A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Well someone has to save the galaxy!

My thoughts exactly. I was taking my job seriously

Oh, I didn't know that. Why? Refurb?

I think it was having issues before the parks closed and again when they reopened. Now it's listed on the refurb list.

What a fantastic day!

Yes it was, Thank you!

Kudos to Denis for taking JP back so you and Danielle could stay behind.

I'm still amazed that he did this.

The notion of you both singing at the top of your lungs is just priceless :love:

It was a great mother-daughter moment.

No judgement here…I do the same thing!

:thumbsup2 It's just to perfect a spot for a rest to pass up.

It's fun for old ladies too ::yes::

Does that mean you dance in the parade too?

I'm glad you got to stay and watch HEA. That's the one thing Allie and I missed back in December, but I thought at the time I'd be seeing it three months later :sad2:

I'm glad we did it too. When think of all the things over the years we said "we'll do it next time" and didn't get the chance to it breaks my heart. Disney is always changing the pandemic has made the most changes.

Guess what?

I got Mickey Mail this weekend!

Yeah, I know not very original. We all got orange.

Michelle & I decorated our bands for Halloween.

Michelle did something similar for our Christmas trip. Her band will glow in the dark. Too bad we won't be in any parks when it's dark. :(

We also worked on our "costumes" for our MK day. Michelle and I are pretty much set, just need to work on some "ears" we want to make. Danielle always waits to the last minute and them stresses us all out. She hasn't even started. :scared1: Should make for some interesting days leading up to our departure.

I'm getting more and more excited and worried about the crowds. I know it will not be anything like what we're use to as far as crowds but there also won't be any fastpasses. I think the last trip we took without FPs was in 1999. Has anyone else taken a trip without them before the pandemic?

I got Mickey Mail this weekend!
Best mail ever!
You guys did a really great job! Looks like they were purchased that way. :thumbsup2
Michelle did something similar for our Christmas trip. Her band will glow in the dark. Too bad we won't be in any parks when it's dark. :(
Nice! But... yeah, too bad.
Danielle always waits to the last minute and them stresses us all out.
:laughing: A procrastinator after my own heart.
I'm getting more and more excited and worried about the crowds.
Wouldn't worry. All the TRs I'm seeing show extremely low crowds.
Has anyone else taken a trip without them before the pandemic?
Are you crazy??? Nope! :laughing:

Epcot Day 2, Park Day 4, Tuesday, December 17th-Saying Goodbye to Epcot.

This day was originally going to be a rest day before going to our very first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Michelle was coming in arriving around 10:35. Danielle insisted that 1 day in Epcot was just not enough and she convinced Dennis that they needed to spend the morning in Epcot. Once I was able to get the Princess Storybook Dining in Arkershus before the park opened it was decided we would do half a day there before resting for bit to get ready for the party. Looking back we really should have used the day to rest.

We had an ADR for 8:05 am, FP for Soarin' 9:30 - 10:30, FP for The Seas 10:30 - 11:30 & FP for Turtle Talk 11:40-12:40. Michelle had made FPs for the MK before the party started. I had an annual pass & they all had hoppers so we could enter the park at any time. She had a FP for 7 Dwarfs 2:15-3:15, FP for Meeting Ariel 3:40-4:40 & FP for Meeting Rapunzel & Tianna 5:5:30.

We were going to have a big breakfast with the Princesses so we didn't have any lunch plans but did want to catch a CS dinner in MK before the party started.

We were up early & ready to take the Skyliner to Epcot. It was running early for all the guests going to DHS. We passed Tramp on our way to catch a sky bucket.
Today was the opening day of Riveria so instead of just slowing down for their station we actually had to stop and the also left every other bucket empty going from CBR to Epcot. We also got some stickers with Riveria and the Skyliner on them.

We entered the park from the International Gateway again and I took some more empty park pictures. I was trying to get some of the decoration Dennis missed.

Looking back I realize I didn't ever really make it to the front of the park so I really didn't see a whole lot of the construction going on. I think the closest to the front of the park we ever got was Spaceship Earth.

We checked in for breakfast and were soon called to meet Bell.

John Paul was being very shy again.

We were seated in the big room with the high ceiling and windows. We have been seated here a few times and I find it the room with the best lighting. As soon as we sat down I told our waiter our plan was to hit Frozen at park opening so he said her would bring up the check as soon as possible. I'm sure lots of people do this. This is one of our favorite breakfasts. We like the food brought to the table and the choices on the bar. We had a chance to eat before the Princesses started coming. We made a pretty good dent in the first plate they brought us but Danielle and I were pretty full after that. Dennis took it upon himself to try and eat as much as possible of the second plate. He paid for it later.

Continued . . . .

John Paul was excited when he saw the Princesses enter and parade around.
But when they made their way to our table he hid under the table.

Cinderella tried to coax him out. It was so sweet that she got down to his level.
He finally came out & took a picture with Grumpy.

Ariel was next. She tried to put him at ease too.

Sleeping Beauty.
Snow White was finally able to get a smile.

Overall it was a good experience. We had our bill early so we were able to pay and jump in line for Frozen Ever After before the park opened. We got much better seats this time around. You can see us this time.

Continued. . . .

After our ride I took John Paul to my favorite Epcot bathrooms in Norway. We then went in the Church to look around.

When we looked around I related the exhibit to Marvel's Thor movies, now that Dennis & I have been watching "The Last Kingdom" and I just started reading the series I want to look again with a new perspective.

The park was now fully open so we made our way to Future World so we could use our FPs. Up first was the Land & Soarin'

Dennis & Danielle rode first and we got a rider swap for Dennis & I to ride. Danielle had been the one to get the extra rides so I think she was a little surprised when Dennis chose to get the extra ride this time. I took John Paul on another ride on "Living With the Land", his 3rd ride this trip. We ended up on the last row of seats behind a kid who was maybe 6 or 7. His parents weren't paying attention to him so he was trailing his hand in the water as we went along. He was eventually called out by Disney "to keep his hands in the boat".

I'm not sure what all Danielle had to do to keep JP entertained while we rode. I know he did not want to ride LWTL again.

We walked straight to The Seas and took another ride on the clam shells.

Continued. . . .

We lined up to get ready for our FP for Turtle Talk. John Paul watched the fishes while we waited.

I lined up as close to the front as I could & was able to grab a seat on the front row. I may have pushed just a little, I wanted to make sure I was close to JP while he was on the carpet.

It had been a few trips since we had done this so it was nice to get to enjoy it with John Paul. He was good and did not try to escape.

Once Turtle Talk was done we were done with our FPs. Dennis was miserable and still feeling the pain of overeating. John Paul was tired and I was hot. It had been getting hotter and hotter every day since we arrived and today was the hottest. I had a long sleeve shirt for the party that night and there was no way I was going to wear it. I had been casually looking all day as we went along but didn't see anything so it was time to try Mouse Gears, the old big Mouse Gears. We split up and everyone was looking for different things. I had also heard from Michelle and knew she would be at Pop soon so I was trying to hurry. John Paul being the shopper he was wanted everything. I did buy him some Toy Story themed cars and found a short sleeve shirt for myself. I really wanted to take some Photo Pass pictures on our way out but Dennis was still too miserable. Danielle wasn't ready to leave so she stayed behind. This was her first time to be in a park by herself. I asked her to get me my favorite treat in Germany if she made it that far. I love the caramel turtle. She ended up really enjoying her alone time and took some great Photo Pass Pictures while she explored, to this day I'm still jealous.

I am glad that she had fun spreading her wings.

We traveled back to Pop on the Skyliner with a very tired and crabby toddler. He kept up a steady wine the whole way back. He was sooo ready to be back with his Mama. I was texting with Michelle the whole way back. She was at Pop and couldn't wait to see her baby.

I now turn this report over to @mFont23 .

Last edited:
Danielle insisted that 1 day in Epcot was just not enough and she convinced Dennis that they needed to spend the morning in Epcot.
Smart girl, that Danielle. Well... at least for her.
Looking back we really should have used the day to rest.
Uh, oh...
catch a sky bucket.
I like that!
I'm going to use a modified version of that from now on.
"Whelp, I think I'm gonna grab a bucket and head over to DHS."
Today was the opening day of Riveria so instead of just slowing down for their station we actually had to stop and the also left every other bucket empty going from CBR to Epcot.
Interesting. Hadn't heard that.
Looking back I realize I didn't ever really make it to the front of the park so I really didn't see a whole lot of the construction going on
I don't think you're missing anything.
Awww... :)
We were seated in the big room with the high ceiling and windows
I barely remember it. Last time I was in there was 15 years ago.
As soon as we sat down I told our waiter our plan was to hit Frozen at park opening so he said her would bring up the check as soon as possible. I'm sure lots of people do this.
Maybe? But a good plan, none-the-less.
Dennis took it upon himself to try and eat as much as possible of the second plate. He paid for it later.
Uh, oh...
Awww...
I wonder... maybe he'll turn into a lady's man later in life. Then you can show him this to bring him back down to Earth.
Cinderella tried to coax him out. It was so sweet that she got down to his level.
That's very nice of her. Especially wearing a gown. Can't be that easy.
Snow White was finally able to get a smile.
I noticed the progression. From hiding to photos near the princess, to closer and closer and then a mischievous look and finally a smile. :)
We had our bill early so we were able to pay and jump in line for Frozen Ever After before the park opened.
Score!
We got much better seats this time around. You can see us this time.
That's a really good shot! Suitable for framing.
I took John Paul to my favorite Epcot bathrooms in Norway.
Why is it? I've never used theirs, so don't know.
Dennis & I have been watching "The Last Kingdom"
What is that?
Danielle had been the one to get the extra rides so I think she was a little surprised when Dennis chose to get the extra ride this time.
:laughing: Too bad, not this time!
His parents weren't paying attention to him so he was trailing his hand in the water as we went along. He was eventually called out by Disney "to keep his hands in the boat".
:eek: That always worries me. I once saw a child do that on IASW. Those boats are guided by rails that are just under the water. It would be so easy to have fingers squished between boat and rail.
We lined up to get ready for our FP for Turtle Talk.
Love that show. :)
I may have pushed just a little, I wanted to make sure I was close to JP while he was on the carpet.
I'm okay with that. ::yes::
Dennis was miserable and still feeling the pain of overeating.
Oh, dear. Hope he felt better for the party.
John Paul being the shopper he was wanted everything.
Atta boy.
I asked her to get me my favorite treat in Germany if she made it that far. I love the caramel turtle.
Oooohhh… I need to try that. I've had chocolate covered Rice Krispie cake and chocolate covered pineapple there, but not that.
She ended up really enjoying her alone time and took some great Photo Pass Pictures while she explored, to this day I'm still jealous.
You should be. Solo time is awesome.
Love this shot of her!
Oh yes. I think our first trip with FPs was in 2002. I need to go back and look.
My first trip... heck, my first three trips, they hadn't been invented yet.

Smart girl, that Danielle. Well... at least for her.

Yes it was and Dennis is a sucker for her.

I like that!
I'm going to use a modified version of that from now on.
"Whelp, I think I'm gonna grab a bucket and head over to DHS."

Glad you like it. I like your phrasing.

I barely remember it. Last time I was in there was 15 years ago.

That was a long time ago. Your girls have outgrown the Princesses.

Awww...
I wonder... maybe he'll turn into a lady's man later in life. Then you can show him this to bring him back down to Earth.

That's a really good idea.

That's very nice of her. Especially wearing a gown. Can't be that easy.

I thought so too.

I noticed the progression. From hiding to photos near the princess, to closer and closer and then a mischievous look and finally a smile. :)

I was hoping others would see that too. He really transformed.

That's a really good shot! Suitable for framing.

Thank you!

Why is it? I've never used theirs, so don't know.

They're some of the newest bathrooms, they're big and well themed, at least the ladies' room is don't know about the guy's.

That always worries me. I once saw a child do that on IASW. Those boats are guided by rails that are just under the water. It would be so easy to have fingers squished between boat and rail.

Same here.

Oh, dear. Hope he felt better for the party.

By this point he was saying he wouldn't be going to the party at all.

Oooohhh… I need to try that. I've had chocolate covered Rice Krispie cake and chocolate covered pineapple there, but not that.

Those sound good, but the caramel turtle is the best.

Love this shot of her!

Me too!

My first trip... heck, my first three trips, they hadn't been invented yet.

I know it wasn't there when I went for my first trip and I don't remember it being there September of 1999. I did look it up and it looks like it started in late 1999. I know we used it in 2002 and it was the "new big thing".

I love your photos of the Christmas decor and inside the Norwegian church. I don't think I've ever been inside it. Too cute that JP hid under the table and so lovely that Cinderella tried to coax him out. He really did get braver with each passing princess which is brilliant. Snow White was the winner with that gorgeous smile of his!
Hope Denis feels better for the party once he's had some time to digest breakfast. Danielle's solo park time sounds perfect
I'm betting Michelle was beside herself with excitement to see JP and I'm sure you were looking forward to seeing her and handing over responsibility for JP too.
You guys got a lot done this morning. I wonder will it feel more relaxed without FP times to worry about. We did travel to WDW in the days before they existed and I dont remember queuing for particularly long times (mainly because my husband has no patience for queues lol). I do think there were lower crowds in those days. Your new magicbands are lovely :goodvibes

Yes it was and Dennis is a sucker for her.
:goodvibes
Glad you like it. I like your phrasing.
Maybe it'll catch on. Think Disney will give me a free ticket? Or bar me for life?
That was a long time ago. Your girls have outgrown the Princesses.
Just a smidge. :)
I was hoping others would see that too. He really transformed.
::yes::
They're some of the newest bathrooms, they're big and well themed, at least the ladies' room is don't know about the guy's.
Ah, okay. Kinda like the Tangled Tinkle Spot.
By this point he was saying he wouldn't be going to the party at all.
:scared1:
I know it wasn't there when I went for my first trip and I don't remember it being there September of 1999. I did look it up and it looks like it started in late 1999. I know we used it in 2002 and it was the "new big thing".
::yes::

You did a great job!

Looking back we really should have used the day to rest.

Uh, oh! Doesn't sound good.

So cute, and she is a gorgeous Belle.

This is one of our favorite breakfasts. We like the food brought to the table and the choices on the bar.

We've never been but hopefully I'll take my niece someday.

:rotfl:

She ended up really enjoying her alone time and took some great Photo Pass Pictures while she explored, to this day I'm still jealous.

Great pics!

Finally caught up! JP is so cute being shy around the princesses! I love all the holiday decor in Epcot. I miss Disney so much (Have I mentioned lately I hate Covid?). Our baby girl finally arrived, three weeks early, four weeks ago! I am already in the planning process of her first trip, we are going next November, and your reports have really helped me mentally prepare for a toddler trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter