Actual Dog Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi There!
I was hoping we could use this thread for actual dog experiences at the four resorts that are now designated dog-friendly. I know the other dog thread is going strong with lots of opinions, and was thinking that this thread could be for actual experiences rather than opinions.

I am very curious to see how this new policy will play out. I am also hoping we can see how Disney is enforcing their dog-rules.

So, if you booked a room for your furry friend, let us know how it went. Or, if you are a non-doggy guest but witnessed the new policy in action...give us feedback...good or bad :)

Disney hasn't allowed pets in hotel rooms before. You don't have any experience to collect at this point. And we all know how well Disney enforces their own rules.

Yes, but people are now allowed to book rooms that accommodate dogs. I was hoping to collect the factual info in one place.

i.e: When you booked were you told that you'd have the option of all room categories? That sort of thing. I'm just looking to see how this policy is actually put into action.

I think there are still a number of unanswered questions:
Will certain rooms in the resort be set aside for travelers with dogs, or will any room be fair game?
How were you accommodated if you had a pre-existing reservation at one of the four resorts and needed a dog-free room due to allergies?

I was thinking it would be helpful to separate the opinions from the actual experiences.

CrankyDad, I think this thread will eventually get closed. The Moderators seem to want to keep all the pet posts in one thread.
I was hoping we could use this thread for actual dog experiences at the four resorts
Since pet stays don't even start until the 15th, and the trial was just announced two days ago, maybe seeking this information is a bit premature?

We'll let this run for now, but if it gets out of hand, we may have to go with a FAQ-type thread as we have with other contentious topics like smoking and pool use.

The usual forum rules apply: complain about Disney's policies all you want, but do not attack other posters.

I'm in support of this thread~ let the other one be where people vent and express their opinions and have a discussion about the new program.
This would be a great place for exactly what CT Disney suggested. People will want information and no one wants to wade through 45+ pages of banter to find it.

I will withhold judgement until I see a smoking dog using the pool.
I won't comment until I see a smoking dog using the pool AND a refillable mug from a previous trip.

OP, I hope this thread stays open. If enough real experiences get posted, maybe it can morph into a FAQ. We were considering a POR stay using the kennel, so it definitely has my interest.

Since pet stays don't even start until the 15th, and the trial was just announced two days ago, maybe seeking this information is a bit premature?

I think he's wanting info of the whole experience. Like this part of a followup.

i.e: When you booked were you told that you'd have the option of all room categories? That sort of thing. I'm just looking to see how this policy is actually put into action.

Kind of a what we know when thing. And what the CMs know then what happens.

I won't comment until I see a smoking dog using the pool AND a refillable mug from a previous trip.

Ha! (Except that you can bring mugs back and pay to have the chip renewed but it's still funny)

From the other thread it's currently reported that at POR, two mansions (Acadian House and Parterre Place) will have pet friendly rooms. Makes sense as both of those buildings are right next to the pet relief areas in the mansion section. It was also reported that another guest just booked a room for 5 (which would be the Alligator Bayou section) and was told any building or room category could be booked. Seems like less restriction for the AB section.

It was also reported that another guest just booked a room for 5 (which would be the Alligator Bayou section) and was told any building or room category could be booked. Seems like less restriction for the AB section.

If that is true and AB at POR is still Disney's only moderate accommodations for families of 5, this is crazy. What if you're a family of 5 and someone has a bad dog allergy?

Is it just me or does it seem like the world may end in 2017? Between the storms, wildfires, other current events, and Disney announcing that in 48 hours, four of its resorts are going dog friendly for a full calendar year. And they'd handle it like it's tough noogies on you if your 5 year-old is allergic to pets and gets serious asthma attacks. And double-noogies on you if you're coming with your spouse and 3 children, one of whom is the afore-mentioned 5 year-old.

I like the idea of hearing people's actual, real-life (well, okay Disney :earsboy:) experiences. I'm one of those people with dog allergies. They are not the "life-threatening, anaphylactic shock" kind of allergies. They are the "my nose runs, my skin feels itchy, and my throat feels like it's growing hair" kind of allergies. Basically, I feel crummy. Like I have a really bad cold for a few days. Not dangerous...just yuck. But still no fun when you are on vacation. We've stayed on WDW property multiple times every year for the past 19+ years. In all that time, I've had allergy issues with only two rooms.

I don't want to make more out of the pet-friendly room issue than necessary if I don't really need to, you know? I'd like to hear what's actually happening before I chicken-little out over the whole thing. Although, I really don't want to feel like I'm rolling the dice every time I book a room either.

I'm looking forward to reading people's experiences. Please post (good and/or bad) when you get back from staying at any of the four resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter