A few questions about Christmas...

davidmolliesmum

i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate
We will be at a villa from 19th December til 2nd January... my questions if anyone can advise on are...

1. Are there any Christmas decorations at the villas?

2. Any recommendations for Christmas Dinner?

3. New Year celebrations?

Thank you

We have been a few times at Christmas and was there last year too.

The Townhome we stayed in did have a Christmas tree which the owners said we were more than welcome to use, as long as we put it away before we left. We have bought a small tree on previous stays from Walmart or Target.

Last year for Christmas Dinner we went to Whispering Canyon cafe at Wilderness Lodge. It was a "Holiday Meal" and we all really enjoyed it. We have also been to California Grill a few times (and seen the fireworks too), Citricos and Cinderellas Royal Table. I suppose it depends what you want and how old your children are.

Last year was the first time we have stayed for New Years Eve and we ate At the Yacht and Beach club and then enjoyed the outdoor DJ. They gave out hats and party blowers and there was a good atmosphere. We also got to see fireworks from Epcot and the Studios which was pretty good. Leaving the area wasn't too bad either but it is pretty busy and if you go to a park I can well imagine it will take a while to get back.

If I can answer anything else let me know :goodvibes

I haven't been over Christmas and new year but I know that the parks on NYE can sometimes close due to capacity.

So if you intend on being there for the midnight countdown you may have to get there at park opening.

Im sure I remember someone saying that California Grill do 'special' NYE event that sounded fab! Maybe @MrsDoubtfire or someone else can confirm whether I have that info right?

Thank you this is a great help.

My children will be 14 & 12.

Should have said offsite recommendations too please!

Gaylord Palms get good reviews, they do a buffet Christmas dinner I think. On Christmas Eve we went to Seaworld and that was a really good day. Other years we have been to MK and stayed until it closed, that is really good. We then get up later on Christmas Day, play mini golf and get an ice cream from Beaches and Cream.

Gaylord Palms get good reviews, they do a buffet Christmas dinner I think. On Christmas Eve we went to Seaworld and that was a really good day. Other years we have been to MK and stayed until it closed, that is really good. We then get up later on Christmas Day, play mini golf and get an ice cream from Beaches and Cream.

We're at WDW 10th December till 1st January this year. There will be 14 of us by Xmas day and I have absolutely NO intention of going into a park on Xmas day, in fact my plans are very similar to yours.

Ideally we'll get up a bit later than our usual rope drop time, have a character breakfast at Cape May at The Beach Club then play some mini golf and then fingers crossed have dinner at California Grill so we can watch the MK fireworks.

All fingers and toes crossed I can get the ADRs

We're at WDW 10th December till 1st January this year. There will be 14 of us by Xmas day and I have absolutely NO intention of going into a park on Xmas day, in fact my plans are very similar to yours.

Ideally we'll get up a bit later than our usual rope drop time, have a character breakfast at Cape May at The Beach Club then play some mini golf and then fingers crossed have dinner at California Grill so we can watch the MK fireworks.

All fingers and toes crossed I can get the ADRs

Oh I hope you get your CG ADR, we have always managed. Have you any plans for New Year?

Oh I hope you get your CG ADR, we have always managed. Have you any plans for New Year?

By New Year there will be 19 of us aged from 2 to 84. Ideally I'd like to be in EPCOT as that's my favourite park. In previous years there as been a "special event" at La Hacienda de San Angel. It was a bit pricey but it does include a full 5 course dinner and some drinks and would afford us table and chairs and a bit of sanctuary out of the madness that would be going on in the park. The restaurant also looks out over the water so we'd have a great view of the fireworks.

At the moment there has been no release of any NYE events from Disney so yet again everything is crossed that they will hold his event again and I can get a booking for 19 people.

The San Angel sounds nice. I think you would need a bit of a calm(er) oasis if you are going to be in Epcot. Especially if you have to get to the park early. I read about all the different options last year but opted for something a bit less hectic.

Good luck with all the planning. Sorting out 19 people isn't easy!!

Thank you for the useful posts . Which is the best park to be in for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Any specific activities/ programs for these specific dates in any parks? Thanx a lot in advance!

Thank you for the useful posts . Which is the best park to be in for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Any specific activities/ programs for these specific dates in any parks? Thanx a lot in advance!

are you staying onsite or off?
xmas day (and probably xmas eve) is one of those days that the parks max out....meaning, they close the parks due to capacity..
i think it's the magic kingdom that mostly has this happen, though i would think this year animal kingdom might max out too...

what does that mean to you?
you need to get to the parks at opening....
anything later and you risk being closed out....although if you're staying onsite, i think they guarantee you'll be able to get into something? not sure if the park you want...
i'm sure there's information on the net about it with strategies..

For me it has to be Magic Kingdom for Christmas Eve, finishing off watching the fireworks. Another good alternative is SeaWorld on Christmas Eve, we went last year and booked the preferred seating for all the Christmas shows, and they were all really good especially O Wondorous Night and the ice skating show; really festive.

On Christmas Day (although we tend to avoid a park nowadays) we have been to MK, AK and SW. We had breakfast at Tusker House when we went to AK which was a good start to the day. :goodvibes

I've just come on to post the same things about dinner for Xmas new year, we are there from 15th to the 1St,
Never done xmas and so excited for it.

I'm
We have been a few times at Christmas and was there last year too.

The Townhome we stayed in did have a Christmas tree which the owners said we were more than welcome to use, as long as we put it away before we left. We have bought a small tree on previous stays from Walmart or Target.

Last year for Christmas Dinner we went to Whispering Canyon cafe at Wilderness Lodge. It was a "Holiday Meal" and we all really enjoyed it. We have also been to California Grill a few times (and seen the fireworks too), Citricos and Cinderellas Royal Table. I suppose it depends what you want and how old your children are.

Last year was the first time we have stayed for New Years Eve and we ate At the Yacht and Beach club and then enjoyed the outdoor DJ. They gave out hats and party blowers and there was a good atmosphere. We also got to see fireworks from Epcot and the Studios which was pretty good. Leaving the area wasn't too bad either but it is pretty busy and if you go to a park I can well imagine it will take a while to get back.

If I can answer anything else let me know :goodvibes

Hi I'm thinking of Yachtclub too for dinner,on new years eve,
Did you try and enter the park after at all?
Where was the outside dj?

We was thinking of a late dinner of around 8.30 and then going into the park via the international gateway? Hopefully to enjoy some of the evening there without having to of spent all day in there,
What was the view of the fireworks like if you didn't go in? And stayed at beach club

I've actually stayed at beach club last year for 9 nights,but we didn't see the fireworks from there as always in the parks lol
Thanks

are you staying onsite or off?
xmas day (and probably xmas eve) is one of those days that the parks max out....meaning, they close the parks due to capacity..
i think it's the magic kingdom that mostly has this happen, though i would think this year animal kingdom might max out too...

what does that mean to you?
you need to get to the parks at opening....
anything later and you risk being closed out....although if you're staying onsite, i think they guarantee you'll be able to get into something? not sure if the park you want...
i'm sure there's information on the net about it with strategies..

Thought there hadn't been a full closure full capacity closing for years at Mk?
And that's xmas day only when happened.

By New Year there will be 19 of us aged from 2 to 84. Ideally I'd like to be in EPCOT as that's my favourite park. In previous years there as been a "special event" at La Hacienda de San Angel. It was a bit pricey but it does include a full 5 course dinner and some drinks and would afford us table and chairs and a bit of sanctuary out of the madness that would be going on in the park. The restaurant also looks out over the water so we'd have a great view of the fireworks.

At the moment there has been no release of any NYE events from Disney so yet again everything is crossed that they will hold his event again and I can get a booking for 19 people.

Were also looking at this, trying to work out if we would get a good view of the fireworks, and if the kids would like the food, there 12,12,14 and one is more into basic food lol,
I was going to do the other buffet at showcase pavilion but obviously still have to fight for views of fireworks

Thought there hadn't been a full closure full capacity closing for years at Mk?
And that's xmas day only when happened.

i just checked online - i see there was a "phase b" capacity closing at MK at 11:45 am on december 31, 2016...
but that was only a closing for people with one day tickets and park hoppers who are hopping from another park..
everyone else could get in...

so if you mean full closure that no one gets in, i don't know when the last one was...and in fact, i thought they always let onsite guests in...

continuing from my post above, i just found a phase 4 closure, when no one gets in at all - it occurred on december 31, 2014...
there may have been others.....that one popped up when i did a search...

but even when the magic kingdom reaches one of the lesser closures, it's insanely crowded...

I'm

Hi I'm thinking of Yachtclub too for dinner,on new years eve,
Did you try and enter the park after at all?
Where was the outside dj?

We was thinking of a late dinner of around 8.30 and then going into the park via the international gateway? Hopefully to enjoy some of the evening there without having to of spent all day in there,
What was the view of the fireworks like if you didn't go in? And stayed at beach club

I've actually stayed at beach club last year for 9 nights,but we didn't see the fireworks from there as always in the parks lol
Thanks

We didn't go into the parks but watched the fireworks from the yacht club side, near the bridge that goes over to Swan and Dolphin. I thought it was a good view although you could only see the high fireworks in the sky, but you did see Epcot and the Studio ones.

The DJ was on the grass outside the Boardwalk Inn (behind where the Surrey bike hire is). People were on the grass, some had brought coolers with drinks in or you could buy from the outside stands or the shop at the BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter