A week of Disney dining in photos COMPLETE May 2

That sounds disappointing. We've never tried MM but have it planned for our HS day as we're doing Sci Fi for lunch and hate HBD. With new Toy Story land, we figured we'd probably want to spend the entire day at the park.

That sounds disappointing. We've never tried MM but have it planned for our HS day as we're doing Sci Fi for lunch and hate HBD. With new Toy Story land, we figured we'd probably want to spend the entire day at the park.
I've been reading a lot of reviews and the flatbreads are well reviews as is the steak - both decently well reviewed here too. So I guess it depends on what you eat :)

Various quick service items

One thing I did before leaving for this trip was to have the teens load my My Disney Experience information on their phones, which gave them access to mobile ordering for the quick service areas in the parks. Overall I was very impressed with mobile ordering. I am sure it won't be as wonderful as time goes on and more people start using it, but it saved us a ton of time! We waltzed by huge lines at popular places like Casey's Corner and Pecos Bills, and got our food with no wait. Definitely use the mobile ordering!

Here are some of the quick service foods we tried at the parks. EPCOT:

Cucumber margaritas from the Choza de Margarita stand in the Mexico pavilion: Tequila Avión Blanco, Fresh Cucumber, Orange Liqueur, Lime Juice and Agave Nectar - $14.25

Pretty tasty.

Sommerfest

Bratwurst with paprika chips ($10.29)

My nephew is a big fan of these and went back for another one a couple of times.

Frankfurter ($9.99)

Deemed not as satisfying as the bratwurst by my nephew

Cold macaroni salad with eggs ($3.79)

This looked disgusting to me, but my friend who ordered it said it was pretty good. I'll take his word for it.

Mickey cupcake from Fountainview

Studios:

the famous Mickey Bar

A pretzel with beer cheese fondue from Baseline Tap House ($9)

Fairfax Faire burger (I don't see this on the online menu, so not sure of the price. It had cheese and an onion ring on it)

Magic Kingdom

Mac and Cheese hot dog ($10.99) and corn dog nuggets ($8.49) from Casey's Corner

Sleepy Hollow:

Strawberries and Cream funnel cake ($7.79)

Funnel cake with powdered sugar ($6.99)

Pecos Bill's

Southwest salad with chicken ($12.99)

Bacon cheeseburger (13.49)

Chicken nuggets from Golden Oak Outpost ($9.99)

Next up, Satu'li Canteen and Jiko

That pretzel at Baseline Tap House looks great. How was it? We just had drinks there last time but some of the small plates looked good too

I've never been impressed with Mama Melrose (reminds me of Olive Garden) either but the steak and saltimbocca look good!

I am really enjoying the reviews - some of these restaurants are on the list for our next trip so it is great to have an idea of what to expect/what to avoid!! Thank you!

Neither my sister, my niece, nor I wanted a full entree. My sister and I got the same thing: Caesar salad: Caesar Dressing, Coppa Secca, Roasted Tomatoes, Black Pepper Puppodum ($16)

First of all - your reviews and photos are fantastic!

Really glad you mentioned not wanting a full entree. Forgive me if this is a weird question, but did you feel at all uncomfortable ordering something less than an entree at California Grille? I've never been, but have always wondered the attitude towards ordering several plates to share, or an app, soup and salad vs. one entree/pp. Specifically at CG. Personally, I love ordering several things to share or to combine as my meal so I'm happy to see others have done the same.

Last edited:
That pretzel at Baseline Tap House looks great. How was it? We just had drinks there last time but some of the small plates looked good too

The pretzel was better than the standard Mickey pretzel for sure, and the cheese sauce was MUCH better than the typical orange goop. I'd like to try the cheese plate next time. They have some interesting beers on tap too (and wine on tap as well!), but we were there too early in the day to partake.

Really glad you mentioned not wanting a full entree. Forgive me if this is a weird question, but did you feel at all uncomfortable ordering something less than an entree at California Grille? I've never been, but have always wondered the attitude towards ordering several plates to share, or an app, soup and salad vs. one entree/pp. Specifically at CG. Personally, I love ordering several things to share or to combine as my meal so I'm happy to see others have done the same.

I never feel uncomfortable sharing meals with my sister, my husband, or whoever else I feel like sharing with. In fact, I almost always share at Disney because most of the portion sizes are too large for my taste. Plus I like to taste lots of different things and sometimes the appetizers sound more interesting than the entrees. I've never once gotten any grief from waitstaff at Disney, whether at a signature or at a more casual restaurant. Typically, they will just bring an extra plate and we split at the table, but sometimes the kitchen splits the entree for us. Either way is fine with me. There are some more split meals coming up :-)

Yum! Your pics are incredible :thumbsup2

I found the same thing the last two times I have been to Skippers. Don't know if they haven't figured out the staffing or what's up. Sad to see the podium turn away so many guests. Guess the secret is out that it's a great place for great food.
A couple of days ago some friends I planned a trip for where in the Magic Kingdom and decided they wanted to try this place. They walked uo, saw the place was half empty and asked for a table. They were turned away and were told no seats available. Remembering something I had relayed to them from this site Rachel got on her phone (standing to the side of the podium) got an ADR easily and the girl at the podium stared at her phone for a second and seated them.

Plus I like to taste lots of different things and sometimes the appetizers sound more interesting than the entrees. I've never once gotten any grief from waitstaff at Disney, whether at a signature or at a more casual restaurant.

I feel the same way! I'm really happy to hear that. Thank you and keep the awesome pics and reviews coming!

Satu'li Canteen

I was excited to try the food at Satu'li Canteen. It sounded like the kind of food i like to eat at home. I used the mobile app to order, and arrived a couple of minutes after hitting the "I'm here" button. The food was already at the counter, and then man said he had called my name five times! Oops. My niece selected a beef bowl with rice and creamy herb sauce

She devoured this!

Our friend got the chicken bowl with salad base and the charred green onion vinaigrette. This had greens and quinoa plus a huge amount of chicken. Again, he really enjoyed this, and ate everything except the tomatoes (he hates tomatoes, weird!)

Everyone else got the chicken bowl with rice base and the charred green onion vinaigrette

My husband and I shared one and it was plenty of food for two people. Overall I have decided that this is my favorite quick service place in all of the parks. Tasty, healthy and filling.

Our Satu'li bowls kept us full until the end of the day, when we stopped into Nomad Lounge for a drink:

Before leaving the park for our dinner at Jiko. They brought us an amuse bouche. I saw a picture of this in someone else's review where they said theirs was tuna. Our waiter told us ours was beef. Short rib to be specific. I don't eat red meat so did not try this. My niece ate my portion :-)

They then brought us rolls with fennel honey butter. The butter was delicious!

We decided to keep the flatbread appetizer tradition going. This is the peri peri chicken: Piri Piri Chicken, House-made Hummus, Rocket, Bhuna Masala Sour Cream $13

Tasty!

We also ordered the mushroom leek flatbread: Portobello Mushrooms, spiced Leek Fondue, Sweet Peppers, Aged Goat Cheese $13

Mushrooms and cheese equals two thumbs up from me!

I requested that we order the Iguaday Tibs in Brik: Mushroom, Spinach, Cheese in crispy Tunisian Filo, Apples, Curry Vinaigrette ($12)

More mushrooms and cheese :-)

Taste of Africa is always a hit with my group. We got two orders: one for the teens and one for the adults.

My niece ordered the short ribs for her entree: Botswana Seswaa-style Beef Short Rib Cassava-Potato Purée, Sambal, Mushrooms $48

She enjoyed the meat very much. I think she left the vegetables behind though ;-)

My husband chose the Snake River Farms Wagyu Strip Loin: Macaroni and Cheese, Kachumbari, South African Red Wine Sauce $49

he said the meat was delicious and perfectly cooked to his liking. The mac and cheese he got had the borewat sausage in it, but it looks like that's been switched up on the menu.

My nephew chose the elk: Durham Ranch Elk Loin Celery Root Purée, Hibiscus-candied Apples, Turnip Atjar, Lemon-Elk Jus $49

He loved the flavor of the meat, but had eaten so much of the Taste of Africa that he could only finish about half.

My sister and I opted to split an order of the Maize-Crusted Halibut with vegetables of the moment and tomato-butter sauce $41

i have had this dish many times over the years, and this was by far the most disappointing version. The fish was lovely, perfectly cooked, but there was not nearly enough sauce, and instead of an assortment of vegetables, this time the fish was plated with a large quantity of legumes. I think they were parched peas? I did not enjoy this at all. The peas had a lentil-like flavor and texture, and I dislike pairing lentils with fish of any kind. My brother in law ordered this dish too and also agreed. We ate the fish and sauce, and whatever bits of green vegetables we could pick out. Honestly it was fine, we had eaten so many appetizers that we were pretty full anyway.

After all that food, only the kids had room for dessert. They decided to split the malva pudding: Melktart Ice Cream, Kataifi, Kanu Tuile, Cabernet Gelée $13

They enjoyed this. I was too full to taste it.

I also want to mention that we had an outstanding server. We were seated in the wine room off to the side of the main restaurant which worked great for our larger group. We could all converse with each other and hear what was being said. Despite the slight disappointment with the fish, Jiko remains one of my favorites.

Up next: Rose and Crown

Your photos are awesome! We tried the Tandoori Chicken Flatbread too and no microgreens. Maybe it's time to take it off the description. LOL I've seen many pics without it. The F&G Booths are always so fun and it looks like you took full advantage!

My family are not big eaters at all and walking around in the heat usually makes us less hungry. This means we split entrees or just get a couple of appetizers or a cup of soup. Nobody ever cares that we are not ordering three courses.

I was pleasantly surprised by Satu'li Canteen, I didn't think I would like it as I am a really picky eater but the chicken and rice bowl was really good.

My family are not big eaters at all and walking around in the heat usually makes us less hungry. This means we split entrees or just get a couple of appetizers or a cup of soup. Nobody ever cares that we are not ordering three courses.

Thanks for that @cammie810. I always imagined a signature restaurant would be less than enthused if I ordered an app and a salad instead of an entree.

I'm really happy to hear how many people also enjoy eating this way and that Disney has no weird attitude towards it! Thanks again.

Can't wait to try one of those bowls at Satu'li Canteen! We had breakfast there when we visited last September, but breakfast is no longer served, sadly. My husband & I both had the Vegetable-Goat Cheese Frittata with Wood-fired Herb Crusted Beef & Chimichurri, and it was so so good! So happy I can get the grilled beef bowl on our upcoming trip!

enhance

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!