ended up deciding to cancel it, I think it might work better next year.

Your dates are for the first weekend of HHN? I've got booked 9/23-9/30 with the 23-27 at Universal.
    Yes we're booked that first weekend through the following Sat.

Almost - almost - booked a couple other long weekend flight for october as Frontier was running $11 flights!!! If they do run that special again I think I will book-even if ends up I can't run off to Orlando I think I could spare losing $22!
    Omg wow that's a good price! Southwest has been running some $49 flights (esp to Chicago) and it's been hard not to book because typically they're a lot more.

I'm keeping up the optimism that by end of summer most of this will be under control and behind us. DH's oldest daughter (lives in Jacksonville and works as researcher at Mayo there) has her annual conference at Disney in late August-and it is still on. It's a physician conference and if THEY haven't cancelled yet I see no reason to panic.
    Me too. I'm really hoping for that.

Hey Raeven! Hope you're keeping well, and trip planning isn't too stressful in these uncertain times. Great update as usual!
    Hi! Thank you, hope you're well too. It's been hard to do any actual trip planning, but hopefully we'll know soonish.

Pretty couple :goodvibes
    Aw thank you!

:laughing: what were you happier to see, chocolate or toilet paper?!
    :rotfl: we actually haven't been having too hard a time of finding toilet paper so I'd have to go with chocolate.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    HHN/Disney Trip-18 weeks
    2nd Trip-30 weeks?

Josh has been working since my last post, but I haven't heard anything from my work yet. I don't believe they'd be able to open until we hit phase 2 in this area, but we aren't even in phase 1 of reopening yet so I'm thinking that may be more towards June.

Since I last updated I've done a few projects with my sister like redoing her room and baking the most elaborate cake I've ever made (pictures will be below). We haven't been able to do the tie dye yet because the shirts we ordered we're a little delayed and just got in. I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do? :rotfl: While we were baking I got some footage for a vlog which I'll post on here when I finish editing it.

Trip Planning

Since last posting I decided it would just be easier to cancel Chicago. If we moved it to July, and couldn't go then there'd be nowhere else we'd really be able to move it before next year so for now maybe we'll go in April-June next year.

We received all our refunds for our cancelled trip finally. From both Ticketmaster and Undercover Tourist. We got a 100% refund because they were after hours tickets and not regular park tickets too.

September Trip

I ended up keeping just RPR booked because I still don't really know how much time we'll spend at Disney, and it was easier than having 3 different deposits for 3 different hotels. I'm still pretty hopeful so far about September, but I'm also not really making many plans just in case. Disneyland's opening was just pushed back to July, and everyday I hear either WDW/Universal is close to reopening or it might be months. If theme parks are out for September, I'm not sure what our backup plan is yet. We probably wouldn't go to FL at all.

December Trip

I ended up cancelling all the reservations for California. The flights ended up not opening the day they were supposed to anyway. I think we'll go there next year like we originally planned. Right now I'm thinking Miami with maybe a few days at theme parks if this trip happens, but this trip is still an if. If the parks are open but we can only pick one trip we'd probably do the HHN one, if the HHN one doesn't happen I'm not sure if we'll do 2 or combine the trips into one. And depending on what happens neither trip could happen, and this could end up a 2021 PTR.

More Quarantine Pictures

The aforementioned Starbucks trip:

Another walk:

We decided to bake a cake inspired by Buddy (aka the Cake Boss) in honor of the Buddy Vs Duff finale (which took place in Disneyland and which Buddy won!) This is similar to a cake from his bakery, although we did use a mix because we figured the hard part would be the layers.

(The hard part actually ended up being the sprinkles which was a huge mess :rotfl:).

It came out really nicely though!

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 9.59.48 PM.png

Also here's my new Aristocats shirt:

(I've actually had it awhile, but I was saving it to wear on a trip so I never wore it).

PlutosRHM55

Currently: No HHN Depression
    I think you're smart for cutting back and cancelling all of your trips. The uncertainty is still there even with Shanghai opening so soon. You're better off holding out for one trip than having your money spread out every which way. Fingers big crossed for HHN this year. Big BIG crossed.

That cake you made looks so so good. I also love the Killer Klowns shirt. I've been in the mood for a re-watch lately. That film is just the fun I need during this quarantine. Love the Aristocats shirt too!

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    You're better off holding out for one trip than having your money spread out every which way.
    Yeah, it's hard to say if any of the trips will happen this year because just opening isn't enough. Both our state and whichever state we're traveling too will have to be doing ok, and that state can't have one of those quarantine bans on us. Plus things with my job have to be worked out, and if there's a lot of restrictions at first I'd rather hold off till we're in a phase where that's not the case.

Fingers big crossed for HHN this year. Big BIG crossed.
    Yes!

That cake you made looks so so good.
    It was good! But very, very sugary :rotfl:

I also love the Killer Klowns shirt. I've been in the mood for a re-watch lately. That film is just the fun I need during this quarantine.
    It was from HHN 2 years ago, I love all the Killer Klowns shirts I've acquired from HHN :laughing: It's such a good movie! And I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix.

Love the Aristocats shirt too!
    Thank you!

DisneyLifePapioNe

DIS Veteran

Yeah, it's hard to say if any of the trips will happen this year because just opening isn't enough. Both our state and whichever state we're traveling too will have to be doing ok, and that state can't have one of those quarantine bans on us. Plus things with my job have to be worked out, and if there's a lot of restrictions at first I'd rather hold off till we're in a phase where that's not the case.

Yes!

It was good! But very, very sugary :rotfl:

It was from HHN 2 years ago, I love all the Killer Klowns shirts I've acquired from HHN :laughing: It's such a good movie! And I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix.

Thank you!
    :wave2:

TheLittleKatie

DIS Veteran
    Sorry to hear about your trips. I don't know about you, but for me planning (not Disney but honeymoon) has just become so impossible with not knowing what we'd be allowed to do, that it's actually a relief to just cancel it for now. Hopefully by the time you take your trips things might be a bit more normal, and more enjoyable :goodvibes

Also love the Aristocats shirt, and your cake is fanstastic! I'm imagining you trying to do the sprinkles, that sounds like absolute carnage :rotfl:

• vrajewski10513

DIS Veteran
    I don't believe they'd be able to open until we hit phase 2 in this area, but we aren't even in phase 1 of reopening yet so I'm thinking that may be more towards June.
    I live in WNY, which is apparently the only place in NY worse than downstate :sad2: I'm hoping that we wont lose out on the entire summer stuck in phase 1.

I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do? :rotfl:
    I spent 40 minutes in line for Dairy Queen last week lol Jeremy made a trip to home depot this morning so I think we're going to start sprucing up the exterior of our house as soon as the weather warms up a bit more!

We received all our refunds for our cancelled trip finally. From both Ticketmaster and Undercover Tourist. We got a 100% refund because they were after hours tickets and not regular park tickets too.
    Thats great, I'm glad you were able to get refunds for everything!

I'm still pretty hopeful so far about September, but I'm also not really making many plans just in case.
    We're still holding out hope for September as well. Although, since were only going for a long weekend, we decided in the event that HHN is postponed or cancelled we more than likely wont be making the trip this year.
    I ended up cancelling all the reservations for California. The flights ended up not opening the day they were supposed to anyway. I think we'll go there next year like we originally planned.
    We've actually decided that if September doesn't pan out we might use those funds to take a trip over to Disneyland next year!

That looks amazing! You guys did such a great job! Its definitely not easy to layer cake.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Sorry to hear about your trips. I don't know about you, but for me planning (not Disney but honeymoon) has just become so impossible with not knowing what we'd be allowed to do, that it's actually a relief to just cancel it for now.
    I agree, I felt kind of relieved when we decided to cancel our April trip even though at the time it seemed like things might be okay by then. But by the time it rolled around we'd been under stay at home orders for a month so I was glad we cancelled it.

Hopefully by the time you take your trips things might be a bit more normal, and more enjoyable :goodvibes
    Yes that's what I'm hoping!

Also love the Aristocats shirt, and your cake is fanstastic! I'm imagining you trying to do the sprinkles, that sounds like absolute carnage :rotfl:
    Thank you! I got it from Boxlunch.

As for the sprinkles I was trying a "throw them at the cake and hope they stick" approach which was very messy. :rotfl: My dad's kitchen floor may have had quite a few on it before he suggested we do the sprinkling over the sink.

Cake looks fabulous!!!!!
    Thank you!

I live in WNY, which is apparently the only place in NY worse than downstate :sad2: I'm hoping that we wont lose out on the entire summer stuck in phase 1.
    I'm hoping we hear something soon! I don't want to be stuck in phase 1 for long either because I don't think I can go back to work till phase 2, and if we were closed that long I don't know what would happen.

I spent 40 minutes in line for Dairy Queen last week lol Jeremy made a trip to home depot this morning so I think we're going to start sprucing up the exterior of our house as soon as the weather warms up a bit more!
    Our local ice cream place had an hour long line when we went recently :rotfl: My dad said it was ridiculous to wait, but I said what else were we doing?

That's a nice idea!

We're still holding out hope for September as well. Although, since were only going for a long weekend, we decided in the event that HHN is postponed or cancelled we more than likely wont be making the trip this year.
    If HHN is postponed or cancelled we probably won't either. Our trip was longer but entirely centered around going to HHN. If not for HHN we probably wouldn't travel to FL in September just because there's also that added worry of hurricanes at that time. We'd probably pick another destination or just do the Dec trip then.

We've actually decided that if September doesn't pan out we might use those funds to take a trip over to Disneyland next year!
    Ooo that'll be fun! We were going to do DL/Cali again next year, but then when we cancelled our April trip I figured we'd just go this year. Now I'm not sure. I guess it could still be a possibility, but I'm thinking it'll probably have to wait till next year.

That looks amazing! You guys did such a great job! Its definitely not easy to layer cake.
    Thank you! It's not :faint: Some of the layers were a little bit off size-wise and we were afraid there'd be a moment when it all toppled over :rotfl:

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do? :rotfl:
    No kidding! Gone are the days of "ain't nobody got time for that". :rotfl:

We decided to bake a cake inspired by Buddy (aka the Cake Boss) in honor of the Buddy Vs Duff finale
    That's so awesome!!! I used to love both shows. I went into Buddy's place many years ago which was so awesome, and did a drive by of Duff's once too, but it looked almost nothing like they make it look on the show so that was disappointing but still fun.

It came out beautifully!!! The colors are perfect!!! :thumbsup2

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    That's so awesome!!! I used to love both shows. I went into Buddy's place many years ago which was so awesome, and did a drive by of Duff's once too, but it looked almost nothing like they make it look on the show so that was disappointing but still fun.
    I want to go to Buddy's so badly! That's so cool.

It came out beautifully!!! The colors are perfect!!! :thumbsup2
    Aw thank you!

DisneyLifePapioNe

DIS Veteran
    Any cake you need help cleaning up....:rotfl2:

It does look great!

Came out nicely sprinkles and the layers, should have said so in my other post!

The killer klowns shirt is awesome also!

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
    I've also waited in ridiculously long car lines for some very small things (like ice cream or Starbucks) because what else is there to do?
    Yup, right there with you. Waited in a crazy line for donuts yesterday.

Your cake looked amazing!! I have been baking a lot too. It's funny when you have this much time on your hands anything seems possible, I'd never have considered half the stuff I'm doing during regular life.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Your cake looked amazing!! I have been baking a lot too. It's funny when you have this much time on your hands anything seems possible, I'd never have considered half the stuff I'm doing during regular life.
    Thank you! I know I feel like I'm doing a lot of things I never thought about doing before :rotfl:

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Quarantine Update Vol 5 & Baking a Rainbow Layer Cake Vlog

I don't currently have any planning updates, but I'll try to get another post up this week about our trips. I just wanted to share that I finally finished the vlog from when we were baking the cake!

Last edited:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS