A room at the Beach Club could possibly be less than a suite at Art of Animation in early 2018?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Am I correct here? This year during January and February, the discounts that Disney released to the general public for Art of Animation were only 15% off during the week and nothing during the weekend? If they follow with this discount in early 2018 for Art of Animation, I can probably get an agency exclusive room at the Beach Club for less. Who would have thought?

We stayed at the BC last January and February with agency exclusive rates. I know that AOA was excluded from the few agencies we checked with as well. I've already booked our hotel for January and February 2018 and I got better deals at other deluxe hotels - we picked Poly (my kids always wanted to stay here, but C or AKL was cheaper) and POR (AKL was the only deluxe option).

We stayed at the BC last January and February with agency exclusive rates. I know that AOA was excluded from the few agencies we checked with as well. I've already booked our hotel for January and February 2018 and I got better deals at other deluxe hotels - we picked Poly (my kids always wanted to stay here, but C or AKL was cheaper) and POR (AKL was the only deluxe option).
Ya, I think I had an agency exclusive rate at the Beach Club quoted to me around 35% off for the same time frame, but we went with the Wilderness Lodge with a UOC.

Any idea how far out y'all booked with the agency for the Jan/Feb trip? We're looking at end of Feb 2018 @ BC. I have one booked through runDisney but am looking to cancel and rebook directly through Disney (not the sports department) or an agency that may save me some $.

What is the agency exclusive agent charging you for a deposit on a package deal? Mine told me it was 1 night room deposit and was a new rule for 2018 but I haven't seen that anywhere else.

What is the agency exclusive agent charging you for a deposit on a package deal? Mine told me it was 1 night room deposit and was a new rule for 2018 but I haven't seen that anywhere else.
I haven't booked yet, but that could very well be true. Wouldn't doubt it at all.

Ya, I think I had an agency exclusive rate at the Beach Club quoted to me around 35% off for the same time frame, but we went with the Wilderness Lodge with a UOC.
If you wouldn't mind private messaging me which agency you used, I would love to know. I've never went through a TA before, but rack rate seems a little steep for my dates and I'm getting too impatient to wait for deals for February.

It is odd. If the deposit is one night, it is more than likely a room-only reservation. Group rates can sometimes have dining plan added without tickets. Only way to know is to have a reservation number and see what shows up on MDX. My .02...

I had no idea this existed. I have a trip booked through Disney for Oct. 2017. I requested a quote just to see what the difference would be. I'm sure it is too late to switch, but I will know for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter