A Churro Filled Christmas Vacation

Here is a real life update first.

I have been super super busy with work and school because I am trying to line up a new job during my 4 months of school and it looks to be lining up so I will be heading to Canada's great white north..well it will be mostly brown when I arrive. I will be going pipelining so I can make some money and maybe bankroll a vacation or two. This has all led to me being super busy and not able to update this TR.

Awesome lets get to the good stuff.

After taking a look at the Star Wars land poster we were both eager for another ride. We headed to one that I thought I didn't like but this time had a much more enjoyable ride. Oh and the smell, the smell cannot be beat. I wish my house smelt like this...I think.

DTR (11 of 79).jpg

We rode mostly so I could tell my niece that we did because she is a huge pirates fan. I actually thought I didn't like this ride at all but I left super high on it. It was just what we needed. Good for once a trip I think. At this point we had still missed out on both of our's favorite ride. I remember the first time I rode this ride I was blown away. It left me speechless, just so much fun!

DTR (12 of 79).jpg

It's really hard to get pictures in Indy queue when it's moving. I try to avoid flash when I can so thank post processing for this photo. I love this queue. I dream of this queue. I ride it as many times as I reasonable can every trip.

After we made our daring escape we decided we needed a relaxing stroll down Main Street U.S.A as the the early morning travel and rest of the day in the parks had exhausted us. I remember at this point I just wanted to lay down somewhere in Tarzan's Treehouse and sleep for age.

DTR (13 of 79).jpg

This was the only photo that was usable from our journey down Main Street. I love how all the decorations look and how everything lights up at this time of night. I just is so soothing. We took our time and I believe we stopped in a couple of shops just to browse. We were both on our last legs but we agreed that there was one more stop we needed to make.

So anybody who goes to DLR, I highly recommend this place. It used to be just across the street, now it's about a block down harbour. Pizza Press. There pizza is just delightful. My mouth is watering thinking about it.

If you haven't had it, basically it is subway for pizza's. They are becoming more common these days but at this time I had never had one. Just look at this beauty.

IMG_0468.jpg

Sorry for the potato quality from my phone.

It didn't last long, I meant to take photo when we got it but the line ended up being 45 minutes and I was starving at this point.

IMG_0470.jpg

Wow that was quick. Just like this update but mostly I was missing Disney real bad and I wanted to get in a quick update.

In times like these(midterms), my mind seems to forget everything except the material I study. Which is a plus I guess.

As long as the mid-term isn't about memory of other events.

Wow, I thought I was impressive. I didn't know the Matterhorn was in MB, I thought it was just flat with a couple of valleys. :rotfl:or did you do yearly trips to the MK...if that is the case colour me jealous...or maybe you went to the Alps every year...then colour me terrified.

Nah. We have three valleys!!!!!!

Okay, so this is not going to sound too impressive but picture you are playing an old school arcade game with the big buttons except instead of a game Woody moves his hands or feet. That's pretty much it. I had fun with it though.

I dunno. I can see that as mindless fun. I like that kind.

Bigger than I could have ever imagined actually.

Oh?

Thanks, hopefully next trip I will have a new lens or two...I am heading to the oil patch for work during my 4 months off school so hopefully I make some cash.

That'll do it! Be careful out there.

How do you do it on photobucket? Maybe it is the same.

Top left corner of the photo is a menu. I click "share" and get a list of links. Pick the right one (don't remember what it's called off-hand) and then paste it into the box when you click the little mountain with a sun icon at the top of the DIS box you're writing in.

Hopefully I get the next update done once my midterms are finished. Even though my most loyal and possibly only reader is away.

Who is this interloper!?!?!?

it will be mostly brown when I arrive.

Or black... :rolleyes1

I will be going pipelining

Cool! That's fun! Did it in Whistler....

Wait... never mind. That's ziplining.

Seriously, though. Be careful, okay?

We headed to one that I thought I didn't like but this time had a much more enjoyable ride. Oh and the smell, the smell cannot be beat. I wish my house smelt like this...I think.

Why did you think you didn't like it?

It's really hard to get pictures in Indy queue when it's moving.

Pretty much impossible.

I love this queue. I dream of this queue. I ride it as many times as I reasonable can every trip.

:laughing: Tell us how you really feel!

I remember at this point I just wanted to lay down somewhere in Tarzan's Treehouse and sleep for age.

Huh. Didn't know you could do that. Do you have to book it through Disney? Or can you use a third party hotel booking site?

I love how all the decorations look and how everything lights up at this time of night.

::yes:: Disney does night time really well.

Pizza Press. There pizza is just delightful. My mouth is watering thinking about it.

Really! Gotta remember that one. :)

Just look at this beauty.

img_0468-jpg.337584

Looks pretty good!

I meant to take photo when we got it but the line ended up being 45 minutes and I was starving at this point.

Ouch. Yeah I can see how hunger comes before photos.

As long as the mid-term isn't about memory of other events.

I actually just had a midterm where he asked some questions about my group that I am in and it was tough to come up with an answer.

I dunno. I can see that as mindless fun. I like that kind.

I do as well, you should see all of the stupid little games on my phone.

We were in line to pay and she decided to change her mind and we spent another 10 minutes picking out ears.

That'll do it! Be careful out there.

Oh yea, I did it when I first finished high school and was humbled quickly as a coworker got his fingers chopped off...haunting I tell ya.

Top left corner of the photo is a menu. I click "share" and get a list of links. Pick the right one (don't remember what it's called off-hand) and then paste it into the box when you click the little mountain with a sun icon at the top of the DIS box you're writing in.

I will try this on my next installment. Hopefully coming soon but I just went camping so I am processing photos from that.

Who is this interloper!?!?!?

He likes Harleys, Marvin, and Dole Whips, lets find him.

Or black... :rolleyes1

Tis true.

Cool! That's fun! Did it in Whistler....

Wait... never mind. That's ziplining.

Seriously, though. Be careful, okay?

Haha yep! hopefully will be running a big piece of equipment so hopefully I will be safer and off the ground.

Why did you think you didn't like it?

I just remembered it being really slow but I think the first time I didn't take the time to smell and listen and feel the ride.

Pretty much impossible.

I will one day get it. I don't know how but I will!

Huh. Didn't know you could do that. Do you have to book it through Disney? Or can you use a third party hotel booking site?

It's more of the "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission" sorta thing.

::yes:: Disney does night time really well.

It does, one of my most vivid childhood memories is walking down Main St. back in the early 2000's at night time. I can still see and feel that whole moment. It's weird remembering being not 6'9".

Really! Gotta remember that one. :)

Do it! My sister was the one who put me onto it and wow wow wow.

Ouch. Yeah I can see how hunger comes before photos.

I tried really hard but my mouth was faster than my brain.

I actually just had a midterm where he asked some questions about my group that I am in and it was tough to come up with an answer.

whoopsie!

I do as well, you should see all of the stupid little games on my phone.

:laughing:

Oh yea, I did it when I first finished high school and was humbled quickly as a coworker got his fingers chopped off...haunting I tell ya.

:eek:

Dude! There's a reason it pays well... Yikes!

I will try this on my next installment. Hopefully coming soon but I just went camping so I am processing photos from that.

How was that?

He likes Harleys, Marvin, and Dole Whips, lets find him.

Sounds like a real jerk.

Haha yep! hopefully will be running a big piece of equipment so hopefully I will be safer and off the ground.

Hope so.

I just remembered it being really slow but I think the first time I didn't take the time to smell and listen and feel the ride.

::yes::

It's more of the "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission" sorta thing.

Gotcha.

It does, one of my most vivid childhood memories is walking down Main St. back in the early 2000's at night time. I can still see and feel that whole moment. It's weird remembering being not 6'9".

:laughing: Hadn't thought of that.

I tried really hard but my mouth was faster than my brain.

I have that problem all the time.

But not necessarily talking about food here.

:eek:

Dude! There's a reason it pays well... Yikes!

Oh yea, but I try to keep on high alert at all times. I am going to make money and I want to come back with all pieces of my body.

How was that?

It was great, a nice getaway before finals. I'll post some pictures in the next day or two. I got really sunburnt though.

Sounds like a real jerk.

He's not so bad.

:laughing: Hadn't thought of that.

I was chatting with some friends about this yesterday. It's weird to think that I used to be shorter than people.

I have that problem all the time.

But not necessarily talking about food here.

oh me too, daily struggle to work on it.

Oh yea, but I try to keep on high alert at all times. I am going to make money and I want to come back with all pieces of my body.

See that you do.

It was great, a nice getaway before finals. I'll post some pictures in the next day or two. I got really sunburnt though.

Probably worth it?

I was chatting with some friends about this yesterday. It's weird to think that I used to be shorter than people.

One of these days you're going to find yourself next to an NBA team and be looking up.
Or at least eye to eye.

How disconcerting will that be?

oh me too, daily struggle to work on it.

Probably worth it?

Worth it. I just got re-sunburnt this weekend. Went boating and forgot to pack sunscreen.

One of these days you're going to find yourself next to an NBA team and be looking up.
Or at least eye to eye.

How disconcerting will that be?

I've met a few folks taller than me and it is weird. I met this one fellow at a basketball drop-in in Washington. He was 7'4" and about 350 pounds. It was one of the most awe-inspiring moments of my life.

Lets Get Back At It!

I am sorry for the delay in an update but school comes first and it coming up on the end of the semester. I just finished my second last assignment and have started studying for finals and feel goo about it so I figured I could take some time to do this!

We had ended the last post with pizza, we are going to start this one with a new day. It actually rained overnight and cooled everything down which was nice. It was slightly drizzling as we waited for our Uber. He was quick but was the rudest of all of our drivers on this trip. Still it was a quick hop skip and a jump to the parks. We were there early, wanting to make rope drop but were still a few hundred people back. We were there at about 7:30 for an 8:00 rope drop.

28neZuP

42903566211_42f4e9cb2a_b.jpg

We decided quickly we would want to stop in Tomorrowland first because Space Mountain gets so busy and if we wanted to get on it we should do it now.

42903565861_08fb184f8c_b.jpg

We made a mad dash for Space Mountain and there was little to no lines. People seemed to be heading for Star Tours as the new "The Last Jedi" scenes were released this day. We got pretty close to walking on as this was where the queue reached

42903565381_22bf2ecc0e_b.jpg

I think we maybe waited 5 minutes before getting on. I always love Space Mountain except for not quite fitting. I am pretty sure it leaves a nice indent in my knees for a considerable amount of time but still I love the feeling of not knowing where we are going. I never am able to time the ride photo on this one. So you get this gem!

43049695154_dfba752b03_b.jpg

Not flattering but it will do the trick. I look a little bit insane. Once we completed our ride we were going to head to Haunted Mansion as it was still low wait time and we wanted to see this years holiday makeover! It's funny though, I am not a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan but we both love this makeover. We set our courses but were quickly derailed by Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters which had a 5 minute wait time and we literally walked on. Sorry no pictures. Neither of us are very good at this game and our scores are abysmal but it is always a hoot! Now that we had eliminated some Zerg scum we figured it would be good to head over to Haunted Mansions with no distractions before the wait got out of hand.

Low and behold there was this photographer taking pictures in front of the partner's statue with only 3 people in line. We have MaxPass so we might as well snap a picture. I love photopass I really do but some of the photo's are so poorly timed and awkwardly posed. Like this one!

43717223942_2bd315fa42_b.jpg

or this one. In now universe would I hug Ally like this.

42861407205_ce92d2c2ec_b.jpg

but then you do get a good one like this: (mind the PDA)

29894921508_a585a959a8_b.jpg

I think Walt is in the background casually waving a Cast Member down to break us up. We had our fun and decided it would now be best to go to Haunted Mansion. Ally do hear that. NO MORE DELAYS.

We walk and we walk through Adventureland. I am sorry, I did go a little photo heavy. oops a delay on my part.

42903565101_3921cccae0_b.jpg

42903564651_c5e8911c40_b.jpg

42903563941_e4753d4879_b.jpg

42903563741_cbc756aab0_b.jpg

Oh wait you can see what is happening. We got distracted yet again by our good pal Indy, he just needed help navigating through the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and he told us it would only take 10 minutes. What a farce it took 5 minutes and we almost got crushed by a boulder. I need to stop going for adventures with this guy. I swear he is trying to get me killed.

42903549281_300dba4314_b.jpg

Finally we would make our way to Haunted Mansion with no more delays. Ally heard that fear makes bladders smaller so she decided she needed a bathroom so low and behold another stop. The best laid plans I guess.

FINALLY we are ready...but wait. I'm hungrrrryy she says. I smile because I've wanted to try a delicious treat and what better meal to enjoy a sweet delight then breakfast.

42185395554_cd95fc838a_b.jpg

Okay, so now we are outside the spookiest house in the land. We monch down some beignet's and get in line! Hooray. I got a coupe good shots of the queue as well!

42855457852_204fefabba_b.jpg

42855457122_5dc87dcf60_b.jpg

We made it on the ride in maybe 10 minutes so this was a really good start to our day. It did break down twice. I had a really good photo of Oogie Boogie but I cannot find it right now so you can settle for this one!

42185395484_d07765ca2e_b.jpg

We escaped with our lives and then debated on Splash Mountain but in my mind this ride overrated. It's a lot of blegh for one big drop but I love the theme and it lends to go pictures.

42855456512_aae1a154ed_b.jpg

We reached culmination of this post but before I let you go we did head quickly for Big Thunder Mountain as the wait was only 15 minutes. We rushed through and I wasn't able to get many pictures. Only one usable one.

42855456132_91d7be5013_b.jpg

We got the front row on this ride so it was not as hair raising but still a great trip none the less. I am pretty sure all effects were working this go around. A cool little tidbit, my brother-in-law works for the company the originally built BTMRR back in the day. Just found that out today!

Okay so now I have given a big ol update. What is next? Nobody knows....well I know and Ally knows but you the reader do not know!

Last edited:
school comes first

have started studying for finals and feel goo about it

Oh, no!
Not good at all if you feel goo about it. Goo is not good!

He was quick but was the rudest of all of our drivers on this trip.

Gave this some thought.
Which would I prefer (or hate less) rude? Or slow?

I think slow. Unless I was in a real time crunch.

Like this one. :thumbsup2

We made a mad dash for Space Mountain and there was little to no lines.

Of course not. The line starts back for the non-mad ones who are non-dash types.

We got pretty close to walking on as this was where the queue reached

Nice.

I love the feeling of not knowing where we are going.

That is the only reason SM is so popular. Otherwise... it's not much different from any coaster at a fair.

I never am able to time the ride photo on this one. So you get this gem!

:laughing: But the dude in the front seat cracks me up.

I look a little bit insane.

Oh, no.
Not at all.

Truly.

Honest.

:rolleyes1

we were going to head to Haunted Mansion as it was still low wait time and we wanted to see this years holiday makeover! It's funny though, I am not a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan but we both love this makeover.

Just had a conversation about that on my thread. I'd love to see it. But I don't want to constantly see it.

We set our courses but were quickly derailed by Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters which had a 5 minute wait time and we literally walked on.

Well, that's a no-brainer.

I figured I better tell you that 'cause right now your brain is probably pretty full.

Of goo, and stuff.

Sorry no pictures. Neither of us are very good at this game and our scores are abysmal but it is always a hoot! Now that we had eliminated some Zerg scum

correction. A few Zerg scum were eliminated.

You did say you weren't very good, so...

"Don't mind me. I'll just chop off your girl's entire body. She won't miss it!"

In now universe would I hug Ally like this.

Why not? Genuinely curious.

but then you do get a good one like this: (mind the PDA)

My eyes!!!!!

I think Walt is in the background casually waving a Cast Member down to break us up.

ooohhh... nice one.

What a farce it took 5 minutes and we almost got crushed by a boulder.

Was that the wait time or the ride time?

nom nom nom...

Favourite shot of all. ::yes::

Cool!

It's a lot of blegh for one big drop but I love the theme and it lends to go pictures.

Not for me. While I do get a kick out of coming up with ways to pose for the drop, I also enjoy the music and animatronics. I tend to see something new each time.

A cool little tidbit, my brother-in-law works for the company the originally built BTMRR back in the day. Just found that out today!

Really! Cool!

What is next? Nobody knows....well I know and Ally knows but you the reader do not know!

Nope! :)

Oh, no!
Not good at all if you feel goo about it. Goo is not good!

My brain may have turned to goo, I am still working to form thoughts about my finals.

Gave this some thought.
Which would I prefer (or hate less) rude? Or slow?

I think slow. Unless I was in a real time crunch.

I would rather have slow, I'm pretty sure his car smelled of extra curricular activities.

Like this one. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Of course not. The line starts back for the non-mad ones who are non-dash types.

Are you calling me a mad dasher. I'm more of a brisk elbows up walker and when your my height elbows are eye level for everyone else. Very effective :angel:

That is the only reason SM is so popular. Otherwise... it's not much different from any coaster at a fair.

Exactly, not very fast but I enjoy it.

:laughing: But the dude in the front seat cracks me up.

Oh he was great for sure.

Oh, no.
Not at all.

Truly.

Honest.

:rolleyes1

It's okay, you can say I have lost my marbles.

Just had a conversation about that on my thread. I'd love to see it. But I don't want to constantly see it.

That is the thing, with my last two trips being Halloween and Christmas, I would love to see it normal.

Well, that's a no-brainer.

I figured I better tell you that 'cause right now your brain is probably pretty full.

Of goo, and stuff.

:rotfl:I didn't need a brain to figure this one out.

correction. A few Zerg scum were eliminated.

You did say you weren't very good, so...

I think it was closer to a couple or maybe even a single Zerg scum.

"Don't mind me. I'll just chop off your girl's entire body. She won't miss it!"

Exactly, especially with a good foot of space above my head.

Why not? Genuinely curious.

I think I just usually hug her head. I am not sure. It felt awkward while doing it.

ooohhh... nice one.

I have been trying to get this photo for ages and I had a better framed one but it was a tad blurry.

Was that the wait time or the ride time?

wait time! Can you believe it.

Favourite shot of all. ::yes::

Me too, but I think I have a better one coming up.

Not for me. While I do get a kick out of coming up with ways to pose for the drop, I also enjoy the music and animatronics. I tend to see something new each time.

Maybe it's like Pirates and I just need to spend more time taking it in.

Really! Cool!

Yea, they are currently working on the new Harry Potter ride for Universal Orlando.

My brain may have turned to goo, I am still working to form thoughts about my finals.

I'm not even sure how you formed that sentence.

I would rather have slow, I'm pretty sure his car smelled of extra curricular activities.

ew

Are you calling me a mad dasher. I'm more of a brisk elbows up walker and when your my height elbows are eye level for everyone else. Very effective :angel:

<backs slowly away in a defensive posture.> (ie crouched.)

It's okay, you can say I have lost my marbles.

You've lost your marbles.

I think it was closer to a couple or maybe even a single Zerg scum.

The universe is minutely safer today.

I think I just usually hug her head. I am not sure. It felt awkward while doing it.

You hug her head???? So the photographer got it right in that previous photo! Huh!

Me too, but I think I have a better one coming up.

Excellent!

Maybe it's like Pirates and I just need to spend more time taking it in.

Or not. I don't need everyone to like every ride.

Yea, they are currently working on the new Harry Potter ride for Universal Orlando.

They are??? I had zero clue.

I'm not even sure how you formed that sentence.

I'm not even sure how I got out of bed today, the call center life is adding to the goo, pretty soon it will be running out of my ears.

Yea, I was less that impressed.

<backs slowly away in a defensive posture.> (ie crouched.)

This is always wise, or just walk behind me so you reap the benefits.

You've lost your marbles.

:hyper:

The universe is minutely safer today.

I like to think so. I'm the John Wayne of the future, don't cha know!

You hug her head???? So the photographer got it right in that previous photo! Huh!

Sorry of but I just feel like our arms look silly.

Or not. I don't need everyone to like every ride.

True, because they you might have to wait even longer!

They are??? I had zero clue.

Yep, they tore down the Dragon Challenge!

also how was your 2 day, getaway with DW?

I'm not even sure how I got out of bed today, the call center life is adding to the goo, pretty soon it will be running out of my ears.

Probably fell out.
that's how a lot of my days start.

This is always wise, or just walk behind me so you reap the benefits.

ooooh… good idea.

I like to think so. I'm the John Wayne of the future, don't cha know!

I believe you.

Sorry of but I just feel like our arms look silly.

Tentacles would definitely be cooler.

True, because they you might have to wait even longer!

Good point!

Yep, they tore down the Dragon Challenge!

Oh! Well... that'd do it.

also how was your 2 day, getaway with DW?

Good! Short but sweet. Saw Mission Impossible Fallout. Saw the aquarium in Mall of America. She got some shopping done.
I'd call it a success.

Probably fell out.
that's how a lot of my days start.

Speaking of falling out, that is exactly what I did today. So my alarm goes of at 4:02am most days. This morning I woke up but was extra groggy. I stepped out of bed(sort of) and my cat was laying on the floor and I panicked and fell up against the fall and sort of just slid down onto the floor. It was not a good start to the day.

ooooh… good idea.

I'm filled with them, I think.

Tentacles would definitely be cooler.

Do I really need to stand out more?!?

Oh! Well... that'd do it.

The new ride looks like it is going to be pretty cool!

Good! Short but sweet. Saw Mission Impossible Fallout. Saw the aquarium in Mall of America. She got some shopping done.
I'd call it a success.

Sounds like fun, I've always wanted to see the Mall Of America. Those little weekend and getaways are always much needed!

Speaking of falling out, that is exactly what I did today. So my alarm goes of at 4:02am most days. This morning I woke up but was extra groggy. I stepped out of bed(sort of) and my cat was laying on the floor and I panicked and fell up against the fall and sort of just slid down onto the floor. It was not a good start to the day.

But it was a memorable one. And I bet you were awake after that.

I'm filled with them, I think.

Your full of something, I’m sure.

Do I really need to stand out more?!?

Yes

Sounds like fun, I've always wanted to see the Mall Of America. Those little weekend and getaways are always much needed!

So I just got back from a whirlwind of finals, camping, and work being delayed so no I am poor, unemployed and watching Indiana Jones, you can expect me to post an update today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!