A Pink Pixie Princess...FINALLY! A 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend Trip Report!

Good on you for getting all those mile markers...I got ZERO mile marker pics because I just totally forgot to do that. So I may just reference people over to here if they'd like to see what they looked like :)

I've realized that my race recap I've started is very picture heavy in the front and word heavy in the back so you aren't alone in the lack of later mile pics here. You actually got way more than me!

I wish I was there at the finish line to give you the giant-est high five (sadly my focus had turned hard to getting bacon at that point) but I'm super proud of you for conquering three races and dong it so strongly. Rock on! You are awesome :)

LOVE THAT PLUTO PIC FOR THE HALF!!
PLUTO IS MY ONE TRUE LOVE! Mr. Ariel484 will just have to accept that!
Good on you for getting all those mile markers...I got ZERO mile marker pics because I just totally forgot to do that. So I may just reference people over to here if they'd like to see what they looked like :)
I felt a little silly taking those pics because they just looked the same over and over! :confused3 But there was nothing else to take pics of!
I've realized that my race recap I've started is very picture heavy in the front and word heavy in the back so you aren't alone in the lack of later mile pics here. You actually got way more than me!
Yeah, I guess that's just part of doing races at Disneyland! So different than doing the WDW races...
I wish I was there at the finish line to give you the giant-est high five (sadly my focus had turned hard to getting bacon at that point)
Thank you, but I can't blame you for not sticking around...because bacon. ::yes:: I support your decision.
but I'm super proud of you for conquering three races and dong it so strongly. Rock on! You are awesome :)
Thank you!! I am super proud of you for killing it on your first half AND getting the pics you wanted - I'm glad you had run and ran an awesome race at the same time!

Food and Bling!

I headed back to the room to get ready for BREAKFAST!! My new bling came with me.

So much better than the hideous PDC medal they used to have...::yes::

33873543574_94e98cfdae_z.jpg

I’d brought my medals from Marathon and Princess weekends with me...I put those in my Tink cinch bag and headed to the parks. That bag was HEAVY and I was concerned it wasn’t going to hold up under all of that weight! runDisney may have annoyed me a bit this weekend, but they don’t skimp on the medals...that’s for sure.

I made a Starbucks stop before checking in at Carnation Cafe! The parks were SLAMMED today. Mother’s Day is a busy day at Disneyland!

C2C!

33873545324_8620db1ddb_z.jpg

Apple granola pancakes...oh yes.

34716191975_f71a42c71e_z.jpg

Perfect medals are perfect.

34585417301_aae273a178_z.jpg

After quick nap back in the room I headed to California Adventure. Pluto was playing a game of duck duck goose with some kiddos and it was the cutest thing ever!

34676009166_6299fd0485_z.jpg

Yay Soarin’! I may have grabbed this FP before the nap, can’t remember.

34676003046_ace7289624_z.jpg

Time to get some pictures with all of that bling…I didn’t notice it at the time, but one of my wire ears was bent. Wahh!

34716193035_794dfb41d7_z.jpg

Cool close-up from PhotoPass. It legit hurt my neck to have all of those medals on.

34587273961_d603e71f8a_z.jpg

I thought Donald was #1?!

34556550162_4c576113f9_z.jpg

I had a low point soon after this picture...I hadn’t eaten much that day besides the pancakes, pre-race breakfast and race fuel, and I was suddenly what Mr. Ariel484 calls “panicky hungry” - like so hungry if I don’t eat something ASAP, I will panic. I actually started getting hot and shaky - the panic was setting in! :(

Unfortunately, like I said, the parks were slammed, and the food lines were huge. Starbucks was closeby, so I went in that line and it was crawling. So I tried Clarabelle’s instead, which had a short line (but no hand-dipped ice cream bars, wahhh!). After 15 minutes of waiting after I’d placed my order, I finally got an ice cream cone. Crisis averted!

I think I bounced over to Disneyland at one point, hoping to catch Tink, but missed her.

Eventually it was time to go back to California Adventure for dinner at Carthay Circle!

33906831973_bb1234b5a6_z.jpg

I checked in and ordered a Sparkling Mare while waiting in the lounge (sparkling wine, elderflower liqueur and orange aperitif). Yum! And I waved to @ZellyB and @Chris-Mo because of course they were there too!

34585417631_4f6d760682_z.jpg

Soon I was taken upstairs and seated!

34716183745_fccf4ce3d1_z.jpg

Love the vibe of this place - it’s so awesome.

34716175985_7b48487269_z.jpg

I ordered a glass of red wine and the short ribs with gnocchetti pasta: rutabaga, baby chard, carrot-walnut pesto. The short rib part was just okay...honestly I would have been happy with a bowl of just the pasta, because that was really good, and really different. But I love the ambiance of this place enough to overlook the so-so short rib portion and will definitely be back!

34585417521_b21cf5dfbb_z.jpg

I’d been hoping to catch World of Color sometime this trip, but this was going to be my last shot and it wasn’t happening - still on East Coast time, I was done for the day. I headed back to the room (grabbing a Strawberry Sprinkles cupcake on the way), ate my cupcake and headed to bed at 10PM!

Up next: my last full day in Disneyland!

OMG! Pluto playing with the kids! How wonderful. I'm extremely jealous that I don't get to play Duck-Duck-Goose with Pluto. Mr. Ariel484 may be able to accept Pluto's place in your heart but what about poor Archie!

Love the 10th Anniversary C2C bling!!

So glad to hear your back held up and you had a great half run! Too bad entertainment was lacking, like you I've only done the Disneyland 2015 half so would always expect the same entertainment on the streets. So, at the Clif shot gu station was it just grab and go, no 'workers' at all?

That PhotoPass shot with all your medals is wonderful. You always have such great medal shots. It was fun to see you again at Carthay Circle. I swear we weren't stalking you!! I agree that the atmosphere at the restaurant was really good, but the food wasn't as tasty as I had hoped. Not bad at all, just not that special. But the decor was just great!

OMG! Pluto playing with the kids! How wonderful. I'm extremely jealous that I don't get to play Duck-Duck-Goose with Pluto. Mr. Ariel484 may be able to accept Pluto's place in your heart but what about poor Archie!
Archie is my #1 dog for sure. He will never be replaced! <3
Love the 10th Anniversary C2C bling!!
Me too - I hadn't really looked too closely at pictures so I didn't realize how much they'd really changed it. It's so awesome!
So glad to hear your back held up and you had a great half run! Too bad entertainment was lacking, like you I've only done the Disneyland 2015 half so would always expect the same entertainment on the streets. So, at the Clif shot gu station was it just grab and go, no 'workers' at all?
So I wasn't *really* paying attention because I never take those gels, but I do remember seeing them in a big pile on the table and the run in front of me went by and, like, smacked a bunch of them so they all fell. I think maybe there were some workers standing behind the table? Mostly I was just wondering why that lady was slapping them around like that.

So yeah, it seemed like it was grab and go...or slap and go, as the case may be.
That PhotoPass shot with all your medals is wonderful. You always have such great medal shots. It was fun to see you again at Carthay Circle. I swear we weren't stalking you!! I agree that the atmosphere at the restaurant was really good, but the food wasn't as tasty as I had hoped. Not bad at all, just not that special. But the decor was just great!
Thanks! I love getting pics of that beautiful bling :teeth:

Yeah at that point I remember just casually waving because it would have been weird to NOT see you guys by then!! I somewhat agree with your take on the good - half of my meal was good, half I could take or leave. I thought Steakhouse 55 blew Carthay Circle out of the water.

I made a Starbucks stop
Can never go wrong here..

Apple granola pancakes...oh yes.
YUM!

Perfect medals are perfect
LOVE IT!

Time to get some pictures with all of that bling…I didn’t notice it at the time, but one of my wire ears was bent. Wahh!
I wouldn't have even noticed the bent ear! Your hair looks great btw. :)

I had a low point soon after this picture...I hadn’t eaten much that day besides the pancakes, pre-race breakfast and race fuel, and I was suddenly what Mr. Ariel484 calls “panicky hungry” - like so hungry if I don’t eat something ASAP, I will panic. I actually started getting hot and shaky - the panic was setting in!
Oh! I get this way too sometimes and it stinks. Glad you were able to find some yummy icecream, but sorry it took so long. :(

I checked in and ordered a Sparkling Mare while waiting in the lounge (sparkling wine, elderflower liqueur and orange aperitif). Yum!
Drooling.

First of all you are hilarious and crack me up! Second, CONGRATS on your second fastest half! Can I get a what what!?!? Nice! That bling holy cow! I'm so glad you were virtually pain feel and back to your old self! I'm sad this could be your last runDisney (did I read that....I hope I didn't make that up) for a while......I want a real DISmeet! Love the pic of you, ZellyB and roxymama! Love your C2C Starbucks! Oh girl, do I get the whole panicky hungry thing 1000%!! Your meal looked amazing!

First of all you are hilarious and crack me up! Second, CONGRATS on your second fastest half! Can I get a what what!?!? Nice!
Thanks!!...but I should clarify...my second fastest DISNEY half. I classify Disney races in a separate category from the local ones due to the magic and the characters and whatnot. :teeth:
But still...what what!! That bling holy cow!
I knooooow! It's bee-yoo-tee-ful!!
I'm so glad you were virtually pain feel and back to your old self! I'm sad this could be your last runDisney (did I read that....I hope I didn't make that up) for a while......I want a real DISmeet!
You read correctly. :) I think I just need a break for a bit! We'll get a real DISmeet someday!!
Love the pic of you, ZellyB and roxymama! Love your C2C Starbucks! Oh girl, do I get the whole panicky hungry thing 1000%!! Your meal looked amazing!
Panickey hunger is the worst, but ZellyB, roxymama and Starbucks are the best! :yay:

Congrats on all three races! I know I read that the weekend races didn't sellout but I was surprised at all the room you seem to having running (excluding the 5k at the beginning). After having read the article you posted on another thread and reading your report, RunDisney really screwed up this weekend! I am glad that you were able to still have a good weekend despite it all but dang! I really hope for everyone's sake that they fix everything and it's better for the next race and for the people that come run Tink next year .

Congrats on all three races!
Thanks! :yay:
I know I read that the weekend races didn't sellout but I was surprised at all the room you seem to having running (excluding the 5k at the beginning).
Yeah, it was really crazy! And really nice. There were times during the 5K, once I got past the initial crush, where there were only like 4-5 other runners within my sightline. It was awesome and weird at the same time.
After having read the article you posted on another thread and reading your report, RunDisney really screwed up this weekend! I am glad that you were able to still have a good weekend despite it all but dang! I really hope for everyone's sake that they fix everything and it's better for the next race and for the people that come run Tink next year .
Me too!! I'll be really interested to see what happens with the upcoming Disneyland and Avengers weekends. I'm hoping that they will have fixed some (all) of this by then!

Yay for a fantastic half! That is super great, and again, another testament to your hard work!! I'm disappointed there wasn't more on course entertainment outside the parks (and I really hope they decided to put some in before Tink next year!). I would need music for sure during that portion! I'm always so impressed with people that can run "naked"
Oh and another shoutout to your race outfit. The vibrant blue colors looks great in that setting! And your wildflower shirt and mermaid leggings with the character photos. So great!

I can totally relate to the panicky hungry feeling! That happens to me (especially on vacation bc I go, go, go) I'm happy you got your cone in time, but that was probably no fun at all while you were waiting!

And yay for a fun meal at Carthay Circle. That place looks amazing.

I so wish I could've been in coral b with you and @roxymama! I was stuck soooo far back in E and we couldn't hear a THING before the race. Sounded like the teachers from the peanuts...

Love all your pictures and yay for having a great race!! I had a terrible run from falling at the 10k. But you deserve a good run after all your pain filled ones.

Also wish I could've stayed at the dismeet longer! I had so much fun. I'm normally not so outgoing so that was awesome. My boyfriend thought it was hilarious we referred to each other by our user names.

Wait, you didn't want to be woken up really early by a test of the sound system? Why not? (I'm actually super impressed that you managed to not freak out and worry that you overslept ... that seems like the normal reaction)

I love love love that you and @roxymama and @ZellyB got a picture together. It's so wonderful. And all three of you ladies look beautiful!

You got some great PhotoPass pictures!! And your character pictures are awesome too! (I think you may be the only person I "know" who loves Pluto as much as I do...)

The lack of entertainment outside the parks is definitely a bit disappointing. I don't know how much that's Disney vs. locals (or if its done in conjunction with locals), but ... having that entertainment there to pick you up can definitely be a game changer, and I could definitely see why people would be upset that it wasn't there.

I'm really happy to hear that you were pain-free and felt good during this race! After putting in so much hard work despite all the struggles you've had since the injury first happened, I think you definitely deserved this!

SO MANY MEDALS!! Seriously, I'm impressed that you were able to wear all of them at once without tipping over or anything. Dopey + Princess 5K + Glass Slipper + Neverland 5K + Pixie Dust + C2Cx2 ... that's what, 16 medals? OMG!!

Total medal envy! I just love that C2C. Great medal pictures in the parks! You always take good shots with the medals.

I've heard so many good things about Carthage Circle.

Can never go wrong here..
Yes, as we have discussed - Starbucks is life (as I drink my vanilla sweet cream cold brew!)
Soooo good!! :lovestruc
Those medals are perfection!!
I wouldn't have even noticed the bent ear! Your hair looks great btw. :)
Thanks!! :teeth: The magic of the curling wand!
Oh! I get this way too sometimes and it stinks. Glad you were able to find some yummy icecream, but sorry it took so long. :(
It is seriously the worst! I don't know why I had such a hard time finding food, haha!
Drooling.
For real. I need to try to re-create that drink at home!
Yay for a fantastic half! That is super great, and again, another testament to your hard work!!
:yay: Thanks!!
I'm disappointed there wasn't more on course entertainment outside the parks (and I really hope they decided to put some in before Tink next year!). I would need music for sure during that portion! I'm always so impressed with people that can run "naked"
Ya know...that MousePlant article that came out is making me wonder if this is the new norm for Disneyland races. I had no idea that all of those entertainment groups were comp'd with tickets (very naive of me, I guess). So if seems like if runDisney doesn't comp them in some day, they won't come back. I'm curious to see what happens at the DL half in September.

AS for running without music...I used to run with it all the time and then I realized I was just thinking about stuff on my runs (grocery lists, schedule for the upcoming day, etc.) and not paying attention to the music at all, so I ditched it. I do sometimes use it for looooong runs.
Oh and another shoutout to your race outfit. The vibrant blue colors looks great in that setting! And your wildflower shirt and mermaid leggings with the character photos. So great!
Thanks!! Have you tried the 6" shorts yet? As you can see, I am obsessed with them! And my Sarasa tank/Denim shorts arrive today...eek!!
I can totally relate to the panicky hungry feeling! That happens to me (especially on vacation bc I go, go, go) I'm happy you got your cone in time, but that was probably no fun at all while you were waiting!
No, it wasn't! And I probably could have chosen something a little healthier. :upsidedow One thing I am realizing reading back through this is how much CRAP I ate on this trip. I have no regrets!!
And yay for a fun meal at Carthay Circle. That place looks amazing.
It's perfect for those of us who are total Disney nuts. ::yes::
I so wish I could've been in coral b with you and @roxymama! I was stuck soooo far back in E and we couldn't hear a THING before the race. Sounded like the teachers from the peanuts...
Ah, me too! DIS-ers taking over!

I have had that problem at races in WDW, where I'm in the corral and cannot hear the announcements, etc. It's annoying! At the 5K/10K in WDW in January, none of us realized the National Anthem was happening until it was, like, halfway done. :confused3 They need to fix that!
Love all your pictures and yay for having a great race!! I had a terrible run from falling at the 10k. But you deserve a good run after all your pain filled ones.
Thanks! Ugh, I'm sorry you had a terrible run - you need to go back and have a great one! :( I hope you're feeling better!!
Also wish I could've stayed at the dismeet longer! I had so much fun. I'm normally not so outgoing so that was awesome. My boyfriend thought it was hilarious we referred to each other by our user names.
Same here - I guess it's easy to talk to people whom you already know you have stuff in common with!! And that's funny about your BF, I guess he has a point! :)
Wait, you didn't want to be woken up really early by a test of the sound system? Why not? (I'm actually super impressed that you managed to not freak out and worry that you overslept ... that seems like the normal reaction)
I know it sounds crazy, but I prefer to be woken up by the dulcet tones of my iPhone (specifically the Playtime ringtone). And yeah, I have NO idea how the whole thing didn't freak me out!!
I love love love that you and @roxymama and @ZellyB got a picture together. It's so wonderful. And all three of you ladies look beautiful!
Thank yooouuu!! :yay:
You got some great PhotoPass pictures!! And your character pictures are awesome too! (I think you may be the only person I "know" who loves Pluto as much as I do...)
Who doesn't love Pluto?? I mean...that's like a crime against humanity. ::yes::
The lack of entertainment outside the parks is definitely a bit disappointing. I don't know how much that's Disney vs. locals (or if its done in conjunction with locals), but ... having that entertainment there to pick you up can definitely be a game changer, and I could definitely see why people would be upset that it wasn't there.
Apparently it's a combination of both - Disney is no longer providing free park tickets to these groups, so they don't show up anymore. Lots of interesting info about how the Anaheim races are run has been coming out this week...
I'm really happy to hear that you were pain-free and felt good during this race! After putting in so much hard work despite all the struggles you've had since the injury first happened, I think you definitely deserved this!
Thank you!! I'm so happy too, so much more enjoyable this way.
SO MANY MEDALS!! Seriously, I'm impressed that you were able to wear all of them at once without tipping over or anything. Dopey + Princess 5K + Glass Slipper + Neverland 5K + Pixie Dust + C2Cx2 ... that's what, 16 medals? OMG!!
You're right that it would have been 16, but I had 13 - I left Goofy, Dopey and the XX Half Marathon at home. :confused3 I thought way too much about whether I *should* actually have/bring them since the half was canceled, so I just decided not to bring them. I think 3 more medals may have killed me, so it was a good decision.
Total medal envy! I just love that C2C. Great medal pictures in the parks! You always take good shots with the medals.
Thanks!! C2C is the best medal ever!! Regular or 10th edition, both awesome.
I've heard so many good things about Carthage Circle.
I'm assuming iPhone autocorrect got you - hilarious! Happens to me alllll the time.

I love love love the vibe of Carthay Circle - even if I didn't have a meal there, just hanging out in the lounge would be so fun. I found a download of the background music they play there and it's among my favorite park loops. :lovestruc

Day 5: Monday, May 15, 2017

Rope Drop!

The good thing about all of those early bedtimes (besides the fact that I felt super well-rested for the races) is that I had no trouble making rope drop on my last full day!

I got up and got breakfast to go at Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel (Mickey waffles and bacon - because is it really a Disney trip if one doesn’t consume some Mickey-shaped food?). I headed through Downtown Disney, making a stop at Starbucks. SIDENOTE: while waiting for my drink, I found out that the Downtown Disney Starbucks has mobile order (at least, the one by the Lego Store does). I totally should have checked when I left Paradise Pier...that would have saved me some time!

At 8:20, I was lined up at the Disneyland turnstiles! And I just waited, eating breakfast and drinking my coffee.

33906974183_898e1526de_z.jpg

I checked in for my flight home while I was there. The line grew…

33906950873_220cb55618_z.jpg

We were let into the park at about 8:40.

33874046374_8317b2fdd2_z.jpg

I actually decided I wanted to follow a touring plan since I had barely done anything in Disneyland Park so far, so I had a picture of that in my phone (from “The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland,” which I had checked out from the library a few weeks before the trip). The park opened at 9!
34716296825_8c022edc85_z.jpg

First stop for me (and everyone else, apparently) - Peter Pan’s Flight.
34332012610_0457d1959c_z.jpg

Despite the fact that I was there early, it took me 30 minutes to get through the line and ride the ride. Sigh. And I had a super annoying family behind me with no sense of personal space (that goes for the kids AND the adults). I kept thinking about just bagging it, but it sort of seemed like I should ride this ride, considering it was Tink weekend. It was cute...a classic.

Next up was Alice in Wonderland - the wait time was up to 20 minutes by the time I got there, GAH. But I hadn’t been on this one ever, and it was a “goal” of mine to do it during this trip, so I waited. It was cute but not as good as Peter Pan.

34332029900_93fa1f6145_z.jpg

After Alice, I headed into Tomorrowland and got a Fastpass for Hyperspace Mountain (EEEEEK my favorite ride at Disneyland!!). Then it was time for the Nemo subs, another new-to-me ride. I felt I HAD to do this one on this trip since I know Mr. Ariel484 will never do it (being under water and in enclosed spaces is SO not his thing).
34716301705_07c4bc5a00_z.jpg

Not gonna mince words: I HATED this ride. The line was SO slow and there was a part where there was a simulated explosion, and then it was totally dark for 10-15 seconds...I normally don’t have issues with claustrophobia or being underwater, yet I actually felt myself starting to freak out a bit. And it was just SO long...I was ready to leave almost immediately after it started. One and done!

Red Rose Taverne was due to open soon for lunch, so I headed there to line up. Rope dropping another meal!

Chef’s chopped salad with the grey stuff. I liked the salad more than the grey stuff (which I think is better in Florida).

34585508551_e762ee4bb5_z.jpg

I picked a table right under this stained glass hanging. 4-5 people came over to take a picture while I was eating, which was mostly funny but sort of weird at the same time. Soooo I think I’ll pick a different table in the future!
34332037240_573af26859_z.jpg

Onward!

34676067716_9f16f93f17_z.jpg

Had an okay skipper for the Jungle Cruise.
33874106304_0bdd80862d_z.jpg

My next step on the plan was to get a Splash Fastpass...but single rider was basically a walk-on, so I did that instead! I followed the signs to enter the queue through the exit and was on the ride within minutes.

33874036964_4b529b0997_z.jpg

I grabbed a fastpass for Big Thunder before heading over to Hyperspace!

34332031350_efb36802e8_z.jpg

...except the ride was down. Boo! I headed next door to watch Path of the Jedi, which I had never done before - I did like that!

34332010100_180d5bc359_z.jpg

By the time that was over, Hyperspace was back up! Woohoo!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

Hi Walt, Bye Walt

After Hyperspace, I grabbed a churro in New Orleans Square, along with a Haunted Mansion fastpass. Then it was time for Big Thunder!
34332023550_592c07b47b_z.jpg

After Big Thunder, I headed to Pixie Hollow.
33906954713_7301ed161c_z.jpg

Tink liked my manicure and suggested that next time I add Pixie Dust to my face like she had, instead of just restricting it to my nails.
34332009180_a7630832c3_z.jpg

Said manicure is gone now, and I’m sad about it. :(
34585495081_9de5092a8f_z.jpg

After Tink, I got a Dole Whip float! That’s 3 Dole Whip-like treats in one trip! Making up for lost time I guess.
34554592782_9ea2c4efa5_z.jpg

Hello, Tikis!
34585517851_eb0d26fcef_z.jpg

And then it was Haunted Mansion time. While in the FP queue, I got awesome news from Mr. Ariel484 - he’s working on his masters and had his oral exams that day (part of the reason why he didn’t come on this trip with me...really, it was perfect timing for me to be gone so that he could have the house to himself all weekend for a marathon study session). The news was that after 3 straight hours of talking and being quizzed and whatnot (3 HOURS!!!) he had passed his exam - I can’t say I was surprised (I’d quizzed him on the material before I left and he knew it all, because he’s super smart and had been preparing for months), but I was so happy and relieved for him - so, so proud! It put an extra pep in my step for the rest of the day! :yay:
33906971933_0f4bc2f154_z.jpg

I think I like Florida’s Mansion better...the Hatbox Ghost is pretty cool though.

And that was it! I’d had a good, full day and was spent. Time to head out...but not without a little medal photoshoot (I was only carrying the Tink medals + pink C2C with me today...one day of carrying allll of the medals had been more than enough for me).
34716318765_ef11907fce_z.jpg

34585501491_f8c2084fb1_z.jpg

I headed back to Paradise Pier...I’d been wracking my brain to try to come up with a souvenir of some kind for Mr. Ariel484 - he likes Disney, but doesn’t LOVE it like I do, so I knew a shirt or something wouldn’t work. He does love food though, so I ended up grabbing 3 Mickey Rice Krispies treats from the Paradise Pier gift shop - 1 for each hour of his oral exam. Because talking about math for 3 hours deserves some kind of treat, no? He was very happy with them.

From there, I went up to the room to pack up a bit...wahh! Then it was time to head to dinner!

Disneyland cat near the Disneyland hotel! I think this was the 3rd DL cat I saw this week!
33906938593_70d20af8be_z.jpg

Back to Steakhouse 55...hi Walt!
34676098636_4d37652db4_z.jpg

By far the best meal of the trip...filet with mac and cheese! SOOOO GOOD - blows my meal at Napa Rose from last year out of the water. This is definitely my favorite restaurant in Disneyland, between the great food, service and atmosphere!

Somehow I didn’t take a picture of my filet...oops!
34676057106_edc3655f0c_z.jpg

There was a couple at the table near mine who I started chatting with...turned out one of them was a CM and he said that with the races, they (the CMs) had been told to leave for work 2 hours earlier than normal due to the road closures and whatnot. What a pain for them!

Bye, Walt!
34716287435_f3e204d396_z.jpg

Back in the room, I finished packing up. I was getting increasingly concerned that Big Purple would be too heavy, and increasingly sad that I was leaving! During my last few race trips, I’ve been so ready to go home, but not this time. Maybe because I felt healthy* and well-rested* the entire time...and had a day in the parks at the end with no races attached. For the first time in awhile, I was pretty bummed to be going home! Ready to see my husband and dog again, obviously, but maybe I could have used one more park day.

*And when I say "healthy," I mean it - I woke up each morning feeling better than I had in months, back-wise...save for Princess weekend when I experienced the same thing. I discussed this with Mr. Ariel484 when I got home and we finally figured out that our mattress was most likely shot (I even called Paradise Pier to ask what kinds of mattresses they use!). Rather than buy a new mattress, we switched ours out with the newer one from our guestroom and I have been feeling MUCH better. And I don't think I would have figured that out had I not taken a couple of Disney trips. Disney magic! :wizard:

Last edited:
Day 6: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Now it's time to say good-bye...

But all good things must come to an end.

I was up at 4:30 and downstairs checking out by 5. The front desk CM and security CM were chatting about the race - remember how I’d been woken up so early on Sunday? Apparently there were tons of complaints about this to the hotels, and as a result, a ton of comp’d rooms. The front desk CM said they always try to assign the runners to the Disneyland drive rooms (which is what I meant when I said my room assignment was deliberate), but they can’t accommodate everyone.

The CMs this morning and the one last night at dinner didn’t say so...but seriously, what a pain these race weekends must be for the CMs, between complaints over things they can’t control and traffic issues!

My SuperShuttle arrived right on time at about 5:20 (cannot say enough good things about them! $30ish roundtrip, quick, easy, and the drivers were very nice). We made two more stops to quickly pick people up, and I was walking into John Wayne and holding my breath while weighing Big Purple just before 6AM.

The verdict…whew!! :rotfl2:
33906933213_fd5f530013_z.jpg

There was zero line at security. I was there so early that my flight (8:25 departure time) wasn’t even on the board yet. So I got breakfast and waited…

Flight #1 to Phoenix was less than an hour.
34676103026_d568997df9_z.jpg

While waiting to deplane at the Phoenix airport, I looked out the window and noticed the luggage being transferred...and a weird red & white tag on Big Purple...I wonder what that could be??

Flight #2 took off quickly after (another short connection time!) and I was back at my home airport by 5:15PM EST!

The mystery of the red & white tag is solved...hahaha
34353408420_60b321da44_z.jpg

And that’s it! Got my luggage, car and went home!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a really great weekend for me. I felt healthy and strong for all of the races, which is something I haven’t experienced in a LONG time. It was awesome. I also felt super well-rested since I stayed on East Coast time (and didn’t experience any jet lag when I came home). I LOVED having the last full day in Disneyland with no races - that was something I was debating on up until the trip, whether I should axe that day or not (I didn’t even buy my 5-day park hopper until the day before the trip started). It reminded me what it is like to have a Disney trip WITHOUT a race hanging over my head...I want more of those!

Overall, I would say I half-enjoyed the races. The 10K was perfect, start to finish. The parks portion of the half was perfect. The rest of it was a great race for me, personally…

But the 5K was the most disappointing race I have done at Disney, and the last 9 miles of the half marathon didn’t have much going on at all - I think if I hadn’t done a previous half marathon at Disneyland I would have been more okay with it, because I wouldn’t have known to expect anything differently. But compared to what I experienced at the 2015 Disneyland Half, Tink was very, very light on entertainment in Anaheim.

I have a very, very long email I am working on to send to runDisney with my thoughts. Ultimately I WOULD do the Pixie Dust Challenge again, but the Never Land 5K is off the list.

But the whole point of this trip was to get the pink Coast-to-Coast medal, and now I have mine! And I am so, so happy about that.

Thanks so much for reading!
34716177315_02c7a2ef56_z.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!