A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
For the few readers I have left.. Only one month till Disney! Woo Hoo! I am going to start dishing out detailed daily itineraries, starting with the 25 and 26 (the first two days of my trip). Although I only have a few loyal readers....I am hoping you don't mind me giving detailed itinerary ideas!

One Month from Yesterday, July 25:

DBF's mom and step dad will be picking us up around 6:30 AM. Hopefully we will get to the airport for 7, and our flight leaves at 8:30. Hopefully no delays :scared1:. Once the flight lands at 11:20, we'll go to Disney's Magical Express and be whisked away (hopefully quickly) to AKL! Once we check in, I am assuming our room won't be ready. Either way, we are going to get some lunch at The Mara, then explore the resort for a bit. Then, we'll go check out our room (if it's ready), and head to Epcot. We have ADR's at Coral reef for 7:00 PM. No big plan, but hoping to get nemo/living seas done before our reservation. After we eat, we are leaving and going to sleep after a long day!

One month from TODAY! July 26

Today is the day we are hoping to make AK at rope drop. Probably going to wake up around 7:30, grab some CS breakfast, then head to AK. Since AKL is so close, we are only estimating around 15 minutes for a bus. Gutsy, I know. We have decided to tour AK in two ways: one day doing all the trails & animals, and another day doing the rides. Today we are going to go straight for Rafiki's planet watch, in hopes of getting on the first train. We are grabbing a fastpass for Killimanjaro Safaris on our way. After we do Rafiki, we are going to do KS (assuming our time is good), then explore the rest of the trails & animals at the AK. We really feel there is a need to take time at this park, we are both huge animal lovers! Around 12:00, we are going to head back to AKL for CS lunch at the mara, or if we are hungry rearlier, at AK. Rest and relax for a bit, we have ADR's at Ohana for 5:00. My plan for getting there is to take a bus to the MK, then take the monorail to the poly. Going to leave AKL around 3:45 for this. After we eat at Ohana, MK is having EMH from 10-1. This is our only time for MK, so we are going to stay as late as possible. Maybe explore the poly, then heading over to the MK to stake out a good spot for Spectro & Wishes. Any suggestions? After Spectro & Wishes, we're going to hit PoC, Splash Mountain (if i can convince DBF), and any other EMH attractions we want. Then, we're heading back to AKL for some R & R!

I'm still here, one of you're loyal readers!!! I love hearing your itinerary for each day! Everything sound good!!! It's only 1 month away!! Woohoo!! I love AK too and love spending time there!! Can't wait to hear more! At MK for Spectro we try to go to Frontierland, it's a little less crowded (usually) and you don't have to get there quite as early as Main St. For Wishes I love standing in front of the castle. I know it's really crowded but I think it's the best view. Plus if you watch Spectro in Frontierland it takes a while for the parade to get there and then you don't have to stand so long in front of the castle with everyone else!! But that all depends on how much you want to deal with all of those people!

:thumbsup2Sounds like a good plan & half the fun of the trip is in the planning. I enjoy hearing other people's plans as it helps to get me through until my next trip.

Hey Everyone! I am officially done with all my school work!:banana:

I started babysitting full time (4 days a week 8-4). It's for a 3 month old baby, 11$ an hour...under the table...so it's a good deal because he sleeps a lot of the time, as most babies do! Anyways, as of tommorow..only 24 days until my trip! The time is passing so slow....I have been watching crowd threads and feeling very opimistic about the crowd levels!

Okay, so I left off with my plans for the 25 & 26. I am still hopeful they will add on a second spectro that night! If not, I am going to watch spectro in frontierland, then go around frontierland and around the castle into tommorowland, on the bridge in front of the castle and hoping to get some sort of spot there. That's to TBD though, I may choose something else! Plus, its MK EMH...it's going to be crowded, but If we can make it through the late hours, we will be good!

The next day is Monday, July 27. We will sleep in (until around 9:30), then hop on a bus to DHS and take the boat to the boardwalk. I plan on eating breakfast at the boardwalk, then walking or taking the boat over to the world showcase. We are going to relax and explore the world showcase for most of today. We have ADR's at Germany for around 1:30 ( i don't have my exact ADR times with me, not on my computer), then we have rose and crown reservations for 7:45. We will probably snack around the world. I am trying to figure out the best way to go about exploring the countries. This is all assuming we are at the WS when it opens, or around 11:30. Either way I want to enter through the international gateway, so we may just eat breakfast at the Mara and then take the boat from DHS to Epcot to enter through the gateway. I think we will start in England, explore canada, then walk around to Mexico..going in a weird order, but I want to be around Germany for when our ADR's are. Then we are just going to relax, or possibly go back to the room and back for our ADR's in England. We will play that by ear, then we are watching Illuminations from the porch at the Rose and Crown, going back to the hotel and calling it a night!

The next day is DHS day. We will get there for RD, and head straight for ToT and RnR. I think we will get a FP for tower of terror, then go down to rockin rollercoaster and ride that, then go ride tower of terror, and possibly get another fast pass for one or the other. After that, I want to head over to the Great Movie ride, and then to the backlot tour. We have sci-fi reservations for 11:10. After we eat, we will grab FP to star tours, then head back to the hotel to rest. We have the Fantasmic Package for 4:05 at Brown derby, so we will probably get back in time for that. After we eat, we will do some shopping, one man's dream, star tours and anything we missed before fantasmic. I am expecting to be done with Brown Derby by 5:30 at the latest, so that gives us 2.5 hours to get all this done. We will see though!! This day is tight- we may not go back to the hotel, but just check out all the AC attractions. who knows!

Since I am doing this in the form of "a month from now" type posts, I have a lot to catch up on. That brought us to the 29th, which is our seaworld day! We will get transportation at about 8-8:15 to seaworld, then explore seaworld for the day. We will be back at the hotel no later than 6:00 (this is what I'm hoping for), then head to DTD for 8:30 Raglan Road reservations. We will most likely eat, then head back to the hotel for bed!

That's all for now! Let me know what you think of my plans. I am trying to make sure we have atleast 9 hours of sleep a night, plus naps. Some nights itmay be only 8 hours, depending on how we feel!

Yay for being done with schoolwork! Your plans look great!

Congrats on being done with your school work!! And have fun with that little guy. How cute!!! I love kids when they're that age!! You're plans all look good, not too commando but still getting a lot done!!

I am still here! Well I wasn't, but now I am again. I had to take MY trip to WDW : ) Just getting caught back up with your report.

Congrats on your school work and your babysitting job. That age is so perfect!

Your plan sounds great so far! I love your strategy for AK, the trails are what make it such a remarkable place. Hey, since you are heading out at noon, why not ride Kali on your way out? You can change as soon as you get back to AKL - and the cool off will feel good. Maybe grab FPs on your way through to the trails.

Rest and relax for a bit, we have ADR's at Ohana for 5:00. My plan for getting there is to take a bus to the MK, then take the monorail to the poly.

Last week we had a 6:55 ADR at Ohana. We took the bus to MK then took the boat from MK to Poly. It was such a relaxing boat ride. If time permits, please consider this... its very calming.

I am still hopeful they will add on a second spectro that night! If not, I am going to watch spectro in frontierland, then go around frontierland and around the castle into tommorowland, on the bridge in front of the castle and hoping to get some sort of spot there.

Great plan, just be prepared for a crowd to move through while going from Frontierland to the bridge at Tomorrowland. The bridge is a GREAT location, but getting there might be hairy. Good luck! If you can, try to scope out a spot at the hub to watch Spectro. We love to sit right in front of the popcorn stand, great view.

congrats on being done and the new job!
and yay for only one month!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Vallie. I haven't been over to your ptr in a while, i will stop by when im done here!

I am still here! Well I wasn't, but now I am again. I had to take MY trip to WDW : ) Just getting caught back up with your report.

Your plan sounds great so far! I love your strategy for AK, the trails are what make it such a remarkable place. Hey, since you are heading out at noon, why not ride Kali on your way out? You can change as soon as you get back to AKL - and the cool off will feel good. Maybe grab FPs on your way through to the trails.

Last week we had a 6:55 ADR at Ohana. We took the bus to MK then took the boat from MK to Poly. It was such a relaxing boat ride. If time permits, please consider this... its very calming.

Great plan, just be prepared for a crowd to move through while going from Frontierland to the bridge at Tomorrowland. The bridge is a GREAT location, but getting there might be hairy. Good luck! If you can, try to scope out a spot at the hub to watch Spectro. We love to sit right in front of the popcorn stand, great view.

Hey! Hope you had a great trip! That's a good idea to ride Kali on the way out. Maybe grab a FP for Kali before the Safari. Thanks! I plan on taking the boat from the poly to Mk. We will have enough time!

Yay for being done with schoolwork! Your plans look great!

Thanks!

Congrats on being done with your school work!! And have fun with that little guy. How cute!!! I love kids when they're that age!! You're plans all look good, not too commando but still getting a lot done!!

Thanks. He is a cutie!!

Well, only 22 days left! I hope they fly by..I still feel like it will never come and can't believe that I am actually going!!

On Thursday, July 30, we will be doing AK again, this time going on the rides and being there for RD. My plan of action: Go to EE, grab fastpass. Go ride Dinosaur. Pick up FP for the safari, then go ride EE. Take a break for a snack, then ride the safari on the way out. This is a very short morning, hoping to get all this done by 11-12. We will go back to the hotel and relax a bit, before heading to the boardwalk for our 6:00 reservations at Flying Fish. After Flying Fish, we can do what we want. We will probably take the boat over to Beach Club and explore that for my December trip, then take the bus to DtD depending on the time. I'm thinking dessert at either Beaches and Cream depending on the time, or ghiridelli's in DTD. We will see!

On Friday, July 31, we are doing Epcot RD. Going to get FP for Soarin', then going to ride the Land and Nemo (if we didnt already do any of that). Then, going over and getting a FP for Test Track, and waiting to ride Mission Space. After Mission Space, going to do Ellen possibly, or going back to Test Track. On our way out, we will do spaceship earth (if we haven't done it already or want to do it again). We have ADR's at canada for 11:30, so I am hoping to be done with all of that (minus spaceship earth) for the ADR. Then we will go back to the room and relax for a bit. The wedding rehersal is at 4:00, so we will probably call for a taxi around 3:15. The rest of the night is the wedding rehersal, then the rehersal dinner at TGIFridays, then going back to the hotel to sleep!

On Saturday, August 1st, we have no plans. We had Boma ADR's at 9:20, but I moved them to 10:30 so we could sleep in. We will lounge around the hotel for a bit, maybe go to Downtown Disney after our ADR's. The wedding ceremony is at 7:00. I will probably have to go get my makeup & hair done around 4, or if i do it myself then we won't have to go until around 6:00. Then the wedding, pictures and reception! Woo hoo!!

On Sunday, August 2nd, we leave. We have ADR's for T-Rex at noon in DtD. ME doesnt leave until around 5:00 for us, so we have the day to do as we wish. So sad!

Anyways, I cannot wait. I am so excited for all of this!!! I wish it would come faster. This weekend I am going camping, next weekend I am having a yardsale (all profit going to disney!), the weekend after that I have a graduation party then we leave! It's coming so fast!

You're trip is getting so close!! It'll go by quickly. It seems like you'll be busy so that'll help the time go by!! Your plans sound good!

Hey Everyone! I've been so busy..I haven't had any time to update! There really is no huge news..except that i upgraded our first night to a Savannah view and linked our reservations, so now our chance of having to move to a different room is minimal! yay! I'm wondering if I can ask when I check in if I'm assigned to the same room for the duration of my stay...well i guess I can ask, but they might not be able to tell me. I am hoping we can get our tickets the first day also! It's all up in the air. I am praying so hard that we are able to get our park hoppers before our package, it will save us 160$!

In other news, this Friday we are buying our seaworld tickets, and putting the dining plan back on to our reservation! This weekend we had a yard sale, and made over 100$ for our trip. I am debating if I should save it, or use it towards seaworld tickets.

I am also SUPER excited for Harry Potter on Wednesday!!! I already bought my tickets to go see it. I am doing everything I can to keep busy...this weekend I am helping bf put up a fence at his house, and we have a friend's graduation party, then we are in Disney the following weekend. I feel so disorganized because I haven't had time to do ANY planning/packing/list making! Hopefully I can do some of that this week.

That's all for now. I hope I can manage to keep you guys around even without fun updates!

Hey

May I make 1 suggestion.

If you want him to LOVE this, then the most important thing you can do when your there is Dont push too hard.

I know you are excited, and you want him to see everything, but at the end of the trip, if all he remembers is you constantly pushing him to do more than he wanted to, then he will never want to go back.

Pick 1 or 2 things that you know for certain he will love. (Like The Seas at Epcot) and make sure he does them. Outside of that, Take it SLOW.......

Your first impulse will be GO GO GO GO GO, because you love it all so much. Fight that urge. Let him see it as his pace, and he will come away with all the pleasant memories and no negative ones.

Also dont be afraid to leave the parks if its too hot and crowded. Go back to the hotel, take a nap, have a swim, and go back later. Whatever it takes to give him fond memories, not bad ones.

Hey

May I make 1 suggestion.

If you want him to LOVE this, then the most important thing you can do when your there is Dont push too hard.

I know you are excited, and you want him to see everything, but at the end of the trip, if all he remembers is you constantly pushing him to do more than he wanted to, then he will never want to go back.

Pick 1 or 2 things that you know for certain he will love. (Like The Seas at Epcot) and make sure he does them. Outside of that, Take it SLOW.......

Your first impulse will be GO GO GO GO GO, because you love it all so much. Fight that urge. Let him see it as his pace, and he will come away with all the pleasant memories and no negative ones.

Also dont be afraid to leave the parks if its too hot and crowded. Go back to the hotel, take a nap, have a swim, and go back later. Whatever it takes to give him fond memories, not bad ones.

Thanks for your suggestions. I am already planning on not pushing him too hard. We are going to take our time with things!

it is sooo close! lucky duck!

It's so close but it feels so far away! i feel like it will never come!

In other updates, I added a Tusker House lunch reservation into our plans. We have some extra money, so I thought this was a good choice! Also, I can check in online tommorow for the first night of our stay, then thursday for the rest of our stay! wooo hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!