A good backpack or crossbody bag for women?

Are there any rides where small backpacks, crossbody bags, or waist/fanny packs are not allowed? I'm more familiar with Universal where there are a handful of rides where those things are a hard NO. I want to avoid locker use like the plague.

Are there any rides where small backpacks, crossbody bags, or waist/fanny packs are not allowed? I'm more familiar with Universal where there are a handful of rides where those things are a hard NO. I want to avoid locker use like the plague.
No, you can take bags on. I can't think of a time I even felt worried about having a bag or backpack on. There are no rides where you are obligated to use lockers.

Reactions: EmJ

I believe standard size backpacks and bags are allowed on all rides. Not sure about oversized or odd sized bags. I know at MHP, where odd sized props are not unusual, it is up to the discretion of the CM whether you can take the prop on the ride. Often the CM just asks that you leave the prop on the loading platform where it will be put in a safe place until you return. The only rides I can think of where backpacks might cause any kind of problem are IC, IJA, and GRR. For IC and IJA, make sure that your bag is securely attached to you in some way -- I place my leg or arm through one of the straps so that the backpack/bag cannot fly out. There was an incident a few years ago when someone's backpack fell out of the vehicle on the loop in CS (now the IC). That stopped the ride and shut it down for over a day. Would have been so easily prevented had the guy just put his leg through one of the shoulder straps. For GRR, there are lockers if you want to use them. Or you can get a free plastic bag at the gift shop before riding to protect your bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmJ
Are there security concerns (i.e. pickpockets) with wearing a backpack in the parks? A lot of you have mentioned wearing backpacks, so it can't be that much of a risk...or it is?
The reports I've heard about haven't dealt so much with pockets of bags/backpacks, but with actual back pockets of clothing. (Gentlemen, watch your wallets during fireworks!) Theft can occur with things that are openly left out on tables, e.g. tickets, wallets, phones, etc. (My sister's tickets got stolen off a table at Plaza Inn.) Diaper bags get stolen, especially when it is obvious that there are valuables (e.g. phone, camera, wallet, etc.) inside. But I haven't really heard about pickpockets targeting the pockets on bags or backpacks (unless, maybe, the pockets were left unzipped). That said, it pays to be careful in any busy, crowded place, at DLR or any place else.

Today I went to the outlet mall near us, looking for the perfect thin wallet or car holder we were discussing earlier in this thread. I really love the Kate Spade Minnie cardholder:
View attachment 396928
but I wanted a zip pocket for change, etc. and anyway the outlet didn't have it, of course. So, we went to the Kate Spade outlet and found the perfect cardholder with a zip around pocket, still very slim, AND it matches my summer purse. And, it was on sale for 60% off! So I got it for like $32. I love it!

View attachment 396929 View attachment 396931 View attachment 396932 View attachment 396930

Kate Spade stuff is SO cute and well made! I have two purses and I think I'm asking my DH for one of the cute Minnie ones for my birthday this summer.

Okay, sorry to revive an ‘old’ thread but thought I’d search before making a post.

I bought an adorable Disney Loungefly Stitch mini backpack from Hot Topic but didn’t realize (silly me) until we got home that’s it’s a much lesser quality than the higher priced ones. Which normally wouldn’t bother me but the straps are cheap thin nylon making me wonder if they wouldn’t be comfy.

Anyone ever tried the Hot Topic version? Should I return and splurge for the real deal? I can’t decide.

For reference here’s a pic of the straps. Seem fine wearing around the house but all day in the parks...?

Attachments

• 57CC87B2-258F-45ED-9875-784ED3FF2138.jpeg
    57CC87B2-258F-45ED-9875-784ED3FF2138.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 12
I alternate between two bags depending on who is in my group. It comes down to how much I may need to hold. If I'm expected to hold a few things, I opt for my Dakine Mission Snowboard Carry Backpack which is pretty spacious. I also am able to slip a blanket or plushie into the "snowboard" front which makes handling bulky items easier. If I don't need to hold a bunch of stuff, then I use a waist/thigh pack, which really helps if I want to get on rides with ease.

Neither are really typical, but they get the job done.

Dakine: https://www.amazon.com/Dakine-Womens-Mission-Ergonomic-Backpack/dp/B01ITYG7VY/ref=sr_1_1
Waist/Thigh Bag: https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Durable-Outdoor-Practical-Tactics/dp/B077TXGK23/ref=sr_1_3

Anyone ever tried the Hot Topic version? Should I return and splurge for the real deal? I can’t decide.

For reference here’s a pic of the straps. Seem fine wearing around the house but all day in the parks...?

I'd be reluctant to wear a bag all day in the park that didn't have padded straps. I used a Kipling Seoul Small backpack and it's pretty comfy and roomy. I have a dark blue one, but I'm pretty tempted by the Disney patterns.

https://www.kipling-usa.com/seoul-g...4&colorid=414#uuid=dd1639ee1942d137f9744af187

I'd be reluctant to wear a bag all day in the park that didn't have padded straps

It’s funny because I have a perfectly adequate crossbody purse I like to take to the parks but the Stitch design on this won me over. But you’re probably right that the lack of padded straps could be uncomfortable.

Maybe I should just take the dive and splurge on the real deal.

I used to use a the with purchase Disney backpack but it was really too big. Last trip I moved to a jansack style backpack just 2 pockets. I did just buy a Kavu bag - I like it because it's smaller but also becuase can easily get in and out of it with out taking it off. it also has an accessory iphone patch that goes on front.
I haven't tested it at Disney but I have worn it to a full all day events and it's worked out great.

here's the bag https://kavu.com/collections/rope-bag-line/products/paxton-pack?variant=12113503092807
This is the cell phone holder - it can probably be used on other bags https://kavu.com/collections/rope-bag-line/products/phone-booth

Okay, sorry to revive an ‘old’ thread but thought I’d search before making a post.

I bought an adorable Disney Loungefly Stitch mini backpack from Hot Topic but didn’t realize (silly me) until we got home that’s it’s a much lesser quality than the higher priced ones. Which normally wouldn’t bother me but the straps are cheap thin nylon making me wonder if they wouldn’t be comfy.

That's a cute bag! I bought the ewoks Loungefly backpack for my next park visit and the straps do seem to be comfier than this would be, but if you're not loading your backpack down with heavy stuff, I'd think it would be fine.

Hmmm, is there anyway to add some padding to the straps? If you could find some coordinating quilted material it wouldn't be hard to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts