A 2021 PTR: HHN30 & More Updated 7/26 HHN Cancellation & Planning for 2021

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Thank you for all the great advice Raven, it is all very helpful.
You're welcome!

As much as I wanted to be hopeful, I am with you, thinking it is probably best to cancel the trip at this point, as you said even if the parks are up and running it won't be what it normally is.
Yeah, that's what really pushed me to cancel. We also had a Disney portion & Disney has cancelled everything up through June 1st so it would've ended up getting cancelled anyway. Even if they haven't said it yet, I feel like Universal's timeline will probably be similar.

Just never thought in a million years that we would be living in times like this, like you said I feel like we are living in a movie, I keep waking up each day thinking that it was just a bad dream.
Nope this was very unexpected! I feel the same way.

I hope things work out for you with your job, stay well and healthy.
Thank you! I hope things work out for you too!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
So this week I've made Tiktoks
I still don't understand Tiktok lol

found a section of movies on Netflix that are like Lifetime movies (and are so bad they're amazing),
oo good to know!

Almost all the guesses last year were 100% right, and this map had Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and Haunting of Hill House houses as possibilities (among others) which I'd be very excited for.
Gremlins would be amazing! I was obsessed with that movie as a kid. We started watching the Haunted of Hill house the other night and I like it so far!

I haven't seen a lot of her videos, but I guess there's a lot of horror movie imagery in them so I feel like that makes enough sense. I like her music, but it can be hard to understand what she's saying sometimes because some of the songs are so quiet.
Oo I didn't know that! The old song i've heard of hers is the one that's always on the radio so I guess I have to look up more of them lol

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I still don't understand Tiktok lol
    I don't think I do either lol, but it's fun. I wish I knew more people who had one.

oo good to know!
    Amazon Prime has actual Lifetime movies too :rotfl:

Gremlins would be amazing! I was obsessed with that movie as a kid. We started watching the Haunted of Hill house the other night and I like it so far!
    I can't wait to see how they'd do Gremlins if they do end up doing it! Hill House is so creepy! I couldn't stop watching once we started.

Oo I didn't know that! The old song i've heard of hers is the one that's always on the radio so I guess I have to look up more of them lol

I guess from the ones on the radio it would be hard to tell. Some have creepy lyrics, but some just have creepy videos. (I wasn't really aware of the videos till recently), but I do have some of the music downloaded.

vrajewski10513

DIS Veteran
    I saw yesterday that they released the first HHN speculation map. Almost all the guesses last year were 100% right, and this map had Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and Haunting of Hill House houses as possibilities (among others) which I'd be very excited for.
    I’d actually be pretty stoked if this ended up being the line up. I’ve seen a lot of people say if this comes to be they’ll be skipping the event this year. Cool, bro. Shorter lines and better social distancing for the rest of us. :confused3

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
    Amazon Prime has actual Lifetime movies too :rotfl:
    Oo wow also good to know thank you!

I can't wait to see how they'd do Gremlins if they do end up doing it!
    Me neither! They could make it really creepy with little Gremlins and Gremlin eyes everywhere if they wanted to.

Hill House is so creepy! I couldn't stop watching once we started.
    It is! We haven't gotten that far because Mike and I are rarely home (and awake) at the same time but I'm dying to watch more of it.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I’d actually be pretty stoked if this ended up being the line up. I’ve seen a lot of people say if this comes to be they’ll be skipping the event this year. Cool, bro. Shorter lines and better social distancing for the rest of us. :confused3
    Me too! Haha you're right! I've seen people say that too, and I agree.

Me neither! They could make it really creepy with little Gremlins and Gremlin eyes everywhere if they wanted to.
    Yes! I'm picturing they'll kind of how they did the critter puppets in Slaughter Sinema (idk if you went in 2018 but if you did do you remember those?)

It is! We haven't gotten that far because Mike and I are rarely home (and awake) at the same time but I'm dying to watch more of it.
    We had that problem too :rotfl: Josh gets in about an hour a night before he falls asleep so we watched it much slower than I wanted to.

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Chicago Trip-9 weeks?
    HHN/Disney Trip-21 weeks
    LA Trip-33 weeks?

We’re still under a stay at home order until May 15th so I haven't heard anything from work. Josh is back at work since Wednesday (they closed for a couple weeks to deep clean but are an "essential" town service so I think they always had the ability to open whenever).

Since I last updated I have watched more movies I'd meant to see, online shopped, learned 1 Tiktok dance (which will probably be the only one I ever learn) :rotfl: , won 2 household Uno championships, & watched the show On Becoming a God in Central Florida (I really liked it. It was kind of Twin Peaks-esque and it was pretty funny in a dark way. Plus I loved the 90's fashion). Despite the abundance of free time I still haven't caught up on most of the shows I watch, but I still have about a month to do that (especially since there isn't new episodes coming for a lot of them).

I have been watching more vlogs/podcasts than TV shows though since people are still posting new ones during this time. Which reminds me I think in the coming week I might try vlogging again. There isn't much to do, but I miss it, and there definitely won't be any trip vlogs for the foreseeable future. My sister and I planned to try a tie dye project of some sort so maybe that will make it in there.

(Maybe we'll look this cool when we're done?)

There's also another version of the HHN speculation map out:

I think people will be a lot happier with this version since it looks like they no longer think there'll be a Billie Eilish house just that she'll provide the music for one of the other houses. I think musician theming is more suited to a scare zone, but wouldn't have minded a house either. I also didn't love the idea of a Sabrina house (I've watched a lot of the show but kind of gave up on the most recent season) so I'm happy to see that gone. But I am disappointed that they don't think Gremlins will be involved anymore unless that's the secret IP.

Trip Planning

So last time I posted I had changed our Chicago trip to the week of my birthday around mid/late June. I'm now wondering if I'll have to move that again, as I'm wondering if we'll be in a phase where travel will be unrestricted at that time. NY is probably the state that's been hit the hardest, and I'm not sure how quickly we'll move through the phases to open again. Since we're already closed till May 15th, we probably wouldn't start trying to open until sometime after that. I'm thinking my work would open in the earliest phase they could (we're not a busy place), and I do think some/most things will be opening by June, but I'm not sure if everything will be open and without restrictions regarding travel. So I'm wondering if we should move it to July (not sure if that'll work with work but I can't check the calendar there now) or next year?

I've really wanted to go back to Chicago for a long time (and Josh has never been there) plus a long weekend trip should be pretty easy to fit in since it doesn't really involve taking time off so this is pretty disappointing, but any later than July and we can't do it this year because it'll be too close to another trip/blackout periods at work/it being too cold there in winter for things I want to do.

Oh! I also have the final update on our cancelled trip regarding refunds etc:

We were also finally able to get a refund from Ticketmaster for the comedy show that was postponed. I'd heard recently that Ticketmaster was no longer giving refunds for postponed shows, which I think is a terrible policy; but once I got on the chat and spoke to someone they offered the refund. I don't know if they are actually offering refunds typically though or if it was because prior to that I was in contact with an assistant manager at Hard Rock Live about the refund (which she said I'd be able to get), and I let them know that I talked to her and she mentioned they were offering refunds. She was very helpful though, and if any of you are having trouble with a postponed show at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando, I'd recommend reaching out to the venue via e-mail (or Twitter if you just have question that's where I first contacted them) because they'll help you out if they can.

Our Disney tickets are now good till a later date so I don't think I have to call Disney, and our after hours tickets were through Undercover Tourist, and I've heard they've been refunding 95% of the E-tickets so I have to send them an e-mail.

September Trip

For September I did start to do a little planning. It's still hard because we don't know what will be going on. Because I miss the parks I was thinking of adding on more days at Disney than I was going to at first, but I want to hold off till we know if they're fully operating or not. If things aren't operating normally it might not be worth it, so for now I have it split up with 3 days at Disney, 4 at Universal, 3 in Orlando/the surrounding area, and 6 nights at HHN. I've also narrowed down dining ideas, but haven't reserved anything yet.

The schedule would look like this:

Thurs-Universal/HHN
    Fri-Universal/HHN
    Sat-Top Golf & shopping/HHN
    Sun-Mini golf & waterpark/HHN
    Mon-Ak or Epcot/MK
    Tues-DS/MNSSHP
    Wed-HS/Epcot
    Thurs-Tampa/St Pete's or Sarasota/HHN
    Fri-Universal/HHN
    Sat-Leaving (Our flight back is early).

I also think we may change from just staying at RPR to doing RPR Thurs-Mon, then a Disney/Disney area hotel till Thurs so that we can book FP's in advance (looking at Pop Century, CSR, or the Waldorf), then Aventura for the final few days at HHN.

Disney dining ideas: F&W, Tony's, Boma, Homecomin, Three Bridges, Grand Floridian Cafe, Wolfgang Puck's, Brown Derby, Space 220, Raglan Road, & Shula's

Snack ideas: Enchanted Rose, Beaches and Cream, Nomad Lounge, Daily Poutine, & Chicken Guy

Universal dining ideas: Toothsome, Cowfish, Mythos, Bice, Confisco Grille, Islands, Antojitos, & Margaritaville

Snack ideas: Bula Bar nachos, Green Eggs and Ham, Today Cafe, Strongwater Tavern, & Voodoo Doughnut

Orlando/Tampa dining ideas: Bull & Bear, Another Broken Egg, Toasted, Tampa Armature, Top Golf & Cocktails & Screams

December Trip

I haven't really done any planning for December yet besides booking the hotels. Flights are supposed to open next week for December so I'll be looking at those then, but I'm not 100% decided on if I'll buy then. We have a lot of flight credits (especially if we cancel Chicago too) so it would almost all be covered, but I think those credits have also been extended through next year if we don't end up using them. And I'm a little hesitant to put any more money into the vacation (especially if it's nonrefundable) before we know more.

California seems to be one of the states that has been pretty strict about the restrictions, and recently an article mentioned sports/concerts/mass gatherings being potentially delayed till 2021 there. That didn't specifically mention Disney, but made me think they might open up slower than WDW. Disneyland was only a small part of that trip, but the restrictions are obviously in LA as well. That's another trip that I've also been wondering if it would be better to do next year even though I want to do it this year. December seems like it would be safe and is far enough away that I think I'll just wait though, but it makes it hard to plan in advance.

More Quarantine Pictures

Another walk we took a little before sunset:

My new Goosebumps shirt:

Cookies & nachos:

Easter:

(Yes, my dad gave us toilet paper :rotfl:).

Butter bunny:

Last edited:

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
    How’d I miss this update this morning???

I‘m glad you got a refund from TM......I read that folks in the UK were still getting refunds but USA folks weren’t......seems unfair to refund one country and not another.....but good news.

Some nice plans for September and some lovely food choices too.....we keep planning to go to the Bull & Bear.....looks amazing from pics friends have showed us. And you’ll work your hotel choices out too.......it’s nice to have options.

Im sure your Chicago trip will happen when it’s supposed to.....it’s a place I’ve never thought to go as I just see “cold” whenever I think of it......lol.....

Nice pictures too......lovely gifts and the most precious of all.....yes, toilet paper......:rotfl:

Nice Goosebump top too.......yep, your trips are all coming together......:thumbsup2

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
    Great update. It's great that you have some trips to dream about. I so hope it all gets to happen for you. Who knows what will happen with California. I hope you can find a way to get to Chicago too, what a fun place.

Sat-Top Golf & shopping/HHN
    I love Top Golf!! I can't remember, have you been to one before? When my son was in school in SLC there was one and we went a lot. Very fun.

DisneyLifePapioNe

DIS Veteran
    Looks like you have got some awesome plans!!!

I believe we’ll miss you guys we don’t check in until September 20th, otherwise it’d be fun to say hello!!!

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I‘m glad you got a refund from TM......I read that folks in the UK were still getting refunds but USA folks weren’t......seems unfair to refund one country and not another.....but good news.
    I really think I only got it because I was in contact with the venue and mentioned that in the chat. I was putting off having to contact them because they were so busy for awhile I couldn't get through, but one day I read they were no longer offering refunds for postponed shows so I quickly got on the chat and spoke with someone and they offered it asap. It does seem unfair, and it seems unfair not to refund postponed shows because not everyone going to a show is from the same area the show is in.

Some nice plans for September and some lovely food choices too.....we keep planning to go to the Bull & Bear.....looks amazing from pics friends have showed us. And you’ll work your hotel choices out too.......it’s nice to have options.
    Thank you! Yes I've heard really great things about Bull and Bear and it looks delicious. We usually go to Shula's which is really good, but I've heard Bull and Bear is even better. Yeah with the hotels I booked RPR a long time ago at a very good rate for the whole trip (besides the first night that I hadn't asked work about yet), because we thought we'd do the Disney hotel on the earlier trip and not need certain Fastpasses, but since we cancelled that trip we'll probably end up splitting up the hotels more.

Im sure your Chicago trip will happen when it’s supposed to.....it’s a place I’ve never thought to go as I just see “cold” whenever I think of it......lol.....
    Yeah, I'm thinking it might have to be next year now. Just a shame because flight prices are really good for this year. Lol, it is cold and snowy for a good portion of the year which is why I only wanted to go in spring/summer. We could go in December, but if it's snowing then I'd rather not. :rotfl:

Nice pictures too......lovely gifts and the most precious of all.....yes, toilet paper......:rotfl:
    Haha yes!

Nice Goosebump top too.......yep, your trips are all coming together......:thumbsup2
    Thank you!

Great update. It's great that you have some trips to dream about. I so hope it all gets to happen for you. Who knows what will happen with California. I hope you can find a way to get to Chicago too, what a fun place.
    Me too! I'm most hopeful about the HHN trip, but I'm guessing at least one of the other trips may have to wait till next year.

I love Top Golf!! I can't remember, have you been to one before? When my son was in school in SLC there was one and we went a lot. Very fun.
    No we haven't gone yet, but it looks fun! We were going to go on the trip we cancelled and I think it's been in our plans a few other times and we never made it there.

Looks like you have got some awesome plans!!!

I believe we’ll miss you guys we don’t check in until September 20th, otherwise it’d be fun to say hello!!!
    Thank you!

Aw, yeah we'll miss you by about a day, but it would've been!

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
    No we haven't gone yet, but it looks fun! We were going to go on the trip we cancelled and I think it's been in our plans a few other times and we never made it there.
    It's definitely worth checking out. One time we actually went on a cold day and they have patio heaters. And it actually started snowing quite heavily while we were golfing, it was a weird experience, but in a cool way!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
    Yes! I'm picturing they'll kind of how they did the critter puppets in Slaughter Sinema (idk if you went in 2018 but if you did do you remember those?)
    Yess! I loved that house!

We had that problem too :rotfl: Josh gets in about an hour a night before he falls asleep so we watched it much slower than I wanted to.
    Literally the same here. Especially cause Mike is working longer days now, he comes home and we et and that's about the end and then I'm awake all night lol

I think people will be a lot happier with this version since it looks like they no longer think there'll be a Billie Eilish house just that she'll provide the music for one of the other houses.
    I think this makes a lot of sense.

I think musician theming is more suited to a scare zone, but wouldn't have minded a house either.
    I would've been interested to see how they did it!

I also didn't love the idea of a Sabrina house (I've watched a lot of the show but kind of gave up on the most recent season) so I'm happy to see that gone.
    Same. I watched a lot of it but never really got into it.

But I am disappointed that they don't think Gremlins will be involved anymore unless that's the secret IP.
    Me too :( :(

We were also finally able to get a refund from Ticketmaster for the comedy show that was postponed.
    Oo good!

Disneyland was only a small part of that trip, but the restrictions are obviously in LA as well. That's another trip that I've also been wondering if it would be better to do next year even though I want to do it this year.
    I'm having the same debate about our Cali trip in September. It seems like it might just be best to put it off another year even though I'm dying to go.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Literally the same here. Especially cause Mike is working longer days now, he comes home and we et and that's about the end and then I'm awake all night lol
    Lol same!

Same. I watched a lot of it but never really got into it.
    I watched all the episodes until the newest season, but after the 1st one in the new season I didn't really feel like watching further.

I'm having the same debate about our Cali trip in September. It seems like it might just be best to put it off another year even though I'm dying to go.
    Originally, I was going to do ours next year, since we were doing 2 Florida trips, but now that we're only doing one and with the 50th and everything it would fit better this year if possible.

It would be great if you can add days at Disney in September!
    We have tickets right now that we had to move from the cancelled trip so we have at least one day that has to be used! And whenever we go next I had planned to add 1-2 days onto it.

Also, I lovedddd On Becoming a God in Central Florida!
    It was so good!

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    Yikes, I'd fallen super behind! I find that even though I have more time on my hands, getting on the boards sometimes makes me sad. I'm sorry to hear about your job, and hopefully when things get back up and running, your job will be there waiting for you. I can't imagine they'd want to lose you, even if new owners took over.

Also we have found toilet paper since my last post. :rotfl:
    Thank goodness!!!!! :laughing:

(Maybe we'll look this cool when we're done?)
    I sure hope so! What a great inspiration picture! :rotfl:

Stay well, Raeven. Our poor state has been pounded by this, even though we are lucky to not be among the hardest hit areas... it's still scary! :hug:

xlsm

Snow White
    I'm impressed you're in planning mode!! I am being very negative about everything trip related right now, and know if I started planning again I'd just be mad or cry, LOL!!

It's hard b/c the other day, July flights to San Francisco were so cheap...and now they've gone up $500. We haven't bought any tickets b/c we don't really think we'll be able to go :sad: I don't know why I am torturing myself by even looking at flights...see?? What did I say? mad and crying :rotfl:

I have a tiny sliver of hope for NYE at Disney World, but it's very tiny.

I'll just focus all of my hatred into painting!

And I saw the projected houses for HHN, and if Beetlejuice is involved I NEED to see it!!!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Yikes, I'd fallen super behind! I find that even though I have more time on my hands, getting on the boards sometimes makes me sad. I'm sorry to hear about your job, and hopefully when things get back up and running, your job will be there waiting for you. I can't imagine they'd want to lose you, even if new owners took over.
    Aw I understand. It's been harder to watch the Disney stuff I used to watch like the podcasts and read the news because no one really knows anything, and it just kind of makes me sad that everything's closed. Thank you, so far everyone seems to think so it's just something I'm nervous about but they've been pretty bad about communicating after the first week so I don't really know anything. (But then again my work has never been the greatest with communication via technology :rotfl: ). I also do think the sale never went through to new owners so I guess that'll be one less thing to worry about when they do open.

I sure hope so! What a great inspiration picture! :rotfl:
    It should be here by next week!

Stay well, Raeven. Our poor state has been pounded by this, even though we are lucky to not be among the hardest hit areas... it's still scary! :hug:
    Thank you, you too! It is!

I'm impressed you're in planning mode!! I am being very negative about everything trip related right now, and know if I started planning again I'd just be mad or cry, LOL!!
    Haha, I have bursts of it. But I still haven't really booked anything besides hotels. I'm getting to the point where I'm unsure what's going to happen to most the trips and I'm kind of thinking preemptively I should cancel Chicago. I want to keep the HHN trip till the last minute, but I'm not sure what Disney will look like then so I probably won't add days to the ticket yet, and we're discussing if we can travel but if theme parks are heavily restricted is there somewhere else we want to look at. I also don't want to plan anything for Dec until we know more about my job though.

It's hard b/c the other day, July flights to San Francisco were so cheap...and now they've gone up $500. We haven't bought any tickets b/c we don't really think we'll be able to go :sad: I don't know why I am torturing myself by even looking at flights...see?? What did I say? mad and crying :rotfl:
    Flights being so cheap but being unable to travel is the worst! Our Chicago ones are cheaper than they ever are, and I'm almost 100% we won't be going. (Also between this and the Boeing plane things all the Southwest flights end up getting moved around after you book them too). And if we do get to go, but have to move it things will probably be expensive again then.

I have a tiny sliver of hope for NYE at Disney World, but it's very tiny.
    I'm hopeful things will be operating by then, but not super hopeful about big celebrations like NYE so I understand.

I'll just focus all of my hatred into painting!
    Stop making you paint, you! :rotfl:

And I saw the projected houses for HHN, and if Beetlejuice is involved I NEED to see it!!!
    I've wanted a Beetlejuice house forever!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS