ADR before MVMCP ?

shan136

Mouseketeer
We are going to MVMCP the first full day that we will be at WDW. We will be spending the day at MK and since we are on DDP we would like to use 1 TS each day. None of the TS restaurants in MK seem very enticing, so I am not really sure what to do about ADRs that day.

I was thinking we could either have 2 CS meals that day and use our TS credits another time or take the Monorail to the Kona Cafe for a early dinner. Personally, I like the idea of going to the Kona Cafe but I am concerned it will be too much of an inconvenience to the rest of my party. It's been a long time since I have been to WDW so I really don't how to plan this day out. Any suggestions?

Will there be young children in your party? If so Crystal Palace is a great TS because of the Pooh characters, and the buffet is very good.

Personally I would recommend Kona Cafe as it's probably my favorite all-around TS. Yes, you need to get back out to the monorail but the food is worth it, and the ride around is fun in itself.

When we go to MNSSHP we have an early dinner at Crystal Palace. If that doesn't appeal to you, do Kona. You can take the boat there and the monorail back. That can be fun too.

Thanks for the input. Crystal Palace sounds like a good idea. My only concern is that it's a 2DDP credit meal and we are going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast this week as well, although I have been thinking it may be better to pay for Chef Mickey's OOP instead of wasting 2 credits for a breakfast buffet.

I am definitely going to have to schedule and ADR for Kona, it's the only WDW restaurant that seems to get consistently good feedback.

Those character meals that you mentioned are not 2 TS credits each, they are only 1 TS credit each. Most character meals are only one TS credit.

CRT, Mickey's BBQ and the dinner shows (HDDR, SoA) are 2TS credits each. Signature Dining and Room Service also are 2TS credits each.

We're having dinner at The Wave at the Contemporary at 5:00 on the evening of our MVMCP, and we'll be leaving MK via monorail and returning to the park. We've tried all the various in-park dinner options before parties, and think that a nice meal outweighs the inconvenience of leaving the park to eat.

Although, if you decide to try Crystal Palace for dinner, that would be our one in-park choice!!

Those character meals that you mentioned are not 2 TS credits each, they are only 1 TS credit each. Most character meals are only one TS credit.

That's great, I don't know why I though they were 2 TS credits.

Originally, the idea of the CP never entered my mind and I think if it was just me (I am not a huge park person, I'm more into the resorts & restaurants) I would leave the park and eat. But, I think that my DH and DS6 will really enjoy CP since it is their very first trip to WDW. Hopefully, I will be able to get an ADR.

Thank you all for your input, it really has helped alot.

We have done both the Crystal Palace and The Plaza, only because we didnt want to waste any time from the party, since you can get in at 4 pm. The Plaza definetely would be a waste of a ts dinig credit. If you want CP book as early as you can, it tends to sell out on party nights.

Also did you consider the Grand Floridian Cafe. The food is o.k, but I think at christmas time its more of the atmosphere etc. Its hands down over the Polynesian for decorations etc. ou could check out the gingerbread house, huge lobby tree (great photo ops) and have a decent meal too.

Best of luck deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter