A real life episode from "RV"

Eyeeore

Mouseketeer
We’ve had an episode from the movie “RV” here today in the campsite next to us. I'll not give the loop number to protect the unwary until this rig is gone, then maybe on the loop recommendation thread. It’s a fairly large motor home and the couple in it are mid-70’s or so.

We’re setting here at the table and they come around the back of the motor home, each one has a sewer hose over their shoulder. Our immediate thought is “this can’t be good!”. They open the compartment where the water, drain, & power connect & stand back & look a bit.

Makes you wonder who hooked that thing up. I suspect this may well be a rental.

At any at rate, he proceeds to instruct her to hook the dump line up to the sewer and the camper. I might add that neither one had gloves on, not that it makes any difference if you carry in around over you shoulder.

At this point, I'm wondering if I should go offer some guidance but I'd had to have been really quick.

Somewhere along the process, the dump valve gets pulled and the hose comes off, spraying them both. There was at least 2-3 gallons shooting out the pipe but probably more. Lots of activity, lots of shrieking and cursing, and the valve does get closed.

She has her hand over her nose & mouth, takes the water hose & sprays water to try to wash down as much as possible but we all know how that works.

We’ve not seen them since. The hoses are on the ground, the door still open (they’ll get one of the residents squirrels if they’re lucky), & the water lines are on the ground.

You have to take your entertainment where you can get it. I should feel remorse for laughing but....

An update 30 minutes later.... they show back up with clean clothes on. He says to her "I know what I'm doing" and closes the hatch. The tank never did get dumped. This may get more interesting as the day goes on. Possibly also more "fragrant" as the temps go up.

Oh man, we never get that lucky. Great timing on the entertainment. :)

LOL, we had kinda the same thing last summer in Arizona. Motorhome pulls in next to us, must have been like Dad, Mom, couple of married kids and families, one hooks up the water hose and turns it on, other opens cargo door, hooks sewer hose, leaves hose running through cargo door, can't get shore power to work in camper. Well shore power wasn't there problem, someone had replaced the 50 amp cord end and didn't get the wire in the slot and melted the inside of plug. Campground hooked it direct to power. Meantime, I walk back out of camper and water is running out back of the motorhome, I go next door and tell them, they say yea, we didn't have valve or something in motorhome right and I leave. Come back out of camper again and 3 standing around looking at water hookup, I walk back and they say, well it wasn't anything we did, we don't know why it leaking, I take a look and they hooked the water hose up to "potable water" connection, well when the tank was full it just overflowed, told them to hook the hose to "city water" and they would be fine. the entertainment was good!

I would say this is a popcorn kinda moment but that would depend on which way the wind is blowing.

I take situations like this just as I do someone backing in...It's my entertainment.

If they ask me for help, then I'm all in to help out. Until then, it's showtime!

It sucks at the time but a good laugh at the end in many cases. Over the summer I had my own form of entertainment at a campground. While I was packing up the trailer's utilities, I inadvertently some how got the water hose to open the black water valve. Yeah that was a fun mess at the dump station as I was taking off the cap, I noticed a quick whiff of order and then all hell breaking loose. At this point, I quickly close the black water valve when I realized what it was. Everything is good. The dump pad, got a quick wash down. Then I proceeded to hook up and flush all the fun down the drain, literally speaking. Crazy part was while I was putting things away, the water line was the first to go. Since this was a summer weekend, the electric is last for the AC for the pup. Since my dad and mom are usually in the next site over I yelled over to my dad saying I think the black valve might be shot since I'm getting that black water odor. He said yeah that's a sign to think about changing the valve. Little did I realize I had I had created my own problem without knowing it. Now I check the valves before hook up, disconnecting and make sure I do not clip the valves with any lines. It was really just a fluke that would not have happen again unless I really tried. The black and grey water valves are OK to this day.

It's amazing that the "Mishaps" end up being the "memories" that we talk about the most (or at least a lot). As you point out @sirenia88, they do suck at the time, but a good laugh later on. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter