A New type of PJ - from the Maid of Honor's POV - March '10 WP Escape ceremony

Caitsmama

<font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<
Hi all! Well, this will be a different type of PTR - it will be written by me - the Maitron (is that how you spell it??) of honor. (a.k.a. the Bride to be's sis).

First a lil' bg info -

Who is involved:

Bride - Barb (my younger sis, 29)
Groom - Rick (30)

PTR written by me, Stacy (31) Brides sister and Maitron of Honor

And the rest of the immediate fam. LOL Which i don't need to thow all the names and such at you... ;)

Ceremony Date:
Hoping for mid-march 2010. She has been assigned Bill for a planner, and she is "penciled in" for the date she wants, but can't book it offically til July. :rolleyes:

Ceremony Location:
Escape ceremony to be held outside under the arbor at the WP.

Family post wedding dinner - will be the Luau at the Poly.

Why a Disney Wedding?
Well, first off, i have to tell you, my sis was never a "disney person" like i am, We (my dh, dd and my inlaws) travel down multiple times a year - three this year to be exact - and we all have AP's. My sis never "got it". :confused3

Well, then we all flew down (me, my sis, my mom, my dd and my MIL) to do the Minnie 15k & 5k races last May (2008), We stayed at the GF Concierge, and my mom and sis loved it! Then, we decided to do the Princess 1/2 Marathon this year (2009) and we all went again for a girls trip and the race, stayed concierge at the Poly.
Again, my sis had a blast, and finally started to understand the "disney magic" - and that Disney for us is not spending 12 hr. days at the parks in lines, but more of hanging by the wonderful pools and sipping tropical drinks while having our toes in the sand. :cutie: LOL (of course we love the parks too!)
Well, after have postponing her last wedding date (which was supposed to be this Sept. here - 150 guests, big reception, band, etc.....
She brought up on this trip, after walking over to the WP from the Poly, to see a bride come in, that she would like to do a wedding at WDW - for just a few family members. And then have a party/bbq later in the summer at her house.
I have to admit, i was shocked! But thrilled!!

So, she came home last week, researched the DFTW site, and called for info. Then she talked and was assigned to Bill. She has a date picked, mid - march of next year, (and yes, we will still be doing next years 1/2 marathon too!) and has chosen to do it outside at the WP. (Under the arbor). Then she wants to do a family dinner (courtousy of the bride and groom) at the Poly's Spirit of Aloha Luau.

Of course, me being the older and wiser sis, and certified Disney expert - and planning addict, as well as the MOH. has gotten the task of helping her plan this whole thing. :woohoo: Which i love!! We are trying to keep most of the plans b/w us - and not involve my mom and other family until the plans are firm. (The family knows about the tentitive plans- the date, the fact that it is in Disney, etc, but we are trying to just plan all the details b/w me and my sis).

So...... you will see me on here alot asking for all the bride-to-be's (or previous brides) help.
And i decided to start this PTR in order to keep all the details here - to later record in a scrapbook for my sister - as a gift from me. :)

What a great idea! Love that you're putting together a scrapbook, so cute. I'm looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter