Actual Dog Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to this point, person who have service dogs, haven't they been staying wherever? Have they been paying an extra fee for their dogs? Will they now need to stay ONLY at the 4 resorts?

I'd like to know how (and if) this affects them.

What I'm hoping to find out from other people is which parts of the resorts are dog-designated? My trip is in December and I'm staying at a now dog-friendly hotel but have bad allergies. I plan to bring all my emergency meds regardless and request a non-dog area, but I would love to know where the dog-friendly rooms are so I can steer clear. Called Disney and was told they don't know, which makes me really suspicious. The other thread about this is mostly opinions, so this thread is not the same thing and should not be closed.

Edited to add that we are looking into switching to a non-dog resort, but having bad luck on availability for our dates.

If that is true and AB at POR is still Disney's only moderate accommodations for families of 5, this is crazy. What if you're a family of 5 and someone has a bad dog allergy?

Is it just me or does it seem like the world may end in 2017? Between the storms, wildfires, other current events, and Disney announcing that in 48 hours, four of its resorts are going dog friendly for a full calendar year. And they'd handle it like it's tough noogies on you if your 5 year-old is allergic to pets and gets serious asthma attacks. And double-noogies on you if you're coming with your spouse and 3 children, one of whom is the afore-mentioned 5 year-old.

CBR also has rooms for 5.

Disney does a fantastic job handling allergies now, there is no reason to think they won't with this. And as many people already travel with service animals you could have already stayed in a room once occupied by a dog. Or other service animal.

CBR also has rooms for 5.

Disney does a fantastic job handling allergies now, there is no reason to think they won't with this. And as many people already travel with service animals you could have already stayed in a room once occupied by a dog. Or other service animal.
However, we've all seen threads where guests reported trash in the bed, under the bed, in the bathroom, spills on the floor when they entered their "clean" resort hotel room. Do we expect every pet room to get the extra treatment to make it clean for non-pet owning guests?

Well, then if you don't have to prove that the dog is a service animal, I wonder if the number of "service animals" will arise just to avoid the cost?

Well, then if you don't have to prove that the dog is a service animal, I wonder if the number of "service animals" will arise just to avoid the cost?
Why? Last month a pet wasn't allowed at any price. I'd think being able to bring your pet would motivate lying more then saving money.

The hotel is entitled to require proof of service dog status

Why? Last month a pet wasn't allowed at any price. I'd think being able to bring your pet would motivate lying more then saving money.

The hotel is entitled to require proof of service dog status

IMHO, I think this is why we are seeing the pet friendly policy/$50 charge. We saw quite a few emotional support animals on our trip this summer, and there is not as strict a policy where they are concerned. I am wondering if this will help steer some of those animals towards these 4 resorts? Hoping maybe we will see some of that answered in the next few weeks as well?

We'll let this run for now, but if it gets out of hand, we may have to go with a FAQ-type thread as we have with other contentious topics like smoking and pool use.

The usual forum rules apply: complain about Disney's policies all you want, but do not attack other posters.

Thanks, Lynne, for keeping this thread open for now :goodvibes

I'm hoping we'll be able to gather some good factual info and experiences, free of opinion and speculation.

Very curious to see which areas of the 4 resorts will be designated dog-friendly and how people are actually affected by the policy change...both positive and negative.

Yes I am anxious to see what real experiences are like instead of just speculation. Please keep the thread open!!! There is already a board for concerns so I hope people them over there.

We are staying at Yacht Club Nov. 1-10. I'd change to Beach Club if I could but there's no availability, so I'll report back after the trip on whether we noticed any dogs or problems. I don't think there will be that many dogs for our trip though -- this is such a recent change that people who have an early November trip planned probably weren't planning on bringing a pet.

However, we've all seen threads where guests reported trash in the bed, under the bed, in the bathroom, spills on the floor when they entered their "clean" resort hotel room. Do we expect every pet room to get the extra treatment to make it clean for non-pet owning guests?

I would. And if an allergy was a concern I'd request the deep cleaning they do for people with allergies or immune system issues.

No. Shut this down mods. One thread enough. Don’t need more of this dog junk
There's actually more than one thread on this subject matter (which does tend to happen) but one thread in particular is full more opinions and generally it isn't pretty. It's about stuff that hasn't actually happened yet versus this thread that is attempting to set up where you can share experiences..real experiences..versus the thousands (exaggeration..but barely lol) of 'what ifs' that have been going on.

Up to this point, person who have service dogs, haven't they been staying wherever? Have they been paying an extra fee for their dogs? Will they now need to stay ONLY at the 4 resorts?

I'd like to know how (and if) this affects them.
Yes service dogs have been allowed to stay at other resorts by ADA law. And no they will not need to stay at only the 4 resorts..that would be against the law. And no Disney cannot charge an extra fee simply because a person has a service dog but can be charged for damages just like other guests.

Q11. Can hotels assign designated rooms for guests with service animals, out of consideration for other guests?

A. No. A guest with a disability who uses a service animal must be provided the same opportunity to reserve any available room at the hotel as other guests without disabilities. They may not be restricted to "pet-friendly" rooms.

Q12. Can hotels charge a cleaning fee for guests who have service animals?
No. Hotels are not permitted to charge guests for cleaning the hair or dander shed by a service animal. However, if a guest's service animal causes damages to a guest room, a hotel is permitted to charge the same fee for damages as charged to other guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter