A good backpack or crossbody bag for women?

I've been using the small backpacks made by Loungefly. They are big enough to hold a bottle or two of water but not so big that you are carrying the world with you. Upside too, you can get a Disney design. Here's a search on amazon that includes a ton of Disney themed backpacks. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=loungefly+backpack&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I've been thinking about getting one of these so that I can carry a little more in the parks, but are they clumsy to deal with on rides? My "park purse" has always been the comparatively small Lesportsac Kasey bag, but if I want to bring in snacks, I really don't have a comfortable amount of room in the bag, plus a bottle of water is out of the question.

I've been thinking about getting one of these so that I can carry a little more in the parks, but are they clumsy to deal with on rides? My "park purse" has always been the comparatively small Lesportsac Kasey bag, but if I want to bring in snacks, I really don't have a comfortable amount of room in the bag, plus a bottle of water is out of the question.

I didn't find it clumsy at all on rides. I like to loop one of the straps around my leg and put the pack between my legs at my feet. I am able to do that just fine. My daughter was too with hers.

I didn't find it clumsy at all on rides. I like to loop one of the straps around my leg and put the pack between my legs at my feet. I am able to do that just fine. My daughter was too with hers.

Thank you for the feedback!

This thread is downright dangerous! There are just too many cute Disney bags out there now. So... to continue this thread in a related direction: D23 Expo is coming up this summer and finding a sturdy, practical, cute (!! Bonus points for super cute !!) bag for long days in the ACC has been added to my to-do list. I have the same bag I've used for the past two Expos, but a new bag wouldn't be amiss. Are people using their parks bags or something different for Expo??

I'm a big fan on the Harveys Disneyland 60th Anniversary Poster Totes for the Expo - they are roomy and comfortable (they have very nice shoulder straps and a crossbody strap).

Ooooh, ooooh, I just got my loungefly yesterday, and it’s so stinkin’ cute! My daughters are all like, “Ok, we’re going to need a Loungefly, too.” Here’s a pic with a water bottle for scale.

upload_2019-3-28_14-25-37.png

Ooooh, ooooh, I just got my loungefly yesterday, and it’s so stinkin’ cute! My daughters are all like, “Ok, we’re going to need a Loungefly, too.” Here’s a pic with a water bottle for scale.

View attachment 391310

I actually ordered the ewoks one from amazon this afternoon!

I did think about buying one in the park in February, but I didn't love the versions they currently have on the shelves, but I LOVE the ewoks one!

I actually ordered the ewoks one from amazon this afternoon!

I did think about buying one in the park in February, but I didn't love the versions they currently have on the shelves, but I LOVE the ewoks one!

So this came yesterday and I think I'm going to love it. The straps seem comfy and, though the bag is small, it seems like it will hold quite a bit! Plus, just LOOK at it!

file_f6cfcbf7.jpg

I myself would bring a Herschel fanny/hip pack. I'd fit my phone, wallet, ID, sunscreen, handcream and charger. Having both hands free is so awesome.
My boyfriend would bring a gym style drawstring sackpack and carry water bottles, souviniers and heavier items.

It’s been a few years since visiting DLR...is there a no bag line? I’ll for sure be trying to go without if it speeds up morning security.

View attachment 391310
Today I went to the outlet mall near us, looking for the perfect thin wallet or car holder we were discussing earlier in this thread. I really love the Kate Spade Minnie cardholder:
MinnieWallet.jpg
but I wanted a zip pocket for change, etc. and anyway the outlet didn't have it, of course. So, we went to the Kate Spade outlet and found the perfect cardholder with a zip around pocket, still very slim, AND it matches my summer purse. And, it was on sale for 60% off! So I got it for like $32. I love it!

Wallet1.jpg Wallet2.jpg Wallet3.jpg Wallet4.jpg

I have a small Kipling backpack I use. Similar in size to those Loungefly backpacks. Mine might be a little bigger. Anyway, I love it. It is big enough for my packable jacket, water bottle, 2 epipens plus inhaler, my wallet which is actually a small bag that I keep powder, lipstick, gloss in too, and a few snacks. My oldest daughter usually brings a really small backpack for her packable jacket, bottled water and little wallet. My youngest sometimes brings an even smaller backpack for her water bottle and a snack. If she doesn’t than I put her water bottle and snack in my backpack too. I’m so happy we are out of the stroller phase and we can make do with 1 small backpack and 1 x-small backpack. The only downside to my backpack is it has a ton of pockets so getting through security is a little bit of a pain but I love it the rest of the day when everything is so organized.

Are there security concerns (i.e. pickpockets) with wearing a backpack in the parks? A lot of you have mentioned wearing backpacks, so it can't be that much of a risk...or it is?

Are there security concerns (i.e. pickpockets) with wearing a backpack in the parks? A lot of you have mentioned wearing backpacks, so it can't be that much of a risk...or it is?
Only speaking for myself but I have gone to the park plenty of times with a backpack and have never had a problem while I was wearing it. Just make sure everything is zipped! I see tons of people with designer backpacks also- whether that is smart or not I can't speak to...

Last edited:
This is what i've been concerned about which is why I carry a crossbody, but a TON of people carry backpacks so it can't be THAT much of a concern, can it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter