A foot injury 9 days before our trip!!!

klangl6

Just tryin' to live my best life!
So I just got a phone call that my 13yo niece will now need a wheelchair in all the parks as she has 2 chipped bones in her feet. We leave for the parks in 9 days!! We are doing an after hours event at Universal on Friday and Saturday night and MK on Saturday during the day. She will only need the chair to get around in the parks as she can get out of the chair and wait in the queues if needed (the doctor just doesn't want her to do a lot of walking).

Can anyone recommend a company for wheelchair rental? I feel it would be easier to rent one from an outside company and bring it to and from the parks. She doesn't need the ECV as I have no problem pushing her around in a chair.

Thanks in Advance!

Sorry she’s injured! An ECV isn’t an option for a 13-yr-old anyway. I agree reoffsite is best. Try Walker Mobility or Orlando Medical Rentals for smaller/pediatric sized wheelchairs. Other vendors may have them as well, but those 2 pop to mind as having the smaller size last time i checked.

Enjoy your vacation!

So I just got a phone call that my 13yo niece will now need a wheelchair in all the parks as she has 2 chipped bones in her feet. We leave for the parks in 9 days!! We are doing an after hours event at Universal on Friday and Saturday night and MK on Saturday during the day. She will only need the chair to get around in the parks as she can get out of the chair and wait in the queues if needed (the doctor just doesn't want her to do a lot of walking).

Can anyone recommend a company for wheelchair rental? I feel it would be easier to rent one from an outside company and bring it to and from the parks. She doesn't need the ECV as I have no problem pushing her around in a chair.

Thanks in Advance!
You’re doing orlando informer? You’re gonna love it. There is literally no wait on many/any rides. Maybe with the exception of Hagrids. Everything is walk on.

You’re doing orlando informer? You’re gonna love it. There is literally no wait on many/any rides. Maybe with the exception of Hagrids. Everything is walk on.
We are! We're excited. My best friend went to the last one and absolutely loved it!

We are! We're excited. My best friend went to the last one and absolutely loved it!
I was at the one in December it was great. It’s nice that this time they give you a meal voucher to eat prior to the start. I suggest eating then. We killed an hour eating at the three broomsticks. It was great and saved a ton of money but also killed time doing it. We had no choice we were starving by then. Luckily we only waited 30 min for hagrids. I heard people waited a lot longer. We got into hogsmeade at 7 and went right in. As the night went on we heard the wait was much longer so we were happy we knocked it out real quick. Forbidden journey was a walk on, as was gringotts. The free food is fun. It was great just walking into places and picking up free food.

Update: Orlando Informer is fantastic! I contacted them to see if there would be wheelchairs available for rental since the event is after the park closes to the public. The Customer Service Rep messaged me back and is going to reserve a complementary wheelchair for us for both nights!

Now, I just have to rent 1 during the day at MK. What time does the wheelchair rentals open? We are doing rope drop, so we'll be there first thing in the am!

Update: Orlando Informer is fantastic! I contacted them to see if there would be wheelchairs available for rental since the event is after the park closes to the public. The Customer Service Rep messaged me back and is going to reserve a complementary wheelchair for us for both nights!

Now, I just have to rent 1 during the day at MK. What time does the wheelchair rentals open? We are doing rope drop, so we'll be there first thing in the am!
just remember park rentals can not go out the gate and at MK even if you drive there is no way to pick up by car at gate. so she will have to walk to transportation. I have never had any luck getting a wheelchair in from parking lot or out to parking lot. ps no tram from gate to parking either a walk to ferry dock or up a sloping ramp to monorail

If the park opens at 9, what time will the wheelchair rentals be available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!