A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

Sounds like a delicious lunch/drinks- perfect start to the trip!!
It was so good to start the trip at Bar Riva. It was amazing!

I need to get my husband to agree to stay at Destino. I was impressed with all the food options at Coronado Springs before they built the towers and the Three Bridges restaurant. But now resort is even more appealing.
I can't recommend Destino Towers enough. It's definitely in my top 5 resorts to stay at!

We were looking at GDT for our trip in January (that or just completely losing our minds and staying at the Four Seasons :joker:) I will now be reading all of your further trip reports for GDT details!
We absolutely LOVED Destino Towers. It had the deluxe feel at moderate prices and our view was phenomenal. We felt very comfortable there and can't wait to book it again.

Epcot, Food and Wine, and Dinner at Le Cellier...

Joe and I took the Skyliner over to Epcot. Yep, I still don't like it, but it is super fast and convenient, so I guess I just have to deal with it (but I can still be scared and complain). LOL! Anyway, the new norm when you enter the parks is to have your temperature taken. You must be below 100.4 to enter. Oh, and you still have to go through security. Well, Joe came it at 100 (I wonder what that was all about. He felt fine) and of course I set off the security alarms. Apparently my Kate Spade sunglass case has metal in it and made the alarms go CRAZY!!! I had to be taken off to the side and had to dump the contents of my entire Loungefly into a tub. Not only that, but I had to open my wallet and explain what my sunglass case was exactly. HUH???? Anyway, after all that, we were permitted to scan our Magic Bands and FINALLY enter our first park since the big COVID closure. And, let me tell you...IT FELT SOOOOOO GOOD TO BE BACK!!!! Side note, the day before we got to Epcot, a lady was arrested for bringing a bag of pot and 2 semi-automatic weapons with her in her diaper bag to Epcot, so I totally understand why my bag got flagged.

First things first, we were in need of a snack or 2, so we made our way into our first booth of Food and Wine. It's the big tent that houses 4-5 different food booths (I can't remember what it's called). We started with a charcuterie plate and a frozen apple pie drink from the Apple Orchard. Then, Joe got a chocolate, nitro dipped, M&M cake pop. This thing was huge and Joe loved it. Me, not so much, because I'm not a big chocolate fan. But, I did enjoy the cheese and meats and the frozen apple pie drink was to die for. It was also very refreshing and hit the spot.

Then we hit up (in no particular order) Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Figment, and Nemo, all walk-ons. After Nemo, Joe was in need of some water, so we stopped at one of the ice cream carts, where Jorge gave me a free Mickey Premium Bar because it was my birthday. How's that for a little bit of pixie dust right off the bat?!?! It wouldn't be the only time either...

Not long after we shoved our faces with ice cream then it was time to head over to the Canada Pavillion for dinner. We had reservations at Le Cellier. We did our first mobile check-in (super easy) and soon after received our table ready text. Let me say, I absolutely LOVE how there's space between the tables at Disney table service restaurants and you can actually hear yourself think now. I hope this is one COVID change Disney keeps in place.

Joe started with an Old Fashion and I had a Coke. It was just so hot that I didn't want any alcohol. I know, right!!! Jen without a cocktail at dinner...What gives? Anyway, Joe thought his drink was just ok and I thought my Coke hit the spot. The bread service was delicious, and I had a shrimp cocktail with a wedge salad for my meal. Joe had a bowl of the beer cheese soup and he went for the filet as his entree. I just wasn't feeling anything heavy but Joe had no problems with ordering and consuming such a big meal. Everything we ate was very good but our service here was a little slow. It felt like our server was a tad bit distracted. But, she was SUPER sweet and presented me with a complimentary chocolate mouse, mouse to celebrate my birthday. Again, Joe loved this, because it was chocolate. I did not but totally appreciated the gesture. Plus, it was a very cute dessert (unfortunately the pic of that and my shrimp are sideways for some reason).

After dinner, Joe and I were officially beat. We hopped back on the Skyliner to the Riviera Resort, took a quick swim in the pool, a dip in the hot tub, showered, and called it a night. We were exhausted from being up at 2 am for our early morning flight.

Up next, we pack up and head over to our stay for our last, 3 nights...

F12866B1-CED4-4AD3-B555-D87C04BA18AF.jpegDA90C055-78DE-46AD-B26A-07F2882D235D.jpeg1EF26F71-EE0B-49A9-A31E-9E3AB0F5CE8D.jpeg78DE0827-A369-4F1C-8F7B-EC18F12FFF89.jpeg87E9590F-2D93-4607-BA9D-A6D26514DD29.jpegBF882218-79BE-4148-B8B3-C9C3E297A650.jpeg2F0B2656-A8E0-4824-9A3F-467A77733694.jpeg57BC6511-41C3-497F-8E82-481C20F8FBBB.jpeg5DCE3F3C-73B0-4E29-9194-C2BE00D47F38.jpegA59C0E85-FF90-4A83-90B6-0901EFD70E3C.jpeg

Whew, that was a long day. I think you did really well for getting up so early and you got a lot done.

I can't eat a lot when it's hot either. But I do love chocolate so I could hang with Joe on all the Chocolate treats.

Whew, that was a long day. I think you did really well for getting up so early and you got a lot done.
We were so exhausted but we slept really well. The beds at the Riviera were very comfortable BUT you can't set the thermostat below 68 and I like it extremely cold in my room when I'm on vacation, so that was a bit of a bummer.

I can't eat a lot when it's hot either. But I do love chocolate so I could hang with Joe on all the Chocolate treats.
It was soooooo hot. Joe did enjoy his chocolate this trip. LOL!

Yummmmmm!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait for F&W. Appleseed Orchard is lowkey my favorite - their caramel apple popcorn is heaven and I am a big fan of hard ciders, they had one last year that was so awesome, the perfect way to kick off our drinking around world showcase before a hurricane hit :rolleyes1

ETA: Should I do a TR for our surprise-wasn't-meant-to-be-a-honeymoon-but-now-it-is trip in Sept? :scratchin

Sounds like a great time at Epcot...sigh. Miss it. We didn't get to spend much time there in March before you know, Armaggeddon lol. The food all looked delish...I love that they put onion straws on the wedge salad...I love those lol

ETA: Should I do a TR for our surprise-wasn't-meant-to-be-a-honeymoon-but-now-it-is trip in Sept? :scratchin
Absolutely!! Congrats!

Sounds like a great time at Epcot...sigh. Miss it. We didn't get to spend much time there in March before you know, Armaggeddon lol. The food all looked delish...I love that they put onion straws on the wedge salad...I love those lol
It was so good. I really enjoyed that extra crunch.

Especially since you're there during the HEAT of summer.
OMG! It was really hot, lol!

The salads at Riviera look really delicious 😋
How nice to get a few “extra” treats for your Birthday 🍰
The big chocolate lollipop looks so yummy! I love chocolate 🍫
It looks like a great start to your Birthday trip even though it was a long day.
The masks Just seem so weird to see at Disney, I totally agree with you about wearing them in the heat!

The salads at Riviera look really delicious 😋
How nice to get a few “extra” treats for your Birthday 🍰
The big chocolate lollipop looks so yummy! I love chocolate 🍫
It looks like a great start to your Birthday trip even though it was a long day.
The masks Just seem so weird to see at Disney, I totally agree with you about wearing them in the heat!
Hi Caroline!
It was honestly a great first day.
Yep, the masks suck in the Florida heat. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. They are just gross, they smell and they constantly made me sweat between my lip and nose. LOL!

So glad you are enjoying your trip! And love the videos which really make your personalities shine!

I was curious about the room type you had at the Riviera Resort. You mentioned during the tour of the room that you had one type of room but changed to the room you ended up with. What were the categories of the rooms called between your original choice and your curren room? We were contemplating a tower studio, a deluxe studio with standard view and a deluxe studio preferred view (which I think is what you stayed in). We aren't DVC owners but paying cash and I tend to agree that Gran Destino looks just as nice at less price. We haven't visited WDW in 10 years and only have stayed at BWV so thinking of venturing to a different resort when we do decide to return (probably 2021).

Now back to watching your Lunch at Bar Riva videa :)

OK the salad isn't my thing but that's ok, because not everyone likes salad But.............what is this??????

Me, not so much, because I'm not a big chocolate fan.
:scared1: I don't think I realized this and now I need to rethink our friendship :rotfl: I mean we end up eating more meals together than snacks but still! I guess I just assume everyone likes chocolate since I LOVE it and-
But I do love chocolate so I could hang with Joe on all the Chocolate treats.
I love chocolate
See? Normal people love it :snooty: :sunny:

The chocolate mousse desert is adorable! It's been years and years since we ate at Le Cellier so we have to get there again on one of these trips

So glad you are enjoying your trip! And love the videos which really make your personalities shine!

:welcome:

Thank you sooooo much! We are working hard at it and really love having the YouTube channel.

I was curious about the room type you had at the Riviera Resort. You mentioned during the tour of the room that you had one type of room but changed to the room you ended up with. What were the categories of the rooms called between your original choice and your curren room? We were contemplating a tower studio, a deluxe studio with standard view and a deluxe studio preferred view (which I think is what you stayed in). We aren't DVC owners but paying cash and I tend to agree that Gran Destino looks just as nice at less price. We haven't visited WDW in 10 years and only have stayed at BWV so thinking of venturing to a different resort when we do decide to return (probably 2021).

So, originally, we had a Tower Studio booked but changed it because those rooms don't have actual beds, just sleeper sofas. So we upgraded to the Deluxe Studio/Preferred View and LOVED it. I would definitely book Destino Towers over Riviera.

OK the salad isn't my thing but that's ok, because not everyone likes salad But.............what is this??????
These salads were so good and I'm trying to figure out how to get back to the RR in September to have it again. Maybe Joe and I can Skyliner from HS or Epcot one day...
:scared1: I don't think I realized this and now I need to rethink our friendship :rotfl: I mean we end up eating more meals together than snacks but still! I guess I just assume everyone likes chocolate since I LOVE it and-
Just have never been a huge chocolate lover. I'd rather have a piece of pie or cheesecake...

See? Normal people love it :snooty: :sunny:
LOL!!!!

The chocolate mousse desert is adorable! It's been years and years since we ate at Le Cellier so we have to get there again on one of these trips
We hadn't eaten at Le Cellier for the longest time either but really enjoyed it. It was so nice not having it be so darn crowded. It was much more enjoyable.

Hi everyone! ❤
So, Joe and I added a new dimension onto our YouTube channel for anyone who may be interested...It's called Getting to Know Jen and Joe. We are hoping to post an extra vlog each week that will allow you to get to know us a little better and some of the things we enjoy in the area where we live...Don't worry, there will still be PLENTY of Disney!!!!! We just wanted to add another aspect to our channel that went beyond our current content and highlighted our personalities and some of the places we enjoy visiting outside the city of Chicago (western suburbs).

Le Cellier meal and the EPCOT treats look so tasty. Love Le Cellier but it can be crowded so I think it must be so much nicer having the tables spread out a little. Great first day and even though it was a bit of a pain I'm glad security are on top of things. What was that woman thinking of??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!