A couple of dining reviews

nuke

Life is Good
My family and I were at the World from 9/30-10/5. Here are a few restaurant reviews.

Beaches and Cream- I finally got to try this place after reading about it for years. We got there around 1pm and were seated immediately at the counter. The wait for tables was 20 minutes.
I had a cheeseburger with onion rings which was delicious. Husband had double-cheeseburger and rings and ate almost all of it so I think he liked it. :) My son had a grilled cheese and fries and said it was very yummy. He even ate the crust. ;)
For desert I had a chocolate sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream, husband had a banana split and son had a mickey sundae with oreos. They were all delicious and not one of us could finish it all. We used vouchers for my husband and myself and paid for my son's food. Our bill for the vouchers came to $43. Not to bad for 2 Q&C vouchers. :) Total for the grilled cheese and mickey sundae was $12 plus tip.

O'Hana- I had high hopes for this restaurant and was a little disappointed. We were seated immediately with a 6:30pm PS and the appetizers were brought out quickly. I loved the chicken wings and salad but found the rice dry and the won-tons had too much crunch and not enough filling.
Our first skewers of steak were completely raw. So much so that the meat was cold in the center. Our "cousin" took it away as soon as we pointed it out to her and brought more over that was cooked. Overall I found the turkey, pork and steak to be too dry. The shrimp was very good.
For the money I thought it just wasn't worth it. I would have rather had a really good meal at California Grill for only a few dollars more.

Le Cellier- Again we were seated immediately with a 1pm PS. We used Kingdom Lunch vouchers for this meal for my husband and myself. I had the cheese soup and loved it! Husband had mussels and said they were deliciuos. For the entree I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly medium. It was fork tender and very good. The mashed potatoes were delicious also. Husband had the strip steak and said it was also very good. He prefered my potatoes over the roasted ones that came with his meal. We both had the cheesecake for desert and again it was great. Overall I thought this was our best meal of the trip. :) Our bill came to $85 with tax and tip. My son had a hot dog so I don't think I need to comment on that. :)

Our other meals were at counter service and they were well....counter service.
:teeth:

I really enjoyed your reviews, and what a great picture of your son! He looks like he's thoroughly enjoying the moment. I just wish you'd had a better experience at 'Ohana. We went in December and loved it -- so much that we're going back in a couple of weeks! I hope your next dinner, there, is better -- that is, if you're willing to give it another chance.

As for Beaches and Cream -- we love eating there, too! I guess I'm gonna have to try their onion rings, since it sounds like you both enjoyed them.

Thanks for sharing your reviews.

Pat

15 days and counting . . . again!

Thanks for your reviews! Sorry about your experience at O'Hanas. I like everything very well done so those steak skewers would have grossed me out :crazy2: but I guess every place has an off night.

We would have liked the rare steak skewers - My DS, esp. likes his steak Mooing.

Thanx for the reviews - I love LeCellier.

BTW - Did you feel like the vouchers were a good deal, or were they just convienent?

Thanks for the reviews. We were also disappointed with Ohana, so I know how you feel. I'm glad to hear you had good meals at LeCellier and Beaches and Cream though! :D

Leota- The vouchers were a great value for Beaches and Cream. Otherwise you only save a dollar or two. I'm not one that will go all over to save money. I do like them just for the fact of having some meals paid for in advance.

The Kingdom Lunch vouchers were a big savings but you have to order a lot of food for them to be worth it. I would have ordered the soup anyways but probably wouldn't have gotten dessert.

I like my steak pink but this was cold. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter