A (2019) HalloXmas trip to Asia - Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo! - COMPLETED 5/1!!!

And then it was time for Mickey’s Halloween Street Party, a mini parade/dance party. I ended up finding a shady spot on the curb mid-way down the street.

IB5mDPD.jpg
5Ijo7AR.jpg
8X2bDN4.jpg

Jester/King Mickey!

Dii7fz3.jpg
cM0BO2T.jpg
nKzaq1B.jpg
KIE5Qx2.jpg
E1engdS.jpg
8BHXL2B.jpg

I’m sure Donald was not happy he didn’t have a float!

c0ZwLao.jpg

Princess Masquerade Minnie

w8VYbGz.jpg
VA6xBDu.jpg
oSNUmJg.jpg
dZbw5TR.jpg

Duffy, Gelatoni, and Shellie Mae were so cute! I wish they met in their Halloween costumes too!

QNiShds.jpg
oui2IJm.jpg
PLRopDe.jpg
cCtpxtL.jpg

Goofy was representing trick or treat

yRBOzVi.jpg
kCZQXGs.jpg
kzeNDfV.jpg

A cute little Halloween offering. I think at times they bring people in costume up to join with them during the parade stop/dance. But I didn’t see that this time around. I’m sure the CMs working on the floats are in pain, since they are basically in the hot sun for extended periods of time! I would prefer a proper Halloween Parade though!

Coming up: more rides in the afternoon

Oh, my gosh, all the merch options, Lesley, seriously!!! How did you not go completely broke!?!

I really like all the Halloween decor, especially in TSL. What an awesome idea to incorporate Sid's toys there. I SO wish they'd do something like that at WDW.....and then I wish I could actually visit during the season to see them LOL

Such cute Halloween decorations! And of course I'm drooling over the merch pics!!

The Street party looks adorable!

Oh, my gosh, all the merch options, Lesley, seriously!!! How did you not go completely broke!?!

I really like all the Halloween decor, especially in TSL. What an awesome idea to incorporate Sid's toys there. I SO wish they'd do something like that at WDW.....and then I wish I could actually visit during the season to see them LOL
Haha, yeah I probably went a bit broke! Also, I just got so overwhelmed at times I had to walk away!
Such cute Halloween decorations! And of course I'm drooling over the merch pics!!

The Street party looks adorable!
The street party was cute!

Part 9 Back to Tomorrow!

Now that I had some free time, I decided to go back to Tomorrowland for a couple Marvel rides. I did love HKDL how I could be so impulsive and just do what I wanted without worrying about long lines!

First, Ant-Man and the Wasp Nano Battle

V95TCNS.jpg
mrhinii.jpg
Bnbw9jR.jpg

Some more merch offerings

OwywCbf.jpg
4tZMYDJ.jpg
XrCM8TH.jpg
XN1rYhG.jpg
rQYnkHZ.jpg

Then, a ride with Iron Man! This time with photos!

twvTNqZ.jpg
GP6DrlJ.jpg
xj5ohci.jpg
EZiwDRo.jpg
waSrkMJ.jpg
8YvoWiV.jpg
O4ik9Re.jpg
xeOFYWS.jpg
Y7jcxqQ.jpg
c4VxWlo.jpg
v2a3YhU.jpg
pHq0T5p.jpg

The idea is Iron Man has made several large robots for helping with certain tasks.

YSHPufC.jpg

Firefighting

mRnkVz4.jpg

Underwater

VwQX8Q8.jpg

Construction

n57dZtc.jpg

Space

AtsWAKT.jpg

And I believe transport, which is what we would be using to get a tour and demonstration of the robots abilities

BOa9Qf8.jpg

Loading room.

zwQODLY.jpg

On the transport; I liked how comfortable the chairs were – a lot better than Star Tours!

ijkNUzh.jpg
oav7ezH.jpg
92tDG83.jpg
JTnz6e2.jpg

I took a couple photos on-ride, but remember it was 3D.

The Castle of Magical Dreams

XYBAZhu.jpg

Flying into Hong Kong

pu6TGH2.jpg
kol2EXH.jpg
y7AYPU1.jpg
fadXtgk.jpg
ZUGPLQ0.jpg
EaHWkVP.jpg

Oh no – there’s an issue. Gotta disturb Iron Man from his Meet & Greet at HKDL

WldA19s.jpg
GqClao8.jpg
MQFFY1V.jpg

After a battle, Iron Man tows us back to Disneyland! Even over the Explorer’s Lodge!

dGaF1Oj.jpg
KpI7Sen.jpg
NRHtzWf.jpg
UCd6F04.jpg
EIMiqsj.jpg
hnGBPLO.jpg

I walked a bit around Tomorrowland. I loved the BB-8 snack cart, though didn’t get anything there.

Icj9AVu.jpg

In the Hyperspace Mountain dump shop they had so many of these little cars!

kiyM67a.jpg
1H20k12.jpg
r7gd5dT.jpg
qxZIeFZ.jpg
ixElwmg.jpg
Kb2XcK3.jpg
kaPsPkP.jpg

They do have Jedi Training Trials of the Temple. I think it happened a bit while I was standing nearby, but I can’t remember what language it was in!

Zuy3YoK.jpg

For dinner I decided to eat at the Starliner Diner, which is sort of Marvel themed. (Though the inside must not have been that impressive as I didn’t take any photos.)

SjveNWz.jpg

I got the fried chicken, which was pretty good. I also appreciated the disposable glove to keep my hands from getting greasy!

x7XxLqv.jpg
oHCiMoF.jpg

For dessert I got an Ant-Man Chocolate Ice Cream Cone, which was good, but pretty basic prepared cone!

T2hQsIG.jpg
Rmxhmpi.jpg

After dinner, I decided to get in a couple more runs on Nano Battle!

okrrjES.jpg
sFVV0VB.jpg
F7rUDs5.jpg
Aq1tBt7.jpg

Before leaving Tomorrowland I checked out the X-Wing, which is in the outdoor queue area for Hyperspace Mountain (I think at the basically unused Fastpass area)

fbcNEpN.jpg

One thing in Tomorrowland I didn’t do was Meet Iron Man. Hong Kong is the only place he meets so it would have been cool, but did have a decent line and it just wasn’t important for me to do. I think since they reopened they have actually introduced Ant-Man and the Wasp to the meet and greets (though from a distance), which is super cool!

Coming up: Fantasyland in the evening

Honestly if I was in HKDL as long as you were, I'd be all over the Marvel stuff so no shame in just doing whatever over there. The Iron Man Experience looks way cooler than I thought it would be and I would DIE to meet him. I think at this point him, Captain Marvel and Hawkeye are the only two Marvel characters I've yet to meet that have had meets at some point (I need to get back to DCA ASAP for Miss Danvers). And if you're right about Ant-Man and the Wasp... them too. Gosh, I need to catch up.

All that Starlite Diner food looks delish. Definitely making note of that.

The merch looks so fun, do we get to see a pic of your haul? Iron man looks cool- I watched the marvel movies pretty much to prepare for HKDL lol!

And yes, I loved the color blind casting!

Ooooh I really love color blind casting!!! :lovestruc But seriously, I think that's so cool and I'm glad to see Disney parks start doing that.

Looooving your TR, and now I really want to visit Hong Kong Disneyland and fly business class. I'd fly in a tin can, though, if it meant I could travel again! I had more quotes, but they got lost.

In the Hyperspace Mountain dump shop they had so many of these little cars!
And you've officially found where Jimmy would have spent all MY money! :) He LOVES to collect cars, still, even though he doesn't play with them much anymore. We have quite a few from WDW and others we've picked up here and there at the Disney Store, but that display would have done him in!!! I can literally hear him begging, "But we don't have THAT one!"

I'm really enjoying your report. It looks like you had a fabulous vacation.

My one visit to HKDL was in October 2013, and my goal was to ride Mystic Manor. I loved it so much! I did buy the music box despite having to lug it through HK and Manila. It still makes me smile to see it on my bookshelf.

Back then, they were already passing out free candies and stickers. I'm glad they still do it.

Lol, on the giant grilled squid. I think I bought two packets. I shared one with my park companions and brought one for family. It's like beef jerky to me and I remember enjoying it.

Thank you for sparking some memories.

Honestly if I was in HKDL as long as you were, I'd be all over the Marvel stuff so no shame in just doing whatever over there. The Iron Man Experience looks way cooler than I thought it would be and I would DIE to meet him. I think at this point him, Captain Marvel and Hawkeye are the only two Marvel characters I've yet to meet that have had meets at some point (I need to get back to DCA ASAP for Miss Danvers). And if you're right about Ant-Man and the Wasp... them too. Gosh, I need to catch up.

All that Starlite Diner food looks delish. Definitely making note of that.
I did like the Iron Man Experience more than I thought I would! I get motion sick in star tours but didn't have issues with Iron Man.
The merch looks so fun, do we get to see a pic of your haul? Iron man looks cool- I watched the marvel movies pretty much to prepare for HKDL lol!
I am always so bad at taking "haul" photos! I know I took some at the end, maybe when I was unpacking at home, but I don't think I got everything, lol!
Ooooh I really love color blind casting!!! :lovestruc But seriously, I think that's so cool and I'm glad to see Disney parks start doing that.

Looooving your TR, and now I really want to visit Hong Kong Disneyland and fly business class. I'd fly in a tin can, though, if it meant I could travel again! I had more quotes, but they got lost.
Yeah, Let's Get Wicked and Frozen at Hyperion are great with the color blind casting!

Haha, yeah I'd fly in anything now a days!
And you've officially found where Jimmy would have spent all MY money! :) He LOVES to collect cars, still, even though he doesn't play with them much anymore. We have quite a few from WDW and others we've picked up here and there at the Disney Store, but that display would have done him in!!! I can literally hear him begging, "But we don't have THAT one!"
For some reason I thought he would like those! They were all so cute!
Love all the Marvel themed things! Ant Man is my secret favorite, so I'd love to meet him!
I know! And I love a strong woman superhero, so I'd love to see her!
I'm really enjoying your report. It looks like you had a fabulous vacation.

My one visit to HKDL was in October 2013, and my goal was to ride Mystic Manor. I loved it so much! I did buy the music box despite having to lug it through HK and Manila. It still makes me smile to see it on my bookshelf.

Back then, they were already passing out free candies and stickers. I'm glad they still do it.

Lol, on the giant grilled squid. I think I bought two packets. I shared one with my park companions and brought one for family. It's like beef jerky to me and I remember enjoying it.

Thank you for sparking some memories.
It was a crazy vacation! That's great you got the music box! I still wish I had it!

Haha, glad you like the squid! Most people seemed to like it - it's just so weird to me! (I like fried calimari, but just the circles...the tentacles remind me too much it's an animal!)

Sorry for another delay in posting. It's been... a week! I'm sure you have heard about the fires in California/Oregon, and one of them happens to be in the hills above our house. We've been in the evacuation warning zone for the past week, which is pretty stressful just waiting if they lose control of the fire. But we have essentials and sentimental things packed/taken to storage, just in case we have to leave. They are working nonstop on fighting the fire at the line that is coming towards our house, so hopefully it won't come down to it. I'm not going to freak you out with some of the photos (if you are friends with me on instagram or facebook, I'm sure you've seen them). So, anyways, I just haven't felt up to even turning on the computer or being on it more than I have to! But I'm back to posting and want to continue on with this report!

Part 10 – Fantasy in the Dark!

Thankfully tonight the park was open much later (well 9:30 as opposed to 7:30 the night before). I decided to check out the small world light show, which was super cool! Simple but effective.

qe74sdq.jpg
WOAnlCx.jpg
U5nugjb.jpg
G31Fq0i.jpg
fFgDbLt.jpg
9aRzetJ.jpg
bNiqUoQ.jpg

I wish we had more light shows at the version in Disneyland (Paris and Tokyo could also do it)! The Christmas lighting is pretty amazing and the front is projection mapped for the fireworks and nightly Christmas shows, but it could be cool to have something year-round!

Honestly it was cool seeing the ride with the mountain backdrop!

6iBarLS.jpg

I then headed over to the Fairytale Forest, which thankfully, was still open! I liked seeing the lights as well as better view of the little dioramas, as the glass provided a lot of reflections during the day.

oa3FTey.jpg

Rapunzel (I recommend sound on for the video because the ending sound effects are pretty funny)

qnglapQ.jpg
jBkUxn8.jpg
022PD7i.jpg

Snow White. I guess I didn't take many photos of this one!

QnJsWP2.jpg

Beauty and the Beast

Phv4jHq.jpg
eYmSFaL.jpg
xnsjJrS.jpg
Kzo5UMb.jpg

Cinderella

bjC3KAs.jpg

Pixie Hollow

15BLPcu.jpg
fBqsnrr.jpg
XHMyB7X.jpg

Little Mermaid

AQibtVj.jpg
Z3XjW5f.jpg
v494Xk2.jpg

Into Toy Story Land, which I actually encountered some crowds! Also decent lines for rides (first time I saw a length exceeding 30 minutes), though I didn’t care about going on any of these. (Remember this was actually a Friday night so locals were out visiting.)

ByvqyWH.jpg

One thing that was cool was just the darkness in the surroundings. Remember, HKDL is on an island and surrounded by water or mountains! Very cool feeling there at night!

voDdhqI.jpg
h2iJ863.jpg
3SYN2EL.jpg
JFoIiTU.jpg

Coming up: More times on my favorite rides!

HKDL at night looks awesome. The mountains really add to the photos.

So sorry you're living with so much stress. I pray the fires stay away.

So scary what you are going through! Hoping for the best for you :hug:

IASW looks so pretty at night!

Love the pics of Fairtytale Forest!

I can't even imagine having that in your backyard!!! YIKES!!!! :scared1: Praying that they can keep it under control... 🙏

HKDL looks cool at night!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!