A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

I can’t imagine that LBPD would call animal control. While you have a lot of cats, they’re all well cared for and that’s obvious. LBPD gives zero cares how many cats you have. They have much bigger fish to fry I am sure. I doubt they’re looking for more work. As a FF, Michael said he wouldn’t have called animal control if he entered your home. It’s not the amount per say, though there are rules, but how they’re cared for and your babies are well loved!

I’d love to see it before it’s rented out.

I would love to have cedar lined closets!!! beautiful place!

At least LBPD shows up quickly! My 18 year old son set ours off once and I was in a meeting and he had called to get the passcode but I never answer :rolleyes1 He gave his best guess (he thought it was our former dog's name but it was his step dad's former dog's name) So he had a nice surprise when the police finally showed up and he was laying on his bed with his headphones on just vegging out LOL Bet he did a load of laundry after that.

Well it was better than the time that same apartment had a supply line burst and water was squirting all day in the bathroom until the tenant got home. And then they found wet rot in the shower that had been there for years and we had to completely remodel the bathroom. Good times. We were staying at AKL when that one happened.

So how tempted were you to just sign over ownership of the whole place at that point?

No, I'm good with that.

I love black pepper, and even crushed red pepper. In fact I don't even think black pepper is spicy.

Nope. Nada. Nyet. Don't do Jalapenos.

Not even, buddy.

all right. Now we've established a base line. I think you and I are very similar in the spicy food department.

So I'm still wondering why I got the extra wing.

I told you:
"They do that for all the pretty girls."

Sheesh, lady. Pay attention!

;)
:hug:

You would know, with your engagement and all.....

We still haven't set a date.
I think it's because phones don't work so well underwater.

Evidently quite a few I am learning. Found one in Phoenix that didn't serve coffee either. Had to go to S'bucks after lunch.

Really! Huh.

I feel like I should be singing that.

::yes::

Nope, but it's the second time a Mears bus has injured a scooter of hers.

:sad2:

You'll see quite a bit more of her!

Yay! :)

Sorry this is such an OT and long update

Why? I'm glad you posted it! :)

Jenny says that some of you folks enjoy hearing little bits of real life,

::yes:: Jenny is smart. Listen to Jenny.

I screwed up and gave them the wrong password so they immediately sent the police to our house.

Whoopsie!

They found an open door, and armed officers searched the entire house. I'm hoping that the kitties hid the entire time. After what seemed like an eternity they came out saying that no one was in there. I could have told them that.

How could you have told them that?
I mean... if someone had gone in, they didn't know you didn't have anything they'd find valuable, so...

:confused3

Needless to say, I was rather shaken up for quite a while after that.

I'm sure you were.

Thursday afternoon we left for Phoenix. We drove straight through and arrived at about 9PM, not bad for getting on the road at 3PM.

Not bad at all.
If you recall, I was thinking of making that drive, in reverse.

World’s largest trumpet.

q18IRL0907PX01.jpg

So.... size matters?

These instruments were made of wicker from somewhere near Indonesia. I don’t know how they would play, but evidently they do.

Huh. You wouldn't think they'd have a good sound.

These were the instruments made of of recycled products and Trash. The orchestra where these instruments came from was featured in a documentary.

Do you know how they sound, then?

It was the first ever Regional LGBA event.

What does the "A" stand for? Alliance? Association? Something else?

we got some lunchables at the nearby CVS. I don’t think you need to see a picture of what lunchables look like.

Yep

Instead we drove through Whataburger.

Neither of us had ever tried one, and I can say that neither of us needs to repeat that experience.

Well... that sucks. But at least now I know I can skip it.

Imagine the pictures I showed you of last night with everyone in different clothes.

I thought you were supposed to imagine them nude or in their underwear?

Wait... that's for stage fright.

I had cannelloni. Notice the slightly blurry picture? That was actual steam coming off the piping hot food. This was absolutely heavenly. I ate every single bite, it was freshly made pasta and you could tell.

Nice. It (to me) doesn't look all that appetizing, but if you say it was delish, then I'm sure it was. :)

Then the same owners had opened a grab and go next door that served gelato.

Yum!!!! I looooove gelato.

After two hours of rehearsal, I couldn't keep my eyes open,

Awwww... poor sleepy Alison.

If you're keeping track, we’re up to 10 hours of playing in the last 30 hours.

Man, that's a crap-ton.

We would have been fine with half a sandwich.

It does look rather... huge.

This place where we lunched also did not serve coffee!

What is with that?
Just don't get it.
Surely they know people want coffee?

Good looking group(s). I even recognize some of the members.

:rolleyes:

The concert went well

Good! :)

She had a schofferhoffer, Weiss beer with citrus, a summer beer.

Is Fran a beer drinker? How did she like that?

An order of potato pancakes. Also good

Potato pancakes are not among my favourite things.
I can eat it... I just would rather have... almost anything else.

And we both got a variation of schnitzel. She got the Wiener Schnitzel with fried potatoes. I got the Jager Schnitzel with spaetzle. I’m a fan of the gravy.

This is a tough one. Can I mix and match? The schnitzel with the gravy and spuds.
Kay's favourite food is spaetzle. She's always asking me to make it.

The main reason that Fran wanted to come here was their collection of Turquoise and Silver Jewelry.

Does she collect?

It was a beautiful place even though it was 105 degrees out.

Too hot!!! :eek:

They were selling them in the gift shop for around $3K each so you can take a guess at how valuable this collection is.

Holy crap!
So.... what are they?

Pretty. I like.

I had a cup of the Posole, it was really good and hearty.

Sounds interesting. What is that?

But the real reason we were there was for the frybread for dessert. This picture is before we had the extra cup of honey to dip it in. So yummy!

That looks good. :)

But here are some shots of what has been done so far.

Place really looks great!

This was Fran’s teenage bedroom.

Love all the storage. A lot.

This is the Master bedroom. All of the closets are now cedar lined.

Nice! The smell must be wonderful.

ETA: I almost forgot to tell you that today was my ADR day for the March trip and I ended up getting all the restaurants that we wanted at the times that we wanted! Yay!

Great! :)

Now that I have taken up your time with OT posts! Back to the regular broadcast.

Whoops! I kinda forgot that this was happening! :laughing:

The group chat on What'sApp was going nuts

What was going on?

I had been trying to go back to sleep for the last hour but it was 8:30 and that wasn't going to happen.

Heh. Of course not.

But first, the day before Pam had delivered us a bunch of soda, wine and water for the cruise. She went all out on the water! There was plenty leftover after the cruise.

Very nice of her. :)

But first Jill and I took a picture with Flat Jenny.

z18FC0824BLT03.jpg

Yay!

Fran and I split the onion soup.

Yum! Want that. Right now.

and a Cafe Sandwich. The sandwich was good, but not my favorite.

That.... doesn't look that great, tbh.

Yay!

If you can’t tell they give you a nice hot bowl of rich chocolate, strawberries, angel food cake, pineapple, bananas, and marshmallows.

:faint:

I was not in there for one minute before all the smells started to give me a raging headache, so I waited outside.

Sorry to hear that. Are you normally susceptible?

So we went to the business center to see how much they would charge, and it was $1 per page to print!

That's... nuts.

We called up the cruise line and they told us that printing on the ship would be $.25pp so she decided to wait until we had boarded.

That makes zero sense. You'd think the prices would be exactly opposite.

Pretty. :)

So I'm sorry that its it's been so long since my last update, but life has been crazy. Also I know that there are five more TRs that I need to get to, but I had the chance today to get in an update, so I’m taking advantage of it. I will be by your TRs in the next week or so!

Hey, I know the feeling!

So back to our brief turnaround from the cruise to Phoenix, to complicate matters, Tuesday night on our way to band, we got a call from the alarm company, that our house alarm went off. I screwed up and gave them the wrong password so they immediately sent the police to our house. We were halfway on the way to band and we turned around immediately to go back home. It was a slow crime night and it seemed like the entire Long Beach PD was at our house.

Yikes. That looks like an ordeal.

Since we had to be back by 7PM, we got some lunchables at the nearby CVS. I don’t think you need to see a picture of what lunchables look like.

Nope, I'm a parent. I'm good.

Instead we drove through Whataburger.

Neither of us had ever tried one, and I can say that neither of us needs to repeat that experience.

We tried one in Texas last year, and...had the same feeling.

I got this Roast Beef sandwich, and I’m not sure what it was with bread in this town, but I had to slice the bread in half, there was just way too much.

They do seem like they give you big sandwiches down there.

The concert went well and here is a shot with everyone taking their bows at the end of the concert.

Glad it went well! Looks like you had a good time.

After checking out of the hotel we had one more stop. The Heard Museum which is dedicated to American Indian Art.

Hey, I think I went there while I was on my honeymoon...so that would be 20 years ago.

But the real reason we were there was for the frybread for dessert. This picture is before we had the extra cup of honey to dip it in. So yummy!

Man, that looks so good.

While we were enjoying our time at the Heard Museum, the contractor was finishing up the last of our old apartment putting up blinds. It’s not completely finished, we still have to change all the door knobs, interior and exterior, get new screens for the screen doors, put up some shades and clean the inside and get rid of our patio furniture. But here are some shots of what has been done so far.

Pretty swanky! Nice work!

ETA: I almost forgot to tell you that today was my ADR day for the March trip and I ended up getting all the restaurants that we wanted at the times that we wanted! Yay!

party:

We hopped on the Monorail and were at the Grand Floridian just in time for our 1PM reservation. But first Jill and I took a picture with Flat Jenny.

That's such a fun idea.

I was not in there for one minute before all the smells started to give me a raging headache, so I waited outside.

This is me every time I'm forced to walk into Yankee Candle or one of those bath lotion stores.

Jill said that the Contempo Cafe had some awesome cupcakes, so we stopped by there to get some.

But I thought you were stuffed from dessert! That monorail must work up an appetite. :p

What a fright, re: the alarm, glad that there was nothing going on of course, but how scary.

I enjoyed seeing the home made instruments, we went to Cuba years ago, and rented scooters to go out of the resort area a bit, at a roadside cafe we met a Canadian who offered to take us to a local place for dinner, we had a blast, and got talking about the resourcefulness of the Cuban people, he took us to see an amazing home made gym where all the pieces of equipment were home made- so interesting.

Wow that Italian! The cannelloni- wow! I would have gobbled those up too, no way I would have passed on gelato either!

Glad the concert went well, I may have missed this, but did you know a lot of the people? People you play with here and there?

The German place looked great also, I think I would have gone with half gravy and the spaetzel and the beer Fran had.

Mmm frybread- here a big thing is an "Indian Taco" - frybread with chili and the regular chili toppings (sour cream, chives, cheese etc) - yum.

The apartment looks great and congrats on your ADR's :)

That chocolate smores ish looking cupcake looks fabulous, mmmm! I'm very hungry now and it's not even 9:30am yet!

It was a slow crime night and it seemed like the entire Long Beach PD was at our house.

Oh dear!!! :scared1:

Needless to say, I was rather shaken up for quite a while after that.

These instruments were made of wicker from somewhere near Indonesia. I don’t know how they would play, but evidently they do.

q18IRL0907PX03.jpg
]

Those are amazing! I would LOVE to hear them played!

This was absolutely heavenly. I ate every single bite, it was freshly made pasta and you could tell.

q18IRL0908PX01.jpg

That looks fantastic! WOW!

What a fantastic picture of you two. Really like this one!

I have a squash blossom that is very similar. And yes, I do wear it. One of my favorite pieces I own.

And that folks is the next apartment up for rent!

Just lovely. :goodvibes You guys did a great job designing and managing!

YAY for sure! ADR Day is no small thing!

Another great shot of 2 beautiful people. :thumbsup2 How fun Jenny got to "come along"! :laughing:

but we did have some occasional showers for the rest of the night.

Par for the course. Hoping it stays mostly dry, but just wet enough to keep the crowds down.

So.... size matters?

Seems this is a common theme lately on more than one thread. ;)

q18IRL0904PD02.jpg

They found an open door, and armed officers searched the entire house. I'm hoping that the kitties hid the entire time. After what seemed like an eternity they came out saying that no one was in there. I could have told them that. While we have some cool stuff, we don't have much with a high resale value, except to a VERY select market. Needless to say, I was rather shaken up for quite a while after that.

Whoa that is scary! So someone really did break in?!?

We rehearsed until 9PM. When we were dining on the lunchables, I had thought I wanted to go out to get “real food" for dinner, but when the rehearsal was actually over, I was too tired. Instead we drove through Whataburger.

Neither of us had ever tried one, and I can say that neither of us needs to repeat that experience. Too much bun, meat pattie was bland, and there was a weird assortment of veggies on the thing. We each ate half and tossed the rest. After a little bit of TV to unwind, I went to bed.

I've never had one of those! But doesn't sound too great. I'll stick to In-n-Out!

Yum, I love fresh pasta!

I got this Roast Beef sandwich, and I’m not sure what it was with bread in this town, but I had to slice the bread in half, there was just way too much. Otherwise it was good, but way too much. We would have been fine with half a sandwich.

q18IRL0909PX03.jpg

That looks more like turkey than roast beef!

After we looked at the collections, and browsed the art store we were famished. They had a cafe serving regional specialties. I had a cup of the Posole, it was really good and hearty.

q18IRL0910PX04.jpg

I don't think I've ever had Posole before. Not many places around here serve good southwestern food.

q18IRL0910PX06.jpg

This looks so good! I love any sort of fried dough!

z18FC0824BLT04.jpg

and a Cafe Sandwich. The sandwich was good, but not my favorite.

z18FC0824BLT05.jpg

I really enjoyed the soup there. Your sandwich looks ok but the onion rings look good!

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I have the same tank as you! Cute group pic!

She wanted to print some music for the conference we would be at the following week. So we went to the business center to see how much they would charge, and it was $1 per page to print! Highway robbery! We called up the cruise line and they told us that printing on the ship would be $.25pp so she decided to wait until we had boarded.

What! I would think that it would be cheaper on land than at sea...that just seems odd!

Late to the party as usual. (Haven't had much DIS time lately.) Was reading through your TR and as you mentioned the Halloween party I thought "Oh yeah, that was our arrival day!" Sorry that even though we were at WDW at the same time (for about 14 hours) we didn't get to catch up. Look forward to seeing what you thought of MNSSHP. My two word review is "It's OK." The rain put quite a bit of damper on ours anyways, but we had a good enough time. Liked the stage show more than I thought I would. Looking forward to more.

I can’t imagine that LBPD would call animal control. While you have a lot of cats, they’re all well cared for and that’s obvious. LBPD gives zero cares how many cats you have. They have much bigger fish to fry I am sure. I doubt they’re looking for more work. As a FF, Michael said he wouldn’t have called animal control if he entered your home. It’s not the amount per say, though there are rules, but how they’re cared for and your babies are well loved!

Well that's good to know. I won't go into my thoughts on a public forum. :rolleyes1

I’d love to see it before it’s rented out.

Sure! Just let me know. We can go over there any time you're off work and maybe get a drink afterwards!

Hi, I'm following along.

:welcome:

I would love to have cedar lined closets!!! beautiful place!

The cedar was supposed to be for us. We had done our own closet (or Fran did before I met her), and never got around to finishing the other two. There's too many closets in our new house to do it.

At least LBPD shows up quickly! My 18 year old son set ours off once and I was in a meeting and he had called to get the passcode but I never answer :rolleyes1 He gave his best guess (he thought it was our former dog's name but it was his step dad's former dog's name) So he had a nice surprise when the police finally showed up and he was laying on his bed with his headphones on just vegging out LOL Bet he did a load of laundry after that.

It took them a while to get there too. We were in downtown LA when we got the call. And there was traffic on the way home.

So how tempted were you to just sign over ownership of the whole place at that point?

Not very. It did completely drain our savings. That was the first time. Been a few times after that, as well, but luckily we have more crap of value than the average person and could spend the rest of our lives selling stuff on eBay.

all right. Now we've established a base line. I think you and I are very similar in the spicy food department.

I had sort of already reached that conclusion.

I told you:
"They do that for all the pretty girls."

Sheesh, lady. Pay attention!

;)

:blush:

We still haven't set a date.
I think it's because phones don't work so well underwater.

Huh. Bummer.

Really! Huh.

I think it's all the proliferation of specialty coffee places. Perhaps they don't sell enough to make it profitable.

Maybe she may even make other appearances (aka Marvin).

Why? I'm glad you posted it! :)

Well, I'm glad to hear it.

::yes:: Jenny is smart. Listen to Jenny.

Alrighty then!!!

How could you have told them that?
I mean... if someone had gone in, they didn't know you didn't have anything they'd find valuable, so...

:confused3

The sensor on the laundry room door is faulty, or I guess I could say the laundry room is faulty. The AC intake is in that room, but I keep the door closed to keep the cats out. When the AC starts up it creates a vacuum in the room, and evidently opened the door triggering the alarm. My phone told me that was the door that had gone off, and really who would jump my fence in broad daylight, and go in the laundry room door? For some Disney figures and paintings? :confused3

Besides there are much better equipped houses in that neighborhood than our own. We don't even have a stereo system hooked up that works properly.

I'm sure you were.

Yeah like super paranoid. Checking my phone every time there was activity at the door, and checking who was there before answering it.

Not bad at all.
If you recall, I was thinking of making that drive, in reverse.

I thought of you and Kay several times while we were driving. Boy was that a boring drive! I thought about her and car sickness and there were not many places to stop for many miles. You did good by flying.

So.... size matters?

Perhaps to trumpet players....

Huh. You wouldn't think they'd have a good sound.

I wouldn't think they could make a sound!

Do you know how they sound, then?

https://www.npr.org/sections/decept.../from-trash-to-triumph-the-recycled-orchestra

What does the "A" stand for? Alliance? Association? Something else?

It was originally "America" but when bands from Vancouver, Sydney, and Melbourne had become members, they changed it to Association.

Well... that sucks. But at least now I know I can skip it.

Myself and Mark both suffered for you.

I thought you were supposed to imagine them nude or in their underwear?

Wait... that's for stage fright.

Yup. ::yes::

Nice. It (to me) doesn't look all that appetizing, but if you say it was delish, then I'm sure it was. :)

Well first of all, I'm a huge Cannelloni fan. I make my own, but I usually stuff it with beef and Italian sausage and serve it in a red sauce. This one was filled with Chicken and Prosciutto and the combination of Bechamel and red sauce was so heavenly. I love this combination but I can't make a really good Bechamel like this one was.

Yum!!!! I looooove gelato.

I think that's a universal given.

Awwww... poor sleepy Alison.

:angel:

Man, that's a crap-ton.

And then we played another 5ish hours the next day between the rehearsals and the concert.

It does look rather... huge.

Yeah, way too much food, should have split it.

What is with that?
Just don't get it.
Surely they know people want coffee?

I guess they know what they would offer would pale in comparison to people's expectations.

Good looking group(s). I even recognize some of the members.

:rolleyes:

I imagine just me, since everyone (well I remember one guy from KC) were all new friends.

Is Fran a beer drinker? How did she like that

She has been known to drink a beer here or there, and she definitely liked it.

Potato pancakes are not among my favourite things.
I can eat it... I just would rather have... almost anything else.

Huh? These weren't the best I've had. I let her eat the leftovers. But we really like them!

This is a tough one. Can I mix and match? The schnitzel with the gravy and spuds.
Kay's favourite food is spaetzle. She's always asking me to make it.

Actually the schnitzels were all served with the spuds even the Jager schnitzel, I asked for spaetzle instead.

Does she collect?

What doesn't she collect? Yes, we have quite a bit of cash wrapped up in turquoise, but even an intruder in our house wouldn't know where to find it. Our house is so much worse cluttered than when you visited.

Too hot!!! :eek:

That was the average temperature all weekend while we were there. That Saturday night party it was still like 90° at 9:30PM.

Holy crap!
So.... what are they?

I have no idea, but they were cool!

Pretty. I like.

I have a couple similar to that which she has given me. I hope we get more leisure time where I can dress up and wear my pretty jewelry.

Sounds interesting. What is that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pozole

I tried it a few years back at the Festval of Holidays at DCA. At least I think that's when I had it. Those little booths that they bring out three times a year are starting to blur together in my mind.

It was a tomato based stew with hominy, white beans, pork and other vegetables. It really filled my lightheadedness due to hunger. Lots of good protein in there.

That looks good. :)

Love frybread! It is soooooo yummy!

Place really looks great!

Thanks! I'm hoping to get it on the market really soon!

Love all the storage. A lot.

She designed it, pretty cool!

Nice! The smell must be wonderful.

Not sure, it's been in storage for a while. We bought it for us to have and ended up not getting around to it.

Whoops! I kinda forgot that this was happening! :laughing:

:laughing:

What was going on?

Just the other folks (who have yet to make an appearance in the TR) were planning on going to DHS, they were coordinating who was driving, what time they were meeting, stuff like that.

Heh. Of course not.

That sort of becomes a theme, until later.

Very nice of her. :)

It was very sweet. Otherwise we would have had to use a delivery service.

Yum! Want that. Right now.

That.... doesn't look that great, tbh.

Yeah it was OK. A friend here really recommended it, there was a little too much bread.

Sorry to hear that. Are you normally susceptible?

I use Tide Free in my laundry and can't wear perfume either, so yeah.

That's... nuts.

I know, but they got you, no other place to go.

That makes zero sense. You'd think the prices would be exactly opposite.

I know! And in the end it was free on the ship.

That's hilarious, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! :thumbsup2

JAger Schnitzel is my fave. My DH and I are so anxious for Octobetfest that he made Jager Schnitzel a couple of weekends ago. Oh yum makes my mouth water thinking about it.

I love it too! I could have it again!

Hey, I know the feeling

And I've got it again.

Yikes. That looks like an ordeal.

Yeah it was.

Nope, I'm a parent. I'm good.

:thumbsup2

We tried one in Texas last year, and...had the same feeling.

Yeah, one and done.

They do seem like they give you big sandwiches down there.

I don't know what's with that.

Glad it went well! Looks like you had a good time.

We did!

Hey, I think I went there while I was on my honeymoon...so that would be 20 years ago

How time flies.

Man, that looks so good.

It was!

Pretty swanky! Nice work!

Well, I can't take any credit other than writing checks.

That's such a fun idea.

It may even turn into a "where's Jenny?"

This is me every time I'm forced to walk into Yankee Candle or one of those bath lotion stores.

Yeah, I don't normally go in those stores, so I didn't expect this.

But I thought you were stuffed from dessert! That monorail must work up an appetite. :p

:laughing: we saved them for after the party.

Joining in! Looks like you've had a fun trip so far :)

What a fright, re: the alarm, glad that there was nothing going on of course, but how scary.

I knew the alarm was a false alarm. What was scary was law enforcement in my house when we have more kitties than perhaps the city wants us to.

I enjoyed seeing the home made instruments, we went to Cuba years ago, and rented scooters to go out of the resort area a bit, at a roadside cafe we met a Canadian who offered to take us to a local place for dinner, we had a blast, and got talking about the resourcefulness of the Cuban people, he took us to see an amazing home made gym where all the pieces of equipment were home made- so interesting.

Huh. Very interesting.

Wow that Italian! The cannelloni- wow! I would have gobbled those up too, no way I would have passed on gelato either!

Now I'm hungry again.

Glad the concert went well, I may have missed this, but did you know a lot of the people? People you play with here and there?

Some of the people I had met before, but most i didn't know. There are about 30 bands around the world and every year members gather for a conference and concert. The last one was in Kansas City and the next one is in Orlando. This was a regional event, the first one outside if the National event. People were mostly from either Phoenix, Albuquerque, Palm Springs, Denver, and a big group from Atlanta came.

The German place looked great also, I think I would have gone with half gravy and the spaetzel and the beer Fran had.

Just reliving all this makes me hungry for schnitzel again.

Mmm frybread- here a big thing is an "Indian Taco" - frybread with chili and the regular chili toppings (sour cream, chives, cheese etc) - yum.

That's actually what i had been hoping for. We passed a restaurant called "The Frybread House" when we went to Costco Saturday and we had talked about having lunch there Monday, but we got too late of a start and the museum cafe was more convenient.

The apartment looks great and congrats on your ADR's :)

Thanks!

That chocolate smores ish looking cupcake looks fabulous, mmmm! I'm very hungry now and it's not even 9:30am yet!

Nothing wrong with cupcakes at 9:30AM!

Oh dear!!! :scared1:

See and the worst part is that it was a faulty sensor. I knew it wasn't someone in the house.

Those are amazing! I would LOVE to hear them played!

I too would be curious what they sounded like.

That looks fantastic! WOW!

It was. I wish I knew of a place locally that has as good of food!

What a fantastic picture of you two. Really like this one!

Thanks. :goodvibes

I have a squash blossom that is very similar. And yes, I do wear it. One of my favorite pieces I own.

I have a couple as well, but I don't get to wear them much. I need more time going out and not cleaning out apartments and garages.

Just lovely. :goodvibes You guys did a great job designing and managing!

Thanks, all we did was pick colors, the contractor did most of the rest.

YAY for sure! ADR Day is no small thing!

And I'm glad I got that all taken care of.

Another great shot of 2 beautiful people. :thumbsup2 How fun Jenny got to "come along"! :laughing:

Yes, and I may do a few pictures a la Ponzi, like "Where's Jenny?"

Par for the course. Hoping it stays mostly dry, but just wet enough to keep the crowds down.

That's what I was hoping for, but no go.

Seems this is a common theme lately on more than one thread. ;)

:scratchin hmmm, I'm definitely behind and out of the loop.

Whoa that is scary! So someone really did break in?!?

No we have a faulty door in the laundry room. There is a vacuum in that room that causes the door to trip the alarm. I knew there was no one in there which is why I was annoyed at the alarm company for calling the police.

I've never had one of those! But doesn't sound too great. I'll stick to In-n-Out!

You have chosen wisely. :teeth:

Yum, I love fresh pasta!

Me too, and this was so good!

That looks more like turkey than roast beef!

It does, but it tasted like roast beef.

I don't think I've ever had Posole before. Not many places around here serve good southwestern food.

I first had it at the Festival of Holidays in DCA. Definitely a yummy option.

This looks so good! I love any sort of fried dough!

You could have even left off the word dough.

I really enjoyed the soup there. Your sandwich looks ok but the onion rings look good!

That soup is one of my favorites at WDW.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I have the same tank as you! Cute group pic!

I think I've seen a picture of you wearing it in one of your TRs.

What! I would think that it would be cheaper on land than at sea...that just seems odd

I thought so too, but then again most people on a ship don't worry about needing something printed, too busy recreating.

Late to the party as usual. (Haven't had much DIS time lately.) Was reading through your TR and as you mentioned the Halloween party I thought "Oh yeah, that was our arrival day!" Sorry that even though we were at WDW at the same time (for about 14 hours) we didn't get to catch up. Look forward to seeing what you thought of MNSSHP. My two word review is "It's OK." The rain put quite a bit of damper on ours anyways, but we had a good enough time. Liked the stage show more than I thought I would. Looking forward to more.

I had a similar experience only I was heading to the airport while another friend was on DME.

My next update will be on the party. We had a good time, good company was the main reason.

We left off with Fran having taken a 20 minute power nap after our trip to lunch, the Business Center, and Contempo Cafe. We wanted to get to the MNSSHP earlier than everyone else so Fran could buy the special merchandise. The rest of our group was having dinner at the Wave so we said "Hi" before hopping on the Monorail to MK. On the Monorail when we got to the Poly we saw some really bizarre costumes, but eventually we figured out that they were Hei, Hei and Tamatoa from Moana.

z18FC0824MHP01.jpg

After picking up our special Sorcerer's cards for the party we got our treat bags and headed on in. I pretty much had an epic fail at getting photopass pictures of almost any kind.

z18FC0824MHP02.jpg

I started off with the best of intentions, gathering pictures both from cool spots and photopass photographers.

z18FC0824MHP03.jpg

z18FC0824MHP04.jpg

z18FC0824MHP05.jpg

z18FC0824MHP06.jpg

z18FC0824MHP07.jpg

z18FC0824MHP08.jpg

Oops we tilted a little bit!

z18FC0824MHP09.jpg

And then just the two of us.

z18FC0824MHP10.jpg

Oops we tilted again!

z18FC0824MHP13.jpg

z18FC0824MHP14.jpg

z18FC0824MHP15.jpg

z18FC0824MHP16.jpg

We spent an hour or so picking up T-shirts, pins and other special merchandise before we realized that we were finally hungry again. It was 7PM and The Friar's Nook closed at 8PM, so we made a beeline over there to get some grub before it closed. Pub tots

z18FC0824MHP18.jpg

hot dog

z18FC0824MHP17.jpg

and a chocolate fried twinkie.
z18FC0824MHP19.jpg

While we were eating, we got a text that Pam, Karin and the gang were in the park. We finally got together and started on our journey for the evening by going through. the treat stop inside Mickey's Philharmagic. After that we followed with the treat stop in Pinnochio's Village Haus. It started to have light drops of rain as we waited in the second line, but not bad.
After a stop at the Tangled Tinkle Spot, we tried to ride Haunted Mansion, but the wait was something like 40 minutes and no one wanted to wait that long so we headed over to Pirates and we rode that while Fran waited. I never knew this but for whatever reason they can't have motors in the ride. She could have transferred to a manual chair and someone could have pushed her, but she wasn't having it.

We took a selfie when we got into the boat, but it was too dark for me to post, you really can’t see anyone. They had live actors at various points in the ride and queue which was special for the party and we yelled back and forth at one of them in the city scene.
While we were in the queue, a deluge let loose and the rain came pouring down. We hoped that would discourage people for staying and went to Main as Street to see if we could get into the handicapped viewing area. On the way Fran and I got cut off and separated from the rest of the group, she had already asked if she could meet me back at the hotel cause she was getting tired. I was slowing down and even if we didn't get cut off, I couldn't keep up with the pace of the rest of the group.
When we got to the HA viewing area, they didn't have enough room for all of us. It was suggested that Fran and I watch from there and everyone else would find another spot, but this sounded just like the last party I attended where everyone abandoned the two of us while we watched the parade and fireworks, so we just decided to go back to the hotel. I asked Jill how many steps she did that day, and since I had walked with her most of the day, it was close to how many that I had walked as well. She said 13,000 and that was way too many for me!
So Fran and I headed for the exit via the Disneyana store, and took a magic shot on the way out.
z18FC0824MHP20.jpg

z18FC0824MHP21.jpg

I barely made it up the hill to the Monorail and we slowly made our way back to the room. We had a lake view room, technically, but it also had a limited view of the MK, but there was just enough that I could park myself in a chair with a glass of wine and watch the fireworks from the comfort of my own room.

z18FC0824MHP22.jpg

z18FC0824MHP23.jpg

z18FC0824MHP24.jpg

z18FC0824MHP26.jpg

Afterwards I ate my leftover chicken wings and a couple of my Babybel cheeses, before taking a bath. I think we picked those up the night before on our way back from Trader Sams. I also slathered my feet and legs with Voltaren Gel as they were absolutely killing me! I was drifting off to sleep when I heard Jill come in.

Here is the candy we got, I've been eating it slowly since we got back, a piece or two a day. Its It's almost gone.

z18FC0824MHP27.jpg

z18FC0824MHP28.jpg

And here are the guide and treat maps from that night.

z18FC0824MHP29.jpg

z18FC0824MHP30.jpg

I have a couple as well, but I don't get to wear them much. I need more time going out and not cleaning out apartments and garages.

Thanks, all we did was pick colors, the contractor did most of the rest.

Yes, and I may do a few pictures a la Ponzi, like "Where's Jenny?"

That'll be fun. :)

:scratchin hmmm, I'm definitely behind and out of the loop.

I think you've been around on my thread since then?? :confused3

Super clever! Love it!

After picking up our special Sorcerer's cards for the party

OH, Thanks for the reminder!!!

Edna Mode!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!:lovestruc

I never knew this but for whatever reason they can't have motors in the ride

Huh? :confused3 I'd not heard that either. Dang!

They had live actors at various points in the ride and queue which was special for the party and we yelled back and forth at one of them in the city scene.

Okay, this. THIS is very cool and and I had no idea. Super stoked for this ride now!!

but this sounded just like the last party I attended where everyone abandoned the two of us while we watched the parade and fireworks, so we just decided to go back to the hotel.

:sad1: This should never, ever happen. I'm so sorry Alison that you were ditched- seems very thoughtless. :( And that it left a bad enough memory on you that you left again.

I need this shot! (It's the only way I'm ever going to get a decent shot of this guy. LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!