A 2021 PTR: HHN30 & More Updated 9/23 Denver Mini TR Pt 1 Travel Day

DisneyLifePapioNe

DIS Veteran
Quarantine Update Vol 5 & Baking a Rainbow Layer Cake Vlog

I don't currently have any planning updates, but I'll try to get another post up this week about our trips. I just wanted to share that I finally finished the vlog from when we were baking the cake!
Cool vid!!!

Almost needed a drum roll for the cake cutting!!

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    HHN Trip-15 weeks
    Disney/Miami Trip-27 weeks?

A few weeks ago my work told us that as we start entering a phase where we can open our managers will call us to come back to work, but so far I still haven't heard anything. Right now, I know they're operating on an appointment only basis with only like 2 managers working though so I'm not sure if I'll hear from them right when phase 2 starts or if it'll be more gradual. (There's also been some debate in our state about when phases start as originally they were supposed to each be 2 weeks, but I've heard they now believe there should be an evaluation period in between). So I still haven't heard anything, but I could by Wed when we enter phase 2.

Since I last updated we finally got to do the tie dye! (Though I'm not sure how great it came out :rotfl: ). I've been enjoying a free trial of Lifetime Movie Club :laughing:, and since we can now gather in groups of 10 or less we had a small family BBQ last weekend. I also ordered my new phone finally (I can't wait for the camera on it), but Verizon accidentally sent out an empty box.

The lady on the phone seemed just as confused as I did, but they think it was because I tried to change the address it was going to. (I wanted it to go to my dad's so that someone would be home to sign for it). So I have to wait till next week to get it.

Also I don't think I've mentioned my dad's ankle in awhile, but unfortunately while it was healing it got infected. (I think it had to do with the screws rubbing against the skin and preventing it from fully healing). Due to what's been going on they wouldn't check it at an in person visit (it was earlier in the quarantine then) and they just prescribed antibiotics so it got a lot worse before it got better. They ended up having to do a second surgery on it, and decided to take out all the hardware. They also found MRSA in it, and finally put him on the correct antibiotics for that. That was less than a week ago, and I guess it was a much easier surgery. I think the wound itself is still healing, but he's been walking on it without crutches and they said it should be completely healed in about a month.

Trip Planning

Since last posting I haven't done a ton of trip planning, but I've made a little more progress since we now know when some things will be opening.

:cheer2:

September Trip

I finally made some ADR's for this trip, but now Disney is cancelling them. :rotfl:

I'm happy to hear Universal is opening soon, and while we're still waiting to hear about HHN and HHN tickets. I'm taking it as a good sign they're opening up about 3 months before the event, and by things that have been said it sounds like they still plan on proceeding. With the news about Disney re-opening in July, and how limited things will be (I'm guessing for awhile); I've decided to take the Disney portion out of this trip since it was only 3 days anyway. As a replacement we may finally go to Volcano Bay, and maybe go back to Seaworld again.

9/10-Universal/HHN opening night
    9/11-Universal/HHN
    9/12-Top Golf & outlet shopping/HHN
    9/13-Disney Springs/HHN
    9/14-Seaworld or Busch Gardens (not sure about this because we'd have to rent a car twice if we did Busch)
    9/15-Volcano Bay
    9/16-Tampa/St Pete's
    9/17-Universal/HHN
    9/18-Disney Springs & mini golf/HHN
    9/19-Leave in the morning

Potential dining choices right now are: Today Cafe, Toothsome, Cowfish, Islands, Confisco Grille, Bice, Mythos, Margaritaville, Anjoitos, Amatista Cookhouse/Strongwater Tavern, Fresh Kitchen (Orlando), Bartaco (Orlando), Beatrix (if it opens in DS), Homecomin (DS), Another Broken Egg (Winter Park), Toasted (Winter Park), Cocktails and Screams (Orlando), Bull and Bear (Orlando), SoFresh Tampa (Tampa), Cider Press Cafe (Tampa)

December Trip

Flights finally opened for this time period, and since we had a lot of credits from the cancelled trips I used those to book them so it doesn't really matter if we have to cancel them again. We booked to fly into Orlando on 12/4 and out of Ft Lauderdale on 12/12. (Southwest doesn't fly into and out of Miami so Ft Lauderdale is closest).

That trip would look like this:

12/4-Fly in
    (the only direct flight was late at like 5 pm so we probably won't do anything this night).
    12/5-HS or Universal
    (I figure we could use our 1 day Disney ticket here, but it depends which one we want to do).
    12/6-Ds/MVCMP
    (I'm not sure about this yet, and we haven't bought tickets, but if I had to choose a Christmas activity in Orlando to do this would be my pick).
    12/7-Sarasota
    12/8-12/11-Miami
    12/12-Flying home around 10am

I booked the Loews Miami for the days we'll be in Miami, but haven't booked a hotel for Orlando or Sarasota yet since I'm not sure what the plan is. I also kind of looked at Miami attractions when we almost went there for a few days on our cancelled trip, and I know we want to go to the Miami Zoo, but I have to look into some other things to do.

More Quarantine Pictures

A strawberry banana smoothie I made:

IMG_4886.JPG

Tie dying:

IMG_5327.JPG

The results:

IMG_5347.JPG

IMG_5348.JPG

IMG_5349.JPG
    (My dad asked us to do one of his work hoodies and because it was a thick material, and wasn't white I don't think it took the dye very well).

IMG_5350.JPG

And here's a picture of when my nails matched my shirt :rotfl:

IMG_5474.JPG

• schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
    You`ve been busy Raeven......what bad luck with the phone!!! What are the chances of an empty box!

Hope you hear about your job soon, it`s been such a long time for you now. And your poor dad!!! Must have been hard to see for you, but glad he`s on the mend now and should be healed soon. Fingers crossed.

You have some nice plans for the trips.....I`ve only seen a friends pictures of Loews Miami and it looks gorgeous!!!!

Some nice pictures.....and you`ve been quite productive with the tees.....they are so nice.

Like the look of the smoothie too.......

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
    I booked the Loews Miami for the days we'll be in Miami,
    I LOVE that hotel. The best location and such a lovely place.

Great plans...makes me hungry looking at your list of restaurants. Looking forward to seeing the reviews!! One of the things I was most sad about our shortened trip in March was missing our Homecomin' reservation because I really want to try that place :(. I think there is one in Miami BTW - you probably know that, but just in case you don't have time for it in Orlando.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Lots of food choices!
    How are you ever going to be able to decide..
    Well we have 10 days so I think we should be able to get to most of them!

Shirts are cooooool!!!!!
    Cool nails!!!
    Thank you!

You`ve been busy Raeven......what bad luck with the phone!!! What are the chances of an empty box!
    I don't know what happened with that :rotfl: they said that rarely happens, but I guess when I called to change the address they tried to cancel, but then they told me it shipped out but what they really shipped was an empty box. It was very strange.

Hope you hear about your job soon, it`s been such a long time for you now. And your poor dad!!! Must have been hard to see for you, but glad he`s on the mend now and should be healed soon. Fingers crossed.
    We just heard this morning that they will be calling us back in stages as soon as we go into phase 2 which they believe will be next week.

He's been up and about for awhile (even though he wasn't supposed to be yet :rotfl:), but I'm glad he's doing better now.

You have some nice plans for the trips.....I`ve only seen a friends pictures of Loews Miami and it looks gorgeous!!!!
    It does! I've never been to Miami, but I love Loews hotels and I've always wanted to stay there.

Some nice pictures.....and you`ve been quite productive with the tees.....they are so nice.
    Thank you! My dad's been tie dying with the kit after we made those :laughing:

I LOVE that hotel. The best location and such a lovely place.
    Ooo good to hear. I liked the look of it and it had good reviews, but it's good to hear other people enjoyed it too because I've never been to Miami.

Great plans...makes me hungry looking at your list of restaurants. Looking forward to seeing the reviews!! One of the things I was most sad about our shortened trip in March was missing our Homecomin' reservation because I really want to try that place :(. I think there is one in Miami BTW - you probably know that, but just in case you don't have time for it in Orlando.
    I can't wait till I can write some reviews on here again! I miss it. Whenever we can get back to DS, I do plan to try to get to Homecomin, but it's good to know there's another one I'll look into that!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
    Finally caught up.

I love the cake you guys made- it looks very complicated but it looks great!

I'm hopeful Universal has a good plan in place that HHN can still happen and fingers crossed that I can still go this year!

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I love the cake you guys made- it looks very complicated but it looks great!
    Thank you! It wasn't as complicated as we thought, it just took awhile with the layers.

I'm hopeful Universal has a good plan in place that HHN can still happen and fingers crossed that I can still go this year!
    I'm pretty sure they still do. I think it might be a little different, but not as bad as a lot of people are saying. We still plan to go as long as it's on.

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    An empty box?! :faint: Maybe it was someone's first day back after quarantine :laughing:

So glad to hear your dad is improving! :goodvibes

Your plans look great, as does your tie-dye! :thumbsup2 Love how many times you're going to HHN!

vrajewski10513

DIS Veteran
    I also ordered my new phone finally (I can't wait for the camera on it), but Verizon accidentally sent out an empty box.

The lady on the phone seemed just as confused as I did, but they think it was because I tried to change the address it was going to. (I wanted it to go to my dad's so that someone would be home to sign for it). So I have to wait till next week to get it.
    Do you need to send your current phone back to them? The last time I ordered a new phone from verizon they sent me an empty box to send back my current phone (I traded it in before it was completely paid off) once I received my new one.

Also I don't think I've mentioned my dad's ankle in awhile, but unfortunately while it was healing it got infected. (I think it had to do with the screws rubbing against the skin and preventing it from fully healing). Due to what's been going on they wouldn't check it at an in person visit (it was earlier in the quarantine then) and they just prescribed antibiotics so it got a lot worse before it got better. They ended up having to do a second surgery on it, and decided to take out all the hardware. They also found MRSA in it, and finally put him on the correct antibiotics for that. That was less than a week ago, and I guess it was a much easier surgery. I think the wound itself is still healing, but he's been walking on it without crutches and they said it should be completely healed in about a month.
    Wow, thats rough! I'm glad to hear he is finally on the mend!

I'm happy to hear Universal is opening soon, and while we're still waiting to hear about HHN and HHN tickets. I'm taking it as a good sign they're opening up about 3 months before the event, and by things that have been said it sounds like they still plan on proceeding.
    I'm going back and forth with myself on whether or not to get the BOGO deal... we were planning on doing 3 nights, but i'm worried they might not have the option of multi-night tickets this year. I don't want to end up missing out on the BOGO deal and not be able to get RoF.

As a replacement we may finally go to Volcano Bay
    We love Volcano Bay!!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    An empty box?! :faint: Maybe it was someone's first day back after quarantine :laughing:
    We think what happened is they cancelled the order and took the item out when I wanted to change the address, but then whoever packages them or something the next day didn't realize and because a label had been created they just shipped out a box? Or maybe it's that :rotfl:

So glad to hear your dad is improving! :goodvibes
    Thank you!

Your plans look great, as does your tie-dye! :thumbsup2 Love how many times you're going to HHN!
    Thanks! I'm really hopeful we can go that many times like last year. I'm just waiting for the multi day tickets to go onsale.

Do you need to send your current phone back to them? The last time I ordered a new phone from verizon they sent me an empty box to send back my current phone (I traded it in before it was completely paid off) once I received my new one.
    Yes. But it was supposed to come with the order and there was some confusion with an address change. They told me to throw that box out and they'd send me new trade in stuff, and now I can't get through to that page on the website to get it.

I'm going back and forth with myself on whether or not to get the BOGO deal... we were planning on doing 3 nights, but i'm worried they might not have the option of multi-night tickets this year. I don't want to end up missing out on the BOGO deal and not be able to get RoF.
    I'm waiting to see the multi day tickets, it would be really expensive to do as many nights as we want with individual tickets. If it comes to that I guess we'll have to change our plans, but yesterday I thought I saw someone say multi night tickets were onsale for the UK (I could be wrong though) but that made me feel better.

We love Volcano Bay!!
    I've always wanted to check it out, but we aren't big water parks people.

vrajewski10513

DIS Veteran
    If it comes to that I guess we'll have to change our plans, but yesterday I thought I saw someone say multi night tickets were onsale for the UK (I could be wrong though) but that made me feel better.
    Yeah I believe they released the FF and FF+ to the UK already.

Monykalyn

DIS Veteran
    Shirts came out great!
    Your poor dad! Ugh that is the problem with the push to telehealth-some things just really really need in person visits. Glad he is now on the mend!

Hope HHN is good to go. I still have my reservations, not planning on cancelling unless the mask situation is unbearable-will find out in a few days: we had extra weeks from our timeshare so we traded into an Orlando resort for 2 weeks, with Florida going into phase 2 today, and the resort pools are open. And now that Universal is open DH wants to go...we have cloth and the blue paper masks so will be testing them out.

Nice to be trip planning again! The only time I've been in Miami was when we drove down from Universal for our cruise. Looks like a neat city.
    PS I found your youtube channel! It is great!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Shirts came out great!
    Thank you!

Your poor dad! Ugh that is the problem with the push to telehealth-some things just really really need in person visits. Glad he is now on the mend!
    I know! I'm happy he's able to move around more now although he was a bit stubborn and has still be walking around even when he wasn't supposed to :rotfl:

Hope HHN is good to go. I still have my reservations, not planning on cancelling unless the mask situation is unbearable-will find out in a few days: we had extra weeks from our timeshare so we traded into an Orlando resort for 2 weeks, with Florida going into phase 2 today, and the resort pools are open. And now that Universal is open DH wants to go...we have cloth and the blue paper masks so will be testing them out.
    Me too! I'm not planning on cancelling unless the event is cancelled. We'll make the masks work for HHN if we have to. I just started back at work, and have to wear one all day anyway. It's not as hot obviously, but it was pretty warm, and it wasn't as much trouble as I thought to keep it on all day. For the foreseeable future I'll be wearing one for 8+ hours most days so I think I may get used to them. I'm trying out different ones too. The one I wore today I got off Etsy and it was pretty light. My problem is a lot of masks are big on my face (like not fitted to the chin), but when I shrink them in the wash then they fit too tightly to my nose/mouth. I haven't worn one of the blue paper ones yet, but I think those are the ones they gave out at my work.

Nice to be trip planning again! The only time I've been in Miami was when we drove down from Universal for our cruise. Looks like a neat city
    It is! Now that I've officially got my job back I feel better about planning, and as long as travel has resumed (which is looks like it's going back to normal in FL) we'll be going on our planned trips.

PS I found your youtube channel! It is great!
    Aw thank you!

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    HHN Trip-12.5 weeks
    Disney/Miami Trip-24.5 weeks

So we're in phase 2 now! (Well phase 3 by Wed). I've been back to work for about a week and a half now which is why I haven't been on here much. My first week I had to work 7 days straight, first at a different location than I normally work in, and then to prep our store to get ready; and now I'm back at my store and finally had a few days off. I found out I was going back about 2-3 days after my last post. I'm both happy things are going back to normal, and missing having so much free time :rotfl: But I do feel a lot better planning vacations knowing things are opening up, and I'm back to work.

Trip Planning

I haven't really changed any plans or made any new ones since last time, but I have been starting an itinerary for Sep by whittling down the food places I'd picked out. I also did some research on places in Miami we wanted to go and eat for Dec. Both trips look like they're going to go ahead, and I've found all the reports about Universal quite encouraging. This time of year HHN tickets are usually on sale, and I'm curious when we'll start to hear some announcements. (I'm thinking it'll probably be in the next few weeks). There isn't much more to plan until the tickets come out, but I'll keep you updated!

I also got my new phone! The camera is great & I can't wait to take pictures on vacation with it.

But for now here's some non vacation photos :lmao:

Back to work:

Wearing a mask for 8 hours a day isn't my favorite thing but hasn't been completely horrible. I've been trying out a lot of different ones, so if we have to wear them for vacation at least I'll be prepared and know which ones are most comfortable.

An acai bowl I got from a local place:

We were going to go hiking at Thatcher Park, but the trails were still closed sadly so we just walked around the part that was open.

Also I may have ordered my first HHN shirt if Beetlejuice is one of the houses :laughing:

I also got Friday the 13th overalls. I couldn't resist :rotfl:

PlutosRHM55

Currently: No HHN Depression
    Glad to hear things are back on the table for you! I know I have my ear to the ground on everything with HHN. Virtual auditions/applications for TMs are happening as we speak so hopefully that means we are just gonna get an onslaught of announcements soon. I'm also just hoping that second wave doesn't come through and everything shuts down again because if it does... I know the likelihood is pretty much nonexistent for the parks to stay open and HHN to happen.

I love your shirt and the overalls! I just watched Sleepaway Camp for the first time so I'm kinda getting into a classic Slasher mood. Good thing I have Shudder now for all my Horror fixes :thumbsup2

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS