AAA Preferred Parking lots?

texmom

Earning My Ears
We will have a AAA preferred parking pass for the first time in December. Are the AAA lots really close in? For which parks does this perk help the most?

Any info about this would be much appreciated...usually we let Disney do the driving but DH wants to try driving to the parks more this time.

Thanks!

We tried the AAA parking pass about 4 years ago - but - (unless it's changed since then) if you don't get there early enough it fills up really quickly - very limited number of spots and we thought we were there early enough but never got in the "special" lot. They are usually about three or four rows back from the front of the lot. For MK it would be the TTC lot-still need to take boat or monorail. Others, you could probably walk to the entrance but getting out after an evening performance is sometimes a problem.
IMHO it was just as easy to get normal parking and take the trams to the entrance (or back especially after a long day of walking with kids).

We got ours through AAA Vacations when we booked our package through them.
You receive a AAA Vacations Diamond club card (I think that's what it's called-it was a while ago).

Thanks for the quick replies... I got the pass just by buying park hoppers. When I first bought my tickets they wouldn't give it to me, they said I had to buy a package. But then I saw something on this board about you only have to buy tickets so I went back in yesterday and one of the travel agents said that you can get the parking pass just by buying tickets. The girl working at the front desk didn't know anything about it but the travel agent showed her where they were kept.

The entire month of December is blocked out for the MK, but the other parks say I can use it while we are there. I'll report back when we get home and let everyone know how it worked...anyone else out there had any experiences with this?

I don't know much about the AAA sections of the other parks... but one thing to note about the MK Parking... the Diamond Lot is NOT serviced by the parking trams. This means you need to walk to and from your car. It's about a 5-10 minute walk, depending on how fast you walk. IMHO, it's easier just to take the tram.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter