a may 2014 10 day stay at wdw - hotel help

what price range did you get POR for may I ask?
It will be hard for us to stay elsewhere than the Sheraton Vistana, newly renovated two bedroom, two bathrooms, awesome location for $160 a night.

Although we do love onsite. Over a two week period, it is harder to justify an extra few thousand for a smaller room onsite.

In 2010, I paid $127 per night at POR, with a 35% room rate deal. The bounce-back offer was 40% off.

I also stayed at BCV on the same strip in studio room (split stay). The deal was 45% discount off the room rate. From memory, I think I ended up paying $180 per night. Same bounce back offer of 40% off.

I have stayed off-site as well and you are absolutely right in terms of $ value. I got a 3-bedroom, 3 bathroom place at one of the time share places. I paid about $120 per night for that place.

For me, the trade off for staying on site is in space. The trade off for staying off site is time and convenience. It is really convenient to be onsite and use the Disney transportation to head back to the resort for an afternoon rest. Sure....you can do it if you stay off-site...but the time saving on-site is that you can take advantage of EMH and not feel like you're missing out on park time.

To each their own; and there is nothing wrong with either option. Everyone makes the choice to suit their personal travel style and as it is their individual hard-earned money that they are spending, go for whichever suits them personally.

The BCV for $180 is a great price, but we now need the extra bed space, sharing two beds won't cut it, so that cuts out alot of the onsite rooms.

Pretty much all of them marvel - I think there may be rooms at wilderness lodge that has bunks or you could try the cabins at fort wilderness.

We had two interconnecting rooms at pop century for our family of five. Our three kids loved having a double bed to themselves. DH and I were not so thrilled to share one, but we coped!

SOunds good, I will have to look into it down the track. Our current trip 2013 is at DL so the only option would be GCH but it appears to dear for anything more than the a queen and sofa bed.

may 2014 pop retail rates are most likely to be comparable to renting dvc.

talked it over with carlo and we have decided to just do pop with retail rates and hold out for some kind of stay/play/dine promotion or free dining or discounted room rates... (hopefully).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter