A little less housekeeping would be nice

Love the podcast and all the other shows

I do agree though and feel they spend way too much time talking about the other shows. Maybe not scrap it but put it to the end of the show?

I hate to sound like a jerk, but do you think they are doing this for fun at this point? Come on, it's about growing their business and making money. Back in the early days it was getting anybody to listen and they were doing it for the "love" of doing it. Now it's cause it's a money making tool. That's OK!

Unless you want to start paying a monthly subscription no one and I mean NO ONE should complain about anything.

Its not fandom. When someone provides entertainment for FREE Im not gonna critisize some self promotion.

Just because content is provided for free, does not remove anyones right to provide feedback on something they feel might improve the content. The producer of the content should be open to feedback from their audience that might improve the content and potentially expand the audience. The producer of the content can also choose to ignore the feedback. However, suggesting just because it's provided for free removes someones right to offer feedback seem a little over the top.

Most people offering the feedback in this thread are not suggesting the segment be removed, just that it has gotten a little too long over time (often 25% of the show) and could use to be tightened up a little.

Last edited:
If we are expecting every second of every show to be relevant, interesting, and entertaining to every single viewer/listener, then I guess expectations are a bit too high. As others have suggested, fast forward is always an option for those without the time or patience to sit through the portions of the show that aren't appealing to them.

I’m out. I'm relatively new around here but not feeling terribly welcome. Those who shout down listener feedback have won- moving on.

Last edited:

And no, I'm not talking about the latest buzz about Disney's most recent test of issuing gift cards if you decline mousekeeping. I'm talking about the DisUnplugged and the myriad shows that are announced (expounded upon) at the beginning of the shows. *donning my flame suit*

Guys and gals, I seriously love the show and I know it's all free for me to listen to but can we get a little less housekeeping about the other shows? I am a little behind and began listening to the July 25th show this morning and the housekeeping took 15 minutes in a 60 minute show. While I love the Best and Worsts and the DisPOP and was happy to listen to the Universal show when planning a trip there a couple of years ago, that's too much time to advertise your other shows. That's 1/4 people. 25%. Two slices of pizza in an 8 slice pie. Even the movie theaters limit the amount of time the previews take before the actual movie starts. Generally for a 2 hour movie, you get about 20 minutes of trailers (non scientific estimation) and that equals about 15% of the showtime.

I know I know, I'm paying nothing to hear these shows and I should just shut up and be happy ... but I have to let you know that I hit the itunes +15 second circly thingy to get through it. But please? How about a 5 minute segment and not 15? Thanks!

I totally agree with you. Also Kevin Klose's weekly 'IF YOU DONT BOOK THIS TRIP NOW THE WORLD WILL END' pitch is so annoying.

I’m out. I'm relatively new around here but not feeling terribly welcome. Those who shout down listener feedback have won- moving on.
Why would you think any side of this 'won'? It's up to Pete and crew if they want to adjust or not.

I've certainly never timed or measured anything, but I would guess that a large percentage of the 'section' of the show called Housekeeping isn't actually talking about the other shows or travel items. It's mostly them cracking wise about those topics and/or other topics.

They show a slide, talk about it for 20 seconds, then they discuss. Sometimes they stay on topic, sometimes they go way off topic.

If they didn't 'title' the sections of the show, I'm not sure I would know when they transitioned from 'Housekeeping' to 'News' - or whatever they all the other part of the show.

Do stay. This crowd is pretty loyal, which is usually a good thing.
If anyone harps about suggestions I would remind them that a critique about Best & Worst led to overhaul in voting just a few weeks ago... which Pete agreed was much better and after these week's result proved interesting. Another suggestion was to bring Ryno back into the studio on Tuesdays, again a good change. The team seems to welcome feedback and show ideas and so I am not sure why it gets shut down by others.
The OP used very respectful tones and no personal attacks and I don't see anything wrong with more of the same. Oh and..
:welcome:

See, here's the thing... As it stands now, the vibe of the show is just a bunch of Disney fans discussing all things Disney. Sort of like we all do when talking to our friends. I fear if there is too much pressure to "do this or not to do that", we will end up with simply another show consisting of a panel of "talking heads" with no personality or sense of humor. I would rather take the show with some inconsistencies (warts and all) rather than see it morph into another boring blah blah blah experience. This isn't to say that suggestions for improvement are somehow bad, they most certainly are not. Just let's not lose sight of why we all watch in the first place.

let's not lose sight of why we all watch in the first place.

.....because I love sitting here waiting for the next time that someones mouth opens without them really considering what they have to say, like when Pete told Oliver he could go down the highway and find a prostitute but that didnt mean he should...when they were supposed to be the discussing the originality and inherent value in the castle projection show and hot dogs at Casey's. :rotfl:

Anyone can calmly converse about the minutia of Disney:bored:

This show is the best because they aren't scripted and polished. I watch it for the general charming-ness of each person, the entertaining banter that comes from free discussion with friends about topics that they are passionate about and have divided opinions on, and all the times that I do a spit take because someone just gave me verbal gold :rotfl2:

Also I like the range of ages, I like that Pete, John Keven, and Cathy represent seasoned vets that have been going to the parks for more years than I have been alive. I like that Ryno, and Craig are about my age and they represent some of my opinions in the conversation. I like that Corey and Julie bring the family perspective into it which also represents my park going experience (though it would be nice if there was someone with teens to talk about taking teens to the park-help me folks those guys dont come with instructions :sad2:) . Now as I write that bit about having a someone in the conversation who has teens I realize that many people are probably thinking-that is the last thing that the show needs-yuck. There are surely many different opinion amongst us viewers. Isn't variety grand :grouphug:

And no, I'm not talking about the latest buzz about Disney's most recent test of issuing gift cards if you decline mousekeeping. I'm talking about the DisUnplugged and the myriad shows that are announced (expounded upon) at the beginning of the shows. *donning my flame suit*

Guys and gals, I seriously love the show and I know it's all free for me to listen to but can we get a little less housekeeping about the other shows? I am a little behind and began listening to the July 25th show this morning and the housekeeping took 15 minutes in a 60 minute show. While I love the Best and Worsts and the DisPOP and was happy to listen to the Universal show when planning a trip there a couple of years ago, that's too much time to advertise your other shows. That's 1/4 people. 25%. Two slices of pizza in an 8 slice pie. Even the movie theaters limit the amount of time the previews take before the actual movie starts. Generally for a 2 hour movie, you get about 20 minutes of trailers (non scientific estimation) and that equals about 15% of the showtime.

I know I know, I'm paying nothing to hear these shows and I should just shut up and be happy ... but I have to let you know that I hit the itunes +15 second circly thingy to get through it. But please? How about a 5 minute segment and not 15? Thanks!

I routinely autoskip through the first 8-10 minutes of every episode before I even start listening, because of this very reason.

I totally agree with you. Also Kevin Klose's weekly 'IF YOU DONT BOOK THIS TRIP NOW THE WORLD WILL END' pitch is so annoying.

Howdy.

This is a great first interaction anonymous poster. Thanks for your feedback.

You may not want to listen this week.

If you do, you will most likely be annoyed.

Kevin Klose

Howdy.

This is a great first interaction anonymous poster. Thanks for your feedback.

You may not want to listen this week.

If you do, you will most likely be annoyed.

Kevin Klose

Appreciate the heads up, thanks for listening and taking the feedback constructively!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Maybe you dont care about Kevin talking about those trips but most of us would loooove to snag a spot on them. Me and my wife adore John and Kevin from what we see on the Dis and we are planning on going at some point

Maybe you dont care about Kevin talking about those trips but most of us would loooove to snag a spot on them. Me and my wife adore John and Kevin from what we see on the Dis and we are planning on going at some point

Dreams Unlimited Travel has its own podcast. That is the place where they should be discussing upcoming ABD trips, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter