ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Whoa, I have no words! You have such a generous spirit, and apparently all the energy in the world, lady! You are a real force to be reckoned with. I hope one day I can grow up to be even half as good as you!

Pish posh! I've always wanted to go to Africa and this was the way I could get myself there AND make a difference. :) Yes, it was far more work (and WAY more expensive) that I ever thought it would be, but it'll all be worth it in the end. I can't wait to come home and share all the stories I know will be worth the telling!

Fun update!

Thanks, Alison! :)

Sorry you misunderstood about the cheese dog. I like the combination (splitting a hot dog and cheese one with Fran) of both. The cheese is good, but I need the hot dog to balance it out. In fact we did that same thing a week ago Friday.

Oh no worries. It was tasty, just not what I thought it was going to be. Like you, I'd have liked some 'savory' to balance it out. Next time, I'll know.

I'm sorry your feet hurt. I can totally relate to that. I was rushing to get somewhere yesterday and the whole shin splints thing reared it's ugly head.

OH no!! I"m so sorry! That's just not fun at all. I've had those in college and they do hurt. :(

You did a great job of getting all the eggs, but since I'm resorting to reading and replying to posts on my phone, I can hardly even tell which eggs you've found, much less which one is missing. Honestly, I can tell they are eggs, but I can't make out much detail.

I forgot a photo along the way, and I think I combined photos from DCA and DTD, so in the end they were all mushed up. The point was to find all 36, which I did, and was happy to get my little prize eggs.

I had great fun last week, but I need to get caught up here and IRL.

Sure looked like a good time! Yes, completely get the getting caught up part!

100% absolutely does!
Woo hoo...I'm a wizard!

Yes, you did!
I hate getting bacon I don't remember. Senility maybe.

Princess Bride....

Niiiiice and lean. (Quoted nearly daily at our house.)
Thanks for the correction. I admit that's one I don't know verbatim. So many good lines in that movie. My favorite movie ever. Good for young and old alike.

Remember the Coneheads from SNL? So. Funny!
We must eat and drink mass quantities. Just as long as they're not fake corn dogs with no dog.

The old SNL was the best in my opinion.
Samurai baker/butcher/etc.
Rosanne Rosannadanna - never mind
Jane, you ignorant s***
Cheesboogie, cheesboogie, chip chip, coke. No coke, Pepsi!
Just some wild and crazy guys
Basebol ben bery bery good to me.
Just the ones that popped into my head.
So many

Woo hoo...I'm a wizard!

Yes. Now for you next act, free APs for everyone! :rotfl2:

I hate getting bacon I don't remember. Senility maybe.

You're in very good company.

Thanks for the correction. I admit that's one I don't know verbatim. So many good lines in that movie. My favorite movie ever. Good for young and old alike.

Near the top for me too. It's such a, like you say, versatile movie that everyone can like!

We must eat and drink mass quantities. Just as long as they're not fake corn dogs with no dog.

Here, here!!

The old SNL was the best in my opinion.
Samurai baker/butcher/etc.
Rosanne Rosannadanna - never mind
Jane, you ignorant s***
Cheesboogie, cheesboogie, chip chip, coke. No coke, Pepsi!
Just some wild and crazy guys
Basebol ben bery bery good to me.
Just the ones that popped into my head.
So many

Oh man, you even reminded me of some I hadn't recalled. Nicely done!And you're right, the old cast was just... a billion times funnier. WAY too political now- if I watched TV at all, (I don't) I'd watch it to get AWAY from all of that! Sheesh!

Yes. Now for you next act, free APs for everyone! :rotfl2:
Oh crap. I quickly went from wizard to broke. Thanks a lot Liesa.

You're in very good company.
Huh? What? What were we talking about? Who are you?

Near the top for me too. It's such a, like you say, versatile movie that everyone can like!
My two favorite (and I can impersonate Inigo's voice]
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Here, here!!
Where? Where?

Oh man, you even reminded me of some I hadn't recalled. Nicely done!And you're right, the old cast was just... a billion times funnier. WAY too political now- if I watched TV at all, (I don't) I'd watch it to get AWAY from all of that! Sheesh!
Thank you. A nicely done coming from you is high praise indeed.

Oh crap. I quickly went from wizard to broke. Thanks a lot Liesa.

pixiedust:

Huh? What? What were we talking about? Who are you?

:lmao:

My two favorite (and I can impersonate Inigo's voice]
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

We tweak the 2nd one. "My name is Mommy. You touched my coffee; prepare to die."

Where? Where?

Hmmm, today? Let's say, bed in a bit, so I can nap for my upcoming night shift. :( Only have to do 2-4 a month, but I still hate 'em.

Thank you. A nicely done coming from you is high praise indeed.

Nah! Ya done good!

My Dear Readers! Please forgive my long absence. As my trip(s) get(s) closer, I'm trying to take care of a LOT of last minute details

No worries! We know how busy you are.

Anyway... there is one more chapter to go in this here TR and then I may use this as a platform for my mini-TR/Bonus Report on the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet that @Malia78 and I went to in the Seattle area in August. We had an absolute blast and I have some crazy awesome stuff to share for you super diehard Disney fans. I hope to start that- or even finish it- before I leave.

Yay! Can't wait to read!

Nanu, nanu

<backs away slowly... now thoroughly frightened.>

It's the kids who INSIST on doing twirlies on the queue rails even after mom, dad, AND the CMs tell them not to. :sad2:

Meh. They bounce back. They're young.

Or on the Boardwalk when the boards aren't flush. Ask @franandaj .

That hurt just reading about it.

HEY! I needed those maps to find my eggs! And since I only bought a couple of pins, and my meals and my hotel room, I could afford $20 on maps.

Well, I'll be... so Disney really does print money.

:sad2:

Should have specifically asked her about that too. :rolleyes1

I didn't even get one, and I knew!

The perfect combo would be a dog AND some cheese in it.

No. I did that a couple weeks ago. Prefer it without the cheese.

It was lovely! That whole area (lobby and lounge area in GC) is sooooo nice.

::yes::

I like to see and do stuff off the beaten paths so to speak. Helps me to see things most just pass on by.

yes... I know... Slow down!
I got it!!

You KNOW it! You should show me how to do this someday so I can break out of my mosey and saunter modes.

A proper sashay is not taught. It is acquired over many years of careful thought and practice.

AS with every overseas trip I've EVER been on, things change daily. If one's not flexible, this sort of thing might not be their cup of tea.

Ah.

Actually, the major things are now beginning to wrap up and be finalized. The lessons are developed and will be one way or another this week, and Bekah and I will be packing the remaining supplies this weekend. After this, just misc. loose ends to tie up.

Good! Sounds like you're getting there!

We tweak the 2nd one. "My name is Mommy. You touched my coffee; prepare to die."

Although I don't like coffee, I like the creativity. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, today? Let's say, bed in a bit, so I can nap for my upcoming night shift. :( Only have to do 2-4 a month, but I still hate 'em.
Hopefully you got a good nap in and sorry for the night shift. :sad2: I used to work night shift, but it was consistent...the swapping back & forth is a killer.
So today, it's "My name is mommy, I worked a night shift, you touched my coffee, you are dead"?

Nah! Ya done good!
Awww shucks, thanks. :blush: Still high praise coming from you.

You know, @docsoliday1 , there is more fun to be had on my other thread. ;) Come play in our sandbox with us! Link in sig!

Meanwhile, replies coming later after I sleep off this night shift....

You know, @docsoliday1 , there is more fun to be had on my other thread. ;) Come play in our sandbox with us! Link in sig!

Meanwhile, replies coming later after I sleep off this night shift....
My apologies Liesa, but which TR? I've looked at all of them I think, but was following this one because I thought it was most current/recent. Next, moving to @pkonz TRs.

I just completed a thorough read through of each of your chapters, I just couldn't stop reading :yay:

I had heart palpitations for you when you realised you left your camera in the rental!
I thought that surely, after two days, you were not going to get it back!

Then when you left it in your friends car... oh dear!!

It is something that has happened to me, so I felt the stress!
Actually, the last time at Disneyland while I was at one of the nearby restaurants, I left my brand new phone in the bathrooms, I went back (about an hour later) and was thankful someone had handed it in!

Best of luck for your upcoming trip & work in Africa.

My apologies Liesa, but which TR? I've looked at all of them I think, but was following this one because I thought it was most current/recent. Next, moving to @pkonz TRs.
More replies later... running late for church, but it's the Nursing School Grad one... I think I saw you there... ;)

Yay! Can't wait to read!

Good thing you like to read... I have not one single picture. But perhaps you do. I doubt it, but there is a small chance. Then again, if any of my readers want to see those, they'll have to wait until you post them. That could be a while knowing how busy YOU are.

<backs away slowly... now thoroughly frightened.>

Mork was frightening? I admit I don't remember a lot about that show, but I don't recall him being all that scary.

Meh. They bounce back. They're young.

So, you're saying *I* shouldn't twirl on the queue thingys?

That hurt just reading about it.

I know. Yikes!

I didn't even get one, and I knew!

YOu didn't get a Little Red Wagon one either... Sad.

A proper sashay is not taught. It is acquired over many years of careful thought and practice.

Well, as they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.... I'll stick with moseying and sauntering then, if that's ok.

I think for us non-Canadians speakers, it would simply be sash.

Or just sass.

Although I don't like coffee, I like the creativity. :thumbsup2

I know many of my readers don't. We can still be friends. LOL!

Hopefully you got a good nap in and sorry for the night shift. :sad2: I used to work night shift, but it was consistent...the swapping back & forth is a killer.
So today, it's "My name is mommy, I worked a night shift, you touched my coffee, you are dead"?

I did! Slept most of the day in fact. Took me 2 full days to recover. Yes, back and forth really sucks. But, with only a couple a month, it's doable. Luckily, the house was quiet until 3:00 when the kids got home.

Good thing you like to read... I have not one single picture. But perhaps you do. I doubt it, but there is a small chance.

I definitely do not have any photos of the Pacific NW Mouse Meet. I wasn't there.

Then again, if any of my readers want to see those, they'll have to wait until you post them. That could be a while knowing how busy YOU are.

Then they'll wait for a loooong time since I wasn't there.

Mork was frightening? I admit I don't remember a lot about that show, but I don't recall him being all that scary.

Mork's tummy didn't have teeth!

So, you're saying *I* shouldn't twirl on the queue thingys?

I said no such thing.
Twirl on!

YOu didn't get a Little Red Wagon one either... Sad.

Nope. Disappointing.

Well, as they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.... I'll stick with moseying and sauntering then, if that's ok.

Nah. You're still young. You could learn.

Or just sass.

Took me 2 full days to recover.

That's about right.
I wouldn't wish night shifts on my worst enemy.

N is for: Noshables at Naples and TR Wrap UP

****WARNING: THIS POST HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO PHOTOS. SORRY FOR MAKING YOU SUFFER THROUGH READING.****

Time to wrap up this very short Dip into Disney. What Steppe Report would be complete without a little summary of what was? But first, let’s tidy up by sharing one last evening of DISMeet fun, shall we? We last left off with Steppe losing a fair bit of spring in her step. Her itty bitty tootsies were on fiiiii-uh, but better after she tossed off her togs and tossed back a glass of wine in a very cozy nook of the Grand Californian Lounge. It was lovely. And it was close to dinner time. Even girls with feet that feel like they’ve walked on a hot bed of coals get hungry.

The evening before, Kay, Pkondz and I decided that if it worked out with their touring, we could meet in DTD for a quick dinner. I had scoped the options out earlier when I was busy with my DTD Egg Hunt and a couple stood out: Naples and Catal. I’d wanted to try Catal since reading @Flossbolna ’s report a while back, but it seemed a bit more upscale than I’d wanted after having spent a pretty hefty wad at Club 33. Some good old-fashioned pasta sounded like it’d hit the spot… because vacations are not about watching one’s waistline. If that’s your objective, might I suggest a field trip to your produce aisle for some take out and a brisk tour of your local gym.

While I was just finishing up my wine and one of the NBA playoff games in the Lounge, I got a text saying Kay had been dropped off in the GA lobby and to meet her there. I hoped I wasn’t too intimidating. If I was, all that seemed to melt away when I showed her the little Gaston-infused gift from me. I hear tell she used it as a cover photo for a while? Anywho, it elicited a smile as we waited for her Dad, who joined us not too long after. Off the three of us traveled- one sashaying, one sauntering, and one limping- off to find noshables. (Hint: The Limper wasn’t me.)

I had called earlier for a table, so it didn’t take us long to get seated.

...At a table with bird poop and tree poop on it.

Good thing I called early for that table. :idea: :rolleyes:

And then we waited for a long while for a face and a greeting. Hmm….. When my water and our other drinks did come, mine was without the lemon that I’d specifically asked for. How hard can that be? At that point, Kay’s personality began to shine. “That guy’s tip is now at 10%. We’ll see if he can get above that.” I adored her snarky side. Perhaps her dad has a different opinion. I know I do about my own kids' tudes. :scratchin

He took our orders and I would love to share with you what I got. Or any of us for that matter. But, I cannot, and since I never, ever embellish or make stuff up for these reports, I can’t just make something up. I mean, I could, but then nothing would be believable.

And everything would be exactly the same.

All I can tell you for sure is that we did start with a Caprese Salad and it was good.

I think.

“Yay, his tip is up to 13%!”, Kay says.

About that time, I got a text from Alison who said she had a little package for me and she’ll meet me out in front of the restaurant. They had another event at the Parks that evening and couldn’t join us, but she wanted to drop off my gift from winning her Contest on her thread and a Tiki Cup. YAY!! (Geez, I hope I have luggage space for all of this! Wait! Who needs underwear when you have a Tiki Cup?!)

Back at the table, tree poop kept falling (Nuts? Seeds? I dunno, but it was a mess!) and we waited for our meals.

“Why is this taking so long? His tip is back to 12%”, pipes in Kay.

It did eventually arrive and it was fantastic whatever it was. I’m going off of general impressions, not specifics. Clearly. We were offered fresh parmesan wherein Kay declared his tip just shot up to 20%. Glad he was going to have a black letter day. It was a pleasant evening, and sitting outside was the perfect way to end a trip to SoCal. For me. They ended theirs with a trip through the Haagen Dazs ice cream shop. I was just too full. They were taking the diet scoffing to new levels. We didn’t browse too terribly long, if at all, as it’d been a long, full day for all 3 of us. We walked back to the hotel and said good night. They were gracious enough to offer me a ride back to LAX the next day as our flights were around the same time, so I took them up on it. It was an attractive option since rental cars around there eat cameras and walking was gonna hurt. Next time, I think I’ll fly into John Wayne for a shorter commute. But that’s for another TR altogether.

So… what were my takeaways from this trip?

1. The best part by far of this trip was the time I got to spend with Alison (@franandaj ), Fran, @pkondz and Kay. It was fabulous that we got so much time together and that we seemed to enjoy one another’s company. They invited me back, so I'll take that as a good sign. Alison bent over backwards to make our trip one that was filled with fantastic, lifelong memories and was a lovely hostess. I cannot thank her enough. Well, except to maybe buy her a few drinks and a meal or two in April.

2. Club 33 was something I’d only ever dreamed of. I have many, many more things on the Proverbial Bucket List that I’m slowly scratching off, but ticking that one off kinda rocked my world.

3. Pack more moleskin.

4. Little Red Wagon Corn dogs be da best! (Except Casey’s nuggets)

5. World of Color is still my favorite nighttime show produced by Disney after MSEP. This trip let me see both, which was pretty darned tootin’ amazing!

6. I still need to try the Plaza Fried Chicken Dinner.

7. I’m incredibly sad they tore down the Anabella Hotel. It holds some very dear memories for me from trips past.

8. The PoTC in Cali is 1,000 times better. And NOS may still hold #1 place for favorite “Land” for me.

9. The Storybook Boats never get old, the Puke Cups music track is way better in Disneyland, and I’m pretty excited to see Rivers of America when it’s done.

10. Really expensive, frou-frou drinks in tall stemmed glasses in the swankiest bar in Orange Co are the easiest to spill.

If you bothered to read this until the very end, I'll add:

Don't go away!!! I am going to use this TR as a platform for the Pacific Northwest MouseMeet. It is the country's largest unofficial fandom gathering held each year near Seattle and I got to go with @Malia78 in August. I have tons of photos and a bombdiggity time! Stick around!!

Last edited:
Hi Liesa
I am one of your readers that bothered to read your report to the near end because I enjoyed reading it.Will be sticking around to read the rest about your Pacific north west mouse meet adventure. One question what is the NOS Land in point number 8 of your TR Wrap UP section.

Last edited:
Hi Lisa
I am one of your readers that bothered to read your report to the near end because I enjoyed reading it.Will be sticking around to read the rest about your Pacific north west mouse meet adventure. One question what is the NOS Land in point number 8 of your TR Wrap UP section.

I'm not Liesa, and I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, but NOS is New Orleans Square. :)

Well that was a fun week! Hope to do it again this April and that @Malia78 chooses to come along and celebrate her special day with us!

How do you not remember what you ate? Almost all my Disney meals are memorable. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!