A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More! Oct. 2-9, 2017! *COMPLETED 12/20*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More!
10/2-10/9, 2017!

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my next trip report! You will be embarking on a very interesting trip for me. One reason is this will be my 4th trip to Walt Disney World since May. A crazy reason is I booked and planned this trip a week before I leave. Talk about a nightmare when it comes to planning especially with how much I like to plan. This will be my 2nd solo trip to Walt Disney World, and it will feature several experiences that I have never done before, as well as, highlights from many of my past trips. I really hope you enjoy reading about my solo adventure!

Picture taken at a recent Sporting Kansas City match where I am holding up the 2017 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Championship Scarf which Sporting Kansas City won on September 20, 2017. I’m a huge soccer fan.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate? :confused3 So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

MY DISNEY TRIPS IN 2017:

• 4 trips to Walt Disney World (this will be my 5th)
  • An 11-Night Southern Caribbean Disney Cruise on the Disney Fantasy
  • Three trips to Disneyland
  • First time at the D23 Expo
  • First trip to Aulani

You can say I have had a crazy year of Disney travels!

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

Picture taken at Disneyland during the last week that the Main Street Electrical Parade was there this year.

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

Like I mentioned above, this is my 2nd solo trip to Walt Disney World. I will be doing several experiences that I have never done, as well as, many highlights from previous trips to Walt Disney World. I will be embarking on 4 tours that will take me backstage at different locations of Walt Disney World. Another experience I will be doing is seeing Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba for the last time. I also get to
experience my 2nd Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party of 2017, and my second trip to the Food & Wine Festival in 2017. I am really excited about this trip!

I will be staying 7 nights at All-Star Music. This will be my
second time staying at All-Star Music within the past month. I tried to get an Annual Passholder rate, but I was not able to since all of the resorts at Walt Disney World are basically full. I was very fortunate to get a trip booked for this week when I did.

I hope you enjoy this adventure that I am about to embark on. I’m really excited to experience several new experiences, and I can’t wait to tell all of you about them!

I hope that you enjoy…A Solo WDW Adventure: New Experiences, Repeat Highlights, & More!

Last edited:
Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
Short Live-Updates! (Pages 1-3)
Day 1: Travel Day!
4. Day 1: EPCOT’s 35th Anniversary + 1 Day!
5. Day 1: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth!
6. Day 2: A Morning At My Favorite Park - Part 1!
Day 2: A Morning At My Favorite Park - Part 2!
Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Part 1!
Day 2: Magic Kingdom - Part 2!
10. Day 2: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
Day 2: MNSSHP - Mickey's Boo-To-You Parade!
Day 2: MNSSHP - HalloWishes Firework Spectacular!
Day 2: MNSSHP - Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular + Rest of Party!
14. Day 3: Backstage Magic Tour!
15. Day 3: Disney Springs + My Farewell To La Nouba!
16. Day 3: Magic Kingdom + Happily Ever After!
Day 3: More Magic Kingdom!
Day 4: A Rainy Morning at the Studios!
Day 4: A Rainy Day Continues + My Favorite Restaurant!
20. Day 4: Your Vote is Revealed!
21. Day 5: A Day In My Favorite Park!
Day 5: Wild Africa Trek - Part 1!
Day 5: Wild Africa Trek - Part 2!
Day 5: A Day In Animal Kingdom Continued!
Day 5: Rivers of Light + Pandora At Night!
26. Day 6: Morning At EPCOT + Behind the Seeds!
Day 6: I’m Never Going to Food & Wine On A Weekend Again!
28. Day 7: Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
Day 7: EPCOT, Resorts, & the Magic Kingdom!
30. Day 8: A Final Trip to my Favorite Park!
Day 8: Traveling Back to the Midwest!
32. All-Star Music Overview!
Bought Merchandise!
Conclusion!

My Next Trip Report: A Solo Trip: It's the Spirit of the Season at the Disneyland Resort!

My Next WDW Trip Report: Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World!

Last edited:

Jumping over from your last report. Looking forward to the new one. I have done some tours so looking forward to seeing which ones you do and what you think .

Jumping over from your last report. Looking forward to the new one. I have done some tours so looking forward to seeing which ones you do and what you think .
Thanks for joining in on this report as well! I'm really excited about the tours I booked. One of them I have done before and the other 3 will be "new" for me. I'm excited!

I will for sure be following along and checking out your older TR's
Thanks for joining in, and I hope you enjoy my other reports as well! Where do you own DVC? My Dad owns at Aulani and the Polynesian. I guess we like the tropical themed resorts lol.

POLL:

I am going to let those of you who are following my trip report vote for a show/shows that you would want me to see. I will do what you decide.

Question: When I go to Disney's Hollywood Studios for the evening, what nighttime show would you like for me to see?

1. Disney Movie Magic (which I have not seen)/Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular!
2. Fantasmic!

To vote, just make a post with your answer.

The poll will end tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9 p.m. EST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!