A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

Hey I saw you at around 4:58 in the video that Floss posted!

How do you like the aft rooms? Ours on our next one is 8188 so the very back room. I thought I would try the bigger balconies since we have more sea days and we can stretch out.

I saw you too. My dh really wants to try a cruise for our next vacation so it will be fun to read your report when you get back.

You make it so real...I can smell the salty ocean air...feel the sway of the ship and best of all. I am eating right along with both of you. Hopefully I won't gain weight. Love your trip reports.

How do you like the aft rooms? Ours on our next one is 8188 so the very back room. I thought I would try the bigger balconies since we have more sea days and we can stretch out.

I had 6690 and I loved it! The veranda was nice and roomy and it was quiet. You do hear engine noise but it was almost always pleasant enough to sit outside...aka not too hot and humid although Alison would disagree. LOL.

Jill in CO

What? You actually slept a night before a trip?!?! Go you!

I know! And it makes a big difference. I was still tired, but not a zombie!

And people are creepy when it comes to feet - my instagram post about my sprained ankle got me some creepy direct messages....

:scared: That's a little scary!

Have a safe rest of your journey!

Thanks! We did!

Have a magical cruise!!!!

:welcome:

Thank you!

I know you are. You've made that offer before. :)

Just let me know....

You could've stopped right there.

:laughing:

Good. You've mentioned before how tough this is.

It's always a late night and gives us a slow start on Wednesdays.

:eek:

Um....... okay then...

Well, to each his own, I guess.

:laughing:

::yes:: An extra 500 bucks is always welcome.

That you don't need, though.... but since you were going anyways, I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

With the number of these types of figures that we have listed, I really should have the small size boxes around the house. But I guess I used them up shopping out all the ones we already sold! :laughing:

Yay! That's a rarity.

I know, at least when we are taking a plane.

And... dang it! I could've sworn you were leaving Friday.
Well, hopefully you'll see this...

Have a great trip!!!!!!

I did see it, and we did have a great trip!

I'll have to send you a message when you get back!

I'm back! But not for long....heading out to Phoenix in just about 98 hours. :scared:

Yeah... that's a little bit weird! Though, I have to admit, if I had bought a replacement pair for my shoes and someone offered me $100 for my used ones, I probably would bite too!

When I compared donate to a thrift shop vs. $100, it was a no brainer.

Uhhhh....

ok. But, like you say... $100 is $100. Enjoy a few drinks.

I did! :teeth:

Have a great cruise and I can't wait to read another of your TR when you get back.

Joining in :wave2:

Sounds like a fun trip! I'll be going on the Fantasy next April for the first time with he same itinerary so I can't wait to read more :-)

A live update! How exciting! This sounds like a very promising start to the trip and I hope that it is a good sign and that the rest will go as smoothly!

Have fun tonight at the party!

Thanks! For the most part it was smooth, and we did have fun at the party.

Yay an in progress update! Happy travel day, hope the rest of your journey is uneventful.

How very odd re the shoes but $100 is $100 right!

And now we're back!

Howdy from Alison's couch! I arrived last night at about 12:30AM and Alison and I chatted a bit before I passed out! Can't wait to get on the ship tomorrow!

Geez, now you just spilled the beanz on my whole next update! :laughing:

Wow I'm impressed you slept before you left on a trip, that's amazing. Have a great time.

I know isn't it amazing? :lmao:

hope you and Fran have a fabulous vacation...can't wait to read your report:stitch2:

Will do!!!

:thumbsup2

Saw you!!

:thumbsup2

Cool!

How do you like the aft rooms? Ours on our next one is 8188 so the very back room. I thought I would try the bigger balconies since we have more sea days and we
can stretch out.

The thing I noticed was that the engine vibrations were very noticeable. In a way I found it soothing, kind of like the massage feature on the bed. :laughing:

I saw you too. My dh really wants to try a cruise for our next vacation so it will be fun to read your report when you get back.

Getting ready to start it, but we've still got another 36 hours of WDW.

Sorry I missed this. :)

Oh well. You can still join in. :)

Reading along!

You make it so real...I can smell the salty ocean air...feel the sway of the ship and best of all. I am eating right along with both of you. Hopefully I won't gain weight. Love your trip reports.

At least you won't gain weight, I did. :tilt:

aka not too hot and humid although Alison would disagree. LOL

::yes::

I did think it was pretty muggy outside. The aft balcony was better, but it still felt humid to me.

Joining in!

Just let me know....

Looks like it's off again, at least for a while.
<sigh> Maybe someday.

::yes:: An extra 500 bucks is always welcome.

Nah. Who needs an extra $500?

<pkondz is trampled by the multitudinous horde coming to collect.>

With the number of these types of figures that we have listed, I really should have the small size boxes around the house. But I guess I used them up shopping out all the ones we already sold! :laughing:

:laughing: That'd do it.

I did see it, and we did have a great trip!

Good.... and Good! :)

Day 1 (con’t)

I have a small update to the last update. Fran told me that we went to bed at 9PM and perhaps she did, but when I looked at my What’sApp conversation with my travel mates, I was still texting at 10:21PM so I got less sleep than I thought in the last update. No wonder I slept on the first leg of the flight!

We arrived in Houston on time and when I turned my phone off Airplane mode I found a voicemail from a tenant with plumbing issues. I had Fran call the plumbers that we usually use and gave them the tenant’s phone number to set up the appointment.

Right across from the gate where we landed and next to the gate where our plane would be leaving from was a Buffalo Wild Wings. I’d never eaten there before, but wings sounded good to me, and Fran was OK with it so we took a seat and immediately ordered some onion rings. They were pretty good!

z18FC0823BLT01.jpg

I got an order of Parmesan Wings which we pretty low on their heat scale, but they still had a bit of a kick for me. There were only supposed to be five wings, but they had given me six. I ate half the order and took the rest to go along with about three or four of the onion rings.

z18FC0823BLT02.jpg

Fran ordered the tacos, she took one, maybe two bites, but said that they were way too spicy for her and couldn’t finish them. I didn’t even try them cause they were covered in some kind of cilantro sauce.

z18FC0823BLT03.jpg

After lunch Fran went to sit at the gate, and I was ready for coffee (they didn’t have any at Buffalo Wild Wings). I’d heard good things about the coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts and there was one nearby. I think it was a mistake to order the Iced Coffee because it didn’t have any coffee flavor and it was just about the most horrid drink I’d ever had. When I sat back down at the gate, I saw a woman with a Starbuck’s cup and I had coffee envy not having looked for the Starbuck’s. But our plane was boarding soon and I wouldn’t have time to get a better coffee so I just pouted.

Pretty soon we were boarded and back up in the air on our way to MCO. It was a quick trip and soon we were on the fake monorail.

z18FC0823BLT04.jpg

Then we made our way down to DME, and finally we were on a bus on our way to the resort.

z18FC0823BLT05.jpg

We didn’t get a room text and I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong.

We were greeted by a gentleman at the front of BLT. When the bus driver removed her scooter from under the bus it was continuously beeping. It took us a while to figure out that the bus driver screwed up the horn on her scooter and broke the button. The nice gentleman at the resort gave us some scotch tape so we could at least tape it in a position where it would stop beeping. He also called around and tried to find a place that could fix it. He also filed a complaint with Mears, but we've done that before and it doesn't do any good.

Then we went up to our room.

z18FC0823BLT06.jpg

z18FC0823BLT07.jpg

z18FC0823BLT08.jpg

z18FC0823BLT09.jpg

z18FC0823BLT10.jpg

z18FC0823BLT11.jpg

z18FC0823BLT12.jpg

z18FC0823BLT13.jpg

Sorry about the blurry picture here.

z18FC0823BLT14.jpg

This is the second bathroom which Jill used.

z18FC0823BLT15.jpg

Went started our devices charging, and dropped off our carry ons and then headed to the Monorail for Trader Sam's.

z18FC0823BLT16.jpg

We didn’t have to wait at all for a table, there were several that were open.

z18FC0823TS01.jpg

z18FC0823TS02.jpg

I ordered a White Pearl, don’t remember what was in it, but it was good and I got to keep the glass. She got a Nautilus and it was different than the one she got before so now we’ll have one of each kind of Nautilus.

z18FC0823TS03.jpg

We ordered pot stickers, and chicken lettuce cups.

z18FC0823TS04.jpg

As she drank her Nautilus, she realized that she needed some more food for sobriety and she ordered a flatbread, which was meh. Evidently I didn't get a picture.

Then I got a mosquito Mojito. Also no picture.

Fran was exhausted so we went back to the room and she went right to sleep. I was still wired so I waited up and Jill arrived at 12:30. Originally Jenny was going to come on this trip, but she changed her plans a few months back. If you read the comments for the introduction, you might have noticed she was upset not to have a picture included in the intro. This gave Jill the idea that if real Jenny couldn’t come along we would bring Flat Jenny with us. We went out on the balcony and took a picture with Flat Jenny with the castle in the background.

z18FC0823BLT17.jpg

Then we sat up yapping until 2AM when both of us were exhausted and needed sleep.

:woohoo: Yay you’re all back! And thank you for bring in getting a flat me along. I love you ladies! :hug:

Your villa is beautiful! BLT had never been on my radar but it’s really gorgeous.

Can’t wait for more report!

And a table available at Trader Sam’s? :faint: I thought that was a myth like the Lochness Monster. ;)

This update- yess!!

D saw the wings and was mmmm yum- I’m not a super wings person unless they are crispy but those tacos :lovestruc (cilantro!) I’d have taken care of them

Dang about the coffee, good to know re the DD as I’d kinda heard the same thing but may have been inclined to order an iced coffee also.

That room is a beauty for sure.

Potstickers and lettuce wraps- classics and ah yes the booze need for more concrete food.

Flat Jenny - love it :idea:

I’d heard good things about the coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts and there was one nearby. I think it was a mistake to order the Iced Coffee because it didn’t have any coffee flavor and it was just about the most horrid drink I’d ever had.

We have a Dunkin' on every corner around here. I prefer their hot coffee over Starbucks code, but I think their iced coffee is all ice and cream :crazy2:

We were greeted by a gentleman at the front of BLT. When the bus driver removed her scooter from under the bus it was continuously beeping. It took us a while to figure out that the bus driver screwed up the horn on her scooter and broke the button.

That's terrible! I hope you were able to get it fixed.

This is the second bathroom which Jill used.

I love the two full bathrooms in the 1-bedroom at BLT.

What? Wow! When does THAT ever happen??

Fran told me that we went to bed at 9PM and perhaps she did, but when I looked at my What’sApp conversation with my travel mates, I was still texting at 10:21PM so I got less sleep than I thought in the last update. No wonder I slept on the first leg of the flight!

tumblr_magx3des9d1qcqckvo1_500.gif

We arrived in Houston on time and when I turned my phone off Airplane mode I found a voicemail from a tenant with plumbing issues.

Ugh. Just what you want when you're starting a vacation.
Or on one.
Or ending one.

Buffalo Wild Wings. I’d never eaten there before

Me neither.

I got an order of Parmesan Wings which we pretty low on their heat scale, but they still had a bit of a kick for me.

So.... how would you characterize yourself when it comes to spicy?
"OMG. It has tomatoes.... my mouth is on fire."
"Ooohh.... black pepper. Can I handle it?"
"Jalapenos in my nachos? No problem."
"Oh look. A ghost pepper. Makes a nice refreshing snack."

There were only supposed to be five wings, but they had given me six.

They do that for all the pretty girls.

Fran ordered the tacos, she took one, maybe two bites, but said that they were way too spicy for her and couldn’t finish them.

Same question goes for her. How's her spicy scale?

That sounds like a question for Ariel, doesn't it?

I was ready for coffee (they didn’t have any at Buffalo Wild Wings).

Um.... what?
What kind of restaurant doesn't have coffee?

I think it was a mistake to order the Iced Coffee because it didn’t have any coffee flavor and it was just about the most horrid drink I’d ever had.

Ew. Then... yes, it was a mistake.

Pretty soon we were boarded and back up in the air on our way to MCO

Pouting all the way.

Pretty neat shot with the sun like that.

It took us a while to figure out that the bus driver screwed up the horn on her scooter and broke the button.

:sad2:

He also filed a complaint with Mears, but we've done that before and it doesn't do any good.

well, that sucks. And... isn't right. At all.

Then we went up to our room.

Nice one too!

This is possible?

Fran was exhausted so we went back to the room and she went right to sleep.

Awwww... poor Fran. All tuckered out.

you might have noticed she was upset not to have a picture included in the intro.

Yep

This gave Jill the idea that if real Jenny couldn’t come along we would bring Flat Jenny with us. We went out on the balcony and took a picture with Flat Jenny with the castle in the background.

:) Nice of you guys to "include" her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!