A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

I'm totally okay with that. I mean... if 38" is safe... I'm pretty sure 37.5" is gonna be safe too. There must be some wiggle room there.

Once again we agree.

I'd agree with that. I also love "Hi Ho!" And sing it every time.

I love that song too. We love to sing along.

Well... sure. Who doesn't. :rolleyes1

Some like her more than others.

Which might be a bit problematic this trip.

Oh yes. I'm sure they are doing lots of anti bac and washing.

Cool shot, Vanessa. I've never seen that before.

Thank you! Next time you ride look up when you get inside the building. I think it was in a room right before you get to loading area. I know we saw it when we did stand by.

I like her already.

I'll pass that on.

Never really had the urge to see it.

Me either, but when you have little ones things are done differently, and I know you have done this before too.

mmmm… those little suckers are good!

Yes they are. I read you can get them at Westward HO now, it just opened this week. Michelle told me they got some on Friday for JP.

:rotfl2: Again only something we did for JP.

Is that Dole? Or Citrus Swirl?

I asked and she never answered.

October Trip Update

Thanks to all the uncertainty with everything, we have another change for our up coming trip. I saw the news on Monday that some resort openings had been changed and of course Art of Animations had been pushed back to November 1st. Later that day I got the official email that it would not be open when we were scheduled to be there. I was disappointed, we were looking forward to staying there for the first time but also a little excited. Where would be going next? I did not call right away to have it changed but sat back and read what I could on the boards to see what everyone else was doing. My resort stay started at Allstar Movies, a value resort and least expensive resort. Anything we might be changed to would be a step up, even Pop would be a step up. I did feel Pop would be a step down from AOA but still better than what I had actually paid for. Most people who had LM section of AOA were getting Pop or CBR. I was good with either of those but my main concern was getting Michelle added and it not costing me an additional $300. The more I though about it the madder I got. Why should I have to pay so much more? I'm perfectly ok with paying the normal up-charge for adding a third adult. If my reservation had stayed at Movies that would be all I would have to pay. It wasn't my doing that the reservation had to be moved. This was going to be our second move plus I had had a cancelled reservation in April. It had crossed my mind that if I could not get Michelle added without a huge increase I might cancel and go ahead and cancel my annual pass too. Most of the updates I had read on the resort changes were that the CMs were being as accommodating as possible to people who had already been moved at least once. The consensus was that the Guest Services number was the best number to call, regular reservation CMs were not able to help some that had already been moved before. Tuesday night I got a survey asking if I was still planning to come in October. I was also asked a lot of questions on what was important to me and what would influence me to cancel my reservation. I did fill in my complaint on the increase to add another adult. Wednesday morning I bit the bullet and called Guest Services. My call was answered by Trey right away. He was a really great CM and knew what he was doing. I started out by stating I had gotten the email and needed to see what needed to be done with my reservation. I also stated I had a problem with not being able to add my daughter without a huge increase in my price. I did not want to be placed in a resort that was going to make my price go up. I stated I was prepared to pay the additional charge for a third adult. He stopped me before I got too hot to tell me I should not have to pay for the going rate for adding another adult, only changing my dates would take away the price protection. I told him that wasn't what Abree told me on 7/20. That was my mistake, I should not have called the reservation change number. I should have called guest services. He pulled up our reservation and advised I was eligible for an upgrade. I'm thinking great, I'm going to get CBR. I was getting pretty excited, but he didn't say CBR. Can you guess what he did say? Keep in mind anything is better than Movies. No it wasn't Grand Floridian @pkondz. He said he could offer us a standard studio @ Animal Kingdom Village Kidani. :scared1: Wait, what did you say? I didn't even ask if there was anything else. He had me at Animal Kingdom Village. He also said there would be a $100 egift card sent to me about 3 days before check in for our trouble. It just kept getting better and better. He added Michelle with no extra charge. Trey also said I could add another adult with no addition charge. I'm sorry we're not going to be on the skyliner but soooo excited to try AKV. This works even better with our last day plans to go to AK. Trey also updated our Magical Express due to our flight changes. Yes I did the survey and he got all 5s! We were all 3 on :cloud9: after I spread the news, everyone but Dennis. He's not happy with all our news but still says he wants to wait and go back when we can all go and do more.

I've been researching our new resort and rethinking our dinner plans on the Saturday night. I think we'll go to Sanaa instead of Beaches n' Cream.

they used to have make your own butterfly cookies at sanaa 😋 for kids meals and one time I made a butterfly cookie and I accidentally turned it into a “diseased butterfly“ by putting to much sprinkles on my kids meal cookie at the time. Been a family favorite memory since. I usually just fill myself up on the naan and the vegetable samosas when I am at sanaa. When and if you are planning on going to sanaa make sure you request a table with a window. It makes it easier to see animals for JP.

they used to have make your own butterfly cookies at sanaa 😋 for kids meals and one time I made a butterfly cookie and I accidentally turned it into a “diseased butterfly“ by putting to much sprinkles on my kids meal cookie at the time.

This sounds like a lot of fun and good way to entertain kids.

When and if you are planning on going to sanaa make sure you request a table with a window.

Thanks for the tip. This should be our first night dinner.

Loving all the updates Vanessa. So glad JP made it for 7dmt. He looks so cute in his festive tee shirt too. I’m betting Grumpy loved being on that ride with JP. You really did have a great trip and now a Michelle and company are getting to enjoy some great family time there this weekend too. Loving all the slogan t-shirts and the photo of Gia and her dad is awesome! :goodvibes

Last edited:

Loving all the updates Vanessa.

Thanks Moira!

So glad JP made it for 7dmt. He looks so cute in his festive tee shirt too.

We were really happy for him too. I don't think he rode it this weekend, he opted for the carousel with Jimmy while Michelle &
Gia rode. I like his shirt too. I had picked it up at Old Navy just for the trip.

I’m betting Grumpy loved being on that ride with JP.

He sure did!

You really did have a great trip and now a Michelle and company are getting to enjoy some great family time there this weekend too.

It was a great pre-Covid trip. Michelle & crew had a great trip too and she learned a lot to get us ready for next month. I'm sure she will be starting another report.

Loving all the slogan t-shirts and the photo of Gia and her dad is awesome! :goodvibes

Michelle finds the cutest stuff. I think she enjoys shopping a whole lot. The picture of Gia with Jimmy warms my heart. This one was even better.

This sounds like a lot of fun and good way to entertain kids.

Thanks for the tip. This should be our first night dinner.
I was a teen a few years ago when they had this:)
Now I’m 23 years old still a favorite restaurant of ours to go to

Update from meeeeee.
We got back on Monday from the World! I have so so so much to share. I’ll try to work on a TR but I’m actually starting this Monday as an extended sub for a PreK class at JPs school. Not much editing and writing time like I used to have! But I have so many things to share that I’m sure I’ll find the time.
And one of these days I’ll have some fun things to add to this report LOL. Mom, I’m just picking on you. I do really love reading moms version of their memories. It’s almost like I was there for those moments. Love seeing my baby so happy.

And one of these days I’ll have some fun things to add to this report LOL. Mom, I’m just picking on you. I do really love reading moms version of their memories. It’s almost like I was there for those moments. Love seeing my baby so happy.

I'm getting closer to when you joined the trip. Can't wait for you to do updates too.

Update from meeeeee.
I'm sorry? Who is this again?

;)

:hug:
We got back on Monday from the World!
Welcome back! :) Hope your trip was great!
I’ll try to work on a TR but I’m actually starting this Monday as an extended sub for a PreK class at JPs school. Not much editing and writing time like I used to have! But I have so many things to share that I’m sure I’ll find the time.
That's okay. We all get that life gets in the way. :)
And one of these days I’ll have some fun things to add to this report LOL. Mom, I’m just picking on you.
:lmao:

Park Day 3- Magic Kingdom 1st Day- Monday, December 16th-Be Our Guest

I know lots of people don't like the Move it Shake it parade but for a toddler it's a lot of fun. I've stated before I've never actually watched the whole parade but on this day we did. I'll spare you pictures of the floats and characters but I do want to share some of John Paul loving it. He has always been a big fan of music so this was perfect for him. He and Danielle danced and had a blast.

He really has some great moves. He also caught a stress ball too.

After the parade we still had some time before our ADR so we headed to Adventureland to spend some time with the Tiki Birds.

John Paul enjoyed the birds but really liked the Tiki gods.

It was finally time to check in for dinner. When we originally thought to book BOG it was so Michelle could go. She and Dennis had never been to dinner here. When she changed up her arrival day we stuck with it. The last time Danielle and I had dinner her in 2014 it wasn't the price fixed meal and we really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews and in the end it was just okay. The main draw for us was for John Paul to meet Beast. I don't think we had to wait too long to be seated in the Ball Room. I'm really glad we had picked up some corn dog nuggets for JP. It wasn't worth it to pay out of pocked for a kid's meal he wouldn't eat. I'm sorry I don't remember what everyone else had and I only took pictures of my food. I had the Lobster Bisque for my app, Filet Mignon for my entree and of course we all had the Dessert Trio.

Nothing was bad it just wan't great. If you have eaten here before Covid you know how loud and busy it was. I really feel that Disney was just packing in as many people as they could and they didn't care about the experience.

I did love the reaction JP had when he saw Beast cross the Ball Room.

While we were waiting for our server to bring our bill, I took some time to get some pictures of the decorations. they really went all out in here. These pictures are of the decoration lit up for nighttime.

Continued in next post. . .

More decorations.

I did take some pictures during the day time when we had lunch here later in the trip.

It was finally time for John Paul to meet the Beast. Of course he was shy but he warmed up when Beast asked about his shirt.

This really was the best part of the meal. Beast really took time with him and made him feel comfortable. It was also really good that we made it out of here with no bathroom incidents like the trip in 2018.

We missed the lighting of the Castle lights but still loved the sight of all the lights.

Continued . . ..

It was time to spend some time in Tomorrowland and use our FP for Buzz.

Danielle was the only one who got a picture of a score.

After Buzz John Paul was really tired. Danielle and I wanted to ride the People Mover but the line was showing 30+ minutes and Dennis did not have the patience to wait. He ended taking John Paul in the stroller while we waited in line. The wait was not near as long as what was posted. We were off in about 20 minutes. John Paul was passed out and Dennis was ready to leave, but we weren't.

This was going to be our only chance to see HEA. We had cancelled our Dessert Party we had scheduled for Wednesday so we could get up early for ROR the next day. I could not believe it when Dennis offered to take JP back to Pop by himself. He would taking a sleeping toddler back on the bus with all the bags and a stroller. We're talking Hero status here. He did tell us that he ended up having lots of help. Very kind guest helped him get everything loaded into the bus and back off. One very nice lady sat a sleeping JP next to her on the bus too while Dennis stood. I'm very proud of Dennis for doing this and still amazed he did it. He would never have done this when our 3 were little. He has really mellowed in his old age.

Danielle and I had said goodbye to Dennis in Town Square and then looked around a little while waiting for HEA. We didn't try to stake out a great spot to watch, we were just happy to get to see HEA.

I loved the tree in The Chapeau.

When it was time for HEA we just stood together arm in arm in the middle of Main Street singing at the top of our lungs.

As soon as it ended we made a bee line for the exit. As we were speed walking to the buses we caught this.

Sorry for the blurry picture but it was taken as we were speeding for the buses.

I think we ended up waiting for a bus but still made the first one since there wasn't much of a line when we got there. We made our normal stop to pick up some fruit for John Paul in the morning. Dennis was still up when we got back but John Paul was out.

I felt over all we got a lot done this day and just really had fun. I ended up with 20,034 steps which was 3k less than the day before. The next day was a very big day. We were headed back to Epcot for half the day, Michelle was flying in to meet us and we had the Christmas Party.

I know lots of people don't like the Move it Shake it parade
:wave:
but for a toddler it's a lot of fun.
Hmmm... In that case... I may have to revise my opinion.
I thought it was universally hated. But if the littles like it... then more power to it.
I'll spare you pictures of the floats and characters
Thanks!!!!
but I do want to share some of John Paul loving it.
Glad you did. Sure looked like they were having a good time. :)
He and Danielle danced and had a blast.
:goodvibes
He also caught a stress ball too.
Good for him! Bet he was excited!
John Paul enjoyed the birds but really liked the Tiki gods.
I remember being very surprised when they showed up, the first time I saw it.
She and Dennis had never been to dinner here.
Nor have I. Lunch, several times, but never dinner.
I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews and in the end it was just okay.
That's what I've been hearing too.
I had the Lobster Bisque for my app, Filet Mignon for my entree
However... that sure sounds good. Sorry it wasn't as good as it sounded.
If you have eaten here before Covid you know how loud and busy it was.
::yes::
Like that one. :)
Of course he was shy but he warmed up when Beast asked about his shirt.
Good!
Beast really took time with him and made him feel comfortable.
I love how the characters are so adept at interacting with children. Very impressive.
Love your serious expression! :)
Danielle and I wanted to ride the People Mover but the line was showing 30+ minutes
I was just mentioning on another thread... there never used to be a wait for it... but now?
He would taking a sleeping toddler back on the bus with all the bags and a stroller. We're talking Hero status here.
Whoa! Impressive! :worship:
Very kind guest helped him get everything loaded into the bus and back off. One very nice lady sat a sleeping JP next to her on the bus too while Dennis stood.
Awww...
People at Disney... I swear it just brings out the best in them.
When it was time for HEA we just stood together arm in arm in the middle of Main Street singing at the top of our lungs.
:love:
Sorry for the blurry picture but it was taken as we were speeding for the buses.
That's okay! Cool that it was so close!

Yes I was thinking of you.

Glad you did. Sure looked like they were having a good time. :)

It warmed my heart to seeing them enjoying it together.

Good for him! Bet he was excited!

He really was. Can't tell you where that ball is now. :confused3

Nor have I. Lunch, several times, but never dinner.

I think it is something that should be done once.

However... that sure sounds good. Sorry it wasn't as good as it sounded.

It was good but not good enough to warrant the price paid.

Like that one. :)

Thanks!

I love how the characters are so adept at interacting with children. Very impressive.

Me too! He really took his time with JP.

Love your serious expression! :)

Always.

I was just mentioning on another thread... there never used to be a wait for it... but now?

I couldn't believe the line either. Of course right now it's closed and will be while we're there too. :(

Whoa! Impressive! :worship:

Yes it was!

Awww...
People at Disney... I swear it just brings out the best in them.

Yes it does. I was so thankful he had help.

That's okay! Cool that it was so close!

It was a happy sight. On our first big family trip in 2002 we walked out and saw this too. :cloud9:

Yes I was thinking of you.
:laughing:
It warmed my heart to seeing them enjoying it together.
:goodvibes
Can't tell you where that ball is now. :confused3
That is the nature of small toys. ::yes::
I think it is something that should be done once.
I'll keep that in mind. :)
Well someone has to save the galaxy!
I couldn't believe the line either. Of course right now it's closed and will be while we're there too. :(
Oh, I didn't know that. Why? Refurb?

What a fantastic day! Kudos to Denis for taking JP back so you and Danielle could stay behind. The notion of you both singing at the top of your lungs is just priceless :love:

Here are the final results.

Yay!!

We wanted to ride the People Mover but the line was really long so we opted for a family favorite COP. It's also a great place to rest your feet and your eyes.

No judgement here…I do the same thing!

I know lots of people don't like the Move it Shake it parade but for a toddler it's a lot of fun.

It's fun for old ladies too ::yes::

Nothing was bad it just wan't great.

I agree with you about BOG, especially with the prix fix menu. Too expensive for not great food.

This really was the best part of the meal. Beast really took time with him and made him feel comfortable.

So cute.

I'm glad you got to stay and watch HEA. That's the one thing Allie and I missed back in December, but I thought at the time I'd be seeing it three months later :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter