AAA vs AP

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
What generally gives a better rate, AAA or AP. Looking particularly for Aug. 2005, either moderate or deluxe. Thanks!!

I believe the AAA discount is either 10% or 15%. For deluxes this spring and summer, the rate has been $100 off the rack rate.

As an example and this is the rate through the first part of July -- a standard Animal Kingdom Lodge room is $154.99 (that includes tax); a standard at Beach Club and/or Boardwalk is $260.41 (includes tax) with an AP.

Didn't check on the AAA rates so I can't help you there.

I'm not sure what the latest round of AP rates are for -- by that I mean which month they are good through. You may want to check www.mousesavers.com for the latest AP discounts. I believe you can also see that the various AAA discounts available through that website.

Using an AP we are saving a little over $30 a night over the AAA rates at each of the hotels we are staying at (BC, AKL savannah, Poly), in late July to early August. The savings varies a little with each (AKL being the best savings at $35 a night, Poly being the least at $32 a night). Overall after purchasing the AP (instead of the MYW 10 day hopper expiry, no pluses) we come out around $210 ahead on the AP rate.

At this point though for 2005, depending what time in August you want to go (especially the time for which AP rates are already out), you may be subject to just choosing whatever is still available, be it AAA, or AP.

AP code is out for 7/5 to 8/27 (see "Current Disney Discounts" on this website). You should come out way ahead of AAA with the AP discount assuming the room you want is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter