A little less housekeeping would be nice

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
And no, I'm not talking about the latest buzz about Disney's most recent test of issuing gift cards if you decline mousekeeping. I'm talking about the DisUnplugged and the myriad shows that are announced (expounded upon) at the beginning of the shows. *donning my flame suit*

Guys and gals, I seriously love the show and I know it's all free for me to listen to but can we get a little less housekeeping about the other shows? I am a little behind and began listening to the July 25th show this morning and the housekeeping took 15 minutes in a 60 minute show. While I love the Best and Worsts and the DisPOP and was happy to listen to the Universal show when planning a trip there a couple of years ago, that's too much time to advertise your other shows. That's 1/4 people. 25%. Two slices of pizza in an 8 slice pie. Even the movie theaters limit the amount of time the previews take before the actual movie starts. Generally for a 2 hour movie, you get about 20 minutes of trailers (non scientific estimation) and that equals about 15% of the showtime.

I know I know, I'm paying nothing to hear these shows and I should just shut up and be happy ... but I have to let you know that I hit the itunes +15 second circly thingy to get through it. But please? How about a 5 minute segment and not 15? Thanks!

Got to honestly say, sorry it bothers you, doesn't bother me. Different strokes, I guess. I will say that when whatever segments in whatever video I'm watching on YouTube bother me, I do use fast forward, so glad you're doing that on iTunes. Using your power of freedom of choice wisely, I think. ;)

I like housekeeping. It's 15 minutes, but it has a bunch of witty banter in it. :confused3
I have to agree - I watch shows and videos about stuff that normally doesn't even interest me just for the witty banter. Seriously. Sometimes it's the little things. #wittybantergroupie :)

I agree with @SorcererHeidi and @NeuroCindy. Some funny moments come out of the housekeeping segment. Also, it's a great way for me, at least, to hear it there's a topic of interest that one of the other shows might be doing that week. For example I don't always listen to the Universal Show but this week I want to hear this story about the Sweaty Deli Meats. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

I agree with @SorcererHeidi and @NeuroCindy. Some funny moments come out of the housekeeping segment. Also, it's a great way for me, at least, to hear it there's a topic of interest that one of the other shows might be doing that week. For example I don't always listen to the Universal Show but this week I want to hear this story about the Sweaty Deli Meats. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

I agree - sweaty deli meats are a must! haha

I have to agree with Stacey and say she did a great job of making her suggestion positive so kudos to her.

Look, we are all long time followers maybe just know that's just how it is or we watch because of their personalities. I recently recommended a specific episode to a friend for a trip they were researching taking and should have given them an actual "start time" for the content. They watched 10 minutes and lost interest. I rewatched and thought... if I didn't know them, I'd probably have lost interest too.
So as far as them garnering new viewers/travel customers 15 minutes of housekeeping may not be the best attack. Random person stumbled on the video because of a subject, watched the requisite YouTube ad, then housekeeping drags on... they click off to something else.
It's worth considering mixing it up.

I love house keeping. To me at times it is the best part. Some really funny stuff and serious stuff come out during that portion. Like they say each his own.

They should do Housekeeping at the end of the episode, especially when they are talking about details related to some ABD group trip and such. Honestly, I can't imagine there is a large percentage of listeners who that applies to. Every other podcast I listen to puts all their random advertising and "housekeeping " stuff at the end. Makes a lot more sense that way.

Honestly I do think they could be a bit more efficient about it - particularly when they go through the other shows and what they are covering, etc

But I get them wanting to cross promote and hey, it was mentioning about the Italy trip that prompted me to look into it and ultimately sign up so their strategy must be working to some extent

I agree. I like the housekeeping however maybe make it 5-10 minutes and keep it moving. Some shows it will be 20 minutes or more.

Perhaps I shouldn't complain since its a free commercial free podcast!

Never in a million years thought I'd want to know about sweaty deli meats lol!

A lot of meat discussion over the past week. I just watched the Vlog on the Bengal Barbecue Vlog and their was talk of high school nicknames of "spice beef" and "sweat meat"

If they change things up, there will then surface the population who will complain they preferred it the other way. It is an absolute no-win situation for those brave enough to put themselves out there publicly. There will always be arm chair producers criticizing how it's down. So I say to Pete and the gang...YOU DO YOU. Thanks for the podcast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts