A Very Lucky (First) Solo Trip! A Feb/Mar 2020 TR * Completed 1/10: Brown Derby Lounge and Goodbye WDW

Thank you for taking the time to write your TR! I love reading trip report from pre CoViD ...
It reminds me of better times, and look forward to life being « normal » again someday... i really enjoyed reading about your lucky solo trip!

And wow... You got a really good deal out of that AP 😊

Hopefully you will be able to go back sooner than later, whenever you feel comfortable going back!
Thank you so much for following along! It's funny, as I was writing I kept wondering if any of my advice/thoughts will ever be relevant again :laughing:. I rely so much on FPs, it would be a very different experience to go right now I imagine! Indeed I got so lucky with the AP timing, I hear that those of us who cancelled APs are able to repurchase right now...trying to decide if I should take advantage of that even if it may be a while before I can use it :scratchin

I normally don’t get into trip reports, but I really enjoyed following along on this one! I initially started reading to get your experience at the Orlando Informer Meetup at Universal, but you hooked me in and I’ve tracked along with all the rest.

I’m originally from MN so that was a fun angle as well.

Thanks for sharing!

I normally don’t get into trip reports, but I really enjoyed following along on this one! I initially started reading to get your experience at the Orlando Informer Meetup at Universal, but you hooked me in and I’ve tracked along with all the rest.

I’m originally from MN so that was a fun angle as well.

Thanks for sharing!
Once a Minnesotan, always a Minnesotan! Thank you so much for following along, even despite my very irregular updating :rolleyes1 . I have so much fun reading TRs so I figure I have to return the favor! I'm very glad I did the meetup, once Universal opens a few more rides I think I will have to do a two-day meetup because I cannot imagine waiting in lines there anymore!

Once a Minnesotan, always a Minnesotan! Thank you so much for following along, even despite my very irregular updating :rolleyes1 . I have so much fun reading TRs so I figure I have to return the favor! I'm very glad I did the meetup, once Universal opens a few more rides I think I will have to do a two-day meetup because I cannot imagine waiting in lines there anymore!
I would definitely do two days if I did the meetup again! We ran into some hiccups with our night that seemed all Covid and/or Universal’s fault (very. long waits for food & much longer than expected ride times), but it seemed that OI worked to resolve a lot of those for the following nights of the meetup! I’d do it again after Covid!

It was fun (and amazing) to see how much you were able to get done as a solo traveler at Disney! I’ve never done solo - never thought I wanted to - but I had a bit of envy! If FastPass+ ever comes back then maybe I will!

I would definitely do two days if I did the meetup again! We ran into some hiccups with our night that seemed all Covid and/or Universal’s fault (very. long waits for food & much longer than expected ride times), but it seemed that OI worked to resolve a lot of those for the following nights of the meetup! I’d do it again after Covid!

It was fun (and amazing) to see how much you were able to get done as a solo traveler at Disney! I’ve never done solo - never thought I wanted to - but I had a bit of envy! If FastPass+ ever comes back then maybe I will!
I heard that the first night wasn't ideal with Covid and all, bummer that was your night! I had really short waits for my trip and still barely managed to get any food, I've seen some pictures of people who had like ten different plates of food and I wonder how they managed to do that :eek:

Going solo was such a different but fun experience, on my last trip to Disneyland I did one day solo since my friend arrived a day later. I think that was the best of both worlds! But totally agree that I'd only do solo again if FP+ is back. I can't imagine waiting 30+ minutes (alone) for every single ride if it doesn't!

Thanks for taking the time to write your TR. I have gone solo a few times and love it ! Hope you get to travel again soon .

Thanks for taking the time to write your TR. I have gone solo a few times and love it ! Hope you get to travel again soon .

Thank you for following along! Solo is great, I can’t wait to do it again some time!

Reactions: DLo

Thank you for such a wonderful report! I’ve never had the courageous to go by myself but, reading your adventure makes me excited to do so. Hopefully someday soon life will once again allow the freedom to move freely! Great job!!!

Thank you for such a wonderful report! I’ve never had the courageous to go by myself but, reading your adventure makes me excited to do so. Hopefully someday soon life will once again allow the freedom to move freely! Great job!!!
Thank you for your kind words!! I never would have thought I’d be doing a solo trip but now I just want to go on more! Hopefully we can all get back to Disney sooner rather than later :worship:

Wonderful trip report. Thanks
Thank you for reading, I’m so happy others have enjoyed hearing about my trip! :flower:

I really enjoyed reading along. I’m glad you enjoyed the solo trip.
I loved how many FP options you had, miss FP, please come back soon.
Thanks for the fun report!

I really enjoyed reading along. I’m glad you enjoyed the solo trip.
I loved how many FP options you had, miss FP, please come back soon.
Thanks for the fun report!
Thanks for reading Caroline!!!! I just saw your PTR, I hope it all works out and I am excited to hear your thoughts on Gideon’s and Hagrid’s! :woohoo:

Just finished your TR. I'm exhausted just thinking about all that you accomplished. If we did that many rides and running from park to park each day, without taking a rest day, we'd have to rest up for a week after getting home. Great report!!

Just finished your TR. I'm exhausted just thinking about all that you accomplished. If we did that many rides and running from park to park each day, without taking a rest day, we'd have to rest up for a week after getting home. Great report!!

Honestly I'm exhausted just thinking about this trip too! After a year of having the grocery store be my highlight of the week, WDW seems so overwhelming now :laughing: I think I would miss fastpass a lot if I went right now, but I bet it would make it easier to slow down a bit instead of "go go go"all of the time. I keep thinking that I'll hit the point where I am happy to just do a few attractions and head out, but apparently I am not quite there yet! Thanks so much for reading and commenting, I love hearing that people are enjoying reading about my adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter