Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

That's such a fun way to announce the trip!! :) Would you like to adopt me?!

I didn't realize The Plaza menu had changed, so I'm off to take a look and see if we'll keep ours for April or not.

Have an amazing trip!!!

I love how you told the kids about the trip, so much fun. Funny that you cancelled your Plaza ADR, I did the same thing yesterday. It's still somewhere I want to try, but there is just so much to do in MK I don't want to take too much time for a sit down meal. Although I may still try to add it back in at some point, not sure.

Enjoy the rest of your week and bon voyage!

Hello Everyone!!!!

We are back from our trip. And I have to admit I had some SERIOUS Post-Disney Depression! Tomorrow our Annual Passes expire. And it is very sad!!! I do think we will go again next winter, so a year from now. And I am looking forward to there being some new stuff when we go.

We got back late Sunday night, and I had to head into work on Monday. The girls and Andy had Monday off, so they got to relax a bit before getting back to reality. But it was a long week and I am glad it is Saturday and we can all fully recover from the trip!

I want to thanks you all for following along as I planned all of my trips! I will def come back and add links as I work through my trips. I am going to get back to our summer trip hopefully today.

I do have a question for you all... We need a summer vacation and I seriously have no idea where to go!!! I think I have been planning Disney trips too much. I feel lost! Any suggestions? We aren't big beach people. I mean we will go for like an hour and swim and stuff. But we aren't just sit at the beach all day people. And I feel like that really limits our choices for summer.

Tomorrow our Annual Passes expire. And it is very sad!!! I do think we will go again next winter, so a year from now. And I am looking forward to there being some new stuff when we go.

Wow, that is some serious post Disney depression right there. You're right, though. By next winter, there will be so much more to do. We're thinking either summer or fall 2021 and hoping to see lots of new attractions.

We need a summer vacation and I seriously have no idea where to go!!! I think I have been planning Disney trips too much. I feel lost! Any suggestions? We aren't big beach people. I mean we will go for like an hour and swim and stuff. But we aren't just sit at the beach all day people. And I feel like that really limits our choices for summer.

Hubby and the kids are all beach people, so I end up the odd woman out. I appreciate being able to rest if everyone else is entertained, though.

We're cruising out of NY this summer. It'll be beach days at the ports and then hanging out on sea days. There are some interesting cruises either out of Manhattan or Bayonne that you could look at. Parking there isn't cheap, but it's still way cheaper than dealing with flights and airport transfers for the family. Plus, you can pack your luggage without concern for TSA rules, are only beholden to your own schedule on arrival and departure day, etc.

eed a summer vacation and I seriously have no idea where to go!!! I think I have been planning Disney trips too much. I feel lost! Any suggestions? We aren't big beach people. I mean we will go for like an hour and swim and stuff. But we aren't just sit at the beach all day peopl

A resort in the mountains? Hiking, pool, togetherness...

I agree with goodeats - the mountains. We have taken trips in the summer to places that are ski resorts in the winter . Hiking , mountain biking , etc. whitewater rafting and zip lining if available nearby .

Oh no! I'm sad they removed the fried green tomato sandwich from the plaza! I never made it there to try it.
I know! I am sure the food is still fine, but that was what I always wanted!

I hope you make it to Trader Sam's!
Sadly we did not! ;( I will just have to go on our next adults only trip. Although, not sure when that will be.

I didn't realize The Plaza menu had changed, so I'm off to take a look and see if we'll keep ours for April or not.
I saw a picture of the brisket Mac and Cheese and it is sooooo much different than when Andy got it. So little brisket. So disapointing.

Funny that you cancelled your Plaza ADR, I did the same thing yesterday. It's still somewhere I want to try, but there is just so much to do in MK I don't want to take too much time for a sit down meal. Although I may still try to add it back in at some point, not sure.
We did keep our Liberty Tree Lunch reservation and were pleasantly pleased with it. Might be a new option for us.

We're cruising out of NY this summer. It'll be beach days at the ports and then hanging out on sea days. There are some interesting cruises either out of Manhattan or Bayonne that you could look at. Parking there isn't cheap, but it's still way cheaper than dealing with flights and airport transfers for the family. Plus, you can pack your luggage without concern for TSA rules, are only beholden to your own schedule on arrival and departure day, etc.
Morgan has been against Cruising. But I do want to try one sometime. I am kind fo scared for us to get a bad cruise. We have had some bad summer trip mojo. I want to do the Disney Alsaka Cruise one day!

Wow, that is some serious post Disney depression right there. You're right, though. By next winter, there will be so much more to do. We're thinking either summer or fall 2021 and hoping to see lots of new attractions.
there will be! And I have to keep that in my mind as I am sad more and more about our lack of trips. Plus, we now, really can't have Morgan out of school as much. Middle school is mush more serious!

A resort in the mountains? Hiking, pool, togetherness...
Any resorts that you like? That might be good for us.

I agree with goodeats - the mountains. We have taken trips in the summer to places that are ski resorts in the winter . Hiking , mountain biking , etc. whitewater rafting and zip lining if available nearby .
Any resorts you like?

It depends on how far you're looking to travel. I'm in California and would go to either Colorado, Utah, or one of the more local mountains (Mammoth is our family's fave), but I believe you're in the Northeast? I don't really know what's out there.

The Colorado Rockies are amazing. Your girls are good ages for all the adventures. There are many towns with resorts at varying price points. Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, etc. The ski resorts are good places to start, but IME, renting a condo or house can be a way to save money, but it involves cooking and grocery shopping. You do get extra space though. YMMV!

It depends on how far you're looking to travel. I'm in California and would go to either Colorado, Utah, or one of the more local mountains (Mammoth is our family's fave), but I believe you're in the Northeast? I don't really know what's out there.

The Colorado Rockies are amazing. Your girls are good ages for all the adventures. There are many towns with resorts at varying price points. Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, etc. The ski resorts are good places to start, but IME, renting a condo or house can be a way to save money, but it involves cooking and grocery shopping. You do get extra space though. YMMV!
Thanks!!! We aren't against flying. I was looking at caribean all inclusive resorts as well. I will take a look!

The cooking... I really don't want to cook on vacation. For me that is a big part of my relaxing!

Have you heard of Rocking Horse Ranch? It's an all inclusive resort in NY, about 3 hours north of us. We haven't been ourselves but I've heard good things. In the summer, there's water sports, horseback riding, etc. It was in consideration before we ultimately opted for the cruise.

Any resorts you like?

This year we went to Lake Tahoe . We were on the south side / California side but I think either part would be great. We have gone to Colorado Springs and Mt Tremblant in Canada. When we went to Canada, we split time between Montreal and Mt Tremblant.

One my list but I haven't gone to yet are Park City, Utah and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Oh, and Banff/ Lake Louise in Canada.

Have you thought about San Diego ? We love that too. So much to do. We stayed a little north in Carlsbad at the Park Hyatt. I am not sure if they still do but they had an area with activities you could do like badminton , volleyball, croquet that was free and I think the game room was free also - well, included in the price. But anywhere along the coast there would be good.

I highly recommend a summer visit to Canada! :P The east coast is lovely in the summer. Halifax is a beautiful, friendly, fun city. Prince Edward Island is rustic and relaxed and beachy... (Just ask @chunkymonkey how great PEI is!) There are lots of fun things to do within the span of a few hours. Theatre, beaches, hiking/nature, museums, whale watching, lots of delicious eats, etc.

Welcome back! Post Disney depression is so real and it's worse when you know you won't be back for a while.

Have you guys done Hershey Park? We love it there and it's not too far.

We also did Gaitlinburg, Nashville and Dollywood last year in July and I would go back in a heartbeat. Nashville's a heavy drinking place so not sure about that with the kids but Dollywood, Gaitlinburg and the Smoky mountains were fantastic.

My sister and I fell in love with Disney's Hilton Head resort a few years ago. It's a beach resort but we went in January when it wasn't really beach weather and there was plenty of other stuff to do too.

And I have to admit I had some SERIOUS Post-Disney Depression! Tomorrow our Annual Passes expire. And it is very sad!!! I do think we will go again next winter, so a year from now.
Ugh, the end to a Disney trip is the worst... as is rejoining reality back home :faint: I'm excited to hear about your latest trip though! Is your next Disney trip really a year away? Or do you think you'll get back sooner? At least you'll have a summer vacay to look forward to! :goodvibes If I was going someplace other than Disney, I'd go out west and explore some National Parks! You'll have to let us know what you decide on ::yes::

Hello Everyone!!! First I want to thank everyone for there suggestions! I am looking into all of them! Although I am unsure how big of a trip we will be able to take this summer. We are having our house re-sided and ran into an issue today with the front porch. So, Andy is meeting with contractors today and tomorrow to see what needs to be done and how much it will cost! Once we know that, then I will probably be able to figure some stuff out.

I am also trying to strategically figure out our trips loosely going forward. Andy will be turning 50 in 2022 and wants to go to Hawaii for it. We have also been talking about going to Disneyland again sometime (which is an option for this summer) And Andy did say he was thinking we would go back to Disney World next Winter, so that is good. And really, at least I can start planning that!? Right?

I did realize that the girls school calender is already posted for next year. Which is super early for our school. And they do have a random day off in March for Teacher In Service. So, I am wondering if we should shoot for that week. Anybody know how busy it is in Mid to End of March? It would be nice to have Flower and Garden going on.

In other news, my girlfriend text'd me last night and said they were going to Disney over Spring Break. And was asking me some questions. Turns out they haven't booked hotel or anything other than plane tickets yet! She was giving me serious anxiety about it. I told her to go findd a hotel now! And book fast passes. Oye!

Have you heard of Rocking Horse Ranch? It's an all inclusive resort in NY, about 3 hours north of us. We haven't been ourselves but I've heard good things. In the summer, there's water sports, horseback riding, etc. It was in consideration before we ultimately opted for the cruise
I have heard about it and thought about it a bunch of times!

This year we went to Lake Tahoe . We were on the south side / California side but I think either part would be great. We have gone to Colorado Springs and Mt Tremblant in Canada. When we went to Canada, we split time between Montreal and Mt Tremblant.

One my list but I haven't gone to yet are Park City, Utah and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Oh, and Banff/ Lake Louise in Canada.

Have you thought about San Diego ? We love that too. So much to do. We stayed a little north in Carlsbad at the Park Hyatt. I am not sure if they still do but they had an area with activities you could do like badminton , volleyball, croquet that was free and I think the game room was free also - well, included in the price. But anywhere along the coast there would be good.
These are all great suggestions thanks! I meantioned the whole Ski Resort thing, and Andy really seemed to like the idea. And we have thought about San Diego. I was floating the ideas of Disneyland and San Diego to Andy. Which he isn't against, but I do think Andy is a little Disney-fatigued.

I highly recommend a summer visit to Canada! :P The east coast is lovely in the summer. Halifax is a beautiful, friendly, fun city. Prince Edward Island is rustic and relaxed and beachy... (Just ask @chunkymonkey how great PEI is!) There are lots of fun things to do within the span of a few hours. Theatre, beaches, hiking/nature, museums, whale watching, lots of delicious eats, etc.
Canada has been on the table as well. And I said I would def want to go to PEI. I was and am a huge Anne of Green Gables fan. If we decided to go that route, I will def want to pick your brain!

Have you guys done Hershey Park? We love it there and it's not too far.
We have not. We have talked about it a number of times and just never make it there. I think now that the girls are older (and taller) it would be more fun. And if this whole porch thing ends up being $$$ something like Hershey Park might be good.

My sister and I fell in love with Disney's Hilton Head resort a few years ago. It's a beach resort but we went in January when it wasn't really beach weather and there was plenty of other stuff to do too.
I was looking at that one night. But Disney's website, gives you so little information! I didn't know how to feel about it.

Is your next Disney trip really a year away? Or do you think you'll get back sooner?
Unfortantly, yes. I mean that was what we were doing before. My only real hope is A) we decide to go to California as our summer trip and do Disneyland and San Diego or B) we do another Adults only trip and me and Andy go. Or Actually now that I am typing it, I was thinking of trying to get down to Florida to visit my grandparents again. And maybe a day or two on property. No parks, maybe a water park and Disney Springs or something. As you can tell, I am constantly skeming!!!

Well I am heading to Disney THIS March and fully expect it to be insanity for pretty much the whole month....I don't know if next year will be as bad with all the new stuff being less...new...but it's still always a pretty busy time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!