A difficult confession

Still hanging in there?

Everyday is a winding road (Shery Crow)

Doing OK. my wife came come and she did something very nice for me... she gave me a new IPAD. I never wanted one of those before, but now that I have it, I really like it. Unfortunately, as I have stated, at a certain age, one stops being proficient in technology. I used to have to program the VCR for my late grandfather. Now I can barely set my microwave's clock (mind you this is only age 42!) I dread what is to come. I'm eating more vegetables because I'm convinced I'm doomed to be come one :)

I'm planning on a youtube video today or tomorrow. Again, I was planning on shooting for an hour per episode, but I think that is excessive... My 10 minute videos are more than enough to have to listen to me.

In that video, I'll be giving my opinion on Disney's best practices, a huge fork in the road that I am considering, and an early Thanksgiving... what I'm thankful for.

I will update.

And, hey... to all of you that viewed my youtube videos, thank you again.

Mods,

Am I allowed to get a link on here for a go fund me account for my puppy's surgery? I think not, but I'd like to if it is ok. I won't do anything until given the ok.

If the mods need, I'll post the vet docs from today detailing her ACL problems and surgery needs.
Did your dog tear the acl? Just one or both?

I haven't read the entire thread, but just wanted you to know that I'm rooting for you in your recovery. One of my best friends died a few years ago from addiction. Before she descended into that disease, I thought that the concept of addiction being a disease was a bunch of bunk. Oh boy, was I ever wrong.

You can't battle it on your own. You're going to need support. An in person support group, 12 step program, etc. You need a sponsor, somebody you can call when you're in the middle of "OMG I NEED A DRINK!"

And if you look at this from the perspective of "Hey, I have a chronic disease," then of COURSE you would seek out assistance to help you figure out how to better manage it.

You might find that some of your friends who you drank with a lot won't know how to relate to you anymore once you've stopped drinking. Anybody who gives you lip for not drinking alcohol is NOT a friend.

You can do this. There will be times when you feel like you can't, but you CAN beat this. Take it all one day at a time. Or one hour at a time if you have to. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

It's both back legs. we don't don't when it happened. She runs in circles around the pool when we are in it. She has fallen in several times.I really will put up vet bills if allowed.

And, hey, I don't care if it's not allowed. She is my everything.
Wy wife and I are not looking for sympathy by any means. We love her like a daughter. We have two Rots. and she's the youngest and smallest.

Honestly it will break my heart to put her down. $1 would be great... we'll send you pics of her recovery. She has been so good to me in my recovery.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/brooklyn...dium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

if you can’t meet your goal on go fund me. I know a lot of animal hospitals offer the use of something called care credit. It’s credit card, but it can only be used for medical purposes. I’m pretty sure dentists and eye drs accept it as well. It is up to the individual office whether or not they accept it. It’s 0% interest IF paid off in the agreed time. Of coarse if it’s not paid off in the 6-12 months they ramjam you. You can usually apply in the office or go online and do it and it’s available to use immediately and they will eventually send you a physical card. I personally have never used it. I worked in an animal hospital for a few years and have seen it be helpful. Depending on your financial situation and if you can swing the cost of the surgery spread out as opposed having to come up with it all at once it can be super helpful especially since it is 0% interest. Also, sometimes vets will offer an in house “payment plan”. I feel like now a days that may be harder to come by. But depending on your vet and how “good” of a client you are, they may offer to work with you on something. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

if you can’t meet your goal on go fund me. I know a lot of animal hospitals offer the use of something called care credit. It’s credit card, but it can only be used for medical purposes. I’m pretty sure dentists and eye drs accept it as well. It is up to the individual office whether or not they accept it. It’s 0% interest IF paid off in the agreed time. Of coarse if it’s not paid off in the 6-12 months they ramjam you. You can usually apply in the office or go online and do it and it’s available to use immediately and they will eventually send you a physical card. I personally have never used it. I worked in an animal hospital for a few years and have seen it be helpful. Depending on your financial situation and if you can swing the cost of the surgery spread out as opposed having to come up with it all at once it can be super helpful especially since it is 0% interest. Also, sometimes vets will offer an in house “payment plan”. I feel like now a days that may be harder to come by. But depending on your vet and how “good” of a client you are, they may offer to work with you on something. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Thank you for the info. And, I just want people to know that the reason I showed the link is because I shy away from social media (I firmly believe that the only thing that comes from it is negative; don't want a Facebook page or twitter account following me around for the rest of my life. Employers increasingly look at stuff like that for deciding on applicants).

Though, I suppose Disboards and my new youtube channel are considered social media. Go figure...

Hey all,

I know many of you have been following this thread, and I appreciate it. I am heading to Fort Meyers next Saturday for an initial look at a new career and I start back in my Ph.D. program on the 26th. So, I may be trailing off a bit.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be able to resist the temptation to log back on here, though.

But, I just wanted to let all of you know so that if you don't hear from me for a while, it's not because I died of a fatty liver explosion! :)

There's a video I want to post. But, I want to make sure it is of high quality content... standby.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that, after a lot of thought, I found my original channel name to be self-deprecating. I have changed it to "Strength, Wisdom, and Musings" I think this is more appropriate. So, if you watch my stuff, it will be there. I have too much self-respect than to name my channel what I did. I just didn't realize it until now.

I have a difficult update. I'll let you know when I'm ready. There's been a loss in my family.

There's probably going to e edit after edit on the stupid post.

So... Hi.

I don't mind saying this because we are all Disney fans.

I'm an alcoholic. but I am not in recovery. I have had a drink for the last 13 months, every day, and counting. I want to stop, and these forums are helping me to slow. Disney gives me hope. Reading these forums gives me solace.

I have faith that I will stop someday. I just don't know how that will happen. The physical pain that comes with withdrawals is almost unbearable. I also run the risk of seizure and stroke. But, it only takes three days to get past the danger zone.

Just acknowledging you have a problem is a HUGE step! My dad was (and likely still is) an alcoholic. You are so much stronger than many, just being able to say that there's something wrong with it and want to change. Are you getting help from your doctor/support group/therapist too?

Just acknowledging you have a problem is a HUGE step! My dad was (and likely still is) an alcoholic. You are so much stronger than many, just being able to say that there's something wrong with it and want to change. Are you getting help from your doctor/support group/therapist too?

Yes

Hey there,

I got a "thumbs down" on my last video. Not sure what was wrong with it, but I'll try to improve. Still, if you gave me the thumbs down, thanks for watching in the first place.

I just want to let you all know... I'm very honored that I have 6 subscribers and 17 viewers. I'm going to polish up and tune my guitar and play a song. It will be terrible, but I never expected this following.

You need to talk to other drunks at an AA meeting. 90 meetings in 90 days and get yourself a sponsor. You aren't going to get sober alone, and it's not going to happen with YouTube videos and a Disney discussion board. The people at AA meeting will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. Please go - go often. Read the Big Book, follow the 12 steps. Keep coming back and take it one day at a time.

This is a rough road, but admitting you are powerless over alcohol is the first step. Through the grace of God and AA I've been clean and sober for 30 years. Get up, get out and go to a meeting.

To the WDW 3,

I want to expand on this. There are many different diseases. Nobody wants them, but many people get them. There isn't a single one that is welcome. Again, no one gets a disease on purpose. And every single one wishes he or she didn't. Have compassion and don't judge,

Alcoholics are some of the best people you will meet because they are slammed in life. But we are some of the most caring people in the world.

I wish you the best.

Have you seen Into The Unknown, about the making of frozen 2 per chance?

Random way to start my comment I know, but I AM going somewhere with this!

Kristen Bell talks about how much frozen 2 helped her, because of the simple phrase "do the next right thing..."

When her anxiety was becoming too much, that phrase came to her and she focused, and realised all she had to do was the next right thing. So, getting out of bed and brushing her teeth was the next right thing. Once she had done that, the next right thing was to have a shower. Once that was done, she had to get dressed. Then the next right thing was to wake her children for breakfast etc.

Try to remain calm in focusing on each step, one at a time. Give yourself a pat on the back for each right thing you accomplish, no matter how small, then focus on the next right thing you need to do. Little by little, you will get where you need to be.

Recovery is all about steps, small steps at a time that lead to the top of a big staircase of achievenents. Getting through life with depression and anxiety is the very same.

We are with you friend. Keep going strong. You've got this. Xxxxx

Have you seen Into The Unknown, about the making of frozen 2 per chance?

Random way to start my comment I know, but I AM going somewhere with this!

Kristen Bell talks about how much frozen 2 helped her, because of the simple phrase "do the next right thing..."

When her anxiety was becoming too much, that phrase came to her and she focused, and realised all she had to do was the next right thing. So, getting out of bed and brushing her teeth was the next right thing. Once she had done that, the next right thing was to have a shower. Once that was done, she had to get dressed. Then the next right thing was to wake her children for breakfast etc.

Try to remain calm in focusing on each step, one at a time. Give yourself a pat on the back for each right thing you accomplish, no matter how small, then focus on the next right thing you need to do. Little by little, you will get where you need to be.

Recovery is all about steps, small steps at a time that lead to the top of a big staircase of achievenents. Getting through life with depression and anxiety is the very same.

We are with you friend. Keep going strong. You've got this. Xxxxx
That song/phrase I think has become a mantra for a lot of us...even before actually hearing it! I know it did for me!
We all have our stories of disease, addiction etc. My family is dealing with repercussions now. Hoping my generation will break the cycle of our parents/aunts/uncles. Trust me when I say the virus has been the easier part of 2020 for us, sad but true. :mad: I'm sure I dont need to tell anyone here just because you aren't drunk doesn't mean you aren't an addict.
Anyway...tangent, a series of small good decisions leads to great positive outcomes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter