A Meal So Good You Had It Twice?

TandDandE

Mouseketeer
Hi Friends,

As we're gearing up for our trip in late July, we're thinking an awful lot about Disney food.

So, I'm wondering.. was there a Disney meal that was SO good that you had to have it again during the same trip (even tho you hadn't originally planned to)?

Answers for each of these would be helpful:
- Quick Service Meals
- Sit Down Meals
- Snacks

Our bellies thank you.
popcorn::
- T and D and E

QS- I would have had the Nachos at Pecos Bill again. Yum.
TS- Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, 50's Prime Time, Raglan Road.

I'm always so temped to just make ADRs for the places I love, but I always give in to trying new places and I'm so glad I do!

Table Service:
Splitsville Pizza and sushi (Disney Springs).
The honey sesame chicken at Nine Dragons (Epcot)
Smokie City appetizer (Raglan Road)
Almond Crusted Cheesecake (Narcoosee's)

Quick Service:
Cooke's of Dublin - we usually get their Fish & Chips

Snack:
Caramel Popcorn (Karamel Kuche Germany, Epcot)

I didn't get a chance to have it twice, but on my last day of my sisters trip in April we went to homecomin' and I got this chopped salad with fried chicken that was amazing! Like I couldn't stop thinking about it good. I haven't been to wdw in about 8 years with dh and kids and about 2 weeks after I got home from my trip with my sisters I had a July family trip booked complete with an adr at homecomin.' So not the same trip but close to it!

No. Too many things I want to eat and places I want to eat at to even do it all once. The only thing would be mickey head popsicles and that was years ago when kids were little and we did DP and that was the snack they wanted every day. Last trip we ate lunch at Sanaa bar and had drinks and dessert there a few nights later. Also got the blue frozen Moscato colada several times at AKV/L bars.

We ended up going back to Skipper Canteen two days later last trip - not in the original plan. Both times, we just ordered apps and split them between the two of us for meals. The cachapas and the SEA shumai were our favorites, but we both enjoyed the hot and sour soup. The shiriki noodle salad did not get a repeat on the second visit, but it was still yummy. With the AP discount, it was a no-brainer.

I know that DH has had the Duval Burger at Olivia's more than once in a trip. And I've had the Butternut Squash soup 6 times in a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge-breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's available at Mara, the CMs insist it's the same as Boma.

I have been back to Flame Tree Barbecue at AK and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot many times. We're not huge foodies, in fact this will be the first year we will actually be trying a couple of table service restaurants, but we've never had a bad meal at those two quick service places. Plenty of food and very tasty!

Mickey Waffles, gingerbread and rice krispie treats are about the only repeats in any one trip.
I like to take a bunch of the latter two home with me too. They are not the same at home, and it makes my holiday last longer!

We stay at CR and they had a steak flatbread at Contempo Cafe that we really good. We ordered it several times to split throughout our stay.

The only things I can think of off the top of my head that we will have more than once in a trip are Dole whip floats and Mickey waffles.

Those two items are a must for us as well! :thumbsup2

We once had Dole Whip twice in the same day. Last trip we had a caramel apple almost every day.

We're looking forward to the Dole Whips too. I think I'm also going to try one with Coconut Rum at Tamu Tamu in AK.
Have any of you tried that yet? Thoughts?

Curry meatballs and rice at Cap't Cook's twice in one trip. Was so stuffed from everything else I ate all week that I grabbed round 2 to go and ate it on the bus, practically crying while I did so because I was already at 100% peak Disney Food Intake but it was so yummy and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat it again for a while!

Haven't yet, but next trip contemplating Sanaa for a lunch and a dinner and will definitely have the bread service on both rounds.

Quick serve hands down for us is Wolfgang Puck Express. We usually do lunch/dinner twice (love love love their pizza and their spaghetti with chicken meatballs) and breakfast once. Their breakfast pizza is unbelievable.

Table serve USED to be Kona breakfast. We would go twice for breakfast. Once on our first day and as our last full day. But, Kona has since changed their Samoan (my favorite dish anywhere). I can't bring myself to try the new version. So we will be skipping it this visit.

When DH and I ate at Satu'li Canteen last month during passholder preview, we enjoyed the food so much that we got more cheeseburger pods and blue cheesecake with mobile ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!