A great weekend of Disney food! Pleasantly surprised! Beaches n Cream, Cinderella’s Royal Table, and more.

RN_Mama_inFL

I’m here for the snacks
We just got back from a long weekend and wanted to share some positive dining experiences! I was a little worried after reading some bad things about the places we booked but we were pleasantly surprised with every single one! Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures of food though.

We were staying at Poly so dinner one night was a trip to Grand Floridian for our ADR at GF Cafe. This meal was awesome. The drinks were really well made. We got a couple Blood Orange margaritas and they hit the spot. For our meals we got the Shrimp n Grits and the NY Strip. Both were amazing! Service here was really good too.
4D73214B-E163-4751-AF35-9C26209DD83F.jpeg

We also ate dinner at Beaches n Cream because it was my daughters birthday and she loves ice cream! A lot of reviews were pretty negative but we had no complaints! My husband said it was the best Reuben he has had in a long time. Sure the burger was nothing special but it was still good. And the sundae was awesome. We got the Fudge Mud Slide. B968574B-A589-474D-A9A6-F847E1BFB22A.jpeg

And our breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table was also really good. Yes I agree that there really should be more princess interaction either with Cinderella through the dining room or multiple princesses. But the food was great. We probably wouldn’t go again unless for a special occasion. The Beef Tenderloin and Egg was amazing.

Lastly- not an ADR but from quick service: because we were at the Poly we ate at Capt. Cook’s a few times. I’ll just say we were only there 3 days and we ordered the Pulled Pork Nachos 4 times!!!! Soooo good!!!

Glad to hear GFC NY strip is recommended as we have an upcoming ADR and that is both our first choice for entree :D

So glad you had a wonderful trip. It's so funny how relative and personal dining experiences can be on the board and I always try to take negative reviews with a grain of salt - not that I don't believe the poster, but because there are so many variables that go into a good dining experience that it's hard for one review to be the end all, be all. I'm glad you enjoyed. We love Beaches + Cream; last there in Feb and will be back again next Feb. I agree that there have been lots of bad reviews on this place. I feel like as long as you go in with expectations that it's a diner with ice cream and nothing more than that, I feel like it's hard for it to be a bad experience... but who knows!

Enjoyed your reviews. I recently went to Beaches & Cream on our last 2 trips. Both times got the Ruben. I thought it was very good. The blood orange margaritas are right up my alley. they look delish.

We were very pleasantly surprised by Beaches & Cream. DH has long gotten ice cream at the window, but we'd never eaten a meal there until last trip.

They did a wonderful job with my gluten-free, dairy-free combo. Had a delicious turkey sandwich on surprisingly good g-f bread. Even the fake ice cream was very good.

GF Cafe has long been a favorite of ours. I dearly hope their apple crisp with coconut milk ice cream is still on the menu for our trip next year. That's one of the few desserts I can have that seems normal--and is YUMMY.

Glad you enjoyed these three. We always book CRT--for the food. It's gotten many undeserved bad reviews, we think.

We were very pleasantly surprised by Beaches & Cream. DH has long gotten ice cream at the window, but we'd never eaten a meal there until last trip.

They did a wonderful job with my gluten-free, dairy-free combo. Had a delicious turkey sandwich on surprisingly good g-f bread. Even the fake ice cream was very good.

GF Cafe has long been a favorite of ours. I dearly hope their apple crisp with coconut milk ice cream is still on the menu for our trip next year. That's one of the few desserts I can have that seems normal--and is YUMMY.

Glad you enjoyed these three. We always book CRT--for the food. It's gotten many undeserved bad reviews, we think.
My DH has food allergies and he is gluten free and dairy free. Would you consider posting about your favorite eats at WDW??? It would probably be very helpful to people like DH. Thanks for the dessert option at GF Cafe :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter