? About writing on canvas bags

Cinderella1001

Mouseketeer
I am trying to do a project for some of my DD friends and need to know if anyone here has used fabric pens or permanent pens (ie. Sharpie) to write on canvas bags. I wanted to use the pens because I didn't want to wait for fabric paint to dry. Has anyone here ever done such a project or am I going to fail completely? I thought that Sharpie markers would run on the canvas but I like the colors they offer. HELP from anyone would be appreciated.:confused3

Thanks.

I had my DD's girl scout troop make bags for their leaders and they used Sharpies and Marvy Markers and both worked well!:)

Yep! I've used Sharpies too. They work fine. You might even want to put a cloth over the designs & lightly iron them too afterwards to help heat set the markers.

Just be careful that the canvas bags weren't treated with some waterproofing spray. And keep hairspray away from the Sharpies. It actually breaks down the permanent ink. I use it whenever I get Sharpie Marker all over my hands.

You could also use fabric crayons and then heat set them with an iron.

You might want to put a piece of cardboard inside the bag before you start (an old cereal box will do) - it gives a firm surface to work on and stops colours coming through the other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter