Adding a willed contract?

JOHNHORAZ

JOHN
Hello-
Wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question...

My father passed away in 2018. He willed A contract to me.
I have been paying the dues and making reservations in my name since then and today I got the deeds in my name after going through Probate and Orange county.
I have my own contract in my name. Will they just add my father's contract to my membership in my name?
We both had the same Feb Use Year.
Other thing I am worrying about is if they transfer it, Will that delete/cancel a thanksgiving week trip I have booked? or will they transfer that reservation to my account also?
Or should i wait till after thanksgiving to notify DVC?
Any info is appreciated!!!!!!!

You have two very separate questions. As to putting the inherited contract into your membership account, that can be done by contacting MS (the second prompt on the phone after MS answers for making a title change), and providing it with the new deed, with one caveat: the new deed needs to have the same named owner ss the original ownership, e.g., if your current membership shows both you and your souse as owner, the need deed needs to show you and your spouse as owners to be added to your membership, otherwise a new membership will be created.

Whether you can keep the Thanksgiving reservation when making the switch is unknown. Usually, when informed of the death of the last remaining owner, DVC will cancel any exiting reservation. Also, the reservation you made after the death is technically illegal – your father’s death automatically froze the account until new ownership was legally established --- and thus MS could cancel simply because the reservation was improperly made. You may want to contact MS and find out what may actually occur , but recognize there is a risk that the reservation could be lost.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!