A380 question

platypus67

Mouseketeer
So I've finally booked my flights for Dec. We normally fly direct from Brisbane but this time we've booked via Sydney to save 400.00 per ticket.

From what I've read on different forums the seats on the A380 are not as comfortable as the 747 and are less roomy...

I was of the impression that the A380 was far better for comfort. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

I definitely prefer the A380 to a 747, I love the little foot-rest "bag" under the seat in front.

I'll choose a A380 flight over a 747 one every time :)

Andona

the A380 seems a tad quieter, and tad less shaky to me.
However, last Dec I flew SYD - DFW on the qantas refurbished 747ER and that is very nice inside, and also has the foot nets and much of the comfort of the A380. Although I felt like my head was full of engine noise after the long flight. New and, clean and shiny. Haven't done the 747 out of brisbane since 2010 so I can't compare.

Most, not all, of the 747s have been refurbed to have the same seating, entertainment as the A380s. DH Went for work last month, he said they have snack bars, but not as good.

The aisles are slightly wider in the A380 and its quieter.

Thanks for the comments. I flew Virgin out of Brisbane in January and found that more comfortable than the Qantas 747 that I had flown a year earlier.
I'll look forward to seeing how this trip compares with previous one.

hi there

after flying SYD-LAX PE on virgin, ANZ.. business class ANZ & Delta.....economy delta...we LOVE the Qantas A380 economy product. :lovestruc
But try and get seats in the tiny upper economy cabin...fantastic.rows 24-36 I think they are.
as everyone has mentioned its quiet, smooth, and a pleasure to travel in. Just be prepared to use a pillow on the seat as they are still very firm.

There weren't any upper cabin seats available but I will check back often to see if any do become available.

We arrived at the GCV on Tuesday, having flown A380, and it's definitely an improvement over the 747s. Comfier seats, and considerably quieter. Snack bar a disappointment, but they fed us plenty of food anyway. We managed to snaffle prized seats 80A and K. Superb ! 71D also a prime position, as is upstairs, but they are often blocked seats for FFers. Love the tail camera, too !

Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter