A thread you'll want to look at (especially if you know anyone with autism)

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
I found this thread on the Community Board. It's about about a great story that happened recently in the MK.

What an incredible story! My ds has autism and can imagine the joy of the father in experiencing the royal treatment of his son!

Thanks for posting the link, Sue!

My Dd is not autistic, but she has some obsessive compulsive tendencies and I could relate to some of the items in the story (like the "we are going out, we need to stop for fries part").
I'm just happy I clicked on the Community Board thread because things move so fast ther that by tommorow it might be on page 6!

Gawds have I got tears in my eyes!
My younger DS, 3 1/2, was diagnosed w/ ASD a little over a year ago. We've been going to WDW almost every month since Oct. (We missed Jan-Feb because I was really sick, the kids missed June and we'll miss July due to another vacation plan). My little guy loves Disney! He's become rather attached to Mickey. Won't go to sleep unless all his stuffed Mickey's are on the bed w/ him. (Which will make travelling interesting for this trip we're taking...*sigh*) Almost every trip we've taken has had a Magic Moment, though nothing so huge as Ben's! :)
My favorite one was back in April when Figment played w/ Vinny. He stayed out longer than he was supposed to because of how much fun Vinny was having! :-)

Sara

I frequent the board where the story appeared. I can tell you I was bawling my eyes out. I couldn't believe how much that boy was just like my ds! I'm glad SueM brought this to everyones attention. Magic does exist in the world!

I am done for the day...gonna take my boys and go to the beach - where I can wear sunglasses so no one can see taht I'm still teary!! LOL!!

:sunny:

:goodvibes :wizard: What a wonderful story, brings ot the big baby in me....pass another kleenex, DH, please. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter