Delete Thread

Quarantine Update Vol 5 & Baking a Rainbow Layer Cake Vlog

I don't currently have any planning updates, but I'll try to get another post up this week about our trips. I just wanted to share that I finally finished the vlog from when we were baking the cake!

Cool vid!!!

Almost needed a drum roll for the cake cutting!!

You`ve been busy Raeven......what bad luck with the phone!!! What are the chances of an empty box!

Hope you hear about your job soon, it`s been such a long time for you now. And your poor dad!!! Must have been hard to see for you, but glad he`s on the mend now and should be healed soon. Fingers crossed.

You have some nice plans for the trips.....I`ve only seen a friends pictures of Loews Miami and it looks gorgeous!!!!

Some nice pictures.....and you`ve been quite productive with the tees.....they are so nice.

Like the look of the smoothie too.......

I booked the Loews Miami for the days we'll be in Miami,

I LOVE that hotel. The best location and such a lovely place.

Great plans...makes me hungry looking at your list of restaurants. Looking forward to seeing the reviews!! One of the things I was most sad about our shortened trip in March was missing our Homecomin' reservation because I really want to try that place :(. I think there is one in Miami BTW - you probably know that, but just in case you don't have time for it in Orlando.

Finally caught up.

I love the cake you guys made- it looks very complicated but it looks great!

I'm hopeful Universal has a good plan in place that HHN can still happen and fingers crossed that I can still go this year!

An empty box?! :faint: Maybe it was someone's first day back after quarantine :laughing:

So glad to hear your dad is improving! :goodvibes

Your plans look great, as does your tie-dye! :thumbsup2 Love how many times you're going to HHN!

I also ordered my new phone finally (I can't wait for the camera on it), but Verizon accidentally sent out an empty box.

The lady on the phone seemed just as confused as I did, but they think it was because I tried to change the address it was going to. (I wanted it to go to my dad's so that someone would be home to sign for it). So I have to wait till next week to get it.
Do you need to send your current phone back to them? The last time I ordered a new phone from verizon they sent me an empty box to send back my current phone (I traded it in before it was completely paid off) once I received my new one.

Also I don't think I've mentioned my dad's ankle in awhile, but unfortunately while it was healing it got infected. (I think it had to do with the screws rubbing against the skin and preventing it from fully healing). Due to what's been going on they wouldn't check it at an in person visit (it was earlier in the quarantine then) and they just prescribed antibiotics so it got a lot worse before it got better. They ended up having to do a second surgery on it, and decided to take out all the hardware. They also found MRSA in it, and finally put him on the correct antibiotics for that. That was less than a week ago, and I guess it was a much easier surgery. I think the wound itself is still healing, but he's been walking on it without crutches and they said it should be completely healed in about a month.
Wow, thats rough! I'm glad to hear he is finally on the mend!

I'm happy to hear Universal is opening soon, and while we're still waiting to hear about HHN and HHN tickets. I'm taking it as a good sign they're opening up about 3 months before the event, and by things that have been said it sounds like they still plan on proceeding.
I'm going back and forth with myself on whether or not to get the BOGO deal... we were planning on doing 3 nights, but i'm worried they might not have the option of multi-night tickets this year. I don't want to end up missing out on the BOGO deal and not be able to get RoF.

As a replacement we may finally go to Volcano Bay
We love Volcano Bay!!

If it comes to that I guess we'll have to change our plans, but yesterday I thought I saw someone say multi night tickets were onsale for the UK (I could be wrong though) but that made me feel better.
Yeah I believe they released the FF and FF+ to the UK already.

Shirts came out great!
Your poor dad! Ugh that is the problem with the push to telehealth-some things just really really need in person visits. Glad he is now on the mend!

Hope HHN is good to go. I still have my reservations, not planning on cancelling unless the mask situation is unbearable-will find out in a few days: we had extra weeks from our timeshare so we traded into an Orlando resort for 2 weeks, with Florida going into phase 2 today, and the resort pools are open. And now that Universal is open DH wants to go...we have cloth and the blue paper masks so will be testing them out.

Nice to be trip planning again! The only time I've been in Miami was when we drove down from Universal for our cruise. Looks like a neat city.
PS I found your youtube channel! It is great!

Glad to hear things are back on the table for you! I know I have my ear to the ground on everything with HHN. Virtual auditions/applications for TMs are happening as we speak so hopefully that means we are just gonna get an onslaught of announcements soon. I'm also just hoping that second wave doesn't come through and everything shuts down again because if it does... I know the likelihood is pretty much nonexistent for the parks to stay open and HHN to happen.

I love your shirt and the overalls! I just watched Sleepaway Camp for the first time so I'm kinda getting into a classic Slasher mood. Good thing I have Shudder now for all my Horror fixes :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!