Adding on dining plan after hotel already booked?

Destinyz12

Mouseketeer
If I decide to book my hotel/tickets package on the disney website, but am not sure yet if I want to add on a dining plan, is there a specific time frame where I can still go back later and add on the dining plan?

You can add the dining plan but I cannot remember if it has to be before final payment is due. IMO you should add it now and remove if you change your mind. You don't owe anything extra to add it and you can make your ADRs when you reach you 180 day mark. If you change your mind, nothing is lost.

You can add the dining plan but I cannot remember if it has to be before final payment is due. IMO you should add it now and remove if you change your mind. You don't owe anything extra to add it and you can make your ADRs when you reach you 180 day mark. If you change your mind, nothing is lost.

Not necessarily. If you do change after the PIF date, you could be charged a change fee and a processing fee.

If I decide to book my hotel/tickets package on the disney website, but am not sure yet if I want to add on a dining plan, is there a specific time frame where I can still go back later and add on the dining plan?

You can wait until 72 hrs before check-in to add it. You don't need the DDP to make ADRs; you can do that at 180 days out. The only time it makes a difference is with ADRs that require pre-payment. If you're on the DDP, you don't have to prepay. If you do prepay and add the DDP later, your prepayment will be refunded.

You can add the dining plan to a package up to 3 days before your arrival date for a regular CRO reservation or two days for a DVC points reservation.

If you modify your package after the final payment date (30 days before arrival date) and your new total is less, there is a $50 change fee that is assessed. If you wait until within 2 weeks of arrival date there is an additional $15 paperwork fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!