A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

A Tipsy Tenth Reflection

Since this is my 10th dining report I thought it would be fun to sit down with a couple of bottles glasses of wine and end this with a nostalgic trip through all of my old reports.

My first report was called “ADRs We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ ADRs” and 5 years and more than 5 pounds later I’m thrilled to say we are still very much a non-planning crew. Somehow most of my pics from this trip are now upside down 🙃 (or maybe they are just tipsy) but anyone recognize these cheeks?

Moving on from our younger, formative Disney years here are a few foodie perennial favorites that have made multiple appearances through the years

No one will be surprised to see Carciofi pizza from Via Napoli with Arugula at the top of the list.

I’m clearly a woman of consistency because this appears in 7 of my reports.

And what does everyone want with their pizza, some more bread of course.

Sanaa bread service is a thing of mastery and a meal in and of itself.

And it wouldn’t be one of our trips without some infamous pretzels on the pooper

If only 3 year old Casey would have known that thinking the People Mover was called the Pooper would still live on all these years later.

Ahhh, Ahi Tuna Nachos how do I love thee

Nachos are already a perfect meal, but only a Yak could figure out how to put some tuna on top and substitute wontons for chips to make them infinitely better.

And it wouldn’t be a food party without some dessert. I’m actually not much of a sweets person but make an exception for these magical delights.

Liberty Tree Tavern’s Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

It's not only Oooey, its Gooey, so what’s not to like?

And how could something with magic in its name not make the list

While I’m sure @ariane37 is the official fan club president I’ll bat VP any day of the week

And now to some of the best Disney food and drinks to ever grace these tipsy lips

From this dining report and soon to make a return appearance…

Jiko Mac N’ Cheese. Take perfect mac and cheese and add in some wagyu and elk and this is pure meaty and cheesy perfection.

Artist Point (RIP) Cobbler

In our one time staying club level Jason and I would load up on AP’s cobbler that was served in the club every night and enjoy it on our balcony with wine overlooking Bay Lake. This experience cemented Wilderness Lodge as my favorite resort as no where else can you be right in the middle of everything and simultaneously miles away from anything. Scaffolding club was of course a close second.....

Speaking of favorites, Narcoosse’s has some of the best seafood/pasta dishes ever. Between their shrimp in a garlic and chardonnay sauce

And Scallops with Trofile pasta

Narcoossee’s is hands down the seafood winner. I usually enjoy trying something different at restaurants but at Narcoosse’s its one of these two dishes Every. Single. Time.

Sticking with the signatures I love just about everything at California Grill, but these magical grilled oysters with a roasted bone marrow emulsion are singularly the best thing I’ve ever had there.

And the single best thing I have ever had at Disney, North African Carrot Soup at Jiko.

Yes. Soup. It was that good. I’ve only had this once but to this day stalk Jikos menu regularly in hopes all that will come between me and it again is a plane ticket.

If its not clear from the above my favorite restaurant has oscillated between Jiko and California Grill, but after ten dining reports I’ll give it to CG but only by the skin of its amazing brunch teeth.

Shout out to a few of my EPIC Disney friends!

And last but certainly not least the place I’m pretty sure we singularly keep in business.

Of all of the parks and restaurants and resorts and bars, there is nowhere in Disney I’d rather be than at Nomads Lounge with some Annapura Zing next to me.

And there you have it. Just a few memories from 10 amazing trips to Disney. Shout out to our Tables in Wonderland Card for "saving" us almost $2500 over the years (don't even try and reverse that math you'll have a heart attack like I just did).

And double shout out to all of you for following along with me the last 5 years or in some cases even making appearances. Looking back at that first report a ton of you were early to my tipsy game but HUGE shout out to @TeresaNJ and @goofy78 who have stuck around since the very first report! Apologies for the second hand tipsiness I can only fathom you picked up!

And I’ll leave this trip down food and drink lane where it all began. For Walt it all started with a mouse and for me it all started with a tipsy note. There have been so many good ones over the years, but this was the original
"SpatZele like pasta star in creamy sauce scallps cooked nice cranky almond sweet raisin crunch arugil best point scllops"

And there you have me tipsy and cranky from jump.

The next party should be taking off soon so get your sporks and livers ready cause its gonna be another tipsy adventure :drinking1

Last edited:
What a wonderful wander down tipsy lane. Still laughing at the first tipsy note ( and trying to decipher it 😂). Thanks for all the adventures. It’s been blimin great!! Got my spork ready for number 11 👍

Loved the summary!! I’m not sure when I first “found” you but I’ve had a blast following along and have thoroughly enjoyed many of your recommendations. I’m actually sipping my coffee this morning then heading to WDW to say farewell to Illuminations and may hit Nomad this afternoon. I will have a Zing in your honor. Thanks for sharing these reports!!

What a fantastic wrap-up! I am so glad I have been able to live through your dining reports over the last five years. You certainly have made me try new places and I am so glad you share your experiences. I can not believe how little Casey was when it all started! I will certainly be here for the next five years and more following along!

I remember finding your first dining report about 3-4 years ago and I thought it was so awesome! I was hooked!

Thanks for the continuation of these deliciously funny reports!

I also thank these reports for having been able to meet you in person, very cool!
Excited for the next one! I know it was hot and rather crowded from my own experience :mad:

See you on the tipsy side!!

What an entertaining trip down memory lane ! Looking forward to the next tipsy dining report .

Awww, widdle Casey with her cute widdle wegs...

Asher has just barely outgrown this phase and I miss it already. :sad1:

Nice way to wrap up ten reports, I have enjoyed them all and look forward to the next!

I love your dining reports because you make them interesting and fun to read. I might not have made it to your first report, but I did find your second one. ;)

I was late to the party and this is the only “tipsy” dining report I’ve read. I have loved every tipsy review and have been inspired by many of your choices. I’ll be heading out in less than three weeks for my own dining inspired WDW vacation for F&W and some new restaurant options like Tiffins, Sana’a, Yachtsman, The Boathouse and Jaleo. Also doing three F&W special events.

I doubt I can’t compete with your tipsy notes but I am going to annoy people and take photos of my food so I ca now contribute to this awesome forum.

Aw, I loved your trip down Tipsy Lane! I'm going to have to go back and see when I first joined in your fun. I don't read too many dining reports because I'm a super boring eater, ya know…I don't think anyone wants to see me eat a Pecos Bill salad over and over :rotfl: …but I'm SOOOOO glad I found yours however long ago :love:

anyone recognize these cheeks?

Awwww…baby Casey :lovestruc

I think this is my favorite dessert in all of WDW…so yummy 🥰

Scaffolding club was of course a close second.....

😄

I’ll give it to CG but only by the skin of its amazing brunch teeth.

😍😍😍

Can't wait for your next one!

What an awesome recap of the last 5 years. I’m so glad I stumbled upon your reports and even happier to have met you and have spent time with you. You have quickly become such an awesome friend and I can’t wait to see you again my sister wife.😘

A Tipsy Tenth Reflection

Since this is my 10th dining report I thought it would be fun to sit down with a couple of bottles glasses of wine and end this with a nostalgic trip through all of my old reports.

My first report was called “ADRs We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ ADRs” and 5 years and more than 5 pounds later I’m thrilled to say we are still very much a non-planning crew. Somehow most of my pics from this trip are now upside down 🙃 (or maybe they are just tipsy) but anyone recognize these cheeks?

Moving on from our younger, formative Disney years here are a few foodie perennial favorites that have made multiple appearances through the years

No one will be surprised to see Carciofi pizza from Via Napoli with Arugula at the top of the list.

I’m clearly a woman of consistency because this appears in 7 of my reports.

And it wouldn’t be one of our trips without some infamous pretzels on the pooper

If only 3 year old Casey would have known that thinking the People Mover was called the Pooper would still live on all these years later.

Ahhh, Ahi Tuna Nachos how do I love thee

Nachos are already a perfect meal, but only a Yak could figure out how to put some tuna on top and substitute wontons for chips to make them infinitely better.

And it wouldn’t be a food party without some dessert. I’m actually not much of a sweets person but make an exception for these magical delights.

And how could something with magic in its name not make the list

While I’m sure @ariane37 is the official fan club president I’ll bat VP any day of the week

And now to some of the best Disney food and drinks to ever grace these tipsy lips

From this dining report and soon to make a return appearance…

Jiko Mac N’ Cheese. Take perfect mac and cheese and add in some wagyu and elk and this is pure meaty and cheesy perfection.

Artist Point (RIP) Cobbler

In our one time staying club level Jason and I would load up on AP’s cobbler that was served in the club every night and enjoy it on our balcony with wine overlooking Bay Lake. This experience cemented Wilderness Lodge as my favorite resort as no where else can you be right in the middle of everything and simultaneously miles away from anything. Scaffolding club was of course a close second.....

Speaking of favorites, Narcoosse’s has some of the best seafood/pasta dishes ever. Between their shrimp in a garlic and chardonnay sauce

And Scallops with Trofile pasta

Narcoossee’s is hands down the seafood winner. I usually enjoy trying something different at restaurants but at Narcoosse’s its one of these two dishes Every. Single. Time.

Sticking with the signatures I love just about everything at California Grill, but these magical grilled oysters with a roasted bone marrow emulsion are singularly the best thing I’ve ever had there.

And the single best thing I have ever had at Disney, North African Carrot Soup at Jiko.

Yes. Soup. It was that good. I’ve only had this once but to this day stalk Jikos menu regularly in hopes all that will come between me and it again is a plane ticket.

If its not clear from the above my favorite restaurant has oscillated between Jiko and California Grill, but after ten dining reports I’ll give it to CG but only by the skin of its amazing brunch teeth.

View attachment 439790

And last but certainly not least the place I’m pretty sure we singularly keep in business.

Of all of the parks and restaurants and resorts and bars, there is nowhere in Disney I’d rather be than at Nomads Lounge with some Annapura Zing next to me.

And there you have it. Just a few memories from 10 amazing trips to Disney. Shout out to our Tables in Wonderland Card for "saving" us almost $2500 over the years (don't even try and reverse that math you'll have a heart attack like I just did).

And double shout out to all of you for following along with me the last 5 years or in some cases even making appearances. Looking back at that first report a ton of you were early to my tipsy game but HUGE shout out to @TeresaNJ and @goofy78 who have stuck around since the very first report! Apologies for the second hand tipsiness I can only fathom you picked up!

And I’ll leave this trip down food and drink lane where it all began. For Walt it all started with a mouse and for me it all started with a tipsy note. There have been so many good ones over the years, but this was the original
"SpatZele like pasta star in creamy sauce scallps cooked nice cranky almond sweet raisin crunch arugil best point scllops"

The next party should be taking off soon so get your sporks and livers ready cause its gonna be another tipsy adventure :drinking1
That's fantastic! And your last pic is great! I've enjoyed reading your tipsy reports. Look forward to many more!!!

I have LOVED all of your tipsy dining reports and I can't believe I remember your first one 5 years ago!!! Keep them coming - your following just loves them!!

:drinking1 cheers!

I am really looking forward to Nomad's lounge and will definitely report back to you!

A Tipsy Tenth Reflection

Like I said before, super adorbs!

Looking forward to this. As I am doing this "go with the flow" style, I don't know if we're going Friday or Monday, but we are definitely going if for no other reason than this bread service!

View attachment 439790

This is awesome! The next time you guys get together, let me know if you all are okay with a tag along to the party. :jumping1:

When's the next trip, do you know yet? I'll be there this weekend and I am soooooooooooo excited (pretty much a solid 80% about the food alone). I enjoyed this as always, such a great way for me to pass the days until WDW:cheer2::woohoo::wizard:

Love the wrap up! I have read several of your reports but have never commented on them. We have such similar travel habits...the more drinks and food the better. You certainly pointed us toward some of our current favorites...Nomad Lounge and Yak and Yeti Nachos! Thanks for that! Keep the reports coming :)

What a wonderful wander down tipsy lane. Still laughing at the first tipsy note ( and trying to decipher it 😂). Thanks for all the adventures. It’s been blimin great!! Got my spork ready for number 11 👍
Thanks for journeying along with me and educating me on Irish culture, language, and most importantly eating and drinking habits along the way ♥ ♥ ♥

Loved the summary!! I’m not sure when I first “found” you but I’ve had a blast following along and have thoroughly enjoyed many of your recommendations. I’m actually sipping my coffee this morning then heading to WDW to say farewell to Illuminations and may hit Nomad this afternoon. I will have a Zing in your honor. Thanks for sharing these reports!!
Christine, you were certainly very early to the party!!! And how awesome I caught you in Disney. Hope you could enjoy that zing!!!

Ahh..Casey was little on her pooper then!

Ready for your next tipsy adventure!
It's crazy how quickly she has grown, but at least pretzels on the pooper are our constant :P

Love your reports!! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures
Thanks for joining along!

What a fantastic wrap-up! I am so glad I have been able to live through your dining reports over the last five years. You certainly have made me try new places and I am so glad you share your experiences. I can not believe how little Casey was when it all started! I will certainly be here for the next five years and more following along!
Thanks so much! It was funny looking back at that first report so many years ago and finding you there and still here. Thanks for journeying along with my tipsiness and sharing your own adventures. Cant wait to hear all about your next trip.

I remember finding your first dining report about 3-4 years ago and I thought it was so awesome! I was hooked!
We hooked each other. You and And give me so many mother/daughter goals ♥

I also thank these reports for having been able to meet you in person, very cool!
Excited for the next one! I know it was hot and rather crowded from my own experience :mad:
Its been so good to get to know you too. I'll never forget that first time we ended up at the magical illuminations party together. Seems like we've always known each other.

What an entertaining trip down memory lane ! Looking forward to the next tipsy dining report .
Thanks so much!

Awww, widdle Casey with her cute widdle wegs...

Asher has just barely outgrown this phase and I miss it already. :sad1:

Nice way to wrap up ten reports, I have enjoyed them all and look forward to the next!
Time goes way too fast. I was looking back at those first reports (which was actually our 3rd trip to the world with Casey) and can't believe how quickly she's become a little adult. Asher is gonna me there before you know it.

I love your dining reports because you make them interesting and fun to read. I might not have made it to your first report, but I did find your second one. ;)
You were certainly very early to my tipsy club. Thanks for following along on all my adventures!!!

I was late to the party and this is the only “tipsy” dining report I’ve read.
Late or not its always a party especially when you've got agave in your user name :drinking1

I’ll be heading out in less than three weeks for my own dining inspired WDW vacation for F&W and some new restaurant options like Tiffins, Sana’a, Yachtsman, The Boathouse and Jaleo. Also doing three F&W special events.
Can I come???? Seriously that sounds amazing. Great choices. Especially Jaleo! We have them here in DC so we haven't done the Orlando one but its been one of my favorite places for like 20 years

I doubt I can’t compete with your tipsy notes but I am going to annoy people and take photos of my food so I ca now contribute to this awesome forum.
Annoying people and then publicly displaying the annoyance is an internet right of passage, isn't it? Have an amazing trip. I can't wait to hear all about it

Aw, I loved your trip down Tipsy Lane! I'm going to have to go back and see when I first joined in your fun. I don't read too many dining reports because I'm a super boring eater, ya know…I don't think anyone wants to see me eat a Pecos Bill salad over and over :rotfl: …but I'm SOOOOO glad I found yours however long ago :love:
I don't remember when you joined in the fun either, but it certainly feels like you've always been here :hug:

Now I suddenly want you to do a dining report. I can see it now Pecos Bills every other day, babybels for breakfast, sangria from a box and all the refillable mugs. I'm in :P

think this is my favorite dessert in all of WDW…so yummy 🥰
See your dining report is getting better already

What an awesome recap of the last 5 years. I’m so glad I stumbled upon your reports and even happier to have met you and have spent time with you. You have quickly become such an awesome friend and I can’t wait to see you again my sister wife.😘
Sisters wifes for lifes ❤❤❤

Dont forget that sangria in a box is always the best!!!!:love2:
How did I not include that in my run down??? All the best drinks start from a box

That's fantastic! And your last pic is great! I've enjoyed reading your tipsy reports. Look forward to many more!!!
Thanks so much for joining in with me!

I have LOVED all of your tipsy dining reports and I can't believe I remember your first one 5 years ago!!! Keep them coming - your following just loves them!!

:drinking1 cheers!
You can't believe you remember, I can't believe I remember :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

When's the next trip, do you know yet? I'll be there this weekend and I am soooooooooooo excited (pretty much a solid 80% about the food alone). I enjoyed this as always, such a great way for me to pass the days until WDW:cheer2::woohoo::wizard:
No upcoming trips as of right now. I'm thinking we're going to do Disneyland for Spring Break next year so it may be a year before we are back again which just eats away at my soul. So you'll have to eat and rink lots for me this weekend so I can live vicariously through you

Love the wrap up! I have read several of your reports but have never commented on them. We have such similar travel habits...the more drinks and food the better. You certainly pointed us toward some of our current favorites...Nomad Lounge and Yak and Yeti Nachos! Thanks for that! Keep the reports coming :)
Thanks for following along with me and saying hi!!!! If we have similar habits than you must be the most amazing person with the best taste ever :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!