A good backpack or crossbody bag for women?

avalon451

Errrr... what?
Ladies, what are y'all wearing to the parks lately? I used to wear a baggallini crossbody, but they don't make that style any more. I know there's plenty of you who swear by your bag.

Thinking about a convertible backpack/ crossbody or sling like this one: https://www.baggallini.com/securtex-anti-theft-convertible-backpack/ANB357-BG-B0968-NS.html

or anything similar. It would also be nice if it was Disney and cute. Also I like ample storage and side pockets.

How much stuff do you like to carry with you? I like my Disney lesportsac kylie crossbody bags -- looks like this, but with a Disney print:https://www.amazon.com/LeSportsac-K...la-649810026713&ref=&adgrpid=67404428336&th=1. These hold a surprising amount of stuff without getting too bulky. And the pockets help keep my things organized. Some people here like the Cleo crossbody, which I think is a little larger. You can find the Disney prints on eBay.

Last edited:
As far as Baggalini, I use this one for sightseeing, especially in the Natl Parks;

https://www.baggallini.com/rfid-messenger-bagg/MEB173-BG-B0422-NS.html

Mine is an older model and the side and front are a bit different, but I like it a lot. I really, really wish that Baggalini would do a collaboration with Disney!!!

LeSportsac did do some really cute Disney bags! I have a couple of them. An Everyday and a Hobo.

But for Disney I carry a Dooney Disney letter carrier. They don't make the one I use anymore, the current letter carriers are either a bit bigger or a bit smaller depending on the model. Mine is approx 9" H x 8" W x 2" D. It doesn't hold a massive amount of stuff, but I travel light at Disney!

Oh Lord, I just realized....I'm a Disney bag junkie!!!

Last edited:
I like the Disney Dooney pouchettes and letter carriers (nylon are more lightweight). They make nylon backpacks too. LeSportsac has some cute Disney bags - I have some hobos and a backpack. And Harvey’s makes Disney hip packs (can be worn crossbody), backpacks and crossbody bags.

I often carry a Kipling bag to DLR. Their Alber convertible bag looks nice and they have a Mary Poppins one.

If anyone is looking at the Kipling Mary Poppins bags, make sure to check Amazon.com to compare the price wth the Kipling site. Sometimes Amazon can be quite a bit cheaper, and the bags ship from Kipling.
ETA: I noticed that some of the Disney bags on the Kipling site are listed as sold out, but they are available (from Kipling!) on Amazon.com.

Last edited:

I usually use a backpack purse. I need to have a light jacket, phone, lip balm, and hat besides the usual things one carries in a purse and I can fit all of that into the standard size purse backpack. I can't do crossbody style very well because it puts too much pressure on my shoulder and neck and I find the backpack style much more comfortable.

However, I discovered on my last trip where it rained quite a bit that my waterproof-looking bag was definitely not. The one thing I will be looking for in my next bag is WATERPROOF!!! I'm thinking of going to a regular small, low-profile hiking backpack.

I like the crossbody sling backpacks. I can also wear it across my front or like a backpack. I like that I can wear it on the front, then I can keep my stuff more secure. I personally have to wear a bag that I can wear. It would drive me insane if I had to carry a bag all day, but apparently we cannot tour the park without having a bag to put stuff in.

This is the bag that I have:

https://www.amazon.com/KAVU-Crossbo...ag&qid=1553363786&s=gateway&sr=8-6&th=1&psc=1

I swear by this Piazza bag from eBags. https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-crossbody-bag--20-wrfid/340526?productid=10553385

I can fit a 16-oz water bottle into the interior pocket and close the whole bag, so it goes everywhere and on every ride. It sits on my side on most rides or on my stomach on a few. It's not too big. I don't like backpack styles because you have to take them off to get to anything or for a ride. The strap adjusts so you can use it both crossbody or as a regular purse.

I have used this bag for travel for about 5 years and it is still in good shape. I loaned it to my sister when she went to London and she liked it so much that she bought one too.

PHXscuba

I use a cross body nylon Baggalini I bought from TJMaxx or Marshall's for $20. It's not "waterproof" (as it got a bit damp from Splash), but it's lightweight (unlike my heavy leather work handbags) and has 2 zippered compartments. It can't hold as much as I'm used to in my daily work bags, so I really pared it down. I have my iPhone, DD9's epi-pen, sunscreen, Kleenex, and lip gloss in the main compartment, while our DLR tickets, a credit card, and our room key are in a smaller zippered compartment. I still bring a large "travel purse" with me to serve as a personal item on the plane but I switch to the Baggalini once we arrive at DLR.

When we used to bring a stroller, I'd bring a first aid kit, multiple refillable water bottles, snacks, jackets, etc. Now, I tend to buy snacks in the park (Churros and Dole Whips!) and don't bring jackets/extra clothes. We just go back to our hotel after lunch and after dinner to change as needed (e.g., after Splash, or when weather changes, like on our trip earlier this month where it was 50s in the morning and evening but 70s in the mid-afternoon!).

As far as Baggalini, I use this one for sightseeing, especially in the Natl Parks;

https://www.baggallini.com/rfid-messenger-bagg/MEB173-BG-B0422-NS.html

Mine is an older model and the side and front are a bit different, but I like it a lot. I really, really wish that Baggalini would do a collaboration with Disney!!!

Ok, that's very similar to an older model I carried 11 years ago, but a few more handy pockets. I like it.

This one looks really good, too.

I was looking at all the adorable Loungefly ones, but they look a little small.

I am drooling over the Dooney & Bourke ones, as I always have, but they're just... so... expensive... for a special Disney bag. I mean, I carry a nice handbag on a daily basis, last few years it's been Kate Spade, but it's always in basic colors.

I try not to carry too much stuff, but I have learned to bring cheap light flip flops along if we're going to be riding Splash or GRR, so I can swap them out for my tennies. Going back in the evening I like having a fleece or a light sweatshirt, if the weather indicates. Other than that, it's the usual small stuff-- bottle of water, sunscreen, a thin wallet to hold park passes, room key, I.D. and one credit card. Moleskin for blisters. A small baggie of almonds and/or a protein bar or two in case of hypoglycemia or the "hangries."

Also the last few times I've been toting along a wide-brimmed crushable hat. It looks really stupid, but boy, is it nice for keeping the sun off my head and out of my eyes. And I can just stuff it into my bag inside or on rides.

Great ideas here! Thank you. Please keep them coming!

Ok, that's very similar to an older model I carried 11 years ago, but a few more handy pockets. I like it.

This one looks really good, too.

I am drooling over the Dooney & Bourke ones, as I always have, but they're just... so... expensive... for a special Disney bag. I mean, I carry a nice handbag on a daily basis, last few years it's been Kate Spade, but it's always in basic colors.

I try not to carry too much stuff, but I have learned to bring cheap light flip flops along if we're going to be riding Splash or GRR, so I can swap them out for my tennies. Going back in the evening I like having a fleece or a light sweatshirt, if the weather indicates. Other than that, it's the usual small stuff-- bottle of water, sunscreen, a thin wallet to hold park passes, room key, I.D. and one credit card. Moleskin for blisters. A small baggie of almonds and/or a protein bar or two in case of hypoglycemia or the "hangries."

Also the last few times I've been toting along a wide-brimmed crushable hat. It looks really stupid, but boy, is it nice for keeping the sun off my head and out of my eyes. And I can just stuff it into my bag inside or on rides.

Great ideas here! Thank you. Please keep them coming!

I almost exclusively use my Disney bags everyday. People may judge but I don’t care!

I love that the Loungefly backpacks are small. They make me pack what I need. They fit a water bottle, wallet, chapstick, lotion, sanitizer, charger, etc. If I have a jacket, it goes around my waist..even my winter down coat. It isn't heavy or anything. I generally only do the water rides in the summer, and will just wear sandals.

I really want a Dooney & Bourke bag, but I'm scared it will start an addiction lol. Just like with the Loungefly ones... I have 2, but currently want like 6 more lol :rolleyes1
I have a few Kate Spade bags as as well (see, purse addiction, lol), but they aren't very functional to me. So I haven't brought them in a few years.

I love that the Loungefly backpacks are small. They make me pack what I need. They fit a water bottle, wallet, chapstick, lotion, sanitizer, charger, etc. If I have a jacket, it goes around my waist..even my winter down coat. It isn't heavy or anything. I generally only do the water rides in the summer, and will just wear sandals.

I really want a Dooney & Bourke bag, but I'm scared it will start an addiction lol. Just like with the Loungefly ones... I have 2, but currently want like 6 more lol :rolleyes1
I have a few Kate Spade bags as as well (see, purse addiction, lol), but they aren't very functional to me. So I haven't brought them in a few years.

It will definitely start an addiction!!! Speaking from experience...

Unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be) I've amassed a bit of a collection of Disney bags (Dooney, Vera, LeSportsac) but I do use them pretty much all the time. They're cute and well made, so why not show my Disney Pride? Well, except for the upcoming few months, when I proudly carry my LA Dodgers Dooney!

Other than that, it's the usual small stuff-- bottle of water, sunscreen, a thin wallet to hold park passes, room key, I.D. and one credit card. Moleskin for blisters. A small baggie of almonds and/or a protein bar or two in case of hypoglycemia or the "hangries."

One of the best purchases I ever made was a Vera Zip ID. It's thinner than the thinnest wallet and there's enough room for cash and a bit of change as well as my driver's license, hotel key, hopper, & 2 credit cards with a bit of room to spare. It has a ring on it that I hook on the key lanyard of my Disney Dooney. No more worry about a dropped or forgotten wallet. And as much as I hate to think it, someone pinching it out of my purse. I don't use it every day, but it's great when I want to conserve space.

The one I have is the 'iconic zip ID'. But that Jen looks pretty good, too! Hmm.....I may be considering a new purchase! They used to have Veras in Disney patterns, but looks like they've gone to 'Neverland'.

https://www.verabradley.com/us/browse/accessories/ids-and-lanyards-4116250869

Coach has similar, but I don't like mine as well as the Vera. It's stiff and doesn't expand like the Vera does so you can't get as much in it.

I always carry one of my smaller Dooney Bags. And yes, buying one does start an addiction. But what a cute, fun addiction.

I personally have to carry a cross body bag because I don't like to take a backpack off every time I get on a ride.

I always carry one of my smaller Dooney Bags. And yes, buying one does start an addiction. But what a cute, fun addiction.

I personally have to carry a cross body bag because I don't like to take a backpack off every time I get on a ride.

Totally!!

Me too on the backpack, that's why I carry the Dooney letter carrier. BUT I bought a Disney Jansport backpack that I use as a 'locker bag' if I'm not staying at the Grand. I stash my 'supplies' and then rent a locker to stash the backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter