A few questions about resort boat rentals

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, I asked this question on the Resort Board a few days ago but didn't get an answer so thought I might be better off posting here........ Heading to the Poly in October and thinking of doing the boat rental.
So, a few questions for anyone who has done this before....

It says that reservations are not required, it's on a first come, first serve basis. Just wondering, if we wanted to make a reservation, which I would definitely like to do, am I able?

We are a family of 6, so it would be either the Boston Whaler , which seats 6, or the Pontoon boat, which seats 10. I'm familiar with the pontoon boats but don't know what the Boston Whaler is.
Thinking we would be better off with the pontoon boat, just more room but would like to get an idea of what the Boston Whaler is before definitely deciding.

Any other questions I should be asking? This looks like fun and we are all into doing this.
By the way, we are a family of 3 adults and 3 teens, so no little ones.
Thanks so much for any information you may have.

Hi, I asked this question on the Resort Board a few days ago but didn't get an answer so thought I might be better off posting here........ Heading to the Poly in October and thinking of doing the boat rental.

It says that reservations are not required, it's on a first come, first serve basis. Just wondering, if we wanted to make a reservation, which I would definitely like to do, am I able?

We are a family of 6, so it would be either the Boston Whaler , which seats 6, or the Pontoon boat, which seats 10. I'm familiar with the pontoon boats but don't know what the Boston Whaler is.
2. Thinking we would be better off with the pontoon boat, just more room but would like to get an idea of what the Boston Whaler is before definitely deciding.

Any other questions I should be asking? This looks like fun and we are all into doing this.
1. Reservations not needed, as you can rent the same kind of boats at any and all of the MK area resorts.
Always plenty of boats due to the large number, in total.
2. Yup, Pontoon.
You'll want to explore both Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon , both connected by the "water bridge" that runs next to the Contemporary.

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

Last edited:

Thinking we would be better off with the pontoon boat, just more room but would like to get an idea of what the Boston Whaler is before definitely deciding.

You won’t want the Boston whaler. It’s a small much narrower boat than the pontoon. It’s a center console boat really designed for fishing and not cruising around. You won’t need reservations.

Not sure where you think you have just posted, but you are on the Resorts Board.
I agree with the others, the pontoon boat will be better. Not only do you not need reservations, you can not make them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter