A room for 9 ?

One thing to consider is cost, you may get a little sticker shock. 2 or 3 rooms at a cheaper resort may cost less. Also factor in everyone being together and how many bathrooms you will have.

ETA: Some may suggest if an offsite house with say 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a pool and fully stocked game room and few rental cars would work? It may be half the cost.

Last edited:

yes but then lose extra magic hours plus dining plan options and not all adults can drive so lose transportation options if we need to split up
Thought about multiple rooms too but it’s a weird mix of family

yes but then lose extra magic hours plus dining plan options and not all adults can drive so lose transportation options if we need to split up
Thought about multiple rooms too but it’s a weird mix of family

I hear you I definitely prefer on property. Just be prepared to pay for those big rooms :)

Separate rooms on property will be cheaper than either a 2BR that sleeps 9 (not all do), and a GV is impossible to get save via DVC rental, which is a final transaction when booking. No changes or refunds.

Might work out better if you let each group make their own reservation and/or discuss ahead of time what your plans are. With that many adults, I doubt that everyone will want to do exactly the same things each day, so staying in one room will matter less. Each group may have their own budget in mind and perhaps you can agree on where/when to meet each day. Vacationing with a large group of adults can be challenging and you likely won't be able to please everyone.

An OKW two bedroom will sleep nine and will probably be the least expensive. One king bed in the master bedroom, two queen beds in the second bedroom, one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sleeper chair in the living room.

The Treehouse Villa at SSR will sleep nine. One queen bed in the master, one queen bed in the second bedroom, set of bunks (shorter and narrower than twins) in the third, queen sleeper and twin sleeper chair in the living room.

If you do look at a 2 bedroom villa I'd just recommend getting a dedicated 2 BR vs a Lockoff so that you get an additional real bed in the 2nd BR vs a pullout.

Sure, but thats not how it goes in all families!

If we want our kids grandmothers to come, we pay for them. Otherwise they couldn't afford to go. They still pay for their own food and park tickets, but we foot the room.

Of course, but the OP didn't make it sound like everyone was related.

The two bedroom villas at AK Kidani and at BLT are the only two bed units with three full bathrooms. I would recommend going with a dedicated two bed at one of those. It will give you one king, two queens, a queen pull out, and a single convertible chair.

Like pp's stated do a DVC 2 bedroom villa "dedicated" and book villas that have 3 bathrooms.....AKV,BLT.....also save by renting points :thumbsup2

Worth mentioning: Copper Creek Villas sleeps a hard limit 8 in a 2BR. To sleep 9 requires going up to the Grand Villa level.

One warning I always make when planning Big Family Vacations with multiple family units: Renting points has risk. If someone backs out, you can't cancel or downgrade. If someone decides not to pay, you can't cancel or downgrade. If the dates change, you can't change your dates on the reservation. It is set in stone once booked save in rare instances.

You have to watch sleeping areas if not all are couples. The villas that hold 9 do so with 2 people to a bed and a pullout couch. Make sure people are willing to share.
This is key! Room for 9 but you're gonna have a bed buddy. We had a group of 7 and really wanted to make the Treehouse Villas work, but the sleeping arrangements just wouldn't add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!