A "Common object" you don't have in your home

Is a rice cooker truly common? Maybe it is culturally or regionally popular? I don't know anyone who has one. I can't imagine why I would need one. I never even knew they existed until about a year ago.

Mine has two compartments. I steam veggies in the top one. Also, mine has a cook book with options for use.

It and my crock pot are my most valued cooking tools next to my Dh! :love:
IMG_00000301.jpg
IMG_00000302.jpg
IMG_00000304.jpg

And more!

Last edited:
I don't have an ice cream scoop, electric can opener, slow cooker, blender, mixer or (working) dishwasher. I do love the microwave though. I'd also like to have a rice cooker and an iced tea maker.

Where in NJ are you? Lived in NJ my whole life and for the past 40 years, or so, most people I know have disposals. However, growing up, not so much. But that could be the times.
...Exit 16W here. [ ;) ]

Interesting! I remember talking about this with people and posting on Facebook, and no one I knew in NJ had one. Most of homes in my area were built in the 1940s and 1950s so maybe that could be a reason. I'll repoll my friends. Lol
.....I'm guessing a Bergen County native?

A toaster. We have a toaster oven that's in a cabinet. It comes out a few times a year but that's it. We just don't eat stuff that needs to be toasted.

We have a microwave /convection oven so snacks like mozzarella sticks get put in there.

Does the book mention whether or not he has an iron? That's just the kind of affirmation I need!! And thanks to @jaiminee krikit , I'm now having visions of myself, clutching my precious iron, being sucked up like the cows in Twister...:rotfl2:

I iron on vacation - including anyone who is staying in the room with me. I like to be wrinkle free. Does that help your ironing affirmation need? I mean, I travel with starch...

I do, but I had to google first to know if I did. :laughing:
:rotfl2:
I iron on vacation - including anyone who is staying in the room with me. I like to be wrinkle free. Does that help your ironing affirmation need? I mean, I travel with starch...
:confused: How do you get them to hold still and not squirm off the board? Maybe try travelling with younger, smoother, companions - just sayin'. :rolleyes1

I do, but I had to google first to know if I did. :laughing:

Just curious if you had to google it, and you have one. and in keeping with my spinoff thread (other uses than the intended for common objects) not that a garburator you, general you understand is; what does your's do instead?

And, How does starch feel about travelling with you, and all this ironing? Sorry, I. Just. Had. To! :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!