Delete Thread

Looks like you have a great trip planned. Stinks about the flight....

Redondo Beach is one of my favorite places. I always go there whenever we go to California, it just speaks to me more than Malibu, Newport, Venice etc. Love the vibe there.

HI Raeven!! Excited to read another one of your trip reports. I've been off the boards for quite a bit (had a baby, so didn't have any trips last year) but, I'm looking forward to following along again! We will also be down for HHN the second week in September for a quick long weekend (17th-20th).

Because I already looked at hotel prices, and they seemed cheaper than usual, I booked RPR for our whole trip. (Probably because I looked like a year in advance :rotfl: ). If we add on a night I'm thinking of just adding it on at Aventura. We'll have some Disney days in there too, but I'm not sure when/how many, and if it would be worth it to book at a Disney hotel during that time so I'm just keeping the reservation at RPR for now. We can obviously go back and forth, and if it's only 2-3 days that might work out fine.
Did you check back for APH rates? I was just able to get Endless Summer Dockside with an APH discount for September.

Bull & Bear
The food there looks phenomenal! I definitely want to try and get there in the near future.

Glad to see you back Raeven!!! And some nice changes in there...

Chicago is somewhere I’d never think to visit (cold) :rotfl:but sounds like there is an awful lot to see.......and can recommend Confisco new menu!! Like it an awful lot......I do like the sound of your plans.....

And best wishes to your dad! Glad to hear he’ll be in a boot soon and be more mobile. He’ll have been so glad for all the help you’ve given him I’m sure.......:thumbsup2

My dad also broke & dislocated his ankle on the ice so I've been over there more after his surgery. But he's maneuvering himself around the best he can, and the cast comes off this week! (And the boot goes on, but he'll be a little more mobile).

Yikes sorry to hear that! Hope he has a quick and easy recovery!

I'd like to try the Halloween themed bar, Cocktails and Screams, in downtown Orlando.

That's on my list too.

I'm also thinking maybe we'll rent a car and do Tampa/St Pete's for a day.

Oo that sounds nice. A friend of mine goes to St Pete's once a year and it looks beautiful.

Fri-Sun-Chicago
Mon/Tues-WDW
Wed-Universal
Thurs-Universal or Tampa/St Pete's
Fri-Seaworld/Comedy show
Sat-Disney Springs or Universal

Looks like a great trip! I can't wait to hear about Chicago. It's on my list to go one day too.

My dad also broke & dislocated his ankle on the ice so I've been over there more after his surgery. But he's maneuvering himself around the best he can, and the cast comes off this week! (And the boot goes on, but he'll be a little more mobile).
Oh no :guilty: I'm glad that he'll be out of his cast soon! Hope his recovery is fast :goodvibes

So as I was saying, we changed everything for our April trip, even the week!
:scared1::rotfl:

I've also been very tempted to try a place people think is bad like Tony's and see just how bad it is :rotfl:
Yes! I love this idea. And maybe you'll be super surprised and start off a new trend of everyone rushing for that used-to-be-bad restaurant :laughing::thumbsup2 Anxious to hear more about your Chicago portion as it approaches... I have only been once - and it was a work trip, so a limited amount of time to explore - but I loved Chicago so much and I'd love to get back someday ::yes::

Eeeeeee right around the corner for HHN!! We just narrowed down our dates this past week and DH talked to his boss and got the all clear.

I did some serious digging on doing a short weekend next month, just to do a day at SW for their food festival and the concert that night, and the other time at Uni bc of our APs, but I couldn't handle the flights being last minute-ish for prime spring break time. I'm glad you were able to switch your PTO to the better week! And your Chicago ideas sound fun! I want to plan a trip to Chicago now!

Hope your dad's recovery goes well!!

Your plan change sounds great!
Glad your dad is on the mend!

Chicago is not too far from me (Milwaukee area)...have a blast!!

We went to Top Golf in Las Vegas and had an awesome time!! Hopefully the Orlando location is fun too!

Following along!
We are Supernatural fans as well, and that weekend has been our usual HHN weekend for past couple years. But my usual travel companion-my middle DD-starts college this fall and I don't know what dates will work for her yet!! It has been our annual Mom/daughter trip for her bday. But DH is tired of hearing about Food& Wine and HHN so he got Uni and Disney Ap's in January and I'm thinking he might want to go too, or a different long weekend.

Love Chicago! Have been several times, favorite deep dish pizza is Lou Malnetti's though. Beats pants off Giordano and Gino's East (although thin crust is good at Gino's). If not too cold/windy-consider an architectural boat tour-we did one with a bar (of course) and it was so interesting and fun. We did it in July an hour before sunset, and the setting sun off the buildings is gorgeous from the river.

Hope the parental unit's bones are healing speedily!

Glad to see you back Raeven!!! And some nice changes in there...

Glad to be back! :wave2:

Chicago is somewhere I’d never think to visit (cold) :rotfl:but sounds like there is an awful lot to see.......and can recommend Confisco new menu!! Like it an awful lot......I do like the sound of your plans.....

Haha, we're hoping it's warmed up a little when we go. There is A LOT to do there! I'm very curious to try Confisco it looks good.

And best wishes to your dad! Glad to hear he’ll be in a boot soon and be more mobile.

Thank you!

Yikes sorry to hear that! Hope he has a quick and easy recovery!

Aw thank you!

That's on my list too.

Ooo yay, it looks amazing! I've looked at Joysticks before and it seemed cool, but the Halloween theme works even better for me.

Oo that sounds nice. A friend of mine goes to St Pete's once a year and it looks beautiful.

Yeah if we do get away from Orlando that's where we'll go, I've heard the beaches are very pretty.

Looks like a great trip! I can't wait to hear about Chicago. It's on my list to go one day too.

It's really fun there! We didn't get to a ton of places the last time I went, but Shedd Aquarium was my favorite.

Oh no :guilty: I'm glad that he'll be out of his cast soon! Hope his recovery is fast :goodvibes

Thank you! It's been progressing along, but not fast enough for his liking :rotfl:

Yes! I love this idea. And maybe you'll be super surprised and start off a new trend of everyone rushing for that used-to-be-bad restaurant :laughing::thumbsup2 Anxious to hear more about your Chicago portion as it approaches... I have only been once - and it was a work trip, so a limited amount of time to explore - but I loved Chicago so much and I'd love to get back someday ::yes::

I just think it's such a fun idea for reviews :rotfl: especially because I don't think anything at Disney would be crazy bad. That's how I felt about Chicago too! I can't wait to see how many things we get to over the weekend we're there.

My SIL lives in Chicago and we love visiting. So many things to do and great places to eat. Staying on mag mile will be great for walking everywhere . Hugo’s Frog bar is a of favorite ours but on the pricey side . My SIL recommends Eataly. Original Pancake house for breakfast - yum . There are so many places hard to narrow it down

I am in St Pete right now . We stay downtown and there are so many amazing local restaurants. Beautiful here . It doesn’t look like you are there on a Friday but the first Friday of every month they block some of the streets and have bands playing . Fun ! I have only gone to the aquarium in Tampa so don’t know much about there. ( I can’t recommend the aquarium as I thought it was small but I live in Atlanta where there is an amazing one ) I haven’t been to Busch Gardens since I was little but on my to do list.

looks like some good changes and you will have a great vacation .

I'd like to ride the new Runaway Railway ride, but I think getting a FP for that is a long shot.

Sorry to say but yeah...probably a long shot. I keep checking back to see if anything opened up on our trip but no go. Also I'm hearing it's not a good one to even try to Rope Drop because it's so close to the entrance of HS. Sadly for me anyway this one may have to wait until I can actually stay at a Disney resort and have a shot at an FP for it...sigh...

Love your trip plans...Chicago is such a fun city, love it there. There are so many great restaurants - I love the ones that have a river view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts