A Disney girl cruises on Celebrity...

Yes, she was amazing!!! Bo1953 and Jim_Iain have helped me a lot as well. But that board gets insane. If I see that poster say "loud and shouty" one more time... Honestly I'm glad that there have really only been one or two semi-haters who have posted on my review as so many times any positive review gets immediately jumped on. (And even then one was a misunderstanding more than anything and the other (the "Disney meets Avatar") was definitely not the insult they thought it was since Pandora is my favorite land. LOL)

Now that I have experienced it and loved it so much, I feel like I'll be a lot more immune to the haters - and better able to pick out people who have never experienced it but are just complaining. (I honestly did not even find the "Hoppen chairs" that had been on the IVs and now are around the ramp in Eden THAT uncomfortable. And definitely not tiny enough to be anything I'd remotely consider "dollhouse furniture".)

I never noticed you on the page, similar screen name? I will admit to focusing mostly on the RCCL page the last month or two prepping for the Adventure and will be transitioning back to the Celebrity side with the Apex coming up.

How was the wind on the rooftop garden? When we were on they didn't have the glass wind breaks that were added later.

Hcat, Silkroad, and Oville are also Edgies and helpful posters as well. Mine is cgolf1, since cgolf was already taken.

Last edited:
Just peeked over at the quotes coming in for summer 2021 and WOWZA. I never thought I'd be *that* person, but... I've got 14 nights on the Apex (2 cruises B2B) to Spain, Monaco, France, and Italy for less than HALF the quotes I'm seeing!! I could do an 11-night on the Edge (though now that I have the others booked and they are non-refundable deposits it would be more complicated as I'd end up with a future cruise credit for one of them which just seems complicated to use) for less than half of what I'm seeing for those Greek cruises.

I'm very glad the owner of the travel agency I use convinced me to give Celebrity - and specifically Edge - a try!!

One thing we have found with Celebrity when we booked our constellation cruise is to watch out for the non refundable deposit. We got a 10 night sideways inside room on deck 2 with taxes and port fees it came out to 130 a night per person. At the time the only refundable option was 3 perks so we got free gratuities (310$), OBC (300$), and the classic beverage package included in that price. We may have a cruise where we have 0 out of pocket on board (maybe extra tips), if the shore excursions are under 300 total. Kind of excited to see how this one works out.

I never noticed you on the page, similar screen name? I will admit to focusing mostly on the RCCL page the last month or two prepping for the Adventure and will be transitioning back to the Celebrity side with the Apex coming up.

How was the wind on the rooftop garden? When we were on they didn't have the glass wind breaks that were added later.

Hcat, Silkroad, and Oville are also Edgies and helpful posters as well. Mine is cgolf1, since cgolf was already taken.

No, I'm writtenonyourheart over there.

I did not notice wind in the garden itself. Did not get to eat at the grill.

Yes, they are good as well.

Loved your live review, great job!

Sorry to hear about your kitty, we have 4 and know how special cats are.

Loved your live review, great job!

Sorry to hear about your kitty, we have 4 and know how special cats are.

Thank you! And thank you about Mo. I made the mistake of going into Petco on my way to the Ash Wednesday service at my church and there were about 4 there for adoption through a no-kill agency I fell in love with...but I'm not ready yet.

Great review! I can't wait to try one of the new Celebrity ships. I can't wait to move to them full-time, once our son is an adult. We loved our Southern Caribbean cruise on Summit in 2018. This was before it was revolutionized. I liked the old ship, but the new ones look fabulous too. I think the service for price is amazing on Celebrity. We had a suite, and the suite restaurant is excellent. So happy to see others finding enjoyment with Celebrity too.

I follow Captain Kate and Bug on Instagram. :) we were on the Edge last year, but before Captain Kate moved to the ship. I so wished she was our captain!

Ahhhh. We were supposed to try Celebrity in January but changed for a longer cruise on RCCL instead. We booked a NCL ship for next year but I hope we can try Celebrity soon. Your review and videos make it seem pretty amazing.

p.s.: That solo cabin is the coolest solo cabin I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Ahhhh. We were supposed to try Celebrity in January but changed for a longer cruise on RCCL instead. We booked a NCL ship for next year but I hope we can try Celebrity soon. Your review and videos make it seem pretty amazing.

p.s.: That solo cabin is the coolest solo cabin I have ever seen.

I really loved it!! Cannot wait for my 4 Apex Cruises!!

And yeah, I loved the solo cabin. Only downside for me (for other who pack heavy the no drawers thing is a drawback) is you don’t get the double Captajn’s Club points you would as a solo in a regular cabin. But I’ll happily take the lower rate and cruise more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter