A difficult confession

Oh My! You are a handsome guy! You have much to live for. I am praying for you. YOU GOT THIS BUDDY!!!!!

That was my first thought too! Really cute guy and I can say that cause I am old enough to be a grandmother. And so brave & interesting. You have already helped me on my journey of forgiveness for the husband that had this disease and a million ways to disguise it and deny it. I used to joke that the alcohol would probably keep him alive forever because he never got sick. It was a medicine that killed his heart but the drinking helped him not feel the pain, I guess.
I am along for the journey to help you Because I know how much your wife will miss you if you let this poison overpower you.

Episode 2...

Im having so many problems with my laptop. If you care to see, my channel is The Recovering Drunk.

Last edited:

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

If there's a member that would follow me, I'd like that. It would be nice to know that one person is listening.

I'm probably skirting the Disboard at this point.

And Dl1wdw2, I'm sorry for your loss. Someday, my wife will be on your boat, but power ahead. But, as long as you get into the future, don't forget the past. You husband married you and you did the same for a reason... love. He may be gone, but you can keep him alive in your heart.

I haven't read all the posts but I am praying for you. I echo all the posts people have made originally about talking to your doctor. I know there are some medicines that can help with withdrawal as well as others to help curb the cravings. I know they all have side effects. I have 1 brother who went through this is whole life. I can't imagine what you are dealing with, but I will pray for you and your family. AA is a big resource and something I believe in. It is a lifelong process and never just goes away even if sober.

I notice you keep mentioning that you are bound to succumb to this or it will eventually overtake you. I believe that mindset is one of the biggest things that you can get help with. As anyone who has dealt with addiction or with family suffering, it is up to that individual and no one else can change their mind.

Best of luck to you. In these isolated times, these sorts of issues are even harder and are the "silent victims" of the pandemic. God bless you.

Our family is following you now on your channel! We are excited to see your progress. Lots of prayers for your interview and moving forward. You've got this!!

Knowing people I care about that have struggled and recovered I totally recommend AA. It really works. You will find a lot of support and good people and friends to help you through. Best of wishes to you!

Rockbro,
I've been following this thread and wish you much luck. Through close friends and family, I also am familiar with this disease.

After reading that you started a youtube channel, I wanted to mention there is a guy on there who paints amazingly (Bob Ross style) and is recovering from I think severe depression; he talks about how painting saved him literally. Unfortunately, I can't recall his channel name but will try to find it. I find him very inspiring.

Also, I am in law and at several firms I've worked there were recovering alcoholics--one now in his 70s and it took him decades to recover, and another in his 60s who has been clean for decades and is a long-term AA mentor. He is always happy to monitor and help the new members and there is probably similar help in your area. Best of luck - you can do this!

PS And you live AN HOUR from Disney - that's my dream!!

Last edited:
Rockbro,
I've been following this thread and wish you much luck. Through close friends and family, I also am familiar with this disease.

After reading that you started a youtube channel, I wanted to mention there is a guy on there who paints amazingly (Bob Ross style) and is a recovering alcoholic; he talks about how painting saved him literally. Unfortunately, I can't recall his channel name but will try to find it. I find him very inspiring.

Also, I am in law and at several firms I've worked there were recovering alcoholics--one now in his 70s and it took him decades to recover, and another in his 60s who has been clean for decades and is a long-term AA mentor. He is always happy to monitor and help the new members and there is probably similar help in your area. Best of luck - you can do this!

PS And you live AN HOUR from Disney - that's my dream!!

The dream isn't what it seems... try driving on I4 :)

I really have to stop being so negative. My life really isn't that bad. It's actually pretty great. I'm a very fortunate guy. A lot of people would pine for what I have... I guess in some sense, I'm selfish. Thanks for your comments... kind of brought me back to earth.

The dream isn't what it seems... try driving on I4 :)

I really have to stop being so negative. My life really isn't that bad. It's actually pretty great. I'm a very fortunate guy. A lot of people would pine for what I have... I guess in some sense, I'm selfish. Thanks for your comments... kind of brought me back to earth.

and hey! I have 5 youtube subscribers.... that makes me feel like a million bucks. I never thought I would be an "influencer!!!!!"

I found the youtube channel I mentioned - Paintings by Justin. (I hope it's ok to put this here; you might find some inspiration from it. I don't know him at all just stumbled onto it one day when viewing Bob Ross videos.)

I’ve not had an opportunity to check out channel yet; but I have to say green is a good colour to wear.
I don’t know if you chose that purposely or purely coincidentally?
It emulates calm, groundless, generosity and more.

Whatever assists in your journey works with me too! 👍🏻

I’ve not had an opportunity to check out channel yet; but I have to say green is a good colour to wear.
I don’t know if you chose that purposely or purely coincidentally?
It emulates calm, groundless, generosity and more.

Whatever assists in your journey works with me too! 👍🏻

I wear green because it is the color of my school. :) I personally don't like green, but I'm loyal to my institution. If you want to check out the channel, it's The recovering Drunk and the icon is a sideways haunted mansion plaque... I'm not great at tech :)

And...hey! When do I get off of "Mousateer" status? i went to be a vet! I served for 10 years... I deserve to be a vet!

I was trying to think of all the ways you can find content of interest. For starters I would like to casually understand more about you (not being nosy) but your life journey and understanding of past to crash thru the barrier to get over your hurdles will probably help you and many others. And finding new positive ways to keep your mind and hands and eyes busy. A coloring book and box of crayons can be very relaxing or a deck of cards to play solitaire or dominoes to build those long lines to stack & crash. Or maybe a remote controlled car . I once had a remote controlled submarine for the pool in our apartment and then a neighbor one upped me by getting a remote controlled Pirate Ship!
Write your life story from bad point of view and then a good point of view .

hope you figure out how to download film cause I don’t you tube.

Last edited:
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a "" life for me...

I'm dropping out of school. No Phd.d. :) :(.

I'm doing a 180 degree. I can't say what it is, but I need this. I'm going to be a pirate :).

Almost... Thank you for all believing me. I don't deserve any of it. but I'll take it.

And Amber, thank you the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts